Fire Bug (working title)

aussie fan

Fantastic couple of chapters! :) Wonder who was lying down below on the cliff face?  Mysterious! I can understand Nate reacting that way to seeing Mick but it was quite unprofessional. Hope Irene is going to be ok. Really interesting development with Hunter, and with Mason and Olivia. Mason came across as quite threatening in that scene. Olivia needs to watch her back! :blink: Hunter's in a tight spot now, isnt he?! He'll be in trouble either way. If he tells the truth about what he was doing in Zac's office, he stands to lose the only father he's ever had. If he doesn't then he might end up in juvie again. Not easy.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 12

The surf club
Marilyn races into the surf club.
Marilyn "has anyone seen John?"
Vj "calm down Marilyn. John texted me yesterday morning and sed he wasn't arriving home until tomorrow"
Marilyn "did he. He never told me"
Vj "I'm sure he just forgot"
Marilyn "he has been forgetful lately"
Vj "exactly. There's nothing to worry about"
Marilyn "you're a good young man, Vj"
Vj "hopefully my little girl feels the same way."
Marilyn and Vj hug

The Diner
Olivia "it's busy again today"
Irene "at least the hype surrounding the fire has died down"
Olivia "I wouldn't be so sure"
Irene "why? what have you heard?"
Olivia "When me and Hunter rocked up to school this morning, they were searching everyone's lockers"
Irene "Did they find anything?"
Olivia "I'm not sure"
Irene "Is there something your not telling me"
Olivia "they took him Ren-ee"
Irene "took who?"
Olivia "Hunter"
Irene "I'm sorry"
Olivia "he's innocent"
Irene "are you sure?"
Olivia "I was with him"
Irene "have you told the cops that?"
Olivia "not exactly"
Irene "how not exactly, are we talking here"
Olivia "ok, not at all"
Irene "Olivia, you need to tell the truth"
Olivia "what if the truth gets him into trouble"
Irene "sorry to break it to you. But I think he's already in trouble"
Olivia "you may be right"

The Police Station

Kat "Let's go over your statement one more time"
Hunter "this is ridiculous, we have already been over this"
Kat "Well let's go over it one more time. Because your story isn't adding up"
Hunter "It's not a story"
Kat "In your statement, you sed you were with Olivia at the time of the fire"
Hunter "yes"
Kat "I'm sorry Hunter. But given the fact that you've had your girlfriend try and lie for you before. It doesn't look good for you"
Zac "I don't think it's fair to judge him on his past mistakes. We've all had those, wouldn't you agree?"
Kat "in any case, the evidence is overwhelming?"
Hunter "what evidence?"
Kat "the evidence we found in your locker"
Kat places an evidence bag on the table. Hunter looks at the contents of the bag.
Hunter "I've never seen them before"
Kat "we found accelerant on the gloves and a lighter hidden in the back of your locker. It would appear someone was trying to hide it"
Hunter "if your so sure I'm guilty, why don't you just arrest me"
Kat "There are some inconsistencies in the evidence. No finger prints were found on either item"
Hunter "so basically it's circumstantial"
Kat "I think you and I both know we have more than that. So how about you start telling us the truth?"
Kat "where were you before the fire started?"
Hunter "in the library"
Kat "can anyone confirm this?"
Hunter "I was alone. I had a free period, so I thought I would catch up on some study ahead of my exams"
Kat "what happened next?
Hunter "I headed back inside the school to meet up with Olivia. And then we left because everyone was evacuating."
Zac "It couldn't of been Hunter, because he was no where near my office at the time of the fire"
Kat "so he says. But with no witnesses and all our evidence pointing towards him. It's going to be hard to prove he's telling the truth"
Hunter "can I go now"
Kat "your free to go. Hunter don't leave town. We will have more questions for you soon"

Chapter 13

Flashback to the accident site
tossing and turning. Finally his eyes begin to open. As his vision starts to improve he notices the huge bus above his head. letting out a huge scream he scrabbles to his feet. Out of the corner of his eye he sees flashing lights. he tries to walk toward it, but realises there's a rocky wall in front of him. He soon realises that the lights are continuing to drift away and any chance of help might of gone with it.
He feels something hard in his pocket. reaching into his pocket, he pulls out a phone. the battery is almost dead and the screen is smashed badly. There is a half written text message appearing on the screen. He quickly fumbles with the buttons and presses send. Almost immediately a "failed to send message" appears. As the seconds past and the remainder of his battery dies. All hope may have been lost.

Until the sounds of an engine on the road is heard. He screams out for help one more time. Using all his strength to do so. A women walks over the cliff face and stars down at me.
Tracey "Are you alright down there?"
Man "just kind of stuck"
Tracey "me and my son will help you out?"
Tracey walks back towards the car and connects one end of the rope to the car and throws the other end of the rope down the cliff face.
Tracey "tie the rope around your waist"
Tracey motions for her son to slowly reverse the car.
The man places both hand around the rope. Slowly he feels his body move off the ground.
As he is pulled up the cliff. he uses his feet to gently push off the rocky wall.
the rope continues to rub against the rock. As the man nears closer to the top of the cliff.
Tracey watches very carefully as the rope is much thinner now.
The man rests his hand on the edge of the cliff. Just as the rope begins to snap.
As the mans fingers start to lose their grip. Tracey grabs hold of the man's hand.
Tracey "you need to let go of the rope and help use your other arm to pull yourself up"
The man lets go of the rope, presses his hand hard against the cliff face and with Tracey using all her strength to yank him over the edge, they manage to do so.
out of breath and exhausted. They both try to breathe normally again.
Tracey jumps to her feet. Holds out her hand to the stranger she just rescued.
Tracey "I don't believe I caught your name?"
Man "I don't know"
Tracey "no really, who are you?"
Man "I don't remember"
Tracey "how hard did you hit your head?"
the man places his hand to his head.
Man "my head hurts"
Tracey "I think we need to get you to a hospital"

Irene's house

Olivia answers the door.
Olivia "Hunter, are you ok?
Olivia hugs Hunter.
Hunter "yes I'm fine. I think the police want to talk to you"
Olivia "did you tell them the truth"
Hunter "No"
Olivia "Hunter"
Hunter "look Liv, either way it looks bad.
Olivia "what do they have on you"
Hunter "some lighter and gloves they found at the scene in my locker. I mean sometimes I don't even lock my damn locker"
Olivia "did you tell the police that"
Hunter "they wouldn't believe me anyway. They already decided I'm guilty"
Olivia "What did the evidence look like anyway"
Hunter "I don't know just some white and black gloves and a purple lighter. I've never seen them before in my life. You believe me don't you"
Olivia "yes of course I believe you"
Hunter "thanks"
Olivia "wait go back?. Did you say purple lighter"
Hunter "yes. I don't see what that has to do with anything though"
Olivia "I've got to go"
Hunter "but it's your house"

Archived