Unbroken

Guest Lucii

Omg I loved it! It was so adorable! :wub:

Oddly enough too I can actually imagine Brax as a baby!

That doesn't always happen for me when reading fics about characters when they were young!

It's probably your fantastic description Lucii! :wink:

Really looking forward to the next chapter! :D

Love Laura xxx

Thanks for the comments they're all so lovely to read and they help me think of fic ideas! :) love reading them. Been updating Sworn to secrecy and kinda forgot about this so i’m struggling for ideas atm in both fics :P here’s the next part x

Chapter Two

The sun shone through the gaps which the curtain didn’t cover the next morning. It was quite early and the bright Aussie sun woke Cheryl Braxton immediately and as she turned over she noticed she was lying in an empty bed. She lazed around in her bed peacefully until Darryl started screaming at the top of his high pitched baby lungs. It was 7am, and it was the first time that Cheryl had to go see Darryl through the night as David said he’d take care of the night shift for the first week. She scooped up her bundle of joy into her arms and rocked him, singing lullabies to stop his cries. She got him ready and dressed in a little cute blue babygro with matching blue bootees, Darryl Braxton was now ready to meet the Braxton family.

David was downstairs with the TV flickering in the background and was smoking while he read the newspaper. On seeing his wife and baby he stumped out the cigarette and gave both a huge kiss. Cheryl sat down on the couch and you could notice the tiredness in both Cheryl and David.

”I never knew just how hard having a kid would be” Cheryl said as she looked from Darryl to David.

”Yeah I know baby, but he’s worth it” David replied in return. He put his arm around Cheryl’s waist and she winced a bit because her stomach was still in pain. David sensed this and instead reached out for Darryl. Cheryl handed him over and David stood gazing proudly like any proud father.

”I love you. I love us as a family” he said smiling at his wife as she kissed him on the cheek.

”We love you too”

Cheryl got up to make breakfast while David held baby Darryl. They both got ready, taking it in turns to watch the baby before putting him down for a little nap before the family came to visit the new arrival. Cheryl and David sat on the couch.

”We should take advantage of the house being practically free” he smirked as he kissed Cheryl and rubbed his hand up her thighs. She responded then pulled away, tensing up.

”I’m sorry it just hurts”

With that, the sounds of the baby’s cries filled the house and Cheryl scarpered out of the room. David wasn’t fazed by what had happened and focused entirely on the TV. The doorbell sounded and David got up ready to greet the entire family. He opened the door to find his mum wearing a massive hat as if she was going to a wedding. His dad stood beside her grinning proudly at his tired son. Neither of the three spoke but their eyes brimmed with tears at the thought of the new arrival. They all went in to sit in the front room. Cheryl brought down Darryl and gasps from David’s mum sounded in the room.

”He is so beautiful” she cried with delight taking this angelic grandchild from Cheryl and into her own arms.

”He’s going to break a few hearts” David’s dad spoke as he glanced over his wife’s shoulders.

”He’s not getting a girlfriend until he’s 30 no wait 40. I’m his mummy I’m his number one girl!” Cheryl replied and the four laughed.

The doorbell sounded again and again. Cheryl’s mum and dad came and spoke pretty much the same words as David’s mum and dad. Sisters and Brothers, Aunties and Uncles, grandparents and cousins arrived in pairs or more with their families and soon the house was crowded. Presents were received and thanks were given. Darryl was passed around to each family member. Photographs were taken, beers were drank. The girls gossiped about babies and husbands. The men chatted about sports and girls. Everybody seemed to be having a having a good time. The doorbell sounded again and pretty much everyone in the room wondered who it could be. David got up and answered the door, shocked at who he would come face to face with. They stood at the door well more like collapsed against it whilst balancing a crate of beer on their knees. They were obviously drunk and David rolled his eyes as he came face to face with a man he wanted no-where near his son.

”What the hell are you doing here” David whispered trying not to catch any attention from anyone in the living room.

”Now that...that is no way to speak to your brother is it now Daveeeeey? And I...I am an uncle and I would like to see my nephew”

”You gave up that the day you started on the dope man”

”I have changed”

”Yeah? Well tje smell from your clothes say otherwise...now get the hell out of here”

”You know what...Go to F**K”

David’s brother pushed David to the side and furiously stormed his way into the living room. The happy chattering died down as everyone felt the unwanted presence in the room. They all started uncomfortably at one another and no one spoke while this mysterious guy glared at everyone in the room. Cheryl Braxton found herself cuddling Darryl closer to her chest for comfort.

”Keith” at last someone spoke. David’s mum shifted to her feet and made her way to where her drunk son was staggering on the spot. Without warning she slapped him across the face, causing gasps from everyone in the room and cries from Darryl and all the other family members under five. She sat back down. And there in the middle of the room stood a 28 year -old red-faced Keith Braxton, disowned by his family.

Archived