Unusual plot holes in H&A

Guest baystar

Hey everyone, it's my first post here and I'm super excited to have my account finally approved - so hello from me!

I wanted to discuss unusual little plot holes in H&A. I'm absolutely not picking holes in the show because obviously I love it but now and then there are really odd little inconsistencies in the plot and I wondered if these are just mistakes or perhaps because Channel 5 in the UK cut some of the scenes out.

Case in point - a few weeks ago Roo and Harvey had a picnic together. Harvey ate some oysters and had an allergic reaction and started choking, it was very dramatic. An angry Roo stormed back into the Diner to complain about the oysters. Later, Leah or Irene (I can't remember exactly) accused Colleen of putting oysters in the picnic basket - but Colleen denied she had put oysters in there. The big dramatic hook was set - who had mysteriously put oysters in the picnic basket...?

And then...

Nothing! It's not been mentioned since as far as I know? I'm not sure it particularly counts as a plot hole but I found it really weird that they seemed to be going somewhere with it but then suddenly it all went quiet and wasn't mentioned again.

I'm sure there are other examples. :lol:

Hello baystar and welcome!

One I can think of is a while back. Gina was experiencing stomach pains leading John to think she may be pregnant then suddenly all was Ok and it was never mentioned again, what happened there?

Hey everyone, it's my first post here and I'm super excited to have my account finally approved - so hello from me!

I wanted to discuss unusual little plot holes in H&A. I'm absolutely not picking holes in the show because obviously I love it but now and then there are really odd little inconsistencies in the plot and I wondered if these are just mistakes or perhaps because Channel 5 in the UK cut some of the scenes out.

Case in point - a few weeks ago Roo and Harvey had a picnic together. Harvey ate some oysters and had an allergic reaction and started choking, it was very dramatic. An angry Roo stormed back into the Diner to complain about the oysters. Later, Leah or Irene (I can't remember exactly) accused Colleen of putting oysters in the picnic basket - but Colleen denied she had put oysters in there. The big dramatic hook was set - who had mysteriously put oysters in the picnic basket...?

And then...

Nothing! It's not been mentioned since as far as I know? I'm not sure it particularly counts as a plot hole but I found it really weird that they seemed to be going somewhere with it but then suddenly it all went quiet and wasn't mentioned again.

Yes, that was all very odd. I was expecting to find out that it was Harvey in some weird attempt to bring he and Roo closer, but nothing came of it.

And then...

I'm pretty sure that Harvey admitted that he brought the oysters. It was a quick throw away line. It wasn't snow allergy but food poisoning

Yes, that was all very odd. I was expecting to find out that it was Harvey in some weird attempt to bring he and Roo closer, but nothing came of it.

I was expecting it to be his ex wife trying to poison him or something.

I'm pretty sure that Harvey admitted that he brought the oysters. It was a quick throw away line. It wasn't snow allergy but food poisoning

Ah, Home and Away loves a throwaway line! Blink and you'll miss it. There was a bit set up about inviting Madge Wilkins to Coleen's leaving party which was wrapped up with a throwaway line. I'm not sure if I find it sloppy or hilarious!

Hello baystar and welcome!

Thank you! :lol:

I thought of another dropped plotline. When Xavier was in hospital (once again) after his surfing accident, I'm Sid mentioned something about him maybe having a weak heart? Obviously they didn't go down this route as he wouldn't now be in the police.

• 2 weeks later...

There were big holes in Charlie Bucktons final scenes as well. Why did the police not know that Jake Pirovic was being released and why have we not heard how long he went to jail for. You could have driven a coach and horses through the holes in this story. Ruby's diabetes was often forgotten as well.

I think Irenes health problems will disappear as well.

Archived