The mid 90s teens

Skylover

Does anyone else think it's a shame no long-term partnerships were formed out of the mid 90s teens? The writers seemed to try every different pairing (haven't seen Jack/Shannon yet though). I kind of wish Jack/Selina went somewhere, or Jack/Chloe. I was also getting quite used to Curtis and Selina after not liking them together much at first.

I personally think this current group works best as just a very strong group of friends, who have romances with outsiders (like Sally with Nelson, Curtis with Laura, Jack with Chloe or Shannon with Alex). Although romances do come and go between the "main" group, they never last and I think they are fondly remembered to this day because of the strong underlying friendship between them, rather than relationships.

I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the relationships, just that I feel the reason they are remembered as one of the best teen groups is because they worked best as friends.

I think now that Jack and Selina are both more mature and been through hard times and they are both sort of the "roughest" characters it would be interesting to see them together again (but it was obvious from her reaction to Sally that she in no way sees Jack as suitable boyfriend material for anyone!)

Selina and Curtis weren't nearly as "big" a romance as I had remembered, and I do feel sorry for Curtis, being dumped with no real sensitivity or reason after Selina's near death experience, and just expected to be ok with it, especially after he was so cautious to move on from Laura and take the "next step" with Selina.

Archived