Frank Morgan's marriage

Guest Martin

I am pretty good with my Home & away history having watched it from the pilot episode however I am nearly positive that after Frank Morgan left Bobby (and the series) in the early 1990s he went to New York to marry Roo. I also seem to remember that their wedding was mentioned on more than one occasion and later they divorced. I think their wedding or divorce may even have been used as a reason for one of Ray Meagher's exits from the show.

If my memory is correct is this something the writers have forgotten or are unaware of? Or maybe its a false memory in my head? I don't think Roo's marriage has ever been mentioned since her return as Georgie Parker.

After all Roo's carrying on a year or so ago about Harvey not having told her he had been married with a daughter, wouldn't it be hilarious if Frank walked back in one day and Harvey discovered Roo had done exactly the same thing?

This is one of these things I've always wondered about.Frank and Roo definitely left together in the late 80s after he and Bobby broke up, were mentioned as being together and ultimately in New York for about two years afterwards, then it was revealed they'd broken up.But I've never got it clear whether they were married during that period or not:I'm sure I read once that they were but that must be 15-20 years ago now and I haven't heard it mentioned since.Roo did say she was divorced last year(when Celia was making a fuss about Harvey's first marriage, I think)but frustratingly she didn't mention who she was married to.

Archived