Martin "Ash" Ashford - George Mason

standbyme

7 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

I hate how arrogant Ash was in 2018 by taking law into his own hands. All he was doing was wanting revenge on Robbo. Robbo was not responsible for Kat's death or her baby as it was Kat's choice to break the law and go on the run. 

I felt it was pretty low the way he spoke to Tori and Justin as both were trying to help him not get into trouble by law. 

I know Brax took the law into his own hands at times but at least Brax was doing it to protect his family or someone else. 

Yeah. I didn't like it either,  I did sympathise with him losing his baby, and I get his anger and want for revenge, but obviously it's not the right way to go around things. Also, the fact that he was told many times that hunting down Robbo wasn't what Kat want, but still did it anyway made it clear that, even though he obviously did care for Kat, Ash was doing all this for himself, which makes it even more unlikeable. And because of his actions, Justin, Alf and Roo were nearly killed. And the way he just paraded around the town threatening people and how he taunted Robbo afterwards and just expect people to be on his side, was even worse. Though I lost a lot of sympathy in that time, I still felt it for him near the end, and when he returned,he was more likeable. Still, after all he suffered, even though he was very wrong this year. I'm glad he left happy. 

Ash expected everyone to forgive his sister after Billie caused so much trouble when she first arrived. 

I actually dislike Ash most in his final months as just got so annogant in thinking he was advove law. 

Edited by j.laur5

• 8 months later...

I didn't warm to Ash at all. I don't think he was a bad person but was just so hot-headed all the time, basically expecting violence or yelling to fix everything. I agree that him going after Robbo was incredibly stupid and reckless - its not as if he was the one to crash into her and even then, it was an accident and Kat was the one driving.

Another thing I didn't like was when he wanted custody of Luc. I get she's his niece and he had lost his sister, but it was like he was trying to force her on Kat even though she didn't want kids, and VJ wanted to be involved as a dad but was just a bit overwhelmed at the time. I'm glad that she went with him and not Ash.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 21/04/2019 at 20:20, Lunar said:

Another thing I didn't like was when he wanted custody of Luc. I get she's his niece and he had lost his sister, but it was like he was trying to force her on Kat even though she didn't want kids, and VJ wanted to be involved as a dad but was just a bit overwhelmed at the time. I'm glad that she went with him and not Ash.

To this day, I am still extremely confused as to why anyone, on God's green earth, give the rights to a child to Ash, who at the time lived in a van with a partner who wasn't 100% behind the idea and a brother suffering from PTSD, and had major anger issues (hypocritically, the exact thing he was condemning VJ for). I hated him during that storyline, it would have killed Billie all over again to see all the people she cared about rip each other apart over her daughter. 

• Like 3

I liked Ash when he came to the Bay, and his interaction with Brax, but it all went downhill as soon as Brax left. I think they introduced him trying to make Brax 2.0 but they didn't succeed. I didn't like him with Denny, I didn't like how TPTB broke up Phoebe and Kyle just to get her with Ash, and I never ever understood why they would pair him with Kat and Tori. OK, with Kat they probably wanted to make Chax 2.0 but it didn't work, and him and Tori were just big mismatch. I hated him during Luc's custody storyline but then again I hated all involved. And then it came his obsession with Robbo before and after Kat's death. At the end he was so arrogant that I had to fast forward some of his scenes...going around the Bay searching people's properties and noone stood up to him but Brodie and Tori. I was very happy when he left although I would love to see his face when he finds out Robbo and Tori are having a baby. 

• Like 2