Couple Of The Year

Guest JosieTash

WAAAAAAY many thank you to Sandie, Sarah, Red and Romeo&Indi Forever for ALL your SUPERB comments!!!

CHAPTER 11!!!!

Although Ruby is oblivious to Catherine [the young child], Bella spots the girl heading their way. Catherine, a blonde haired girl, gets close enough to FULLY see Rubes, and as soon she does, the youngster MUCHLY runs the other way. Catherine starts crying as she heads back towards her mother, who makes her way rapidly towards her in tears daughter. Jane Whincup [a 35 yo woman with short-ish dark hair who is Catherine's mum] takes the child into her arms and they hug. Jane is VERY keen to find out why her daughter is in tears, and Catherine eagerly obliges by pointing towards the slightly illegal right now Ruby.

The childs cries alert not only her mum, but the rest of the beach goers that something is REALLY going on today. As Jane heads towards the tunnel visioned, looking constantly at her watch or the ocean Ruby, several of the people on the beach [especially the tourists enjoying this sunny day] wolf whistle at the semi naked teen.

Bella sees Jane hand Catherine to the childs dad, before she heads in Rubys direction ..

Bella [loudly] RUBY!!!

But Bella calling out to her housemate and friend, about to imminent arrival of the clearly fired up mother of the child, doesnt work. Rubys still blocking everything else out. Sasha gives her bestie a decently hard punch on the arm and ..

Ruby [surprised voice] Oooooooow !!!! What was that for ???

Moments later, Catherines mum is on the groups doorstep, and Ruby looks up at the woman who is casting a shadow over her. Jane is blocking the sun from going on ALL her body which is annoying Charlies daughter. Ruby clearly sees that the woman standing over her is looking down at her DISDAINLY and ...

Jane [sternly] I dont know who you are, Young Miss, but this is NOT a nudist beach. There are KIDS here, and you look old enough that you should know better.

Ruby, who feels like shes just awoken after a deep sleep, thinks about responding but the woman who just went off at her is already heading back towards her family - especially her daughter Catherine.

Sasha [tentatively] Rubes, I .I I know its only 4 minutes that youve been this way, but it's OK. Youve copped a SERIOUS spray, but Ill go ahead with my part of the bargain. Yeah, you can put your kini top on how if you like.
Ruby [still mostly in shock, as she sees the still slightly teary Catherine now back in her mums arms] No. its only 30 seconds more now. Not long at all. Yep .[looks at her watch] NOW Im done. [Ruby takes her bikini top out of her bag, and quickly puts it on, ensuring her puppies are no longer off the leash] Isnt the ocean just spectacular today?

Sasha, Billy and Bella are a little surprised that Ruby IS acting this calmly, especially since the wolf whistles continue to be directed at the now bikini clad Buckton babe ..

Ruby [as she seriously looks towards those who are wolf whistling at her] I guess I got more noticed that I thought I would. [pause] Take advantage of it, Sash. All those foreign to the Bay boys. Theyll see you in that bikini and TOTALLY forget bout me.

Sasha garners up the courage to stand up and more importantly ditch her dress, so the world can see her for the 1st time on the beach on only a bikini. Its the one that Sasha chose/bought a few days ago at the surf shop, but sounds like the people including a few girls as well as many guys - are STILL interested in Ruby. Indeed, Sashas big bikini debut is a non event as several of the people who were voicing their admiration at Ruby venture over towards the Bayside 4some, to have their photo taken with the topless chick.

Whilst Sasha begins to brood avoiding ALL requests from people for her to take a pic of them with Ruby, Gina exits the surf club. Jett is still taking the occasional pic on his phone. Just of the girls on the beach in bikinis. SOOOOO nothing even CLOSE to being as SUBLIME as those of the topless Ruby, but cos Gina took longer than expected talking to her hubby

Gina [loudly, after calling Jett several times] JETT!!!
Jett [startled, as he finally hears her] What??? I wasnt doing anything wrong.
Gina [puzzled at his response] No one said you were. Now, lets head up to the lighthouse. Before we do, take any REALLY great pics there?
Jett [not wanting to sound in ANY way too excited about the prized pics of Ruby] Nah, pretty average. Just girls ..you know, Im [his voice trails off]
Gina A teenager obsessed by girls . [her voice trails off]

Gina knew this day would come, but what she didnt know that Jett had began to develop some SERIOUS feelings about Ruby, which were MUCHLY accentuated today by seeing her in the undressed state that she was. Jett knows that he is relatively a LOT younger than his next door neighbour. Indeed, he certainly wouldnt mind if Ruby went all cradle snatcher on him, and he LOOOOVES that she is intriguing enough to work at, of all places, an adult store.

As Jett & Gina head for the track on the bottom of Stewarts Point which leads to the lighthouse, Jett thinks about texting to his friends the BEYOND AWESOME pics of Rubes. Yeah, those BRILLIANT photos of Ruby with her boobs TOTALLY on show, but then realises its going to be MUCHLY better for him financially to actually SELL the pics to his no doubt VERY willing to buy friends and classmates.

+++

On the beach, Jane decides that her familys weekend getaway from the city shouldnt be ruined by inconsiderate people like the topless teen she encountered, so she phones the police. Jane speaks to Georgie Watson, and sternly voices her concerns about what has occurred. Soon after, Charlie exits her office, and can see that Georgie is looking like something is bothering her .

Charlie Georgie, whats up? Whatever it is, things DOESNT look good.
Georgie Watson [slightly pensively] Weve had a call. A woman on the beach complained about some .public indecency.
Charlie [worried bout what this COULD mean] My Rubes and her friends were heading to the beach today. Did she & Billy go waaaaaaaaaaaaay too far with the PDAs? .cos last night actually, you DONT want to hear that story.
Georgie It IS your daughter that was complained about but the grievance was about Ruby being .. [her voice trails off]
Charlie [trying to underplay things] Come on. NOTHING can be THAT bad.
Georgie She your daughter Ruby ..she was .topless.
Charlie [shocked, but trying to remain professional] What ?????
Georgie From the sounds of things, shes fully clothed again now.

Charlie can't believe that Ruby could be this, well, STUPID. Especailly in light of having sex fiend Heath Braxton after her. To say nothing of Ruby's behaviuor with Billy last night. It's like, why IS her daughter doing all these FOOLISH things? Maybe Rubes REALLY needs a dose of REALITY ......

Charlie [annoyed] She STILL broke the law. [sternly] I want you to go the beach and ARREST her !!!!

TO BE CONTINUED !!!!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MANY thanks to Sarah, Red, Romeo&Indi Forever and Sandie for ALL your MAGNIFICENT comments!!!

CHAPTER 12!!!!

Sasha is SERIOUSLY at the point of annoyance when the beachgoers who want their pics taken with the now imfamous/famous topless chick Ruby finally abate. Ruby can see that Sasha REALLY isnt enjoying this, especially since this is the most skin Sasha has EVER showed the world. Ruby whispers in Bellas ear and moments later, both Bella & Ruby put on their tank tops and shorts over their bikinis, ensuing the their friend Sasha has the most flesh on show of the trio. However, after another 15 minutes pass without anyone approaching Sasha ..

Sasha [resentful voice] Well, thats it then. Theres NO ONE on this Earth that Im compatible with.

Ruby, upon hearing the comment, cant help but smirk and she even lets out a bit of a giggle .

Sasha [annoyed] Its GREAT that you think this is sooooo funny, bestie.
Ruby [REALLY realising her friends distress] Sorry, Sash its just that ..no, it rally doesnt matter. Ill REALLY sorry things didnt go well today. I thought ..well, you know . [her voice trails off]
Sasha [really beginning to wonder what Ruby was referring to earlier] Im intrigued now, so you HAVE to tell or well, I don't know, you just gotta.
Ruby OK then, I kinda laughed cos of what you said bout compatible. Thats cos Mums been watching one of her FAVE shows from the 80s on one those digital channels.
Bella I sooooo know where this is going. Youre gonna talk bout that REALLY cheesy show.
Ruby [after moving her head slightly, so the blonde mermaid could hear her better] Got it in one. [Ruby switches back to look at her bestie] Anyway, theres an '80s dating show called Perfect Match that Mum just loves. You see, when the contestants choose who they think is their ideal partner, theres a little robot who rates their comparability [Ruby can see that Sasha is clueless AND getting bored at what she is raving on about.] Anyway, REALLY quickly. The robot, its named is DEXTER.

Sasha finally wakes up to what her bestie is saying, and she chuckles a bit ..

Sasha Hey, that actually IS funny.
Ruby Yeah, your brother. He was the Bays own C-3PO.
Sasha [taken by surprise at the reference] Star Wars !! You ???? I know you live with Angels, but ...... [her voice trails off]
Ruby Well ........... [enthusiastically, after a thought about what Sasha said about not being compatible enters her mind] Thats it !!!!!!!!
Sasha [confused] Whats it???

Ruby eagerly looks at her bestie. Shes LOVE to say what shes just thought, but that could lead to SERIOUS trouble, possibly even the breaking of their friendship. You see, Sasha & Ruby only really started hanging out with each other after 1st April [who went to Bathurst to be with Dex and his & Joeys triplets] and then Nicole [with her child Tessa] left town. Sasha & Ruby have been getting on VERY well ......but Ruby knows theres something shes not told Sasha. I mean, how would her new bestie take the news that Rubys b/f isnt REALLY even human ???? .......AND even if Sasha accepts that, could she cope knowing that Ruby told others the like of Nicole straight away about Billy. Rubys MUCHLY concerned bout how things will go IF she tells Sasha everything. She knows that shell always have her sisters, the mermaids, to chat to, but sometimes its just great to talk to a girl whos totally into boys like Rubes is.

Ruby decides, after the failure of her Sasha in a kini plan, to tell her bestie the truth about Billy, so.....

Ruby [tentatively] Sash .......bestie .....Ive.....I've ..........

Ruby, as she looks straight into Sashas eyes, quickly feels her body temperature slightly drop. Theres someone casting a shadow over her again. Naturally, Rubes thinks that its the woman who told her off bout being topless before, but ......

Bella [surprised voice] Constable Watson!!! [as Ruby turns to face the policewoman] Anyway we can assist you, officer ???
Georgie Watson [VERY official tone] Its Ruby Im here to see.

Ruby immediately starts to worry ...... sounds like ........

Georgie [authorative voice] Ruby Buckton, youre under arrest for public indecency.

Ruby almost cant believe it when Georgie unclips a pair of handcuffs from her belt ...... as Ruby thinks to herself that this sooooooooooooooo cant be happening. Surely her own mother wouldnt have ordered THIS to happen. Ruby thinks about taking her chances by running. She should be able to outsprint Georgie especially in the police issue shoes that the Constable is wearing ...... but will she make things worse.

Ruby looks away into the distance, and clearly spots Jane [with Catherine close by] checking out whats going on. Ruby knew this would be risky move, baring her breasts and all, but if it landed Sasha a man, it would have been worth it.

Ruby makes up her mind about taking her chances [again!!!!] by running. She ..............

TO BE CONTINUED !!!!!

MUCHLY thanks to Red, Sarah and pembie for all your LUMINOUS comments!!!

CHAPTER 13!!!!

Ruby, as she stews in the holding cell at Yabby Creek police station, wonders if THIS is just her mums way of totally keeping her in line. Its like the BIGGEST form of being grounded EVER !!!! Shes sure that Charlie will let her go sooner or later. Ruby hopes so anyway, but theres also THAT woman and her tearful young daughter to consider. Maybe Jane will want to totally go ahead with this. Make an example of Ruby for spoiling Catherines innocence. After all, Rubys are most likely the 1st boobs the young girl has seen that ARENT her mothers.

The one GOOD thing about being locked up in here and that its allows Ruby to REALLY think about the idea that she 1st thought of moments before Watson approached her on the beach ..and not that long before Ruby decided to willingly be led away in handcuffs from the beach. Rubes is kinda glad that Charlies not letting ANYONE, not even Sasha or Billy to see her ..as she REALLY wants everything 1000% certain in her brain before she approaches 1st her b/f and then Sasha. Ruby reflects on what Sasha said about not being compatible with anyone on Earth. Rubes realised that if you take that statement VERY literally, then THERE is your answer .

After all, Billy came across the stars to be with Ruby, so what if he contacted his home world, and sussed out if theres another teen [or otherwise] male shape shifter whod LOVE to come to Earth and get together with Sasha? Ruby knows that there are a LOT of ifs in that scenario especially since Billy, whose real [Liagiban] name is Llahnairda, has barely [if ever] contacted home since her arrived on Earth a few years ago. She knows that if her b/f uses his alien tech to contact home, someone a real life Mulder & Scully perhaps could lock onto the signal. The Bay certainly doesnt need the attention, especially after the several-weeks-long snow storm which hit Rubys home town last Summer .which was all thanks to vengeful mermaid Joey Collins, aka Rubes former Stepmom.

+++

In Charlies office, Rubys mum is talking to Jane ..

Charlie I KNOW you have every right to charge the teenager in question, but I was wondering if youd go a bit easy on her. Shes had a tough time of late. Shes been the victim of TWO hostage situations.
Jane Well, WHY is she putting herself in MORE danger then ?.. by letting EVERYONE see her, you knows?
Charlie [trying to stay professional, but trying to defend her daughter] I think young Ruby was trying to regain some control of her life, by not letting the person who attacked her control it.
Jane Shes got a FUNNY way of showing it. AND then theres my daughter to think about. This . Ruby did you call her?
Charlie Yes.
Jane Im trying to teach my Catherine right from wrong and then THIS happens.
Charlie I can ASSURE you that this WONT happen again.
Jane And how exactly are you going to do that? Aside from keeping her in that holding cell, there's not a lot you CAN do. Aside from speaking to her parents. I know that girl is a teen, but its her PARENTS who should be keeping her in line.

Jane sees the, well, beginning to being VERY embarrassed look on Charlies face

Jane What arent you telling me, Sergeant?
Charlie [tentatively] The girl .. Ruby shes .shes MY daughter.
Jane OH !!!!
Charlie As a fellow mum, could you let me deal with Ruby in a less legal way? Shes been through SOOOO much in her life. I .. no, I [her voice trails off]
Jane [as she looks at Charlies name badge] You dont HAVE to tell me, but whatever your daughters been through MIGHT help my opinion of the sitch. Now, what's your 1st name again? I know I heard in before, but I forget. Funny that your 1st name starts with C too, like my Catherine. Your name isnt Catherine, is it?
Charlie No. Its Charlie ..and my daughter and I have been through sooooo much. I know your daughter SHOULDNT have been exposed to such a sight, but . [emotionally] Im URGING you to drop the charges. Yes, my Ruby did the wrong thing, but she DESERVES some leeway after all she been through.
Jane Like what? Whats she been through, aside from these recent attacks?

Charlie thinks long and hard about revealing the messy circumstances which led to Rubys birth. She thinks that she might NEVER see this woman again, but also weighs up the fact that Ruby could be in REAL trouble with the law for exposing herself like she did. Charlie decides to take the plunge, speaking mother to mother, woman to woman, bout whats happened to both Charlie & Ruby .

Jane [slightly emotional, after a little while of letting the Buckton story sink in] Thats such a SAD story youve got there. No wonder youre now married to a WOMAN, even though your 1st .. [her voice trails off]
Charlie Yeah .. the Joey sitch sooooo wasnt fun, but I can honestly say I think that I REALLY have met my soul mate now. I mean, Bianca and I were REALLY good friends before Joey and I went south, so yeah, things have ended up well for me . [serious tone] but not so good for my Ruby. She REALLY deserves a break.

Jane thinks about all the have happened to Charlie and Ruby, along with the psychological trauma her OWN daughter has been through, seeing what a young girl should NEVER see in a public beach

Jane Im going to think ALL of this over, but I cant do it here though. The days getting on now [its late afternoon] so Ill head out of here and give it some thought. Ill have my decision to you within the hour.
Charlie OK. Look forward to hearing from you soon.

With that, Jane exits the office and the station, whilst Charlie HOPES that shes got through to the tourist.

+++

Meanwhile, Jett is someway further up the path to the Stewarts Point lighthouse than Gina, who suggested he should go on ahead of her, but insists that he stops halfway. As Jett waits for Gina at where she indicated, he is MESMERISED as he looks at THOSE photos from the beach today. Being a teen, Jetts already OBSESSED with Ruby and her ample bosom, but these still-quite-unbelievable-that-he-was-even-able-to-take-them photos have revved up his fantasy about getting together with his insanely beautiful next door neighbour.

As Jett ogles the photos taken on his camera phone, he doesnt hear or see Gina approaching .

TO BE CONTINUED !!!!!

MANY thanks to Red, Sarah and pembie for your AMAZING comments!!!

Red Ranger 1, I will say that whilst this [alien plan] is the 1st thought Ruby has about a new b/f for Sasha, it’s not my end game. I’ve got someone even FURTHER out of left field planned.

ALso, looooove your Richard Kimble reference !!!!

See below for what happens to both Jet and Ruby !!!!

CHAPTER 14!!!!

Gina notices that Jett is totally entranced by the photos he is looking at. She can’t believe what she is seeing …… as Jett eagerly looks several times at ALL of the photos of the semi naked Ruby, especially the pics of only her boobs.

Gina [sternly] “JETT JAMES !!!!!!”

Jett only NOW realises his foster mum is beside him. He quickly touches a few of the icons of the screen on his iPhone, so the photos are no longer on show.

Gina [still quite sternly] “What is going on, Jett??? You just can’t, shouldn’t take ….or even LOOK at photos like that. I KNOW you’re a teenage boy, but you just shouldn’t. You should RESPECT women and not look at them like THAT unless, at the very least, they say you can. But I bet Ruby would be SHOCKED to see you doing this. She’s our next door neighbour. Really Jett, explain yourself!!!!!!”

Jett’s mega embarrassed. You sooooooo don’t want a grown up, especially your foster mum catching you looking at pictures of girls like this. Jett’s sooooo flustered that he says the 1st thing that comes into his head ……

Jett [defiantly] “It’s not MY fault to Ruby was on the beach like that. I’m like that photographer who took those pics of Princess Kate topless. She was in a public place, so was Ruby. I’m a teenage boy. Like I EVER wasn’t going to take advantage of a sitch like that. Since I’m TOTALLY straight, it’s hard wired into my DNA. I couldn't help it.”

Gina can actually kinda see Jett’s point, though she thinks it’s a SERIOUS stretch to compare the Ruby and Princess Kate sitches. She DOES know a GREAT answer to the problem though ……

Gina [firmly] “Has ANYONE else seen these …..DISGUSTING photos?”

Jett thinks about responding. Well, responding by saying that there’s NOTHING disgusting about Ruby and her rack, but instead ……

Jett [kinda timidly] “No ……still too in shock that I took them.”

Gina “Good then. Hand me the phone. [authoritively, after she sees that Jett is somewhat reluctant] Hand me the phone or you’re grounded FOREVER.”

As much as he REALLY likes Ruby AND those photos of her, he won’t be able to do anything bout his fascination with the jewel of the Bay if he’s house bound for AGES, so he indeed hands Gina his phone …….

Jett [fiercely] “I’m MUCH better for Ruby. I wouldn’t have let her get attacke ……… “

Jett stops mid sentence ….. as Gina throws his phone into the wild blue yonder!!!!!

The phone lands somewhere amongst the trees and bushes far below where they currently are. [see pic below]

Jett [LOUDLY and spitefully] “I HATE YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Jett starts immediately to run back down the steep-ish pathway. He’s REALLY annoyed at Gina …… but he goes back to walking soon after. Jett is sure that there’s no way he’ll find that phone ever again. He LOOOOVES that the images of the semi naked Ruby are seared into his brain, but without the ability to see those photos whenever he wants, Jett wonders how he’ll EVER see Ruby topless again.

+++

In Yabby Creek, Jane had returned to the police station, and ………

Charlie [shocked, but more than pleased] “You’re not pressing charges. Thank you SOOOO much. If your daughter gets into trouble with the law, I hope someone is as kind as you in the future.”

Jane [foreboding tone] “Don’t go thanking me just yet.”

Charlie’s worried by that response. Who knows who this woman she is speaking to is. For all Charlie knew, she might be the secret head of a big city crime gang, and maybe she wants Ruby to work for her in place of Jane not pressing charges ..........

Charlie [curious tone] “What ……what do you mean?”

Jane [with a distinct knowingness to her voice] “You don’t know who I am. Do you?”

Now Charlie is REALLY starting to be concerned for her daughter’s fate.

Jane [slightly menacing voice] “All I’ll say is, you’ll know soon enough !!!”

With that, Jane exited the station. Charlie immediately requested Georgie to search the police database for clues as to whom this now very mysterious Jane Whincup, whilst Charlie informs the BEYOND eager Ruby of the news. Ruby was ECSTATIC when Charlie unlocked the holding cell door ……

…. and decides that THIS is the best time to speak to Sasha about Billy, which will lead to Rubes revealing her lastest “slightly” out there idea for a b/f for her bestie.

Whilst Ruby heads for home, after phoning Sasha and Billy for them to meet her there, Charlie & Georgie search for info about Jane. Nothing in the police database about Jane being a person of interest or a person ”on the run" or a convicted criminal. However, a Google search by Georgie reveals ……..

TO BE CONTINUED !!!!!

Gina & Jett clashed where the person in the photo is sitting

sydney-52-palmbeach.jpg

MUCHLY thanks Red, Sarah and pembie for your TERRIFIC comments!!!

How cooooool that I surprised you ALL with Gina’s actions.

See below for more about Jane ……and I will say that Jett’s fascination with Ruby and her bod sooooo ISN’T over!!!!! Also, although THAT phone SHOULD be irretrievable [it's soooooo needle in haystack], someone DOES find it!!!

CHAPTER 15!!!!

Charlie & Georgie are looking at Georgie’s computer screen ……and the news is sooooo NOT good ……

Georgie “Of ALL the days that THAT woman could’ve picked to come to our town, she picks the day that your Rubes goes topless!!!!! You …….you know what this means ….. You can see what Jane and her family have done over the years …… AND ………. “

Charlie [kinda cutting in, as the two police officers bounce ideas off each other] “I TOTALLY get what you're saying. She’ll sooooo do her homework, or will have done already ………”

Georgie “Yeah and there’s a LOT of homework she could have done. The snow storm, the River Boys, THAT seemingly unbelievable how ANYONE survived it plane crash …….. “

Charlie “You don’t have to tell me all of this. Man, the “Angels” …..yeah, they’re REALLY gonnna have to lay low if Jane stays aorund ……. “

Georgie “AND Billy. That won’t be so easy with ……. “

Charlie “Yeah, Heath is still out there, but there’s been nothing from him in a few days. Here’s hoping that he’s gone elsewhere to lick his wounds.”

Georgie “Still, I think we should let the local council and the like about this. Maybe even EVERY ONE in the Bay. They need to know what’s ……probably coming.”

Charlie & Georgie once more really look at the screen …. as they try to take in what’s going on. Looks like Ruby exposing herself was noticed by the daughter of the WORST possible person possible. You see, Jane is the latest in a LONG LINE of Whincups who journey the world as travel writers. They’re like those restaurant critics who award the Michelin Stars, and that power has led to the Whincup family [stretching back 10 generations] turning MANY many places that depend on tourism for their survival into GHOST TOWNS !!!!! ……

….. including at least 3 towns around the world already who have been TOTALLY torpedoed by Jane’s comments [since she officially joined the family business 20 yrs ago] alone. In the past it was via newspapers and the family’s website, but these days it’s ALL via Twitter and Facebook.

The “funny” thing, despite the Whincup’s fierce reputation, is that they ALWAYS seem to slip into the towns they comment on without anyone in those places being aware of that they are coming, until its WAAAAAAY too late, just like they did the Bay, so ……Charlie & Georgie are just hoping that Summer Bay and its surrounds aren’t the latest to be turned into a dustbowl!!!!!

+++

Meanwhile, when Ruby gets home ………

Rikki [smiley voice - with a look of not quite admiration, but close] “Heard about what you got up to today.”

Ruby “Thought YOU’D like.”

Rikki “Yeah, bet my Em “might” have a different view. Oh, and although THESE [points to a BIG bunch of flowers] aren’t from me, I think you soooooooooo deserve them. That psycho River Boy is still out there as you go the world your …… well, you know.”

Ruby [channeling Julia Roberts portraying Erin Brockovich] “They’re called boobs, Rikki.”

Rikki smiles at her “sister’s” comment, whilst Ruby looks as the gorgeous arrangement of Aussie natives, just as Billy enters the room – having been in his & Ruby’s bedroom ……

Ruby [as she all but sprints over and hugs Billy] “I soooooooo LOOOVE them. You’re the BEST, Billy.”

Ruby kisses Billy quite passionately …..with Rikki imaging herself doing the same with Emma, who is working at Sexy Tales today with Marilyn. When the pash ends …….

Billy [tentatively] “Rubes ……. as much as I ADORE you, the flowers ….. they aren’t ……. “

Rikki “Sounding like ……… “ [her voice trails off, as she begins to realise the flowers aren’t from the boy who was born on another planet]

Ruby “So ..... if they're not from ………..[she looks at the card] O M G !!!!!!! I can’t believe this. Could this day GET any more ………. “

Ruby SHREIKS in frustration …. AND hurls the flowers at the floor !!!!!

Ruby [annoyed voice] “I’m soooooooo gonna give that boy a BIG piece of my mind. Get it in his head that I’m soooooooooooooo NOT his Juliet !!!!!!!”

Ruby is about to grab her nearby mobile when she sees Sasha arrive at the front door ……

Ruby “Romeo can sooooo wait. [excited voice] Sasha’s here!!!!!”

Sasha “Sorry for ………. “

Ruby [cutting in] “NO need to apol. It’s me who should be saying sorry to you. Putting you out of your comfort zone like that.”

Sasha “I WAS initially …… but I think I quite LIKED being in a bikini towards the end. Wouldn’t mind doing it again. Suggest you don’t show more of yourself though than is legal though. I mean, I sooooo beyond not gay, but I honestly think you’re pretty well …… HOT !!!!”

Ruby [after she hugs her bestie] “You’re AWESOME too. The boys round here, they’re just too STUPID to notice that ....... OR to treat you right.”

Sasha [as Rikki heads for the annexe, seeing that Rubes & co are deep in their own chat now] “You sounded like you have a NEW great plan. I mean ….. tell me that you’re not going to go TOTALLY naked on the beach next time.”

Ruby [after she smirks at the very thought of that, and that fact that thery’re no way the Bay would EVER have a nudist beach] “No. This is MUCHLY all clothes on stuff. Think it’s best if we go to my room.”

Ruby and Sasha indeed go in to Ruby’s bedroom and sit on Rubes’ bed, with Billy waiting in the longue room. Waiting for his g/f to call for him, when she’s told Sasha bout Billy’s UBER mega secret …..

Ruby [as she gently takes Sasha’s left hand in hers] “Now Sash, I’ve thought of ANOTHER great plan for you.”

Sasha “You DO know I was KIDDING bout you going TOTES naked, don’t you?“

Ruby “I know, but ……………”

Ruby tries to gather up the courage to tell her bestie bout Billy. Hoping this isn’t a TOTAL deal breaker tween them …….

Sasha “You can tell me ANYTHING. We’re sooooo besties, you and me.”

Ruby [reassured by Sasha’s comments] “Sash, there’s something you need to know about Billy.”

Sasha [channeling her OWN history] “He doesn’t ….. no, there’s NO WAY that a guy like Billy HITS you …… does he?”

Ruby [surprised at that response] “No way!!!! Billy’s the most AMAZING guy in the universe, and THAT’S what I want to talk about.”

Sasha [with a very curious look on her face] “I ….. I don’t follow.”

Ruby “There’s something about Billy that my mum, Stepmum, the “Angels” and a few others ….. including my previous bestie Nicole know that ……. well, that you don’t.”

Sasha [as she puts her right hand atop Ruby’s] “It’s totes OK. You showed yourself to the WORLD today. Whatever THIS is, it can’t be THAT bad.”

Ruby [after a deep breath] “You’ve ….. you’ve got a BIG soft spot for the 1960s, don’t you? [sasha nods, but she isn’t sure where this is going] And you ADORE The Beatles ???”

Sasha “Yeah. Don’t know where you are going with this, but …. "

Ruby [cutting in, but not harshly] “And your fave of the Fab 4 was John Lennon.”

Sasha [dreamy voice] “Yeah. BEYOND dreamy !!!!”

Ruby takes another deep breath before …..

Ruby [calls out] “BILLY!!!!”

Moments later, Billy enters the room. He stands in the doorway, dressed not in his beach gear like he was when Sasha was in the longue room not long ago but instead in a slightly oversized dark suit, white business shirt and dark tie ….. but his hair is just like Billy’s always is, i.e. nowhere near the mop top way The Beatles did at the total height of their fame in the '60s.

Sasha [curious tone] “OK. Your b/f looks …. well, he’s DRESSED like my IDOL right now.”

Sasha wonders if THIS is maybe ALL about that her bestie’s b/f is TOTALLY “into” Sasha …… OR even that Billy and ESPECIALLY Ruby care sooooo mush for Sasha that Ruby’s prepared to maybe sacrifice her own happiness with Billy to give Billy/Sasha a shot ……

Ruby [after a deep breath, as still not 100% sure of her OWN idea] “Billy ……. [all but whispered] ‘Jazz’.”

Moments later, Billy morphs from his normal teenage self to looking EXACTLY like a mop topped John Lennon!!!!!! …….

….. and Sasha …….

TO BE CONTINUED !!!!!

MANY thanks to Romeo&Indi Forever, Red, Sarah and pembie for your ACE comments!!!

pembie, you’ll have to see about Jane as the fic continues. However, see below all of you about Sasha’s reaction !!!

CHAPTER 16!!!!

….. and Sasha is TOTALLY in shock ……… and her mood is not exactly helped by ,,,,,,,,,,,,

Billy TOTALLY as John Lennon [accent and all] “I hear you’re my BIGGEST fan.”

Sasha [in BEYOND shock] “Wh …….what …….. Rubes, WHAT is going on?”

Ruby “You want the long version, the short version …… or …….. “ [her voice trails off]

Sasha [exasperated] “Just tell me SOMETHING, Ruby. I’m ………… “

Sasha shakes her head and runs her hands through her hair, wondering what on EARTH is going on.

Billy as John Lennon “This probably doesn’t help you, love, but although I sound just like your idol speaking voice wise, I can’t sing like John to save my life. The change, it works in at time weird ways.”

Ruby “Not sure if that’s actually helping right now, Billy my boy. [deep breath] Sasha, bestie, Billy …… he came here from another planet. His species, they ….. well, they …..abducted me. In a GOOD way, mind you …..and Billy’s kinda my reward for helping his people out of a BIG spot of bother.”

Sasha [as ALL of this starts to sink in] “But you said ……….. that LOTS of people, or a fair few people know. Tell me WHO !!!!!”

Ruby [as Billy starts playing one of The Beatles’ CDs on Ruby’s stereo] “On top of who I said earlier, there’s everyone at the caravan park house …… and Shannon Reed. THAT was by accident …..and ….. well, Xave.”

Sasha is shocked to discover that her bestie AND her former b/f kept this MEGA secret … a REAL alien, not just the mermaids who was at least born totally human, amongst them ….. and …….

Sasha [annoyed/frustrated/angry] “Rubes, how could you keep THIS from me!!!! [she stands and DEATH STARES Ruby] We’re SUPPOSED to be besties and you keep the biggest, BIGGEST secret from me. I’ve told you EVERYTHING about my life …….. and you’ve told me about the mermaids but this !!!! And this house, I thought YOU were the one normal person here. I kinda liked that there’s “Angels” here AND that your mum is shacked up with another woman. My TEACHER no less AND that the others here are lesbians ……. Yeah, I’ve GOT to get outta here. Rubes, we are SOOOOOOO over as friends. If I see you again EVER, it will be too soon. GOOD BYE !!!!!!!!!!”

With that, Sasha STORMS out of the room AND the house …….. still kinda not even believing that the one person she could TOTALLY trust in the Bay has kept the BIGGEST secret for her!!!!!

Meanwhile, Ruby TOO is shell shocked. She knew that this COULD/MIGHT happen, but it doesn’t numb the pain of losing a bestie. Rubes knows that she kept Billy’s true identity form Sasha because when she lost April & Nicole as TOTAL face to face, talk to every day besties when they left town, she didn’t want to lose another girl frind that she is very close to [in a platonic way, of course], but now ”maybe” that call WASN’T so good …..and Ruby starts WAAAAAY bawling her eyes out. Billy [after morphing back into his normal teen self, and ditching the Beatles clothes …. leaving him only in his usual girly panties] hugs his girlfriend/soul mate.

Ruby eventually ….after seemingly having cried a river, slowly stops …….and is VERY glad she is in Billy’s safe loving embrace, so after she wipes the last of her tears from her eyes and her cheeks, as hope starts to re-emerge from the darkness !!!!!…..

Ruby “Billy, my darling Billy, this DOESN’T change my grand plan. I sooooooo hurt Sasha, and I HAVE to fix that. We really NEED to find by the BEST man EVER.”

Billy “Rubes, that’s sooooooooo ,……. I almost can’t believe it. You just got TOTALLY ……. “

Ruby [cutting in] “I know, but we OWE Sasha this. We sooooooooo hurt her ……..and now I REALLY need your help ….again.”

Billy “ ANYTHING. Cos of the lack of attitude you’re showing towards, well, the world right now is …………. amazing.”

Ruby “My soulie, you’re kinda the key to EVERYTHING here.”

Billy contemplates what that could actually mean. He & Ruby hadn’t actually discussed Ruby’s plan for Sasha. He just knew/thought that Ruby wanted her bestie ‘ship with Sasha to be stronger, hence showing/telling her bout Billy’s origins, but right now, Billy’s thinking that Ruby might have something ELSE in mind ……. maybe even Billy/Sasha.

Billy [curious tone] “Rubes, where ARE you going with ALL of this?”

Ruby “I want Sasha to have the BEST b/f in the universe, which means ……… “

Billy [cutting in, pre empting what he thinks Ruby is going to say] “But I love YOU, not Sasha.”

Ruby [a tad confused] ”That’s great to know ………. [“wakes up”] Oh, wake up, Australia !!!!! [short pause] Ah, I see what YOU mean. NO, I don’t want to get you & Sash together. BUT you’re on the right track!!!!!”

Billy looks curiously at his g/f, clueless at what she could mean. He knows that he & Ruby are quite “tight” but isn’t sure she’s on about ……..

Ruby [upon seeing the looks of bewilderment] “I’m guessing you want to know my grand plan. [billy nods, still with that sense of bewilderment] Well, you contact home, and we find another wonderful person like YOU for Sasha. We OWE her that much.”

Billy realises that it was relatively logical that Ruby was inferring this all along, but it’s still an [pun maybe intended] out there plan and ……. there are other BIG issues with it ………….

Ruby [as she looks lovingly at her worried looking b/f] “What’s up? It’s just the BEST plan. You’re the most AWESOME guy that I’ve EVER known. So gentle, so kind, so protective. Sasha should have that.”

Billy [not WANTING to kill his gilfrined’s enthusiam, but ….. NEEDING to set her straight] “Rubes, you DO remember the sitch back home? Only another TWELVE people like me, and not all of them male.”

Ruby realises what Billy said is true ……. and she remembers that Billy was by far the youngest of the handful of Liagiba who can shape shift. She even slowly begins to recall that all the others that CAN morph were DEEP in ‘ships …..and that couples on Drahnrae tend to be together for LIFE!!!!!!!

Ruby starts crying once more, and Billy does his best to comfort her. Hugging Rubes and softly kissing her onto the cheek and on the lips. Ruby is beside herself, as the GREAT idea for her bestie is in ruins. Sounds like maybe now they won’t EVER be BFF’s again, which Ruby really doesn’t think she can bare. She & Sasha are sooooo good together. Sure, Sasha has had a WOEFUL run with men, but it’s GREAT that Ruby has always been there for her friend. Encouraging her at the possibility of a new love, and picking up the pieces when things go south …… and although Ruby & Billy are rock solid, it’s always good to talk to Sasha about Bilby. Too bad that that’s not going to happen again, now Ruby’s not on Earth plan has failed …………. but something occurs to Charlie’s at times very stubborn, quite tenacious, daring daughter …….

Ruby [still slightly in tears, but mostly excitedly] “I’ve got it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Billy [surprised] “Got what?”

Ruby [excitedly] “A new, improved MUCH better plan for Sasha !!!!! Not quite as out of this world, but close. Billy, I soooooooooo STILL waaaaaaaaaaaay need your help.”

TO BE CONTINUED !!!!!

WAAAAAAY thanks Sarah, Red and Romeo&Indi Forever for ALL your TREMENDOUS comments!!!

CHAPTER 17!!!!

Ruby & Billy are sitting on his bed. Ruby’s just told her boyfriend/soul mate her latest idea for Sasha. They are hand in hand, with Ruby’s right hand on top …….

Ruby [deeply nervous, but also a bit giddy with anticipation] “So, what do you think of my plan?”

Billy “Well ………… “ [his voices trails off, as he is still taking in Ruby’s even more audacious idea, but IS loving her enthusiasm]

Ruby “Is there ANY way at ALL that this could work?”

Billy [weighing up on the possible variables, and there’s millions of them] “Maybe …….. BUT ………. “

Ruby [not so alarmed by the B word this time] “If there’s a chance, we HAVE to do this. After what I did to Sasha, she deserves NOTHING less than EVERYTHING we’ve got.”

Billy [going through everything in his mind] “Well then, let’s get this TOTALLY straight. We’re only gonna get ONE shot at this. When I came here to your world, there is just enough energy left in my ID card for, well, not too much. Yeah, most of its power was drained getting me here AND uploading my human persona’s details onto the appropriate databases, so it looked like I've been on EARTH my WHOLE life.”

Ruby takes all that in. She realises exactly what Billy is saying. Sounds like, no, forget about sound like, there WON’T be a 2nd chance. ALL of their calculations will have to be SPOT ON and, despite the all the preciseness that will have to be involved, there’s one thing that Billy & Ruby will just have to, well, hope they can predict ………

Ruby “Looks like you and me are going to ask some people some serious questions, or ……….. “

Billy [finishing her sentence] “Maybe, since I’m a guy, I should begin to make the calculations here …..before you give me the final target point.”

Ruby “Good idea. Yeah, I bet the likes of Mr. Stewart especially “might” feel a little edgy talking to you about such things ….. but they’ll just think I’m in my usual Ruby ADORES-boys, men, whatever mode.”

Billy “I LOOOOOOOOOVE that you’re sooooooo caring.”

Ruby “And I LOOOOOVE that you’re not only sooooo caring, but are out of this world enough to help my pull off this …..out there plan.”

Billy “I know what Sasha means to you AND I know that EVERYONE should have a special someone in the universe just for them.”

Ruby “Billy, I could just soooooooooooo kiss you ALL OVER …….but right now, I need to find someone for Sasha.”

Billy [with a gleam in his eye] “There’s always tonight.”

Ruby [mocking voice] “But what will Mother say?”

Billy & Ruby both smile and softly kiss on the lips, before Ruby heads out of her quest, and Billy starts setting up his ID card to prepare it for its vital task. This is the card that bought him to Earth. Sure, the calculations the scientists on Drahnrae were slightly off and he landed in the ocean and then couldn’t initially remember who he was, but in many ways, that sitch only HELPED the bond tween Ruby & Billy get stronger. Yeah, before they truly became a couple. Billy knows it should take Ruby a while to find out all the info she needs, which will waaaaaay allow time for him to make the primary calculations he needs to.

+++

Elsewhere in the Bay, Indi & Romeo are at home. They are thinking about the flowers that have been delivered to Ruby today. Wondering what kind of reaction they will get. Who knows, Ruby in the past has been quite fickle. MAYBE these flowers, along with Romeo recently kissing her might be enough to sway her. Make her dump Billy, or at the very least, cause issues tween them. Indi is quite eager when she hears a knock on the door. She gets off the couch, with Romeo in tow, and gets to the front door - which is shut and locked, thanks to Heath being around. Everyone knows that Ruby is his prime target, but it’s better to be safe than sorry when it comes to a mad man like THAT River Boy …….

Indi “Who is it?”

Romeo “Maybe we should have looked out through the curtains?”

Indi “I’m NOT gonnna live in fear. Besides, would a psycho KNOCK 1st, and then kill us? I don’t think so.”

Indi takes the plunge and opens the door, and Romeo and Indi are a LITTLE surprised to see the flowers that he sent Ruby are now on their doorstep. Maybe, just maybe, the florist got it sooooo wrong, but a more in depth look at the arrangement make them realise they’ve been battered “just a bit” ………and then …………….

Rikki [loudly but not in sight] “Thought you should have these back, with a LITTLE something extra.”

Rikki uses her powers, on a pretty low setting, and the flowers ignite with a small fire !!!!!

Indi [annoyed] “Rikki, are you INSANE ????”

Romeo “You’re destroying other people’s property!!!!!”

Rikki, with her right arm still muchly out stretched and her powers active, comes into view from just around the corner of the house where she was ……

Rikki “Can’t see how. Those are RUBY’S flowers, and if she had what I’VE got, I BET she would have destroyed them.”

Indi [as Romeo stamps out the small fire by stomping on it with his shoes clad feet] “RIKKI !!!! One of these days. Your powers, no, your NATURE is gonna get you in soooooooooooo much trouble!!!!”

Rikki [defiantly, as Romeo stomps out the last of the fire] “My nature AND my powers will ALWAYS protect the ones I love.”

Romeo [sternly] “LADIES !!! Can we NOT do this???”

Rikki [fiercely] “The two of you. Just STAY AWAY from Billy & Ruby ….. or ELSE !!!!!!”

Rikki swiftly heads for her car, leaving behind a more then slightly on edge Indi. Romeo isn’t quite as concerned, but he still IS worried what could happen if Indi and Ruby clash ……which could lead to more intervention by the mermaids.

+++

Meanwhile, an all but out of breath Ruby enters the diner. She’s been searching high & low for someone and …….

Ruby [excitedly] “PERECT!!!! I FINALLY found you. [she goes over to the person she has been looking for since she left her house earlier] Now Mr. Stewart, could you do me the BIGGEST favour?”

Alf [who is enjoying a coffee with Roo] “Sure. What is it, love?”

Ruby [excitedly] “And hey, Roo, you can help with this too?”

Alf [curious tone] “This is sounding serious.”

Ruby “Both of you have been around FOREVER, and …………….. “ [her voice slightly trails off]

Roo [slightly annoyed] “Way to make us feel ANCIENT.”

Alf [starting to get annoyed] “Stone the flamin’ crows, Ruby !!!! What ARE you on about?”

Ruby “You’re totally PERFECT for what I need to know. [deep breath, with the future of her friendship with Sasha on the line] Who’s the BEST, most AMAZING teenage boy who’s EVER lived in the Bay ????”

TO BE CONTINUED !!!!!

MANY thanks Sarah, Red, Romeo&Indi Forever and pembie for ALL your MARVELLOUS comments!!!

I will admit the Bilby’s plan for Sasha is VERY out there !!!!!! but that’s what makes this fic sooooooo fun to write !!!

CHAPTER 18!!!!

Ruby returns home after a VERY long day. There’s barely a light on in the house, as she looks back on the last 12 hours ……..where Ruby’s been topless on a public beach; was arrested for being so; busted up with her best friend AND has been chatting to LOTS of people about the greatest teenage boy who’s, in living memory, been in the Bay.

Ruby looks at her watch. It’s approaching 10pm and ……..

Charlie [annoyed, emerging from the kitchen – where she was waiting up for her daughter] “DO you KNOW what time it is? AND how much trouble you caused today?”

Ruby [surprised] “MUM !!! ………. Didn’t realise you’d ………. “

Charlie [cutting in, still quite annoyed] “Still be up. I’d rather not be, but do you KNOW who that woman you offended is?”

Ruby [definatly] “Some PRUDE who …….. I only had my BOOBS on show. It’s not like I showed the world EVERYTHING.”

Charlie [sarcastically] “Well, that’s OK then. [calmer] Honestly Rubes, that woman had EVERY right to charge you, but ……. “ [her voice trails off]

Ruby realises that this is more than JUST anger about public indecency …………

Ruby [worried voice] “What ……what is it, Mum?”

Charlie “I spoke to John Palmer soon after you left the station.”

Ruby “Why ….why would need to speak to him?

Charlie “He IS our local councillor. He needs to know what’s ……………….”

Charlie, as much as she annoyed at Ruby for starting all of this, bites her tongue. She’s not keen to tell Ruby that her actions MIGHT be the beginning of the end of Summer Bay ……….

Ruby “I’m a BIG girl now. You can tell me.”

Charlie [after she sighs] “Take a look …… look at the computer screen.”

Ruby indeed taps the nearby keyboard, and cos it’s been at least ½ an hour since Charlie had touched the computer, it is locked [on Charlie’s profile] ….…..

Ruby [as she sees Charlie move in her direction] “Like I don’t know your password.”

Charlie “Think so, do you?”

Ruby [cheeky voice] “Know so.”

Ruby types in her mum’s password and ………. gets the ACCESS DENIED message.

Charlie [rather knowingly] “See, you don’t know everything.”

Bianca [as she enters the room] “Glad you’re home, Rubes. Bet I know my Charlie Brown’s password.”

Charlie “And no, I haven’t told her yet. I only made the change when I got home from work today …… cos of all that’s happened.”

Bianca “Bet I still know. [especially sultry voice] I know EVERYTHING bout you, Charlie Brown. Just like you know EVERYTHING bout me.”

Bianca gets to beside the computer, where Ruby & Charlie are. Bianca kisses and nibbles on Charlie’s left ear lobe. She then types in a password …….…. and the Whincup family’s travel blog site comes up …..

Charlie [slightly surprised] “You really DO know me!!!! I swear I didn't tell her.”

Bianca “I LOVE you, Charlie. You’re my wife. My ……. BEYOND everything.”

Ruby [after Charlie & Bianca softly kiss] “It’s late, guys. Your bedroom. It ain't THAT far away.”

Charlie “Gonna take you up on that. [bianca looks VERY pleased when she hears that] But Rubes, look at that site. Look what these people YOU offended have done over the years. With the Bay’s history, we MIGHT be …….. I’m just worried.”

Ruby [beginning to heed Charlie’s caution] “OK. Will scope it out. I take it Billy’s …………..”

Charlie [cutting in softly] “Yep. He’s asleep. Whatever you two are up to, his mind was sooooo elsewhere during dinner AND all of tonight.”

Ruby “Thanks …… and you two …………. “ [her voice trails off]

Bianca [cheeky voice] “I’ll TRY not to be too loud.”

Ruby [mockingly annoyed voice] “STEPMUM !!!!”

Chanca head to their bedroom, whilst Ruby looks at the website. Yes. There are many GLOWING reviews of city and towns ……and the databases indeed stretched back many generations, but the site DOES also include SCATHING reviews – AND subsequent pictures of such places as what they are now, GHOST TOWNS !!!!!

Given ALL that’s happened today, Ruby HOPES the Bay doesn’t become the latest victim of the Whincup’s, especially since, so far, the plan to get Sasha a b/f has been a BIG failure. HOWEVER, at least her efforts in talking to Alf, Leah, Irene, Marilyn, Roo and the like have helped. Indeed, all their suggestions have led her to narrowing her thoughts down to 2 VERY real possibilities. She’ll talk to Billy bout them morrow morning AND Ruby must admit, it WAS funny when Alf was suggesting – rather modesty – then his teenage self was quite a catch back in the day !!!!!!

+++

Next morning, Ruby & Billy are both awake rather early. Ruby 1st and she woke Billy in anticipation to tell him her ideas for a new boyfriend for Sasha. They are both on Ruby’s bed. Seems very appropriate that they are both still ONLY in the skimpy, frilly underwear they slept in ……

Billy “Rubes, you sound VERY excited, but I’m telling you ……. this won’t be a quick process. Could take MONTHS making the calculations to time travel someone here. [Ruby looks at him curiously] Well, let’s just say ……this ain't like dusting crops, boy.”

Ruby [cautiously, after she smiles] “But you think you’ll be able to sort this ALL of this out?”

Billy [assuredly] “DEFINIETELY. [optimistically, after a short pause] But you think you’ve seriously got your side of things nailed down?”

Ruby [excitedly] “Last night, there were TWO absolute stand outs from talking to people. One is like a mirror image of Sasha. I THINK they’d be AMAZING together, but ……. [her voice trails off]

Billy [curiously] “But ……. what ????”

Ruby “The boy ……..his name is Edward Dunglass. A TOTAL Goth. Would have been PERF, but…….. [once more, her voice trails off]

Billy [with an inquisitive look on his face] “First of all, perf ???”

Ruby “Perfect. You know, from that TV show version of 70s novel PUBERTY BLUES.”

Billy [as he smiles] “Yeah, you DID kinda get addicted. Like, how many times have you watched the eps on DVD now???”

Ruby “How could I not? Debbie & Sue were sooooo brave. Upsetting the status quo. Sooooooooo BEYOND glad that boys these days AREN’T Neanderthals like the ones back then …… well, for the most part.”

Billy [looking to guide the conversation back on track] “This Edward guy. Yeah, he sounds GREAT for Sasha.”

Ruby “Small problem ………….hereditary Huntington’s Disease ……… died early this century. Friend of Gypsy’s.”

Billy “WAAAAY rules him out then, but ……..you hinted at someone else.”

Ruby looks pensive. The other guy from the Bay’s past that she thought would be GREAT for Sasha is also DEAD but, unlike the Edward Dunglass sitch, the other boy’s circumstances could be to their advantage. Ruby thinks about the stories she was told about this other RASCAL of a boy who lost his life in a car accident ……….. which occurred just days after the love of this particular boy’s life had died in his arms on the beach.

Ruby [after a deep breath] “The boy, the one I’m talking about. His name is …… Blake Dean.”

TO BE CONTINUED !!!!!

MANY thanks Romeo&Indi Forever, Red, pembie and Sarah for your MAGNIFICENT comments!!!

Hope you ALL had an AWESOME Christmas and have a FANTASTIC New Year !!!!

CHAPTER 19!!!!

Ruby has just told Billy why she thinks that Blake & Sasha would a GREAT pairing; some of the details about Blake’s death AND how ALL of this should lead to Ruby & Sasha becoming friends again, and …….

Billy “So, when’s the best time to set the co ordinates for?”

Ruby “Will have to be April 4 or 5, 1992 ………. since ….. “ [her voice trails off]

Billy [after he sighs] “Musta been hard for Mr. Stewart and the like.”

Ruby “Yeah, ESPECIALLY on Meg’s mum. Losing her child AND the love of that child's life in such a short time. Blake and Julia got quite close. Well, as close as a boy and his girlfriend’s mother can get. You know what I mean.”

Billy [after nodding in understanding of what Ruby said bout Blake & Julia] “The car accident. You said that the police thought it was ……… “ [his voice trails off, not wanting to finish that sentence]

Ruby [a little hesistantly] “Yeah. Sounds like Blake seemed to lose the will to live after Meg …… and that’s why he had the accident on April 6. [passionately] He sooooo deserved more out of life. Yeah, Mr. Stewart told me that Blake was AMAZING with Meg. We should DEFINITEY try this. He deserves more happiness, and Sasha BEYOND deserves someone like him.”

Billy [cautiously] “What about …….. everyone else? Won’t it be weird for the guy’s family, including Mr. Stewart? AND what about Blake himself?”

Ruby “I KNOW this is VERY big, but I SERIOUSLY think the ends WILL justify the means.”

Billy “You’re saying all the weirdness will be worth it if Sasha & Blake live happily ever after.”

Ruby [confidently] “DEFINITELY. After all, you came across the stars for me, so what’s a little time travel to bring two people together.”

Billy [after he smiles] “If you put if that way.”

Ruby hugs Billy and he gives her a kiss on the cheek ……. but as they do so, Billy still isn’t 100% sure that they’ll be able to totally “lock down” the calculations to bring the 1990s boy into our time.

+++

Soon after, Ruby [in her pink trimmed, light blue nightdress] enters the longue room. Emma is at the table, munching on her cereal. Out of the corner of her eye, Ruby notices that the computer is on. Moments later, Charlie enters the room. She’s just been in the shower – “dressed” in only a towel, with another one wrapped turban style atop her head.

Charlie “Great that you’re up. I know you’ll want the shower VERY soon and get ready for work with Bella today, but you “might” want to look at the computer. I’m worried, but Em and the others think I’m a bit ……… “

Emma [slightly cutting in] “Your caution IS logical, but there’s NO WAY that this town is going down. If there’s a fight, the Bay WON’T lose. I won’t let it.”

Charlie “I’ll hold you to that.”

Rather than accessing the computer via Charlie’s profile, Ruby does so with her own …….

Charlie [despondently] “In case you hadn’t guessed, look for the Whincup’s site.”

Ruby quickly types in the web address …….. and reads in silent HORROR the VERY scathing review of Jane’s time in the Bay. Ruby defiantly smirks a little when Jane “spoke” of their encounter on the beach, which Jane insisted is just ANOTHER example of how indecent and lawless and strange the Bay is. The review also mentions many intriguing/bad things that have happened lately ………………..

Ruby [annoyed/frustrated] “Hey, she can’t blame US for those STUPID River Boys. The MOMENT they started causing trouble in this town, Charlie you and Georgie and the rest of the police were onto them. Trying to arrest them …….and she can’t …… people like Dex & April and the like are going to leave town every so oft. It’s not like there’s been an exodus from the Bay ……. and …….”

Charlie [cutting in] “Yep, I’m as frustrated as you are, Rubes, but I AM very worried. I like this town. I REALLY like it. After all, wouldn’t have met my beloved Bianca if we didn’t come here.”

Emma [frustrated, but as civil as possible] “The snow storm. I just WISH Joey hadn’t.”

Charlie looks at Ruby, who’s starting to softy cry …..

Charlie [as reassured as she can be] “Will be OK. You’ll see.”

Ruby [amongst her tears] “I don’t know. You’ve seen what that Whincup fam has done. God, looks like my stunt has …….it’s like the tip that’s highlighted the REST of the iceberg. AND that plan didn’t even work. Sasha STILL doesn’t have a b/f. Wonder if …………… “ [her voice trails off]

Emma [as Charlie hugs Ruby] “Wonder what, Rubes?”

Ruby [as she continues to be in her mum’s embrace] “No, I won’t say it.”

Ruby was thinking that maybe if she leaves town AND lets Jane know ……so the Bay won’t have to pay for Ruby’s brazenness.

Charlie “Whatever you’re thinkin', my girl, I’m ALWAYS on your side ……well, you know what I mean.”

Ruby [as her tears ease, with Charlie’s support ringing gladly in her ears] “Well, I better head for the shower. Hope work’s a GREAT distraction from ALL of this.”

With that, Ruby heads out of the room, whilst Charlie TRIES to remain uber optimistic bout this sitch.

+++

Later that day, it’s around 12.30pm and Charlie is having her lunch near the surf cub. As she looks out onto the ocean, someone approaches …….

Angelo [annoyed voice] “What have you got to say for yourself?”

Charlie [playing innocent, just in case this isn’t a tirade bout what she thinks it is] “What’s up, Angelo?”

Angelo [maintaining the rage] “You and your lot. Have you seen the review on THAT travel site? Bet you have. I’ve ALREADY had a downturn in customers today ……and it’s ALL cos of YOU and the others at your place. You’re all FREAKS !!!!!!!!”

TO BE CONTINUED !!!!!

MUCHLY thanks to Romeo&Indi Forever, Red, pembie and Sarah for your WONDERFUL comments!!!

Btw, Jane Whincup is named after Jamie Whincup, another motor racing driver [from Aussie V8Supercars] I “slightly” don’t like. This continues a tradition of this kind of thing in my fics. In “Ruin”, a character named after Denny Hemlin [NASCAR driver] was bullying Dex, whilst there's a person called Kyle [in "honour" of NASCAR driver Kyle Busch] who went literally all Neanderthal on Sasha in “Cold Summer”.

WARNING – there’s some “slightly” BAD language and the like in this chapter !!!

CHAPTER 20!!!!!

Charlie [surprised/slightly angry] “I BEG your pardon???”

Angelo [fiercely] “You heard me. [he sees the slightly bewildered look on her face] Let’s start with you and that GAL PAL of yours. Then there’s those “ANGELS” who are LEZZO’S like you. Charlie, you let your daughter prance about NAKED in public ……and let her BOYFRIEND sleep in HER room with her. It’s like your house in one big den of DEBAUCHERY these days ……... AND there’s just SOMETHING about Billy. I can’t put my finger on it, but he’s just as WEIRD as the rest of you.”

Charlie is rather taken aback by all of that, especially Angelo’s opinion of her ‘ship with Bianca. She in no way thought that Angelo was anti-gay. Charlie also thinks that she could “return fire” with some of Angelo’s woeful past, but thinks better of it. The police Sergeant, who had finished her lunch moments before Angelo arrived, stands up and starts to walk away. Angelo, however, blocks her path. He’s right in front of Charlie, and accentuates the point of not wanting her to get away by firmly grabbing BOTH her shoulders ………

Angelo [sternly] “Where are you going?”

Charlie [authoritative voice, as she is taken aback by his actions] “SUGGEST you take your hands off me. I had Ruby ARRESTED yesterday for her INDECENTNESS, and right now, you’re manhandling an officer of the law. ESPECIALLY one who’s got work to do AND one who doesn’t want to say or do anything she’ll regret.”

Angelo [sternly] “Like almost getting my girlfriend KILLED !!!!!!”

Charlie’s getting slightly annoyed now, but she knows she’s in uniform; has had countless verbal jibes thrown at her over the years AND it also helps that she shares a house with ice queen Emma, so Charlie merely looks at Angelo inquisitively ……

Angelo [not letting up with this tirade, and STILL with his hands gripping her shoulders] “Putting her in the firing line of not ONLY the River Boys, but RIKKI as well.”

Charlie [commanding voice] “First of all, I WON’T tell you again. REMOVE your hands from my shoulders.”

Angelo does so this time, not wanting to be arrested like Ruby was …….

Charlie “About the Gypsy sitch, the whole town was on my back to catch those vile River Boys, and rightly so too, so I went with the BEST option I had. Besides, if Gyps had have said no at ANY point, I would have backed off straight away. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’ve gotta catch that low life Braxton who escaped.”

Angelo [as Charlie recommences walking away] “Yeah, you lot did SOOOO well with him. He goes to prison and then STILL gets away.”

Charlie keeps walking. She’d loved to have a rational conversation with Angelo bout this, but she can’t see it happening right now. Angelo sees her get into her patrol car and drive off. He knows that just needed SOMEONE to vent at, and that Charlie was the 1st one in the firing line. Angelo, however, hopes that the Whincup review doesn’t “sink” his restaurant AND the Bay.

+++

Up the road from the surf club, amongst the trees and bush land at the foot of Stewart’s Point, Heath is wandering about. He’s not only deep in thought about his next [hopefully successful] attempt to kidnap Ruby, but he’s also pleased that where he is seems to be in the ultimate hiding spot from the police. As Heath walks about amongst the trees, he sees something unexpected amongst all this bush land - a mobile phone. Seems very weird that it’s here, but, out of shear curiosity, Heath picks it up. It’s bound to not working, but he gives it a shot and …… LITERALLY big shock, it IS still operational. Heath doesn’t care that someone seems to have TOTALLY abandoned a perfectly good phone, especially when its’ wallpaper is a pic of his nemesis. A close up of Ruby’s face to be precise. Yeah, the girl he’d LOVE to kidnap and do sooooo much more to. To finish what he started when he was robbing the house of the local top cop.

Further inspection of some of the mobile’s various menus leads to the discovery that it belongs/belonged to Jett James. Jett who lives next door to Ruby, and who “perhaps” has a crush on the teen that Heath BEYOND wants to defile. The oldest still alive Braxton who was part of the River Boys eagerly looks through all of the phone’s menus, looking for something to maybe give him an edge over Ruby and her pseudo bodyguards - THAT boyfriend and her “sisters”. Heath notes that the texts and the like in the phone’s memory aren’t THAT old, so Jett must have lost this phone VERY recently. There’s nothing amongst the call logs or text messages that have ANYTHING to do with Ruby, so Heath accesses the pics. Makes sense to, since Jett has THAT photo of Ruby as his wallpaper. The River Boy can’t believe it when he sees the photos of the behaviour that got Ruby arrested - including several which clearly indicate that there was quite a big crowd on the beach when Ruby revealed some of her private parts to the world ……..

Heath [angry] “That little SLUT !!!! She gets offended when I TOUCH her, yet she shows EVERY man and his dog her TITS !!!!!”

Heath is REALLY annoyed that Ruby could be so BRAZEN, given what he has in mind for her. It’s like, by revealing her body to everyone, she’s TOTALLY laughing off the threat of Heath attacking her ……………….

Heath [vengeful voice] “Right, that’s it. Buckton, you are sooooooooo gonna pay for this.”

Heath realises more than ever that the key to COMPLETELY “having his way” with Ruby is to get her on her own. Her “bodyguards“ seem to be always there these days, but Heath wonders if he can lure his nemesis away from them if he uses Jett’s phone to send a text message to meet her at a secluded spot. The eldest of the living Braxton brothers also thinks of alliance, and because there’s no River Boys around, he decides the best option is to approach Indi. She seems to HATE Ruby as much as he does, so Heath – with the mobile in hand and THOSE topless pics of Ruby SEARED into his brain - sets off to find Indi.

+++

Speaking of whom, Romeo’s wife has just returned home to the farmhouse. She's surprised to see that Sasha is not only sprawled out on the couch, but is watching one of the HARRY POTTER films. This is sooooooooooo not usually Sasha’s “thing”....... AND it’s clear that Indi's half sister has been crying, so ………

Indi [cautiously] “Sasha ……why …..why are you watching a film that I KNOW you don’t like?”

Sasha [angrily, as she sits up] “Because I miss Dex, OK …...…. AND cos Ruby’s a secretive little BITCH !!!!!!!”

As angry as Sasha sounds, Indi MUCHLY takes the comment as a positive - in that it sounds like Ruby & Sasha’s previously rock solid besties ‘ship has “gone south”. Indi can’t help herself. She oh so briefly smiles!!!!!

TO BE CONTINUED !!!!!

Archived