Will the bay have more kids being born an actually grow up in the bay?

maciam

On 06/03/2021 at 14:02, maciam said:

I like how we have seen VJ being born and raised in the bay. I would love for more kids growing up there,  and I hope Jai stays.

I suppose it depends on if the child's parents end up being long-term characters.  Duncan Stewart grew up in Summer Bay until he was 14-15 (or about 12 in real years).  Chris Fletcher must have been there from birth until 9-10 years old, but I can't think of anyone else other than them and VJ staying even until their 2nd birthday.

On 08/03/2021 at 02:48, homeandawayroxsomuch. said:

I suppose it depends on if the child's parents end up being long-term characters.  Duncan Stewart grew up in Summer Bay until he was 14-15 (or about 12 in real years).  Chris Fletcher must have been there from birth until 9-10 years old, but I can't think of anyone else other than them and VJ staying even until their 2nd birthday.

Maybe Grace will, if Penny MacNamee stays long enough? She would be about 18 months now, so she'd be close to being our fifth longest-running baby (after VJ, Duncan, Chris and Pippa). 

2 hours ago, maciam said:

Don't forget Sam Marshall

I was really hoping Jett would become the new Sam/Sally. I know he was a bit older when he was introduced, but given John and Marilyn are still on the show, the producers were in a prime position to always have stories for him. 

It was a shame Will wanted to leave after his 3 years. You can't blame him, but it's still disappointing for the fans. At least we still get him back for guest stints every now and then

On 11/03/2021 at 19:29, adam436 said:

I was really hoping Jett would become the new Sam/Sally. I know he was a bit older when he was introduced, but given John and Marilyn are still on the show, the producers were in a prime position to always have stories for him. 

It was a shame Will wanted to leave after his 3 years. You can't blame him, but it's still disappointing for the fans. At least we still get him back for guest stints every now and then

The other thing with Jett is that they introduced characters his age (and had an already established one in VJ), but then the rest of them (VJ, Olivia, Hunter) were being played by actors who were a whole 5 years older than Will.  Recasting VJ to Matt Little made there seem to be more of an age gap between VJ and Jett.  Of that time, the nearest actor in age to Will was probably Philippa Northeast (4 years apart) because that whole teenage character generation was WILDLY Dawson cast.

On the other hand, Cameron Welsh played Mitch McColl and Aleetza Wood played Peta Janossi in their early 20s, but they still seemed to blend in with the rest of the teens of that time, many of whom were 6 years younger than them (Zac Drayson, Ryan Clark Bec Hewitt, Stephen James King, Tammin Sursok were all born in 1983) and more in line with their characters.

Archived