Taylor Swift's new album/new single

Guest MatildaHunterFan

Hey guys!

So yesterday/earlier today Taylor Swift announced in a live web chat that her new album, that comes out on October 22nd is called "Red".

The first single is "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together", is available at itunes and is the fastest selling number 1 single ever! It went to #1 after 50 minutes.

Has anyone heard it yet? I love it. :)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just had a listen to "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" and I can already tell it's going to be one of those that NEVER leaves your head once you've heard it. It's quite catchy. Not exactly my favourite Taylor song, and it's got a rather different sound to her usual stuff, but.... I think she could just pull it off. It's whether her fans that are drawn to the "princess singing fluffy, harmless love songs" will see the attraction to what sounds more edgy than her usual stuff.

It'll certainly be interesting to see how well received it is in the end.

WANEEGBT kinda sounds like Avril Lavigne, both in terms of Taylors voice, and the song itself sounds very much like an Avril Lavigne one. In my opinion.

I've just had a listen to "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" and I can already tell it's going to be one of those that NEVER leaves your head once you've heard it. It's quite catchy. Not exactly my favourite Taylor song, and it's got a rather different sound to her usual stuff, but.... I think she could just pull it off. It's whether her fans that are drawn to the "princess singing fluffy, harmless love songs" will see the attraction to what sounds more edgy than her usual stuff.

It'll certainly be interesting to see how well received it is in the end.

WANEEGBT kinda sounds like Avril Lavigne, both in terms of Taylors voice, and the song itself sounds very much like an Avril Lavigne one. In my opinion.

Yeah, there's been LOT of discussion going on on Taylor Connect, the official forum. People think the song's not enough country or complaining about the cover, her straight her, I'm starting to get a bit sick of it.

And you're right, it does sound like early Avril Lavigne, one source told everybody as clue that it sounded like early Avril. I really, really like it and I'm definitely going to buy "Red".

• 3 weeks later...

I heard We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together on the radio this afternoon. And was surprised to hear it's by Taylor Swift I have only heard Love Story by her. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together is very diffrent but it's quite catchy I like it. :rolleyes:

Hopefully won't get brainwashed by hearing it too much.

Archived