Losing Our Grip on the Bay

FootyKick

• 5 months later...

Chapter Five

It was the day of Nikau's funeral, and that brought up bad memories for Bella of the loss in her life. She couldn't believe it - first her mother, then her father, then Colby sent to prison, and now the love of her life Nikau is gone too. Bella joined the Paratas in the front row of the church.

Ari began to speak. "Thank you all for coming here today to celebrate Nikau's life. He was our beautiful boy. His life was cut too short but I'm thankful for the time we had together. His mother Gemma would be very proud of him."

Bella, who was hesitant to speak at first, decided to say a few words. "It feels like Nik and I had more downs than ups if I'm being honest. We continued to struggle in our relationship, but hey, at least we finished off strong."

With the formal proceedings finished, Ari, Tane, Mia and Bella went to the cemetery for Nikau's burial. Chloe was nowhere to be seen - the family still unaware that she was responsible for Nikau's death.

Alf was still feeling a bit all over the place. Roo was away in New York tending to family business, unaware that Alf was in pain. Alf questioned whether he should phone Roo to fill her in on his supposed health troubles, but he opted not to. He couldn't let his pride get in the way.

As Alf tucked into a meat pie from the Diner for lunch, things took a terrible turn for the worse. What started out as mild chest pains quickly intensified into something much more serious - a heart attack. Alf proceeded to collapse to the floor. No one is in sight to help him. Will he be found in time?

Archived