Roo and Celia? Original characters?

Homeandawayfan.

On 17/07/2021 at 11:19, dan said:

I never thought about Leonard Swindley being in Corrie from that early on, but apparently he was. To me a better example is that of Emily Nugent/Bishop, whose character first appeared in episode 4, played by a non-speaking extra, but who was then played from episode 15, in January 1961, until the end of 2015 by Eileen Derbyshire. So much fuss has been made over the years about William Roache being with the soap for so long, but comparatively little was ever said about how Eileen had been with the soap for only about 5 weeks less than him, and the character of Emily for only about a fortnight less, so surely close enough to really be an 'original' character.

Basically anyone who was cooked up in the planning stages counts as an original, IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, cymbaline said:

Does anybody know when that original cast photo was taken?

After the Pilot and before the first episode  I presume as Doris Peters was not in the photo and she was supposed be a regular and Celia was bought as replacement. 

It’s hard to imagine Doris being a regular since she only appeared in one scene .

Archived