Another departure.

Guest Dingo x

Actress Jordy to leave Neighbours

Neighbours actress Jordy Lucas has announced that she is leaving the soap after almost three years playing Summer Hoyland.

The 20-year-old actress - who joined the show in 2009, taking over the role of the feisty young student from Marisa Siketa - is preparing to film her exit scenes for the Australian soap and her departure will air in the UK in early 2013.

Jordy revealed on Twitter: "Yes, I am leaving Neighbours. It's been three wonderful and happy years of my life. I couldn't be more grateful. Who knows what lies ahead!"

She also confirmed the news to TV Week, saying: "I've had a fantastic three years at Neighbours, and I am really looking forward to what my future has to offer."

Budding journalist Summer has been nursing a broken heart this year after splitting from boyfriend Andrew Robinson.

Source.

EDIT: Just found this:

'Neighbours' confirms new Summer Hoyland romance

Neighbours bosses have revealed that Summer Hoyland will have a new romance before she departs Ramsay Street.

Earlier today (September 3), Jordy Lucas - who plays Summer - announced that she will be leaving the soap in the coming weeks. Her final scenes will air in early 2013.

Show chiefs have now confirmed that life will be far from quiet for Summer before she makes her exit.

An official statement on Channel 5's Neighbours website explained: "The drama isn't over just yet - Jordy's exit storyline is set to raise a few eyebrows, with Summer finding herself embroiled in a romance that will test her moral compass."

More details on the final storyline are expected to be disclosed later in the year.

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 in the UK, and weekdays at 6.30pm on Eleven in Australia.

Source.

Confirmation from Jordy herself:

k4tis6.png

Hard not to cheer at this one, Summer's become even more unbearable lately.Shame, since the character showed such promise when she first came in.Can't help pondering if the new romance will be Rhys, there was an episode a while back, I think it was at Jade's birthday party, where they seemed to be flirting.That would be interesting.

I am sad to see her go, but only because I wanted Sum and Andrew back together, I loved her in 2010 and when she was with Andrew but after her break-up with him (I must admit) she has been effing me off, but I still love Sumdrew no matter what and was hoping they would get a happy ever after. <3 But obviously they won't. </3

Thanks Dingo x for letting us know.

It should be interesting to see how she leaves the show (storyline wise) - whether there will be any scenes with former Neighbours characters such her grandma Lyn Scully and her half brother Charlie, maybe even her Dad Max and/or her brother Boyd or that she will just leave surrounded by friends from the neighbourhood.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if anyone is still reading this thread, but Jordy has filmed her final scenes.

Neighbours star Jordy Lucas has filmed her final scenes for the soap.

The actress, who announced her decision to leave earlier this month, bowed out from the role of Summer Hoyland this week after three years in the part.

Lucas told fans on Twitter today (September 21): "Have said goodbye to my friend Summer. Now preparing to board a plane to a wonderful place tomorrow. I'm excited!!!"

Meanwhile, Lucas's former co-star Gemma Pranita - who recently left the role of Jade Mitchell - tweeted: "And that's a wrap for the beautiful @jordy3392. Sending her love as she bids farewell to Summer Hoyland."

Neighbours bosses have promised that the build-up to Summer's exit will involve "a romance that will test her moral compass".

Early reports have suggested that Summer's new man will be older guy Bradley Fox (Aaron Jeffery), the tough new deputy editor at the Erinsborough News, who is already on screen in Australia.

Lucas joined Neighbours in late 2009 after show chiefs decided to recast the role of Summer. Marisa Siketa had previously played the part on and off between 2002 and 2007.

Source.

Archived