General Chat

Krazy Karl

I'd hate to have cold summer. lol

i'm in pain toinght. my goddamn outhodontist decided it would be fun, right smack bang in the middle ofthe holidays, to make me come in for an appoinment and rtighten my expander...which of course has put me in pain.

<_<

Awww, Rosey! :( Is it just sore or is it rubbing your gums, too?

I was given orthodontic wax to stop it rubbing, and if it's just general pain then I'm pretty sure it will've gone down by tomorrow. I remember when I had mine it killed for the first day and then after that it was okay. :) Grr, I hate orthodontists, but the result at the end when you have your braces off is totally worth it. You have perfect, straight teeth. :)

Yeah :D

It rubs against my gums and kills me

I'm cold :(

Didn't they give you any wax to put over the metal bits that are rubbing? I know we get it over here - if it carries on hurting, maybe you should go back and see if they'll give you some.

Or, you could melt a bit of a candle and put that in your mouth when it's pliable. I often did that in times of desperation!

Rosey, sorry - I didn't make myself very clear! Not literally put a whole candle in your mouth, but get some candle wax and melt it 'til it's soft and put that over the bits that are rubbing if your orthodontist didn't give you any wax. Obviously, it's not the ideal solution but if you're in pain then it's better than nothing. :)

Not your fault :P I;m the one sitting here at 1:30 am watching Freaky friday on my DVD player....well actuallyit just finsihed. And i'm alo talking on msn to some people

*reads your post again*

So the candle wax...will it make it eaiser for me?

Lol, it's okay...I'm just rubbish at explaining myself. :P

It depends what's causing the pain. If it's just that your mouth hurts 'cos your brace is tight and nothing's rubbing, then wax won't do much. You've just got to ride it out and wait for your mouth to adjust to the added pressure. If, however, the pain is due to the fact that your brace is rubbing on your gums and making your mouth sore, then if you get a little bit of soft wax and put it over the nasty bits of the brace so the edges aren't so sharp anymore, or whatever, then that should help things. :)