Couple Of The Year

Guest JosieTash

MUCHLY thanks to Red, Sarah and pembie for ALL your LUMINOUS comments!!!

Just letting you know that this fic is coming TOWARDS to an end!!!!!

Oh, and I’ve added a pic of Indi’s axe to the previous chapter!!!!!!

CHAPTER 61!!!!!

Sasha knows that her dad doesn’t deserve having 2 of his children in all kinds of physical trouble …….so she, whilst Indi continue to be fixated on Ruby, decides to SIDESWIPE her sister, rather than go for a full frontal attack. Sasha knows that Indi could still suffer head injuries but it’s the best she can do in her current animalistic state.

Sasha gets to be real close to where Indi is, charging STRAIGHT towards the tunnel visioned Indi …….but at the last second, with Indi mid back swing with THAT axe, Sasha makes a VERY quick turn to her left !!!!!!!

The side of Sasha’s very svelte cheetah body CANNONS into Indi’s legs!!!!!

Indi stumbles forwards …..she’s TOTALLY in shock …….she was SOOOOO consumed by ending Ruby that she was no longer factoring Sasha into the equation, ESPECAILLY since they are family !!!!!!

Indi, as she starts to fall, throws the weighty axe. It seems soooooooooo much heavier now …..since the trance like state she was in has dissipated. Indi was hoping that Ruby would somehow still be affected, but the axe lands nowhere near Ruby.

Sasha hopes, despite what her sister has done that she isn’t too injured. She sees Indi hit the ground ……….

and is VERY pleased that Indi didn’t hit her head !!!!!! ……..but she knows that Indi might now try to escape using her magic again!!!!! Sasha quickly makes the short journey to where Indi landed. It’s just a few short strides for cheetah Sasha. She FIRMLY puts both of her front paws on Indi’s stomach, pressing Indi's back to the ground ……….and sees that, even without hitting her head in the fall, Indi still quite “out of it”. It’s like, Sasha can sense that Indi can’t believe that she has FAILED in her primary mission. Sure, the town is partly now in ruin, but Ruby is VERY muchly still alive ………

and NOW moving about!!!!!!

Ruby was released from Indi’s spell the moment she lost concentration when Sasha sideswiped her!!!!

Ruby [grateful voice, as she walks over to where Sasha & Indi are] “Thank you soooooooooooo much, Sash. I swear I WILL do all I can to help you ….adjust ….adn live your new life.”

Ruby thinks about bad mouthing Indi, or even literally kicking her when she’s down, but it sooooooooo looks like Sasha’s got a FIRM grip on Ruby’s enemy …….

Ruby “Sash, I haven’t got me mobile on me. Musta dropped in somewhere at the hospital whilst dodging debris. Anyway, think you should……………………… “

Sasha ROARS louder that she ever has before. It’s music to Ruby’s ears, as she was about to suggest that Sasha should do just that, whilst Indi has the MOST annoyed look on her face. She KNOWS that it’s Sasha who has her pinned down ….and who knows what will happen now? After all, Indi turned a certain River Boy into a TOTAL mega monster …..and she knows what damage he did …..especially to place like the hospital, where her DAD of all people works.

+++

Whilst Ruby & Sasha ensure that Indi doesn’t escape their clutches, Billy & Bella BOTH hear Sasha’s far away cry. Bella with her advanced mermaid hearing and Billy because he was the one who changed Ruby & Sasha ……

Billy [to the 5 mermaids AND to Charlie, who has just arrived at where Heathzilla was defeated] “Charlie, I’ve just heard a CRY from Sasha. She’s where RUBY is. I just know it.”

Charlie [worried voice] “Where is she? I know she was at the hospital, but it’s now ……………..”

Billy [cutting in] “She’s not there.”

Bella “You're gonna say the two of them are in Mangrove River, aren’t you?”

Billy “Spot on.”

Charlie [after Rikki smirks] “What’s so funny?”

Billy “Hadn’t had a chance to mention it to you, but right now, your daughter and Sash are ......cheetahs.”

Charlie [after she tries to deal with that idea] “Your powers. Billy, you NEVER cease to amaze me ……and hey, I have an idea.”

Billy [slightly sternly] “I REALLY want to hear it, but right now, I NEED to be where Sasha & Rubes are. After all, I only ACTUALLY heard Sasha. What bout you, Bella?”

Bella “I heard A cry, but not sure who form.”

Billy “OK then. I better quickly make my way there. Think I’ll take to the air again.”

Charlie “Yep, definitely go for it.”

Charlie and the mermaids see Billy, their friend and Ruby’s awesome b/f , morph into a kookaburra ……..and take off, before ……

Emma “Hey April, I know that you’ve waaaaaaaaay used your powers already, but how about coming with us to do the BEST thing you can as an “Angel”.”

April [with a slight sense of nervousness about her voice] “You mean actually swimming. Don’t you?”

Cleo “Hey, I KNOW that you can swim normally. You’re not like me …..who couldn’t …..as a human.”

April “I guess it’s cos ALL of this as soooooooo new to me. The way I got my powers, my tail. Heck, I’ve not even SEEN my tail.”

Bella “Let’s change that then. [short pause] Charlie, you’re OK here ….with …..what remains of you know who.”

Charlie [with the barest hint of unease] “Yep. Heath BRAXTON ……no problems.”

None of the mermaids pick up on the unease in Charlie’s voice. Unease that has NOTHNG to do with a dead River Boy. Charlie’s thinking about her next move ……….to do with Joey and Bianca …….

+++

As Charlie delves into her continuing emotional crisis, Rikki, Emma, Cleo, Bella and the Bay’s newest mermaid quickly make their way to just beyond the rock pool ,………….

April “I guess you guys have always told us locals where you swim from …but to actually BE here, and about to BE swimming with you. Just such an honour and …….sooooooooooooooo excited now.”

Rikki [happy voice] “Cleo, she’s babbling more than you. She’s doing well.”

Cleo smiles, as does April before ……..

April “Gonna feel weird jumping into the water fully clothed.”

Emma “You could strip down to just a kini, or your undies I imagine right now.”

Bella “I don’t know. I quite LIKE the split second feeling of getting ALL my clothes wet, just before I change.”

April “Think I’ll go half and half. Ditch my top, so I’ll just be in a bra for a short time up top ….adn keep my jeans on.”

Cleo “Sounds like good compromise to me.“

April indeed removes her top, revealing a mostly white bra [with several small floral motifs on it] and ………..

April “So ……..do you guys have any REAL …..well, “set” swims …….or do you just go into the water and …well, go with the flow.”

Emma “There’s DEFINIETLY a routine ….for starters anyway. And NONE of your fellow “Angels” has bested me yet.”

Rikki “AS you MAY have gathered, my wife’s........more than a bit competitive.”

Emma “I KNOW you loooooove tat about me.”

Rikki “She’s right. Uptight Em versus generally chilled me. It totally works.”

April “Cool. So …….are we gonna ………………”

Emma gets set to dive into the water. Positioning herself like she did in her pre-mermaid days ….like she is in the blocks with a swimming pool before her …..back when her calling in life was to be as an Olympic swimmer !!!

April “I’ll take that as a yes.”

April smiles and DIVES into the water with other mermaids. She all but instantly feels the weird sensation of her legs being changed into a tail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It feels VERY different to having her [normal] legs, but April remembers what Emma and the others said ….to, once she’d EVENTUALLY got over the SHOCK of actually having a tail ……and scales now covering most of her clearly larger breasts. Yeah, they told her to wiggle her tail a bit ..........to set the rhythmic motion in action ……..allowing the quite LARGE tailfin she now has to SERIOUSLY move her along.

April secludedly swims virtually on the surface of the ocean, before she feels ready to DIVE!!!!!!!! The other mermaids follow, and, whilst the swim underwater, they see a pod of dolphins and Cleo introduces April to Ronnie ……with Bella especially teases Cleo about her “boyfriend.”

+++

Meanwhile, Billy had made it to where Sasha is. He sees her as he swoops down from the lofty heights where he had been flying. Billy is pleased to see that, somehow, Ruby is human again. Billy lands and, even though Indi is muchly in sight, morphs back into his conventional human form ………….

Indi [annoyed] “Of course. It HAD to be YOU who changed them. WHY are you to the BANE of my existence!!!!!!”

Ruby is about to respond when ……

Billy “Indi, I SUGGEST that you don’t move, OR take advantage of your sister’s condition. Ruby, go next to Sasha. She’ll NEED you.”

Indi hears the menace in Billy’s voice in the 1st part of that sentence, but still wonders what he is talking about. It’s not like Sasha is going to get go of her any time soon ……. but the answers comes quickly enough /…… Billy changes Sasha BACK into her human form ……..

And Sasha, on all 4s with her hands on Indi’s stomach, where her cheetah front paws had been, gets REAQUANITED with all to real situation. She once more CAN'T feel her legs ……indeed, her paralyzed legs soon give way. Sasha pushes harder on Indi’s stomach ….to somehow brace herself, but it’s in vain. Sasha’s legs totally give way …..so she very quickly moves her arm and upper body, so she DOESN’T crush Indi below her. Sasha, as she turns her body as much as she can and rolls a little away form Inid, KNOWS that what Indi has done is VERY wrong …..but she also knows Indi should REALLY be punished for it …..not instant death punishment …something more ….lasting.

Billy is standing over Indi. She can see that he won’t let her get anywhere ….AND she knows tat using her magic would merely compound her long term problems. Besides, she can see that Ruby is, at this moment, doing all she can to help the permanently disabled Sasha.

Ruby knows that there’s no way that Indi can be tried in a normal court, but she also knows that Indi DOES need to “pay.” Also on her mind is how they are going to get Sasha away from here. No doubt, her amazing Billy can help with that……..and she also can sense that, since Billy is here, a certain UBER monster is no longer harassing the Bay.

Ruby “Sash, think you could …..with mine AND Indi’s help, like, get atop Billy if he turns into something like a horse?”

Sasha [whose already missing the kinda carefree time she was a cheetah] “I’ll give it a shot. Don’t know where we’ll go ….the hospital it’s ………. “ [her voice trails off]

Ruby “To YOUR place we can go. And I’m moving in. To take care of you.”

Sasha, who is sitting upright, reaches over a little to where Ruby is crouched beside her. Ruby LOOOOOOOOOOOOES the hug that Sasha gives her …….. feels so good, and Ruby realises that Sasha – whilst she’s never be truly “over” the way she was paralyzed – seems to forgiven Ruby for her part in what happened. Indeed ……………..

Sasha [trying to deal with her new reality] “So Rubes, think Blake will STILL find me attractive?”

Ruby [happy voice] “Why wouldn’t he? You’re STILL very muchly a CATCH .....bestie."

Indi glumly watches on as Billy morphs into a white steed ……..before Ruby & Indi steadily, SLOWLY are able to get Sasha into position atop the horse. It certainly wasn’t easy, with her lifeless, all but useless legs .....and it REALLY bought home to them ALL how much Sasha’s life has changed ……and how TRULY hard that living from now on will be for her.

+++

Whilst horse Billy, with Sasha atop him, heads for the Walker farm [with Ruby & Indi walking beside Billy], Lottie & Rosie arrive at the caravan park house. Harvey, having left the celebrations of the Bay’s new ad campaign early, had only recently emerged from the pantry of the house …..having been in there whilst Heathzilla destroyed part of the Bay. Harvey & Blake only emerged once the radio announced that the beast’s reign of terror was over. Harvey can see that his daughter is a combination of distressed AND relieved …….

Harvey [as he hugs his daughter] “Soooooooooooo glad you’re OK.”

Lottie [who reaches out and takes hold of Rosie’s hand] “I almost wasn’t ……………[Lottie removes herself form the hug] …..but …….. “

Lottie’s voice trail off. She was SOOO sure, as she walked hand in hand with Rosie from where the mermaids rescued her to here, that she was going to tell her father …..but now ….actually TELLING physically being in front of him and having to tell him that she’s ….playing for the other team ……………

Lottie [with her heart in her mouth] “Dad, meet Rosie …….my new …LOVER.”

TO BE CONTINUED!!!!! ……

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MANY thanks Red, pembie and Sarah for your AMAZING comments!!!

CHAPTER 62!!!!!

Lottie sees the look on her dad’s face. He’s tried to hide it, but it’s clear he’s not keen on this, and ……….

Lottie “Dad, Rosie’s the BEST thing to happen to me for AGES. You KNOW how down in the dumps I’ve been.”

Lottie can see that Harvey isn’t convinced. She knows that Roo opposed, for quite some time, the ‘ship tween Emma & Rikki. She wonders if THAT’S the problem, but ………

Lottie “Is it cos you think that I’ve only ever been a straight girl?”

Harvey [with Rosie still holding Lottie’s hand, and Harvey still muchly trying to deal with this] “It’s .......it’s ….well, it’s a “bit” of shock there, Lottie.”

Lottie “Trust me when I say that it’s kinda a shock to me too ……but a GOOD one ……and it’s not like Rosie’s ………….. “

Lottie stops herself. Is it REALLY the best move to say, in front of her new g/f that she’s kissed another woman, even if it COULD prove her point to her dad that her new ‘ship isn’t as big as shock to Lottie’s system as he thinks it is ……

Harvey “Lottie, I’m just ……worried about you. The town, it’s been through sooooo much.”

Lottie [liking that her dad has bought this up] “I couldn’t agree with you more. Indeed, Rosie, she SAVED me from that BIG monster. The “Angels“ helped. So did Billy, but I just KNOW that Rosie’s the one that I’m glad I’m alive for.”

Rosie “Mr. Ryan, I can tell you that I BEYOND won’t do ANYTHING to hurt your daughter.”

Lottie [regaining courage to say what she was going to earlier] “And it’s not like Rosie’s the 1st girl I’ve kissed. Yeah, when Billy was Anne Hathaway. I couldnlt help myself.”

Lottie sees the confused look on Rosie’s face …….

Lottie “The other monster. The non bad one ………well, that was Billy, the boyfriend of your friend Sasha’s bestie. A girl named Ruby.”
Rosie “Woah !!!! This town …….it’s just ……[Lottie is worried about what the next word will be. Hopefully not a bad one] …..it's just the BEST !!!!!! Mermaids, monsters ….and MOST especially a girl to call my own.”

Rosie throws caution to the wind. She kisses Lottie. MUCHLY on the lips …….AND grabs hold of Lottie to the point where her hands are together in the small of Lottie’s back ……

It’s a weird sensation for Harvey to see his daughter THIS intimate with ANYONE. Let alone another woman ……but he CAN see that the two of them seem to have really bonded in …….however long Rosie’s been in the Bay.

Indeed, when Rosie & Lottie have finished smooching, Harvey wonders just what Rosie’s “deal” is ….where’s she form? Why she’s in the Bay? how long she’s been here? Harvey IS pleased that Rosie is a family friend of Angelo’s ……but he IS worried about a number of things …………..

Harvey [somewhat sternly] “Lottie, you really shouldn’t have told Rosie about Billie. [he sees the a little bit embarrassed look on Lottie’s face] And Rosie, a quite word if you please.”

Harvey beckons Rosie to join him in the kitchen, near the sink …..away from where they [and Lottie] were – close to the main table. He can see that Lottie is curious about this move, as is Rosie.

Harvey “Rosie, I can see that you …like my daughter, but I AM worried about this. Despite Lottie’s bravado here, I REALLY don’t know about this ‘ship, so I’ll let you know right NOW that I’ll be watching you. Do NOT hurt my daughter.”

Rosie can see that Harvey is indeed VERY serious. This ISN’T some idle threat, but he hasn’t out rightly dismissed the new ‘ship …….

Rosie “Thanks, Mr. Ryan …..and although these words CAN be most ominous and overused, you can DEFINIETLY trust me with Lottie. [Rosie turns her head to look at Lottie] The MOMENT i saw her …….it was just …….. “

Harvey can see the look of adoration and love on Rosie’s face ………before Rosie makes her way back to Lottie’s side. Rosie takes a tender hold of her girlfriend’s hand, and gives her a soft kiss on the lips. Lottie REALLY likes that ….AND she can see that Harvey, whilst cautious, isn’t going to fight this ……so Lottie embraces the moment and reciprocates the lip lock that she just received from Rosie. Nothing too hot and heavy .................well, in front of the parental right now anyway.

++++

AT the Walker farm, Sasha is on the couch. Teen human Billy, after Ruby & Indi gently lowering Sasha off the horse that carried her form Mangrove River, carried Sasha in the longue room …..with Ruby especially doing her best to make her bestie as comfortable as possible. Billy is muchly keeping an eye on the sullen Indi ….who, although she is not bound in any way, KNOWS that she would be FOOLISH to make any kind of escape OR move against Ruby.

The 4 of them have been here for about ¾ of an hour …..as Ruby thought it best, with the hospital being destroyed and all, to bring Sasha here. If for no other reason than Sid should return here. Sasha has tried to phone her dad, but she’s been without success so far ……not really surprising, given the MESS the Bay is in.

Ruby, as she tends to and talks to Sasha, thinks about just what they CAN do to Indi. No court in Earth could legally prosecute/incarcerate her. Yeah, she’s an accessory to murder …with ALL those people dying at the hands of Heathzilla ….but Ruby has NO idea ………..but maybe ……..

Ruby is deep in thought about the Indi sitch AND how this house isn’t yet fitted out in a way that Sasha can live here right now, when Sid & Lisa arrive home. As they approaches the house, Sid especially had been thinking about all the had occurred today, including losing his phone with Heathzilla swatted him, Evie, Blake and others with his tail. Sid is still muchly carrying the scars of what’s happened, and is pleased, but surprised to see Sasha, Indi, Ruby and Billy here of all places, especially Sasha. Like how did she get HERE? ……mainly since there’s not a wheelchair in sight.

Sid can see that Indi is here too. He can’t remember the last time he saw her …..or Romeo for that matter. Indi looks …..there’s an unease about her. Maybe because she’s been away from home so long. Ruby & Billy KNOW that Sid NEEDS to be told about Indi. What she did. Who she’s been hanging out with.

Sid goes over and hugs Sasha, before - whilst Lisa talks to Sasha about her situation - Ruby decides it’s time to tell Sid …..EVERYTHING. Ruby virtually doesn’t stop for a breath as she, with additional comments from Billy AND Sasha, tells Indi’s father ALL the gory details ………………

Sid & Lisa listen on astonishment. Sid knows there’s always been tension tween Ruby & Indi, but having Sasha back up what Ruby has said ……AND the news that this is partly because Indi “borrow” a book of spells secretly owned by DEX!!!!!!

Indi can see that her dad looks a combination of astonished with the situation and DISGUSTED with her. He’d LOVED to really “go off” at Indi, but he has a feeling that Sasha and even Ruby “probably” have done that already, and besides, he KNOWS also that they’ll HAVE to rebuild Northern Districts hospital. After all, he’s spent most of the time post Heathzilla’s attack trying to arrange - with great difficulty in terms of trying find placemnts for eveyone - the hospital’s patients to be transferred in other medical facilities …….like even in the city ……..

Sid [as calm, but as stern as he can] “Indi, I’m REALLY disappointed in you. REALLY disappointed, but although you THINK you’re going to get away with what you’ve done, who you’ve hurt and KILLED, I’d think again if I were you ………..”

Ruby, even though she doesn’t know what Sid is about to say, is impressed by his tone at least, whilst Sasha can tell that Indi is bracing for impact …….

Sid [sternly] “Indi, from now on, you’ll do EVERYTHING in your power to help Sasha AND to rebuild the hospital. Tomorrow, you’re going t start to learn to be a builder. I just know that there’s going t start work on a new hospital here soon. They’ll HAVE to. And for EVERY moment that you’re NOT working at the hospital, you’re going to be under house arrest. Helping out your sister and whatever else needs doing around here AND every bit of your pay is going to going to helping rebuild this town. The hospital, the school, the houses destroyed by YOU and your THUG of a boyfriend. AND you’re NOT to use ANY magic to do so.[very sternly] Do I make myself clear?”

Indi, as much as she’d love to further be …..austentatious ...by suggesting that if she agrees to Sid’s plan it means she won’t have enough money again ever to buy new shoes and the like, just KNOWS she IS getting off this lightly, and ……….

Indi [very mouse like] “OK.”

Sid, while he can’t exactly see remorse on Indi’s face, can see that she WILL comply, but he decides to further add further complications to I ndi’s new life …………….

Sid “Ruby, I’d like to invite you to stay with us. Make THIS your new home. I know that you’ve said that you want to “be there” for Sasha ……So, what do you say?”

Ruby was thinking about asking Sasha and Sid, but to actually BE asked. She wasn’t expecting that …..

Ruby “What do you say, Sash? Want me as a housemate …..or even as a roomie?”

Sasha [with Ruby sitting beside her] “Here’s what I think.”

Sasha reaches over and hugs Ruby. Sasha knows that there’s a VERY long hard road ahead of her, and Ruby’s presence will be constant reminder of how she came to be this way ……but Sasha knows that she herslf, along with her dad, Lisa, Indi and friends like Ruby and Billy ……and maybe even with Blake around ….that she MIGHT be able to get through all of this ….maybe.

Sasha, Ruby, Sid, Lisa, Billy and Indi talk about ALL that has occurred lately, especially today [with Indi mostly not opening up about things] before Billy decides to head for home. Billy & Ruby are near the farmhouse front door when …….

Ruby “Thanks for asking Sasha’s dad about Blake earlier. REALLY appreciated that.”

Billy “Well, I just knew that you’d be too ……..concerned with Sash to bring it up.”

Ruby “Well, it’s just good that the Dr. Maguire took him to Alf’s. I just hope that he and Sasha can still get together. She DERSEVES some good news. So does Blake.”

Billy “Most definitely ……….I think I should head off. The “Angels” saw me bail, but we haven’t “filled them in” on what’s happened. Or your mum.”

Ruby “Yeah, and trying to deal with all of this over the phone. Not a good idea.”

Billy “Especially when I’m gonna fly home.”

Ruby “Good plan. Oh, and tell Mum that we should ALL meet for brekkie morrow morning. At the diner. Yeah, you, me, Sash, Mum, Stepmum, the “Angels”. Anyone else at this place that wants to join us.”

Billy “What …..should I tell your mum about you moving in here?”

Ruby [after giving the question some serious thought] “Tell her …..for the moment, that I’m here tonight. Deal with that in the morning. The Bay, it’s been though sooooo much today. Mum, she’s doesn’t need a bombshell like that.”

Billy “That makes sense …..with you know who causing sooo much trouble today.”

Ruby “I KNOW I’ve said it many times, but thank you SOOOOOOOO much. For EVERYTHING. Coming here to Earth to be with me. Draining the last of power from your ID power card to bring Blake here. Saving Sash and me AND the whole town. Yeah, MUCHLY thanks.”

Billy [loving voice] “I do ANYTHING for you, babe.”

With that, Billy & Ruby WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY kiss, before Billy heads for home.

+++

Later on, after Billy has arrived at the Chanca house, and he, the mermaids, Charlie & Bianca have talked for a while about the events of today, Charlie indicates that she’d like to speak to Billy in private. He’s worried that she somehow knows that Ruby’s decision to say the night isn’t just a one off, but Charlie has something VERY different in mind …..

Charlie “Billy, I know the “Angles” are gonna to get a LOT of accolades and thanks from the people of this town, but you know that not many people KNOW it was you that helped then.”

Billy “Sure, but Heath needed to be stopped. He’d already done soooooooooo much damage to this town, and could have done a LOT more.”

Charlie “Well, I think you SHOULD be rewarded for everything you did.”

Billy is REALLY curious about where this is going. Is she about to suggest that the whole town should know his “deal”……like they do the mermaids? After all, April’s new status now has got to be made Summer Bay public, because it sound like April’s return to the Bay is permanent …….

Billy [with trepidation] “What …..what are you trying to say?”

Charlie moves closer to Billy, and whispers something in his ear.

Billy [taken back by the suggestion] “Are ……are you sure about that?”

Charlie “I think you deserve it. After all, you were soooooooooooooo BRAVE today. Taking on that monster …and ALL of us will be there. You did say that Rubes wants to meet for breakfast?”

Billy [after he nods] “I’ll sleep on it. Give you a decision in the morning.”

Charlie “Sounds good, Billy.”

After Billy heads back into the longue room, to rejoin the conversation with Bella, April, Bianca and the others, Charlie thinks of how momentous a day tomorrow could be. After all, Billy isn’t the only one with a BIG decision to make [tonight].

TO BE [MOST LIKELY] CONCLUDED !!!!

MUCHLY thanks to Red Ranger 1, Sarah and pembie for your TERRIFIC comments !!!!

CHAPTER 63!!!!!

It’s late at night ….at the end of a destructive day Bayside. Emma is getting set to get tucked up into bed, but she’s waiting for her beloved Rikki ……as the still VERY happily married duo always still cuddle up together before they drift off to sleep. Emma & Rikki recently brushed their teeth, but Rikki insisted that she had something else she had to do before going to sleep. Emma likes this time alone, as it really let’s her think about the events of today ……how Indi has got off soooooooooo lightly. There’s got to be a non jail or death way for her to answer for her crimes.

Rikki enters the room, but she’s not alone. She’s bought Cleo, April and Bella with her. Strength in numbers, Rikki muses to herself ……

Rikki [somewhat passionately] “Em, I know that you’re going to say that Indi’s probably going to be suffering enough …..with Ruby being in the same house and all, but I …[Rikki looks briefly at Cleo, Bella and April] no, WE don’t think she is. She deserves more. Yes, she can’t be locked up in a normal jail, but she deserves SOMETHING.”

Rikki sees a rather nonchalant look on Emma’s face, so Bella wades in ……

Bella “Rikki’s right.”

April “I’m soooooooo with them.”

Emma doesn’t retort in any way, which Rikki and Cleo [who’s been friends with Emma since they were babies] were especially surprised by ……

Rikki “Just spit it out, Em. You’re too calm right now. I know you’re ALWAYS calm, but ……… “

Cleo [finishing her friend’s sentence] “Just say SOMETHING.”

Emma, who knows full well that she’s totally in agreement with them, is slightly affronted that they think she’s thinking differently, and ……….

Emma “I couldn’t agree with you all more.”

Rikki is taken aback the most ….but there are TWO upsides. It’s GREAT that all 5 mermaids are on the same page ….adn surely Emma’s behavior, holding back like that, means that she’s going to have to be SPANKED [the sexy, good way of course]by Rikki !!!!! When the other have left the room, naturally !!!!

Cleo “So, I’m assuming that you’ve got a plan. We just want Indi to “pay”.”

April “Yeah, we do have SOME thoughts about it.”

Emma “I don’t know about the rest of you, but I think we should all head over to the farmhouse …..tonight. Here’s my plan.”

+++

It’s just after 6am the next day when Sid wakes. Lisa is still asleep beside him. Sid gets out of bed, as there’s just somewhere he needs to be VERY early this morn. Sid heads into the kitchen, and is VERY surprised to see Ruby sitting at the table …. with a cup of coffee in front of her …….

Ruby [rather chirpy] “Morning. Kettle’s recently boiled if you want to join me for an early morning pick me up.”

Sid, despite not knowing Ruby’s habits of a morning, IS taken aback that she’s up and about. After all, Ruby hasn’t ever been up this early whenever she’s done the whole sleepover thing with Sasha. Ruby can see that Sid is having these thoughts, so……

Ruby “Thought it best to acquaint myself with my new abode whilst no one else was up. I know that you guys gave me the basic tour last night …and that I’ve been here lots of time hanging out with Sash. But yeah, this way I could truly get my head around where all the plates and cups and saucepans and everything goes ……..I’m not usually an early riser, but thought it best ….yeah, so is this, up early, the norm for you?”

Sid “Not this early usually, but I’ve got somewhere to be [quite early] today”.

Ruby “I’ll “bite”, Dr Walker. What’s the plan?”

Sid “It’s SID, Ruby. Now that you’ll be living here.”

Ruby “That’s gonna feel weird, but OK …..SID.”

Sid [after he smiles in acknowledgement of the way she addressed him] “After you all had gone to bed, I rang the hospital that’s now closest to us. At least an hours drive one way from here. I’ve arrange to pick up a wheelchair this morn. Have it here as close to when Sasha wakes up as I can.”

Ruby “Can I come with? I know that Sash and I were up talking for quite a while after you carried her and put her in bed last night, so I’m guessing will be some time before she wakes.”

Sid [liking the offer, and how committed Ruby seems to be to helping Sashal “OK. I’ll just have that coffee and we’ll be off.”

+++

About an hour after Sid & Ruby left the house, Sasha wakes. After she very slowly sits up, she sees that Ruby isn’t either asleep or in the room at all. Sasha’s a little disappointed, as she expected Ruby to be here on this, the 1st day she’s been out of hospital ………………….

Sasha [calls out, but not too loudly] “Ruby. [slightly louder] Rubes. [slightly louder] “Ruby ……Dad …….Lisa.”

Lisa enters the room moments after ……

Lisa “Morning, Sasha.”

Sasha [sullenly] “Where’s Ruby? and my dad?”

Lisa “They ….left a note. They’ll …….they’ll be back soon.”

Sasha [picking up that something is going on] “I don’t WANT to call you my evil stepmother, but ………. “ [her voice trail off]

Lisa “It’s ……it’s a surprise. That’s why I can’t say anything.”

Sasha [her mood having been picked up by the word surprise] “Sounding better ………..So, is my should-be-in-jail sister up and cooking me breakfast in bed?”

Lisa realises that she was herself so taken aback by Sid’s note this morning ….adn the fact tat Indi hasn’t been around lately ….to really notice that Indi should indeed BE awake and doing things like making their breakfasts ……

Lisa “I’ll go check on her.”

Lisa exits Sasha & Ruby’s room, and quickly makes her way to Indi’s bedroom door. It’s shut …..so she swiftly looks around the house. No sign of Indi, so she goes back to the bedroom door. Lisa knocks on the door and calls out to Indi. No response. Lisa wouldn’t usually be keen to enter Indi’s room without Indi’s permission, but Sid’s daughter has DEFINIETLY given up the right to such things ………so Lisa opens the door ……….

Lisa SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAMS !!!!!!!!

She sees ………Lisa can’t believe what she sees. Indi’s lying there on her bed but ………..

Lisa heads back into Sasha’s room. She’s ashen faced ……………

Sasha “What …….what’s the matter?”

Lisa [shocked voice] “It’s Indi. She’s ………….[Lisa can’t believe that she’s just about to say this] frozen solid. Lying with her stomach against the mattress …….. I just …………. “

Both Lisa AND Sasha are STUNNED !!!!!!!

They know 2 things though ……..that Indi deserved more of a punishment that what she got AND that the mermaids are sure to have done this. What they don’t know is if Indi is still alive …..under all that frozen water.

Sasha [apprehensively] “So ….did you ……..touch her …..or it, the ice, I mean?”

Lisa is surprised, in a way, that Sasha should ask such a question. After all, what do you say about such a thing …….especially when the town AND Sasha herself has been through soooooooooo much lately.

Lisa “I’m gonna call your dad.”

Lisa grabs her mobile …….and rings Sid. He thinks the same thing about Indi, that the mermaids must be responsible. He and Ruby have just started their journey back to the Bay ……..and Sid wants to confront Emma and the others ……since this REALLY isn’t something you want to be discussing NOT face to face. Indeed, Sid is going to head straight for the Chanca house, rather than his own, when he returns to Summer Bay.

+++

Meanwhile, Billy is in his bedroom. He’s decided to take Charlie up on her offer …..that he should rewarded for his BIG role in saving the Bay. Billy truly realised that, if he’s going to go through with this, it will REALLY help if Ruby is here …..muchly before he gets his reward. Billy knows that Ruby slept the night at Sash’s. He calls her and ………

Billy “Hi Rubes, you want to come home ..Your old home ….before we all head to the diner.”

Ruby “Might be better if I meet you all there. Sid and I are out of town right now. We on the way back from getting a wheelchair for Sash.”

Billy “Awesome …..but be best if you’re here to support me.”

Ruby [curious voice] “Do tell.”

Billy “Well, your mum ….she suggested I should wear in PUBLIC what I REALLY like to wear.”

Ruby [surprised voice] “WOAH !!!!! Mum said THAT ?!?!?”

Billy “Yep.”

Ruby [still quite surprised] “Wow !!!!!!!! I loooooooooooove it ……but I’m gonna still be a little while yet Maybe you should show Mum, the “Angels” and Stepmum. Get you used to being like that in front of people while you’re dressed like that …..before we ALL head to the diner ….after I go and get Sasha ….and we deal with this Indi mess.”

Billy “Let’s not talk about her.”

Ruby “Couldnlt help it. Sooooo much going through my brain. Think I got up TOO early today to deal with everything ……but I REALLY think you should show off your fave look to my mum and the others. I just KNOW you’ll look AMAZING ….adn that they’ll all LOOOOVE you even more. I know that I like you like that ……even though I had a go at you the 1st time you did it”.

Billy [encouraged by Ruby’s support] “OK I will. See you soon, my awesome Ruby.”

Ruby “Yep. Later, my out of this world man.”

Billy ends the call, and goes to his wardrobe. The moment Charlie said what she did last night, thoughts of not only if he should accept of not came to mind ……but just how he should start this life of new freedom. There’s a number of option he could go with. 2 in particular, but which to choose? If Ruby was here, he could “bounce” this off her ………….but then he thinks that there’s one outfit that they both especially like …. So Billy strips down to his underwear, and puts on the attire he’s going to wear today. Feels sooooooooooooooooo good, as always, against his skin.

After he’s fully dressed, with the bedroom door still muchly closed, Billy calls out to Charlie. She makes her way quickly to the door. He [through the closed door] tells her about Ruby, Sid and the wheelchair …………and that he’s going to take up her offer for his reward. Charlie knows that this move could be troublesome, but she also knows that Billy does deserve it. She tells him that she will inform Bianca and the others about what’s about to occur. Billy likes that ……so what’s about to happen won’t be a complete shock to Rikki, Bella and co.

10 minutes after Charlie and Billy’s chat, Bianca, Charlie, Emma, Rikki, April, Cleo and Bella are all sitting in the longue room ….waiting Billy’s arrival. Bianca and the mermaids were more than a little taken aback that Billy has had this secret that only Ruby and Charlie have know about. All are truly wondering how that will react when they actually SEE Billy ……..

…..who exits his bedroom. Feels weird for Billy to be outside his room like this, but at least he’s about to show off his new public look to his family ….as that’s really what Charlie, Bianca, and the mermaids are. Billy walks slightly slower than normal as he makes his way up the hallway. How will his housemates react?

Billy turns the corner and enters the longue room …..he’s wearing a sky blue, with yellow and pink floral motifs, maxi dress !!!!!! [see pic below]

Billy sees the initially subdued, kinda confused “what do we say?” looks on the girls’ faces …………..before …….

Rikki [with an empathetically happy voice] “Billy, only YOU could have the BALLS to wear something like that in public.”

Rikki’s comment breaks the ice. April, Bianca and the most of the others smile and MUCHLY agree. They ALL muchly think that it’s typical of Billy to BE this brave. After all, he took on the python that UBER wounded Sasha. He, with the mermaids' help, defeated Heathzilla ……..AND he travelled across the galaxy to be Ruby !!!!!

Indeed, things seem to be going MUCH better that Billy [or even Charlie] could have imagined, but then Emma, who hadn’t said anything [or even reacted in any way] decides to let her feelings known …………

Emma [tersely] “Billy, I can’t believe this. Do you know how you look?”

Billy is concerned that his “sister” is about to really denounce him wearing girly clothes ……..

Emma [kinda annoyed] “Damn you. [happy voice] You look BETTER in that dress that I would !!!!!”

Emma gees over and hugs Billy ……with Charlie and everyone else in the room, one by one, following suit !!!!!!!

Billy LOOOOOVES that the girls, his Earth family, ARE so accepting ………so, until Sid and Ruby arrive in a whiles time, he chats with Rikki and the others ….and shows them his up-until-now secret stash of girl’s clothes – off all sorts. Maxi dresses, blouses, skirts, one shoulder tops and dresses, strapless tops etc. Bella & Cleo especially looooooooooooooves Billy’s style

+++

Soon after, Sid and Ruby arrive. Sid is VERY worked up. Indeed, Ruby took over driving very soon after Sid got the call from Lisa about Indi …….as Sid knew the he would be too distracted by what’s happened to Indi to truly concentrate on the road.

Sid enters the house. Everyone who lives here is in the longue. Billy wearing a dress doesn’t even register with Sid. Such is his, well, RAGE ………

Sid [angry] “What have you girls done? Have you KILLED my daughter?”

TO BE CONCLUDED !!!! ……

Billy’s dress

MD005_zpsac1fe770.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

MUCHLY thanks to Red Ranger 1, Sarah and pembie for ALL your many many many AMAZING comments!!! THROUGHOUT this fic ……and to everyone who’s commented on or read this story !!!!!

It’s been a BLAST writing it …….some of it was always going to happen [including Heathzilla’s attack] but other things were affected by on screen H&A [e.g. Sasha being paralyzed …its like, I had the idea that Sasha wouldn’t be able to move her legs for a bit, but then when Casey got to walk again relatively quickly after the on screen car crash with Maddie, I decided that Sasha should REALLY be affected by what happened]. I also got Rosie and Lottie together because, apart from LOVING girl on girl, I loved the idea of having these two …my fave guests/chareters on the show for AGES ……in this fic in some capacity.

And now, the “WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY movie length” FINALE !!!!!!

CHAPTER 64!!!!!

Bella, who’s been a mermaid the longest, stands up and ……..

Bella [deadpan] “She's alive. And in perfect hibernation.”

Ruby [who entered the house just as Bella said that] “That’s kinda good that Indi’s still alive. [happy voice, after she looks at her b/f] Billy, you look ……HEAVENLY. Mum, thanks for suggesting it !!!!!!!!!!”

Sid, at this point, is in a spin tween what’s going on with Indi AND how Ruby alerting him to Billy’s attire ……

Sid [curious/shocked voice] “Why ……ARE you in a dress, Billy? Did you lose a bet or something?”

Billy [confidently] “No, I WON.”

Sid [overawed voice] “What’s ………… “ [his voice trails off]

Charlie “Long story short. Billy was the creature …………. “

Sid [cutting in, after remembering what Blake told him] “Who defeated the evil beast that my daughter turned that River Boy into ………but why ………. “ [his voice trail off again]

Ruby “Why a dress? Cos Billy LOOOOOVES them. [billy nods] Anyway, my boy, time for you & I to go to my new place to present Sash with her surprise. I just know that the “Angels” will sort all this out with Sid.”

Billy “Yeah. Let’s go.”

Ruby [after she gives Billy a quick kiss on the cheek]“You do realise that you’re ALMOST looking better than me.”

Billy “Absolutely never.”

Ruby smiles, and Sid’s head is still more than slightly spinning. After all, Billy is not only willingly, GLADLY wearing a dress …..but has just exited the house …..and he’s officially now doing so OUT in public. Sid turns his attention back to his daughter ………………

Sid “How? Why? ……. I NEED answers, girls.”

The mermaids look at each other, and all nod at the person who they all agreed [last night] would be the one to tell the likes of Sid …………so April stands up and ………

Sid [overawed voice] “April, I heard you were …….one of them now.”

April [with a soft tone] “Yeah …..cos of your son ……ironically.”

Sid doesn’t really want to think about what Dex told him happened in Bathurst ……especially in light of what’s transpired in the Bay …….

Sid “So, ……….what did ………..”

April [cutting in] “Late last night, we all agreed to do something. We went to your house. Since I used to hang out there a lot, I knew all the tricks to get into your place without the 5 of us waking anyone, …………then I …………”

Cleo [seeing that April was starting to struggle telling Sid] “Then we went into Indi’s bedroom. Sure, technically only really 3 of us were needed, but it was best to have all 5. Anyway, we woke your daughter. Best not to just freeze her without warning ……so yeah, Emma told Indi what we all decided.”

Sid can’t believe he’s hearing this, and ………..

Sid [astounded] “You WOKE her.”

Rikki “Yes. She had to answer for her crimes. We told her that it was best not to try to fight us. After all, she’d look all weird and scary if we froze her in an attacking position. Indi tried t say that she would REALLY really make up for what she did, but we reminded her that LONG before the thing with the River Boy that she was sooooo anti Billy/Ruby. Have to admit I threatened to REALLY use my powers on her if she didn’t play nice.”

Sid grimaces at the thought of ALL of this …….even though parts of him knows that his proposed “sentence” for Indi was ……well, his punishment DIDN’T fit her crimes ……but …..

Sid “Why DID you freeze my daughter?”

April “Simple. River Boy Godzilla may have been the gun, but INDI pulled the trigger, so I used my powers to cover her in water, which Bella jellied and Emma froze ….and because we used our powers the way we did, I can tell you that she’s perfectly safe an alive ……she STILL will be when we decide she’s done the time for her EVIL crimes.”

Sid is totally overawed, but …….

Sid [sternly] “Indi better not die.”

Sid exits the house …….still quite unbelieving of what’s just happened AND what occurred in his own house as he slept last night.

+++

Meanwhile, Ruby & Billy have just arrived at the farmhouse. They quickly unpack Sasha’s surprise and head inside the house. Ruby heads immediately for her & Sasha’s bedroom. Sasha is on her bed, with the covers pushed to the end of the bed. She's patting Beatrix. In the middle of ALL the new things in Sasha's life, it's good to have one thing - the love and affection that she and her pussy have for each other - that hasn't changed.

As she pats her beloved cat, Sasha's in the PJs that the hospital gave her ……seemingly now oh so long ago. Sasha is both overawed by her OWN sitch and by what’s happened to Indi ……….

Ruby [as she enters the room, with Billy in the hallway with the wheelchair] “Got something that should cheer you up ……hopefully. [sasha looks slightly encouraged] Billy, bring it in. Oh, and bestie, prepare to be …..taken aback, in TWO good ways.”

Sasha sees not only the wheelchair that Billy is pushing, but what Ruby’s b/f is wearing. She slightly smiles …….

Sasha [trying to find the right words] “That’s …….different.”

Billy “Tis is my look. ALWAYS now in dresses and skirts and the like.”

Sasha [muchly taken aback] “Brave boy.”

Ruby [trying to sound REALLY encouraging] “I just KNOW that YOU can be just as brave …….. I hope you like your new wheels. Sid said that we’ll be able to get you a motorized one soon.“

Sasha [trying to take ALL of this in ….and picking up on something NOT related to her legs] “Sid? Since WHEN do you call my dad that?”

Ruby “Since he said I could. Tried to call him Dr. Walker, but he insisted.”

Sasha “That’s gonna be weird.”

Ruby [after she smirks] “That’s what I said ………. [more seriously] What DO you think of your new wheels?”

Sasha sighs briefly …as the wheelchair is just another reminder that she’ll NEVER walk again ……..but Sasha decides to TRY to be not so downbeat about it …....

Sasha “Think I REALLY can drive that thing?”

Ruby [as encouraging as she can] “Bet you’ll be TERRIFIC. Summer Bay’s own Louise Savage in NO time ……..actually, how bout you get some SERIOUS practice today, by coming out to breakfast. At the diner. My mum and everyone at my old house will be there, and there’s BOUND to be lots of other people there ……all VERY supportive of you ……even Blake maybe …….and Billy will be there, looking AMAZING ……..and taking some of the spotlight off you.”

Sasha isn’t really sure about this, but agrees to go to the diner and give things a try …..but she knows that she can’t go there in her current attire …..or looking like the unshowered in seemingly forever mess that she is. Sasha doesn’t know how she’s gonna manage it either ……..or changing into other clothes. The nurses at the now destroyed Northern Districts hospital changed her into the PJ’s she’s now in. Sasha initially thinks that this will be TOO big a challenge. Maybe she shouldn’t go this morning …….or leave this bed EVER.

Ruby can see that Sasha now isn’t so confident ……

Ruby “Lisa and I will be to help get you showered and changed. Bet she’s dealt with many people in your sitch …..in her line of work ….adn we also got you one of the chairs that the hospitals use to assist people like you have showers.”

Sasha [kinda surprised that Ruby is so switched on] “You REALLY have thought of everything.”

Ruby “Like I told Sid, I’m 200% going to be here EVERY second of the day for you. ANYTHING you want or need, I’m your girl.”

Sasha [enthused by Ruby’s commitment] “I guess I could give the things a go ….including this wheelchair….and I know what you mean bout the chair. The nurses helped me have shower.”

Ruby “Can sooooooo help wash you. The LEAST I can do for you.”

Sasha “We’ll see. Doing that ……by myself MIGHT give me some confidence. I don’t know though.”

Sasha calls Lisa into the room, whilst Beatrix humps down off the bed and exits the room ....and Ruby moves the wheelchair to be beside Sasha’s bed. Sasha knows that Billy won’t be here all the time, so she suggests that Ruby & Lisa get her into the chair. Billy wonders if there’s anything he can do, and Sasha tells him that a soothing cup of tea might help her …..she then admits that that does sound a bit like Marilyn possessed her temporarily …but IS still keen for that tea, so Billy heads for the kitchen.

Lisa and Ruby, with Sasha helping wherever she can, maneuver Sasha into the wheelchair. Sid’s daughter feels pretty helpless, as she couldnlt assist much, but Ruby insists that it’s no problems for her …..as this is Ruby’s life now, being nurse to her bestie.

Sasha is keen, since she is actually in her new wheelchair, to see how well she can operate it. Ruby is cautious, suggesting that she can push Sasha wherever she needs to go, but Sasha IS keen to at least give it a shot 1st …….even if it’s just to actually SEE her frozen solid sister. Sasha puts her hands on the metal wheels just beside the tyres of her “ride” and slowly starts to move herself …….

Sasha [proudly] “Hey !!! I’m doing it !!!!!

Feels good to have some kind of way for herself to get about without assistance, but it DOES feel weird to be moving herself with her HANDS, rather than her feet. As she moves towards the exit of her room, with Ruby keeping a very close watch on Sasha, Lisa realises that neither girl has thought of something ….as she knows that both are concentrating on getting Sasha moving.

She suggest to Sasha and Ruby they should gather together the clothes that Sasha wants to wear today. Sash REALLY turns her head to the right and as far as she can behind her – not quite Exorcist territory but trying …… so she can at least see her wardrobe. She doubts she’ll be able to reach what she wants to wear ….and thinks of how she “might” have to change everything about …so she CAN reach. For the time being though, she asks Ruby to get one of her faves …… a bright pink mid thigh length dress [with cherry motifs all over and black trim]. Ruby does so, whilst Sasha is proud of herself working out how to execute a left turn …..so she can get a [non matching in this case] bra and some panties.

Sasha, Ruby & Lisa make their way to Indi’s room. Although she’d heard form Lisa that her sister is frozen solid, it doesn’t stop Sasha from being SHOCKED at the actual site ……especially when she TOUCHES the icy casing that is encompassing Indi. Ruby, meanwhile, is JUST able to keep her badmouthing comments to herself.

Sasha lets Ruby push her to the bathroom, but only after Sasha has turned out of Indi’s room and into the hallway. Lisa is encouraged by Sasha’s progress ….but when the trio are inside the bathroom, Sasha insists that she doesn’t want Lisa here when her clothes are being removed …….Ruby, and even Lisa, “get “ the stepmom comments ………but Lisa does 1st help Ruby move Sasha form the wheelchair to the special plastic chair which is in the shower.

Sasha – knowing that Ruby has definitely seen her naked before - quickly removes her PJ top and bra, but the PJ pants ……….

Ruby “Lift up your bottom like you did from the bed before, so I can get those pants off you.”

Ruby thinks briefly of how that could of sounded to someone who doesn’t know Ruby and Sasha ….as she, after Sasha uses all the strength her arms can muster against the chair to lift her behind up enough, gently removes her friend’s shorts …….before Sasha insists on washing herself with Ruby not even in the shower cubicle. Ruby doesn’t express her concerns, but she is a little worried. Ruby obeys her bestie’s wishes ….adn exits the shower after she gets the water temperature just right for Sasha …….commenting that she is already looking into getting a handheld hose like shower heads like the hospitals have [rather than the conventional one in the Walker’s bathroom].

Sasha’s been washing herself for a little while when Ruby is just only just able to hear Sasha crying ……

Ruby wonders what’s up, but Sasha tries to insist that there’s no problems ……

Ruby “I know you better than that, Sash. I want to TOTALLY be there for you.”

Sasha [letting her emotions start to show] “Well you can’t.”

Ruby wonders if she can enter the shower. Sasha is reluctant initially, but agrees. Even though Sasha’s face is covered with water from the shower, the tears are pretty obvious. Ruby tries to see what the trouble specifically, but then she sees Sasha digging her SHARP nails into of the tops of both her inner thighs ……..

Sasha [in tears] “It should HURT, Ruby. REALLY hurt, but nothing …….When I …touch my hands, arms, face, boobs, stomach, I feel EVERYTHING ….it’s just my hands that feel when I touch my legs ………[venting] and I can’t even do something as simple as clean ALL of my own BUM anymore !!!!!!! “

Ruby kneels beside her friend and hugs Sasha as tightly as she can. Ruby doesn’t even care a bit that she’s still in all her clothes, getting “drowned”. It’s Sasha that’s important here. It’s like the shower water are the tears that Sasha is crying, with Ruby trying all she can to shield her friend from the pain and the tears ………………..

Ruby “Sash, I just KNOW that you’ll be able to make the VERY best of this. You’re soooooooooooooooo strong. Much, MUCH stronger than me. I just KNOW it.”

Sasha [still in tears] “Don’t think I am.”

Ruby “I just KNOW that you are. You, you REALLY can still do ANYTHING.”

Sasha [buoyed by Ruby’s confidence in her] “You REALLY think I’m THAT strong?”

Ruby [heartfelt] “BEYOND muchly.”

Sasha thanks Ruby for the overwhelming belief that Ruby has in her, before Ruby helps Sasha with the rest of her shower [including washing all of her inner thighs after helping prizing them apart]………not even worrying that she’s TOTALLY drowned rat by this point. Ruby proceeds, with Lisa’s help to move the covered-by-a-towel Sasha back into her wheelchair ……………before Sasha feels a little bit weird when Ruby has to help her getting dressed. Such is Sasha’s life now.

Sid’s daughter still a little wearing about the trip to the diner today, but at least wearing her fave dress on IS certainly helping her mood …..as is the VERY soothing cup of tea that Billy has made her.

++++

In Bathurst, Dex and the triplets have made their way to the Tander household. He’s made his decision. Dex has chosen to look after his kids after all. Sure there are good foster carers out there [like the Bay’s own Irene AND the legendary Fletchers/Ross’s] but he’s heard too many horror stories about BAD ones as well. Dex tells Garth and Leanne his decision ……… but ……

Leanne “Garth and I have also made a decision. You see, Garth’s job has changed.”

Garth “Yeah, I’ll now be almost completely based here in Bathurst …only going on the VERY occasional business trip.”

Dex doesn’t really know where this is going at the moment, but he finds out soon enough ……

Leanne “So with Garth and I here all the time, I've changed my mind. Garth & I will look after your kids, BUT ......[OMG, Dex thinks] from now on, you’re to have only VERY minimal contact with them.”

Garth “Leanne & I talked about it and ….the triplets, they’re OUR kids now.”

Leanne “Yeah, from now on, I’M their mum and GARTH is their dad.”

Dex is taken aback. He’d thought long and hard last night about his decision …..and now this …….

Dex [slightly angry] “But you can’t do that.”

Garth [authoratively]“Yeah, we can. Leanne TOTALLY filled me in. What you did to Joey & April. You don’t DESERVE your kids after that.”

Leanne “You’re too …..irresponsible, and should PAY for what you did.”

Dex is about to launch into a speech about how his kids REALLY need him now more than ever ……..but he stops himself. Maybe they are better off without him. After all, that’s what Dex had been thinking for while some time himself anyway …….but now there’s another matter at hand ……….

Dex [humbly, softly] “OK …….I accept ……..but ……………”

Dex’s voice trails off. How on Earth is he going to tell them about Adrian? ……and Joey? He knows he can’t just leave this to fate, or one day in the future, Leanne & Garth are going to get the biggest shock of their lives …………

Dex [slightly worried, concerned voice] “Look …there’s something you need to know ……….about Adrian.”

Leanne [after she & Garth look at each other] “I’ve ………not noticed that she’s disabled in any way. Psychically OR mentally.”

Dex “Understandable thought, but no ……it’s more that she’s ……..ENabled.”

Leanne “Doesn’t strike me as being UBER, high IQ bright either.”

Dex “God, how do I say this? ……..You see, Adrian has some dormant genes in her system.“

Garth [concerned voice ]“Oh. That sounds ……worrying. What …….what has she got?”

Dex “No, it’s a kinda good thing she has ……….Anyway, those genes, she got them from Joey ……who was a …….she was a mermaid.”

Garth & Leanne [shocked voices] “A WHAT ?????”

Dex stays quiet …as he lets the info he’s just past on truly sink into the mind of the Tanders ………and after a prolonged silence ……

Leanne [curious tone] “THIS is Joey meant be having a SPECIAL way of getting your kids to stop crying. She was always cryptic ….she said something about mermaid movies, but there seemed to be MORE going on. Oh GOD !!!!!!!!!! …….a mer-baby !!!!!”

Dex “Suggesting you follow ….Joey’s lead and refer to Adrian as an ANGEL ……..when she changes ……and I have NO idea when that will be. It’s like, you’ll totally know ……10 seconds after she comes into contact with water and BAM ……[softly] hello tail and scales.”

Leanne & Garth seriously can’t believe it, but they are still keen on taking ALL of the triplets under their wing. They hope that Dex’s theory, that Adrian mer-genes will activate on her 5th birthday, is correct ……so they’ll have some kind of warning, maybe.

Leanne and Garth slowly take ALL that in, before Leanne insists that it’s time for Dex to say goodbye to the triplets …….in a way, for the last time EVER !!!! ……………..

Dex, trying unsuccessfully to hold back tears, picks up each of his daughters …..Adrian, then Charlotte, then Danica. He says a tear filled goodbye to each of them. Hugging them tight and softly kissing them on the forehead. He thinks of the good times he’s had with them …..and with Joey …..and even April …….before Dex knows that he must move on. Dex senses that his now FORMER triplets have REALLY “picked up“ that something is going on, but he has to go.

He kisses each of the girls one last time, hugs them again ……and exits the house. Dex thinks about looking back but knows that it’s not a good idea.

+++

In Summer Bay, many many people are at the diner. It’s the day after Heathzilla AND Indi tried to totally destroy the town. The diner is full of customers. Some are tourists, but most are locals trying to deal with what occurred …..including Charlie & Bianca who are sitting with Rikki, Emma, Cleo, Bella & April. The 5 mermaids are getting a LOT of attention ….from townsfolk congratulating them for theri heroic deeds. From people ike Matt Page and Josh Barrett.

Most people also wonder just where the good monster, the one that helped the mermaids defeat Heathzilla, is now. It’s like, how can something THAT big just disappear? They know that witch Indi turned a River Boy into the beast that destroyed the hospital, but the good monster remains a mystery. Also, comments from especially Bianca and Cleo lead to the news of Billy, from now on, always wearing girls’ clothes spreading quickly throughout the room.

Other locals having breckie in the diner are the still quite battered and bruised Evie [who is sitting with her brother Zac]; Gypsy and her daughters [they missed out in the “excitement” yesterday as Lily & Shannon were with their mum at her work in Yabby Creek]; Rosie & Lottie [who are discreetly lip locking as often as they can]; Blake [who came here with most of the caravan park house gang and is still trying to adjust to live in the 21st Century …..and is hoping Sasha makes an appearance] and Maddie & Spencer [who are also engaged in a D&M about their brush with death yesterday].

Conversations of all kinds are bought to halt when Ruby, Sasha & Billy arrive. Whilst the shock of seeing Sasha in a wheelchair for the 1st time silences many people, but Billy’s attire, now that they’ve actually seen him in a dress “in the flesh”, starts MANY more chats ……and ……..

Matt [loudly, with some venom] “What kind of FREAK are you, Billy?”

Josh “Yeah, CHOSING to wear a dress. You look STUPID.”

There are several other snide comments, including from tourists, about Billy’s attire, but ……

Gypsy [loudly, so everyone in the diner can here ….with a gleam in her eye] “I don’t know. Looks quite HOT to me. Besides, LOOOOOOVE a guy who’s MAN enough to always wear girly clothes.”

Evie [buoyant voice, and thinking of how she knows that Billy was the good monster] “Yeah, such a BRAVE boy …..in a good way. AWESOME look, Billy.”

Alf [sternly] “Listen you yahoos. That boy has got more COURAGE in his little finger than you’ve got in your WHOLE body.”

That comment, form ALF of all people, REALLY silences Billy’s critics …..here in the diner right now anyway ……and Ruby’s b/f smiles. The remarks made by Matt and the others were water off a duck’s back, but what Gypsy, Evie AND Alf said, along with encouragement from Ruby and her fam, are VERY appreciated.

Sasha likes that the focus isn’t on her like she thought it might be. Sasha likes that she’s able to, with some minor complications and troubles, maneuver her wheelchair to the table with Chanca and the mermaids are sitting. She also takes heart when Blake approaches. Sasha, despite her chair bound state, is still kinda keen on Blake …….and he on her. Both want to take things VERY slow though …..cos of her lifeless legs AND that Blake is still grieving over Meg. Blake does like it when Sasha offers to be his guide to the life of a 21st Century teenager …..Instragram, texting, Twitter, YouTube, face book, iPhones etc……sooooooooo much to get used to.

+++

At the same table, Ruby has finished her breakfast. She can see that Charlie has too. Ruby can’t put this off any longer …..so Ruby ushers Charlie outside ……..

Ruby [with her heart a little in her mouth] “Mum …….. I don’t know how to say this ……..but I’m, I’m moving out ……to …..be there to help out Sasha. There ……. I said it.”

Charlie looks at Ruby. Her little girl is soooooooooooooooo growing up. Taking on a VERY worthy endeavor by moving out of home to help her bestie through the no doubt VERY difficult days and months and years ahead. Charlie also thinks about her OWN sitch. Her OWN decision that she made in the early hours of this morning.

Charlie hugs Ruby ……..and ……

Charlie “I wish you and Sasha the VERY best. I just know that you’ll always be here for her. You’re such a spirited girl. You both will BEYOND make it through.”

Ruby is surprised. There’s no “pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaase don’t go” …..or anything of the ilk ……..

Ruby [as she hugs Charlie really tight] “I don’t really “get” the not fighting this ……but big time THANKS, Mum ……for letting me go.”

Charlie slowly removes herself from the hug and ……..

Charlie [with tears in her eyes] “Rubes, can you go inside and get Bianca. I need …..to talk to her about …………. “

Charlie’s voice trails off ……and Ruby can see that something is REALLY going on here. The way that Charlie is behaving is …….

Ruby heads inside. She tries not to think further about what’s already been a momentous day. She speaks to Bianca … who immediately heads outside. Bianca sees her wife and ………

Bianca “So, what’s the go, Charlie Brown?”

Charlie who had been looking out to sea, turns around. Bianca sees that Charlie is in tears. Bianca walks over to be right beside her beloved …………..

Bianca [slightly worried voice] “Charlie?”

Charlie puts her hands over her face ….briefly, before running her hands through her fringe …….before …..

Charlie [totally in tears] “B ……I have to go.”

Bianca [concerned] “Go …….where?”

Charlie [approaching harrowing] “AWAY !!!!!”

Bianca [blindsided] “What ??????”

Charlie [amidst all the tears] “I ……..need time ……time to ………….. “ [her voice trails off]

Bianca can see that her wife is in DEEP distress. She isn’t sure why, but wants to be as supportive as she can ……

Bianca “What can I do? ……..Do ANYTHNG to help you.”

Charlie merely shakes her head. She can’t deal with this right now ……

Bianca [heartfelt] “Where ……where will go?”

Charlie [teary] “I don’t know.”

Bianca [worried, but tender voice] “When ……will you be back?”

Charlie [beyond in tears] “Can’t …………….”

Charlie starts to REALLY bawl her eyes out. Bianca hugs her tightly. Showing her wife how DEEPLY she is loved. Charlie lets Bianca do so for a while, before she HAS to end the hug. Must get out of here and sort out how she feels ……about Bianca, and ESPECIALLY about her deceased wife Joey.

Charlie quickly makes her way to the car park and drives off. Destination …………Charlie’s brain is too lost to think of such a thing right now.

Bianca, in shock, re-enters the diner. Ruby immediately sees this ……and goes over and hugs her ……..….

Bianca [as she starts to cry] “She’s gone, Rubes. She’s gone.”

Ruby hugs Bianca even tighter ……and hopes, like her stepmom, that Charlie & Bianca will be together once more in the future.

THE END !!!!!

Some of the stars of “Couple Of The Year” ……

1. Ruby, Sasha, Lottie and Rosie

2. Emma, Rikki, Cleo and Bella

3. The Tanders – Garth, Sebastian, Leanne and Scarlett

RSLR1_zps475eee68.jpg

h2oboxse.jpg

20132-Tander-EV13-13-3639_zps7c4a0f37.jp

Archived