Opening Title Card/Recap Sequence

Guest cadyctslover

What does everyone think of the new 2014 opening?

I was a real fan of the new modern title cards for 2013 that actually featured people (!) so I am pleased to see this successful theme continue this year with a new set of shots.

I also really liked 2013 recap music (especially after the IMO terrible version introduced in 2012), so I was disappointed to see it abandoned after only a year. Although initially unconvinced by the new 2014 recap tune I have come to see it as a good update. There is a strong use of piano throughout which I really like, the rest of the instruments being nicely subdued. It also develops impressively, with good transitions between the different versions depending on the mood of the scenes being shown in the recap.

Although I would really like to see the reintroduction of the theme tune, I'm glad they continue to use a development of the original theme's underscore for recap music.

Archived