The Dark Horse

Guest LauraPhilly!!

Thanks to all of you for your lovely comments!

I really appreciate the positive feedback! :)

Here's the next chapter!

Let me know what you think! :D

Chapter 21

Aden Jefferies was dreaming peacefully.

He was on his rugby pitch, about to take the shot that would win them the League.

The crowds that had gathered to watch had fallen silent.

His fellow team mates watched him as Aden lined up the ball.

The oposing team stood ready, ready to run the minute the whistle went.

Stepping back a few steps from the ball, Aden surveyed the length from the ball to the posts.

It was a long reach, could he make it?

Taking in a deep breath, he crouched ready to run.

He began his approach, the ball loomed closer and closer.

Aden's leg swung forward....

Then he girlfriend Belle screamed beside him, and jumped out of the bed quickly.

Aden groaned as he came back to reality.

Reality where Belle woke up early every morning, puking her guts out.

Not just in the mornings!

Into the afternoon aswell!

For Christ's sake, it's morning sickness," he thought, growling to himself. If it's meant to carry on into the afternoon, why the hell did they call it that! The morning finished at 12! Not bloody 3 o' clock!"

He growled and got out of bed, and into the bathroom where Belle was bent over the toilet.

"How it's going babe?" he said sleepily, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

Belle threw him a dirty look.

"How d'you think it's going?" she said, her eyes narrowed like snakes.

Aden sighed. "Just asking sweety!"

"Don't call me that!" snapped Belle, turning back to the toilet, preparing herself again.

Aden ignored this, and bent down beside.

"D'you want me to stay?" he asked softly.

Belle faced softened as she saw his, and she fell back into the circle of his arm.

"Yes," she said, wrapping his arms around her tightly.

He kissed her hair.

"We all knew this was going to be hard babe," he said.

Belle sighed. "Hard is me driving without crashing! This is not hard! This is unbearable! It's not like I signed up for this Aden!"

"I know babe, I know," said Aden, smoothing her hair.

"I just wish - " but she couldn't finish her sentence.

Belle suddenly lurched forward and vomited noisily into the toilet.

Aden rubbed her back comfortingly.

Wiping her mouth and groaning, she relaxed back into Aden's arm, and closed her eyes.

"I'm so tired," she said, barely whispering.

Aden sighed; this baby was taking all the energy out of her.

"D'you think you can go to bed?" he asked, stroking her cheek. "Or d'you think you're going to be sick again?"

Belle sighed, her eyes still closed.

"No, I think I'll be ok for now. I think I can sleep for awhile longer!"

She began to get up but her knees buckled under her. Luckily Aden caught her before she hurt herself.

"Babe, here, let me do it," he said.

Carefully, he put one arm under her leg, and one at her back, and lifted her off the ground.

She wound one arm around his neck, and laid her head against his chest, closing her eyes.

Gently lowering her onto the bed, he pulled the duvet back over her.

"Stay with me," she murmered.

Aden chuckled.

"Babe, it's five in the morning," he said. "The only place I would be going now is bed anyway!"

She managed to roll her eyes before closing them again.

"I can't remember being so tired before," she said, as Aden slipped into bed beside her.

"Are you sleeping ok?" he asked, pulling her against his chest, softly.

"Well, apart from waking to be sick every few hours," she said. "I'm sleeping ok."

Aden sighed.

"I wish there was some way I could help you," he said, stroking her bare arm.

"You're here," she said, holding him close. "That's enough!"

He smiled and kissed her forehead.

"I love you," he murmered.

But Belle had fallen back to sleep, her head against Aden's chest.

Slipping his hand under the cover, Aden laid his hand on her less flat stomach.

The bump wasn't very obvious, but as Belle was so petite any weight gain was immediatly obvious.

Aden ran his hand over the small bump.

"If you only knew how much pain you're causing," he murmered to it, before snuggling up to Belle again, closing his eyes and falling asleep.

"Good afternoon kids," said Irene, as she walked into the living room and saw Aden and Belle curled up on the sofa. "You slept in late!"

"Well, we were up early because Belle was...."

"Say no more darl," said Irene, smiling sympathetically at them both. "I know neither of you asked to be in this situation. For what it's worth, I think you're doing a great job! Especially you girly," she said, looking at Belle.

Belle smiled back weakly; she was still completely drained. Her head was pounding, her throat was hurting from being sick and her tummy was still churning. The only good thing about her current position was that she was curled up in Aden's arms.

Aden watched her close her eyes again and lay her head against his chest. He hated that he couldn't do anything. Belle was having to live with this pain, and he couldn't share it with her. How he longed to do that, to help her in any way he could. But for now, all it seemed he could do was be there for her. He wouldn't be anywhere else.

As Irene cooked lunch in the kitchen; chicken stir fry, Aden and Belle stayed curled up together on the sofa, with Aden singing their song 'My Heart Will Go On' in her ear. Aden only stopped singing when he heard a soft snore coming from the back of Belle's throat.

Lifting her up carefully, he looked up at Irene, "I'm going to bring her back to bed ok," he whispered. "She was up nearly two hours I'd say before she woke me up! She exhausted."

"Ok, darl," whispered Irene, watching him anxiously as he led Belle back into their room.

"How's she doing?" she asked, when he'd closed the door and walked back into the kitchen.

"Honestly?" said Aden, taking a seat beside the counter. "She's just about coping I'd say. If anything all this is just making her dislike the baby even more. She can't wait for the nine months to be over and for her to hand it over to the adoption family!"

"Did she actually say that?" asked Irene, widening her eyes.

Aden nodded solemly.

"I had no idea she feels this way about it," said Irene, shaking her head in disbelief. "I know she doesn't want it yet, doesn't feel ready for the responsibility, but this! This worries me greatly."

"I feel the same Irene, although I can kinda of see why she feels like that."

"Really, how?" asked Irene, intently.

Aden jaw was stiff as he spoke. "Well this baby is obviously a product of what.....what happened. I think she feels dirty or something, like this guy is on her, or he's trying to hurt her again. She sees the baby as another form of...him."

Irene gasped and shook her head.

"I hate saying it Aden darl, but that does make sense," she said.

Then she saw Aden's pained face. "How are you coping with it love?" she asked, taking his hand. "This must be so hard for you."

"From time to time it is, yeah," said Aden. "Especially now, when she's like this. She really hates this, hates being sick, hates it all. When I think that it's because of him that she's hurting so much, it's drives me crazy!"

"Aden now, don't do anything stupid!" said Irene sternly. "This exact same thing happened with Robbie and Tasha, and Robbie almost lost it at Jonah for what he did! He could have got in serious trouble, and so could you if you act on your feelings! Belle needs you now! Don't do something that could take you away from her! It would destroy her and you know it!"

Aden nodded. "I know. It's just hard not to think it sometimes Irene! The anger and hate just bubbles up inside me and I can't stop it!"

"This is just a bad patch Aden, I promise you," said Irene. "When Belle's pregnancy is over and the adoption has been finalised, everything can go back to normal for you two! A new start!"

"But's that's the problem Irene," said Aden. "It won't be able to go back to normal! Not after everything that's happened! And the baby, when she gives away the baby, I....."

"Aden, what are you saying?" asked Irene, frowning.

Aden gulped and looked up at Irene.

"I want Belle to keep the baby!" he said, without falter. "I want her to keep it, for us to get married and to be a happy family! I want to be this babies father! I want to love it like it's my own!"

Irene paused momentarily, shocked by this revalation.

Then she shook her head. "But Belle wants to give it.....Aden there's always time, you and Belle can have your own baby one day, when you're married and settled. It'll be perfect. He'll have Belle's temper and your good looks!"

She laughed but Aden stayed quiet, causing her to stop.

"Aden, what's wrong?" asked Irene, approaching him anxiously. "You're hiding something and it's hurting you. Please tell me!"

Aden couldn't look her in the face, instead he looked at the floor.

"This baby is our only chance Irene....for children."

"What d'you mean?" asked Irene, afraid that what she was thinking was true.

"I can't have children," said Aden slowly. "I just can't!"

"You mean you can't or you won't?" asked Irene.

Aden looked at her sadly.

"I can't."

They stood there, still and silent; Aden looking at Irene sadly, she looking at him in shock.

Then Aden heard a loud moan coming from the bedroom, saw the door burst open and Belle run into the bathroom, her hand covering her mouth.

He took one last look at Irene's face. She was still in shock.

"I'm sorry," he murmered, then hurried into the bathroom.

Comments?

x x x x

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for the long gap in updates.

An unexpected incident occured recently and I have.....struggled to cope with it.

I'm sorry if this chapter is not as good as some...

I would like to dedicate this chapter to my best friend.....who is now with the angels.

Chapter 22

Dear Diary,

I wake up every morning, hoping this was all a dream.

But then I remember the little person growing inside me. I have to mind myself. I owe it to this child. He or she didn't choose for this to happen. I cannot take the blame out on them.

They will be the lucky ones. Aden and I will find them a loving family who will take care of them and help them mature into beautiful adults. I will make sure of this.

I owe it to them.

It is hard to believe now that I once hated them, for how could I hate a beautiful helpless baby. I am now in my second month, and getting better everyday, I feel. I am growing acustom to my body changing.

I thought I would find it harder than this, but I have surprised myself. Infact, I kind of like it. I like being able to eat as much as I want and not have to worry how fat I get....I'm fat anyway!

But some days are still a struggle. I see Aden look at my bump sadly. When I catch his eye, he looks away quickly, trying to hide his feelings. But he cannot hide them, for I know him too well.

I know he wants this baby. I know, in some way, he is already falling in love with this baby. He even forgets it is not his sometimes, I'd say. If only you knew how it looks at it. Like the way he and I look at each; with unconditional love.

He doesn't care who the real father is, he still loves it. He sees it as my baby, and how can he hate something that is a part of me.

He is right in that respect, this baby is apart of me. But I am unsure how to feel about it. Aden and I have agreed to give it up for adoption, and I know this is the

right thing, for I am too young to take care of a baby.

It deserves a family who are ready. Who will love it and take care of it! I could love it but could I take care of it...? I wouldn't want my baby to suffer, I want it to be happy, always happy.

Aden and I are meeting a potential adopting family today. The adoption centre sent over a pile of files for us to go through. Aden is willing to help but his heart and mind is not really in it. He reads the page, sighs heavily and glances over at my bump.

I can almost see what he's thinking. He sees himself holding up a little baby girl or boy in his arms. They are both smiling and laughing. He thinks of it and he smiles. It pains me to hurt him like this, but it would pain me even more if I was to hurt my child.

To think, this is all my unborn baby. I love it enough to want the best for it. This much I know.

I must write off now. The adopting family will be here soon and I must get ready.

Talk soon,

Belle xxx

Belle signed off, closed her book and put it away in the drawer.

She got up off the bed and left her room, closing the door behind her.

As she walked into the kitchen, she could hear Aden and Irene whispering furiously.

"I hate this Irene, I just hate this," Aden was saying.

"Well then if you hate it so much, tell her," said Irene. "She probably knows it already. The pain your feeling is visible on your face Aden!"

Aden began to defend himself, but gave up. What was the point?

"Is it really that obvious?" he asked.

Irene smiled at him sadly as Belle walked into the kitchen.

"The Murphys should be here in a minute," she said, seeing the wall clock.

"Very odd name Murphy," said Irene, thoughtfully. "I don't think I've heard it before."

"It's Irish," said Aden. "This family live in Ireland. They've come all the way over here to meet us!"

"God, they must be keen," said Irene.

Aden nodded.

"Apparently, it's quick tricky to adopt in Ireland at the moment," he said.

Irene smiled sadly at him.

There was a minute's silence and then the doorbell rang.

Putting her hand on the lock, Belle took in a deep breath then open it wide.

A tall, brown haired smiling lady stood in the doorway with her similarly tall blonde haired husband.

"Hello, we're the Murphys," said the lady, holding out her hand. "My name is Imogen and this is my husband Sean!"

"Nice to meet you Imogen," said Belle, shaking her hand. "Sean."

"Please, come in," said Aden, leading them into the living room.

"I'll leave you guys to it," whispered Irene to Belle, and she ducked out the backdoor quietly.

"So," said Belle, joining Aden on the couch beside her. "We found your file rather impressive but we would like to know a bit more about you, if that's ok?"

"Yes, of course," said Sean, kindly, launching into it. "Well, we live in the south, in a beautiful seaside town called Cobh. My wife is a primary school teacher and I'm a neurologist in the County's main hospital, in Cork."

"That's very impressive," said Belle, smiling intently. "And how do you propose to fit caring for a baby around your work?"

"Well," said Imogen, leaning forward. "My husband only works four days out of the week, as there are plenty other neurologists in his department, and I work five days a week, from ten in the morning to four in the afternoon."

"I see," said Belle, making some small notes. "And may I ask why exactly you are not able to conceive children on your own? If that's not awkward of course."

"Um....no, that's ok," said Imogen, exchanging a glance with her husband. "I had breast cancer just over two years ago, and while the chemo and the radiotherapy killed my cancer, they also made me infertile."

"Oh...," said Belle, sadly. "I'm so sorry."

Imogen smiled back at her lightly.

"Aden, honey, is there anything you'd like to ask Imogen or Sean?" asked Belle, looking at him.

Aden lifted his head, smiled at the Murphys politely but shook his head.

"No, I don't, thank you."

And with that, he got up from the sofa and left the room.

Belle looked after him uncomfortably.

"I'm sorry," she said, turning back to the confused Murphys. "My boyfriend and I have different feelings towards this. It is nothing to worry about I assure you."

"If you don't mind me saying Miss," said Imogen lightly. "But, the baby is his child too, his feelings should be taken into account."

Belle swallowed uncomfortably.

"Yes, I amaware of that, thank you," she said.

She pressed on, asking the Murphys about their living conditons etc. before finally smiling widely at them.

"Well that's all the questions I have for you," she said, leading them to the door. "I'll let you know what I decide."

"Thank you so much for seeing us," said Imogen, shaking Belle's hand. "We greatly appreciate it."

Belle smiled back at them, and closed the door once they'd left.

Walking into her room, she saw Aden sitting on their bed, his back facing her.

"Aden," she said, uncertainly, walking around beside him.

He didn't look at her, but stayed looking at the ground.

"Aden, I know you don't like this," she said. "But I really think we're making the right decision! The Murphys were so lovely. I think they would be a great family for this baby!" she said, putting her hand on her stomach.

Aden suddenly got up from the bed and walked towards the door.

"Where are you going?" asked Belle, alarmed.

"Out," he said, quietly.

"Can I come with you?" asked Belle, standing up quickly.

"No!" he almost shouted.

Belle froze, shocked by his tone.

"I mean," he said softer. "I rather just be alone."

"Ok...." said Belle quietly.

He looked back at her quickly, a touch of heartbrokeness on his face, then left the room quickly, closing the door behind him.

Belle moaned quietly and collapsed onto her bed, curling up in a ball.

Tears rolled down her cheeks as she thought of the pain Aden must be going through.

It broke her heart to see him so upset.

But it seemed nothing she could do would make him feel better.

Except....

"But that's not an option," said Belle, fiercly. "We made this decision and we're sticking to it."

Picking up her mobile, she dialled in a number, heard the ring and put it up to her hear.

"Hello....Imogen," she said. "This is Belle. I've made my decision," she said.

She paused, looking down at the picture on her dressing table of her and Aden, that day on the beach.

"I would like you and Sean to adopt my baby."

Let me know what you think...xx

Thank you so much RR1 and Georgia for your touching comment!

The support really means a lot!

Here's the next chapter anyway! :)

Let me know what you think!

Chapter 23

"Irene! Irene, you have to help me!" cried Belle, bursting into the kitchen.

"What is it love?" asked Irene, looking up from her newspaper.

"It's Aden," cried Belle, her eyes wide with fright. "He's scaring me Irene! I don't know what to do! He won't talk to me properly anymore! He won't hold or let me touch him! He shys away from me! I don't know what to do!"

"Ok, ok, shh," said Irene, getting up and patting Belle's hair. "This stress isn't good for the baby! You have to calm down!"

"Yes of course, the baby," said Belle, patting her three month old bump. "Sorry, I'm just so worried. Everyday is worse the one before it. I feel like I'm losing him Irene. I feel we're drifting apart."

Irene looked at her sadly.

"Love, I really don't know what to suggest," she said. "Aden's taking this even harder than I expected!"

"I don't know what to do!" cried Belle, wringing her arms. "I can't lose him Irene! I just can't!"

"You won't lose him love, I promise," said Irene. "Whatever Aden is feeling, I know he would never leave you!"

"But Irene, he is as good as gone," said Belle. "That boy in their," she said, pointing to her bedroom. "Is not my boyfriend! He's changed Irene! So much! And he's hurting! And it's all because of me!"

"You can't be saying things like that," said Irene, sternly. "None of this is your fault! Your doing what you think is right for the baby! Aden just has to accept that!"

"You see, that's the thing Irene," said Belle. "He's says he's ok with everything. Every time the Murphys come over he is pleasant, he is a gracious host! The old Aden is almost back! But then they leave, and the dark holes return in his eyes! His soul is drifting away Irene!" she cried, desperately. "I see it fading, everytime I look into his eyes!"

"Belle - "

"Maybe I'm doing the wrong thing!" she said. "Maybe I should keep the baby! It can't be that hard....?"

"But what about the Murphys?" asked Irene. "It'll crush them Belle if you tell them no! They already love the baby so much!"

"I know," said Belle, walking into the living room. "Oh I hate this so much," she said, just as Aden walked into the room.

"Aden, how are you love?" asked Irene, smiling at him.

Aden looked at her, tried to smile back but somehow couldn't pull it off. He looked over at Belle and saw the scared look in her eyes as she studied his face.

"Hey, are you ok?" he asked, hurrying over and bending over her. "Is it the baby? Are you hurting?"

"No, I'm fine," said Belle, in a small voice. "Aden, can we talk?"

Aden's momentarily anxious face turned back into stone again in a second.

"Eh....sorry, I have to go out," he said, not meeting her eyes, standing up straight and heading for the door. "I'll be back later."

"But Aden....," said Belle, but he was already gone.

Irene looked at Belle, anxiously.

A tear rolled down Belle's cheek.

"He spends most of his time outside these days," she said, not looking at Irene, but instead rubbing her bump lightly. "It's like his trying to avoid me. Avoid the pain."

"Hey, hey," said Irene, rushing over as she saw a stream of tears rolling down Belle's eyes. "It'll be ok, you'll see!"

"How will it be?" asked Belle, bursting into tears, and staining Irene's shirt. "I hate this Irene! Everything's changing! I'm losing the man I love over a baby we can never have!"

Irene didn't know what to say, instead she just held Belle as she cried, rocking her comfortingly in her arms.

Outside, Aden had taken up his normal place on the beach.

He was just sitting, staring out at the crystal blue ocean, the bright shining sun and hearing the waves crashing against the sand.

This was the only place where he felt at peace.

Being home with Belle was necessary at times, what with her being only twenty and three months pregnant with some strangers baby.

It shocked Aden though how much he already loved this baby.

He didn't realise how much until Belle told him that the Murphys had agreed to adopt their baby.

No wait....her baby.

For that's what it was. What Belle always referred to it as.

Her baby. Not theirs. Just hers.

She made all the decisions to do with it, no matter if it hurt Aden or not.

This was still her baby.

"Hey!"

Aden was pulled out of his thoughts to see Nicole standing beside him.

"Hey," he said quietly, as she sat down beside him.

"What's up?" she asked, smiling.

Aden sighed.

"Nothing much," he said, drawing circles in the sand.

"I'd have thought you'd be with Belle and the baby!"

Aden looked at Nicole. She was giving him her 'I know what you're thinking' looks.

"I just can't at the moment Nic," he said, looking out at the ocean. "It hurts too much."

"Hurts?!"

Aden nodded.

"Is it possible to still love someone but no be able to stay in the same room as them?"

Nicole frowned.

"Aden...what are you saying?"

Aden looked at her. His face was clearly troubled, Nicole noticed.

"I'm saying that I don't know if I can stick by Belle anymore......I don't know if I love her!"

Let me know what you think!!

xxx

Hey, sorry for the long gap in updates!

I seem to be saying that all the time! Lol! :P

Anyway, here's the next chapter!

Enjoy! :)

Chapter 24

"Aden, this is ridiculous!" said Nicole. "Of course you love Belle! You're just going through a tough time! It's understandable how you're feeling! But, I know you love Belle, I just know it!"

"How can you be so sure?" asked Aden, miserably.

Nicole sighed exasperately. "This is you and Belle, Aden! Everybody is town knows you're both head over heels in love with each other. You're like Summer Bay's version of Edward and Bella! You two are meant to be together. You love her Aden!"

"I want to love her Nic," said Aden, desperately. "I really do, but lately I just can't. I just look at her and feel nothing. And I hate myself for feeling this way. She's so beautiful, so kind, so caring. How could I not love her?"

"Aden - "

"But then I think of what she's doing, what she's planning on doing, and how I feel makes sense," he said. "She's giving away a piece of herself. I don't understand how she can do that Nic!"

"Aden, you have to see this from her point of view," said Nicole. "This baby....it all happened because of what that vile man did to her. To her, he's still with her while she carries this baby. She just wants to escape from it! But she can't, Aden! She cares enough about this baby that she couldn't abort it! She's doing what she thinks is right! For her and the baby!"

"But she's in the baby too Nic!" said Aden. "A part of her is in it too! And she's is so amazing that that guy won't even show in the baby!"

"He'd still be there Aden," said Nicole, sadly. "Living on through her baby. She's frightened of that. I can tell."

Aden stared out into the ocean, his mind spinning. All this information was overwhelming.

"Aden, you're not thinking of leaving Belle are you?" asked Nicole, quietly.

Her voice was shaking, Aden noticed. Afraid of what his reply would be.

When he said nothing, Nicole began to panic.

"You can't leave her Aden! It would destroy her! No, you can't leave her, I won't let you! I'm not going to let you hurt her."

"Nic, Nic, calm down," he said, grabbing her hand which was pulling his shirt violently. "I'm not going to leave Belle."

Nicole looked sceptical.

"I won't Nic, I promise," said Aden, earnestly. "I don't think I could even if I wanted to. It even hurts to think about it."

Nicole smiled slightly.

"And you say you don't love her," she said.

Aden frowned.

"If it hurts to think about leaving her Aden, then of course you love her."

Aden smiled, knowing she was right.

"Thanks Nic!" he said.

"What are you going to do now?"

"I'm going to stand by her," he said, earnestly. "Even though it might hurt, I love her, and I want to be with her forever."

Nicole grinned, and hugged him tightly.

"I knew it," she said. "I knew it, deep down. You couldn't stop loving Belle if you tried Aden!"

Aden chuckled. "I think you're probably right!"

Nicole smiled.

"You better be getting back," she said. "Belle will be getting worried."

"Yeah," said Aden, standing up, pulling Nicole up with him.

"You're what keeps her going, you know," she said, smiling at him. "She told me!"

Aden was in awe for a moment.

"She told me, she wakes up sometimes, in the middle of the night. Nightmares. But then she sees you. Sees you're peaceful face as you sleep. That's what keeps her sane. She can go back to sleep knowing she's with you. You mean the world to her Aden. Never forget that!"

Aden smiled.

"Thanks Nic, you really are the best sister a guy could ask for!"

Nicole laughed.

"Can you believe we use to try to get each other into bed?"

Aden laughed. "What were we thinking?"

"I don't think we were," said Nicole, and they both burst out laughing.

"Go!" said Nic, smacking his arm, as they finally stopped laughing. "Or Belle will really start freaking out!"

Aden grinned and ran quickly up the beach and down the path back home.

Irene looked up from her newspaper as she saw Aden running past in the window, and walking in the front door.

"Where have you been?" she asked, unimpressed.

"For a walk," said Aden, grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge. "I met Nicole on the beach! Hey, where's Belle?"

"I put her to bed," said Irene, still unimpressed. "She'd been crying and was exhausted so I helped her into bed. She fell asleep about half an hour ago. Or at least she stopped crying about half an hour ago."

Aden put the bottle on the counter and looked at Irene guiltly. "I'm sorry Irene," he said.

"What for?" she asked, frowning at him.

"For thinking of myself before Belle," he said. "How I'm feeling is unimportant. I should have been focusing on Belle and helping her through this. I been selfish, and I'm sorry."

Irene sighed, and closed the paper.

"It's not your fault darl," she said. "Everyone's selfish every now and again. This time it was your turn."

"How is she?" he asked, walking towards the door nervously.

"Why don't you go in and find out for yourself...?" said Irene, smiling at him lightly.

Opening the bedroom door quietly, Aden slipped in the room.

Belle was curled up under a of blankets, her hand resting on her bump, somewhat protectively.

As Aden lay down beside her, she stirred.

"Hey!" he said, kissing her softly on the cheek. "I didn't mean to wake you up!"

"You came back," she murmered, looking up at him. "I was afraid you wouldn't."

Aden felt even worse as he heard the nervousness in her voice.

"I'm sorry, babe," he said, softly. "I just had to go out for awhile; clear my head. But everything's sorted now. I'm here now, and I'm never going to leave you! I promise!"

Belle closed her eyes and smiled.

"I love you," she said.

Aden smiled, leaned down and kissed her lips softly.

"I love you too," he said.

Belle smiled, turned to curl up into his chest and fell asleep again, Aden's arms wrapped around her.

"Isn't it so beautiful?"

Belle smiled at she looked at at the sparkling sun, which was glinting at the water. With Aden's arms wrapped around her waist, and she nestled into his chest, Belle didn't think she could be any happier than she was now.

Aden scoffed.

Belle looked at him surprised.

"What, you don't agree?"

"No I don't," he said, grinning at her. "Not when you're here! There's no comparison!"

Belle rolled her eyes, and nestled back into Aden's chest.

"D'you think it's possible to be any happier than this?" she asked.

Aden quickly swallowed the lump that was in his throat.

"No, I don't," he said, kissing her bare shoulder. "I have you, and that's what makes me happy."

Belle smiled and pulled away from him, still holding onto his hand.

"C'mon," she said, pulling it. "Let's walk!"

He groaned but followed her nonetheless, determined to keep his arms wrapped around her waist, which made walking very difficult.

Finally they collapsed onto the sand.

"Argh, Aden, you are so stubborn," said Belle, hitting him lightly.

"That's why you love me babe," he said, grinning and kissing her passionately.

When they were just about to get properly into the kiss, Belle gasped suddenly, and clutched her tummy.

"What, is something wrong?" asked Aden, immediatly panicking.

"No, I think the baby just kicked," murmered Belle, in awe.

"What, are you serious?" said Aden, his eyes almost popping out of his head.

"Yeah!" she said, quickly grabbing his hands and putting them against her bump.

They waited, quietly and patiently, and then gasped when they both felt the kick.

"Oh my God, that's amazing!" said Aden.

"Yeah, it was," said Belle, grinning.

"That's your baby, Belle," he said, kissing her forehead. "Your baby!"

"Yeah," said Belle slowly, as she felt the kick again.

"My baby..."

Let me know what you think please!!

x x x x x

Thanks to Carina, Steph, RR1 and Georgia for your lovely comments! :)

Btw, I've posted Part 1 of the final chapter in Having Faith if any of you want to check it out!

Chapter 25

"Belle honey, c'mon, we're gona be late for your ultrasound!" said Aden, as the clock struck 12.45. "The Murphys are coming too, so it would be better if we got there first!"

"I'm coming, I'm coming," said Belle, walking out of their room, wearing her new maternity clothes which hugged her round tummy comfortably.

"Wait!" she said, turning and opening a cupboard door.

Aden sighed as he saw her take out a large packet of chocolate and slip it into her bag.

"What?!" asked Belle, surprised. "I'm eating for two aren't I?" she said, putting her arm in his and walking out the backdoor, laughing.

Although the plan had been to get there before the Murphys, they were already waiting patiently in the Maternity Ward's Waiting Room when Aden and Belle arrived.

Imogen immediatly jumped out, closely followed by Sean, her hands out and her eyes on Belle's tummy.

"How are you? How's the baby?" she asked, barely taking her eyes off the bump.

Belle smoothed her hand over it consciously. "Well we're about to find out aren't we!" she said.

Once Rachel had led them to the examination room and spread the gel over Belle's bump, the procedure began.

While Sean remained calm and patient, Belle noticed Imogen was hopping up and down with anticipation. Her eyes flickered from the machine to Belle's bump and back again. It made Belle feel slightly uncomfortable.

"Now, here we are," said Rachel kindly, as the image of the baby appeared on the screen. "All the signs are good. Baby looks completely healthy!"

"Oh thank God!" said Imogen, sighing with relief and smiling at her husband, who smiled back just as happy.

Aden squeezed Belle's hand, but she didn't feel she could look around.

"Belle honey, one look won't hurt," Aden whispered in her ear.

Keeping her hand tight apon Aden's for support, Belle took in a deep breath, looked around and saw her baby on the computer screen.

She gasped as she saw in moving, and laid her hand on her tummy.

"Wow!" she said, in awe.

In all their fascination with the baby, they didn't see Rachel frowning as she examined the screen more closely. She picked up the toggle again and smoothed it over Belle's tummy, examining the baby from different sides.

"What's wrong?" asked Belle and Imogen suddenly seeing her furrowed eyebrows.

"Um....well, this is rather embarassing," said Rachel, putting down the toggle again. "I don't know how we didn't notice it before!"

"Rachel just spit it out please," said Aden, panickly.

Rachel smiled. "Belle, it appears you're carrying twins.

Imogen gasped, while Belle, Aden and Sean stared at Rachel in amazement.

"Are you serious?" asked Aden, suddenly jumping up and closely looking at the monitor.

"How come we can't see it?" asked Imogen, leaning in too.

"Here, I'll show you," said Rachel. "Now, here's baby number one," she said, pointing at this screen. "And behind here, is baby number two!"

And then they all saw it. While baby number one stayed still, baby number two finally moved giving them all a clear picture.

They were all gobsmacked.

"I'm can't believe we're getting twins," said Imogen, hugging Sean tightly.

Belle froze. This was all happening way too fast. Was she going to give both her babies to the Murphys. Giving up one would be hard enough, what about two!

Belle didn't know however whether she should say anything or not.

"Babe, are you ok?" asked Aden, seeing her anxious face, he put his hand on her cheek.

Belle took it and smiled bravely at him.

"Yes, I'm fine," she said. "It's just a lot to take in that's all!"

"Oh thank you so much for this," said Imogen, smiling widely at Belle and Aden. "This is all that we could have ever dreamed of, and more! Thank you!"

"Would you like to know the sex?" Rachel asked Belle.

"No!" said Belle, quickly. Imogen looked crestfallen. "No, I want to wait until the birth!"

"How about Dr. Armstrong, you just tell myself and Sean?" she asked, almost begginly. "These babies are partly ours now too and we would like nothing more than to know whether they are both boys, or both boys or one of each!"

Rachel looked at her surprised.

"You're suggesting that I tell you, a complete stranger the hospital's eyes, the sex of Belle and Aden's babies before even they know?!" she tutted disapprovingly. "I don't think so Mrs Murphy! I don't know how things are done where you are from but in this country, we have a strong policy of patient confidentialitly. If Belle wishes to know, and tell you that's different. But as she doesn't, well....."

Imogen looked taken aback.

"Yes, of course," she finally said. "Of course, what was I thinking?"

"I don't feel there was a need to treat my wife in that way Dr." said Sean, stepping forward, a frown plastered across his face. "She was just merely asking."

"I understand that Mr Murphy," said Rachel. "But if you're wife had some initiative, she would have known not to ask!"

"Excuse me," said Sean, furiously.

Belle suddenly winced, and put her hand on her tummy suddenly.

"Belle!" said Aden, reaching forward, worried. "What's wrong?"

"The babies," she said, smoothing her hand over her stomach. "They can hear your angry voices!" she said to Rachel and Sean. "They don't like it! Please stop!" she said, sternly.

Imogen put her hand on Sean's. "The babies," she told him. "Remember the babies!"

Sean continued to glare at Rachel but finally stepped back.

There was silence throughout the room until Imogen put her hand on Belle's bump suddenly, causing Belle to jump up.

However Imogen didn't seem to notice. She kept rubbing her hand over Belle's bump.

"Aden mentioned before that you had felt a kick," she asked Belle, not taking her eyes, or hand, off the bump.

"Yes, I did," said Belle, uncomfortable with this situation.

"Oh I wish it would kick for me!" said Imogen. "How I would love to feel our babies, for the first time!"

"You'll have plenty of time with them in five months time," said Rachel, finally speaking up. "How about I print you off some pictures of the babies," she said, leading them out.

Imogen grabbed her hand suddenly. "Oh that would be fantastic, thank you!"

Rachel smiled at Belle as she left and Belle was very grateful, Rachel had done this to give Belle and Aden some time alone together.

When the door was closed, Belle relaxed and smoothed her hand over her bump. She felt the babies kick lightly and she smiled.

"The babies are kicking again," she said. Aden grinned and laid his hand on her tummy, he smiled as he felt the kick too.

"Did you realise how they didn't kick for Imogen," said Belle. "Which was odd, because they were kicking the whole time until she put her hand on my tummy. They could tell it wasn't us!"

"What, so they don't like her already?" said Aden, chuckling.

Belle shrugged. "I dunno," she said. "But it's not a great sign, is it?"

Aden chuckled.

"I wouldn't look too much into it love," he said, patting her hair gently. "Imogen and Sean will make great parents. Did you see Imogen? She almost wet herself with excitement!"

Belle laughed. "Yes that was rather funny!"

Aden laughed for a moment, then sighed.

"Can you believe you're carrying twins?" he asked. As he said 'twins' the babies kicked lightly. Belle and Aden chuckled as they felt it.

"I know," said Belle. "It's very unbelievable!" Then she groaned. "I'm going to be huge!"

Aden chuckled and leaned forward and kissed her forehead.

"You'll still be the most beautiful girl in my world!" he said, smiling adoringly at her.

Belle smiled back, picked up his hand and kissed it.

Then there was a knock on the door and Rachel peered her head around the door.

"I just thought you might like some photographs," she said, handing them to Aden. "The Murphys have gone home, after I insisted about twenty times. From the look on your face Belle, it looked like you'd had enough for today!"

Belle smiled. "Thanks so much for everything Rachel!"

Rachel smiled back. "It's just part of the job!"

Then she closed the door and left Aden and Belle alone again, as they discussed more over their new twins.

"You're having twins!" exclaimed Irene.

"Shh!" said Belle, as she felt the twins flinch in her tummy. "Your voice is too loud! You're scaring them!"

"Oh, I'm sorry dear," said Irene, as Aden and Belle curled up on the couch opposite her armchair. "I just can't believe it."

"Yeah, neither can we," said Aden, smoothing his hand over Belle's bump. "It was so amazing though Irene! Seeing them both!"

"Did you find out the sex?" asked Irene, curiously.

"Well, Rachel knew but Belle decided not too," said Aden, smiling at Belle. "You can imagine how disappointed Imogen was!"

"I'm sure," said Irene, disapprovingly. "It's Belle's baby, she had ever right to decide! Tough if Mrs Murphy was unhappy!"

"Rachel and Sean got into a bit of an argument over it," said Belle, from where she was snuggled against Aden's chest. "The babies didn't like it! I could feel it!"

"Amazing how they can already feel how you're feeling Belle," said Irene. "You were obviously tense about the situation and they felt it too! Amazing!"

"And they didn't kick then when Imogen put her hand on Belle's bump," said Aden, grinning smugly.

Irene goggled at them. "Well there's something aint it!"

Belle sighed, her eyes drooping. Aden saw this. "D'you want to go to bed, babe," he said.

"Yeah, I think I will," she said, as Aden helped her stand up. "It's been a long day!"

"You head off to bed love," said Irene, heading for the kitchen. "I'll make you you're favourite hot chocolate!"

"Thanks Irene," said Belle, smiling at her wearily, as Aden supported her with his arms.

Irene smiled and took out the ingredients. A few minutes later, she heard a call from the bedroom.

"Don't forget the mini-marshmellows, and the packet of Oreos in the cupboard!"

Comments?

x x x x x x

• 2 weeks later...

Well I think I must have some of the nicest readers ever! :D

Thank you all so much for your amazing comments!

The feedback is so helpful, and I'm glad everyone's enjoying this fan fic!

I promised you an update last weekend.....but I failed you all!

Sorry about that! :blush:

Let me know what you think! :)

Chapter 26

"Oh my God," groaned Belle, sitting up against the headboard, folding her arms, frowning down at her large bump.

"What's up babe?" asked Aden, sitting up too and wiping the sleep out of his eyes.

"The twins won't stop kicking!" she complained! "I can't get to sleep!"

Aden chuckled and smoothed his hand over her stomach. The babies responded with a kick.

Aden raised his eyebrows. "They're quite exuberant, aren't they?" he said, grinning at Belle.

Belle sighed. "Trying sleeping with them!"

Aden thought quietly for a minute.

"How about we try singing to them?" he asked. "They might settle if they hear some soothing voices...?"

Belle raised an eyebrow. "Um.....ok," she said slowly. "But you have to go first!"

Aden chuckled but bent his head down towards her tummy. Suddenly the songs of Oasis filled his head.

"Hold on....hold on.....don't be scared! You'll never change what's been and gone! May your smile...shine on...don't be scared! Your destiny will keep you warm!"

Belle listened to Aden singing softly to her babies, she felt their kicks grow softer and eventually cease. She smiled, closed her eyes and lay her head back on the pillow, listening to his beautiful voice.

Aden's eyes were closed now two as he sang the song. He felt it's effect; with his hand on Belle's tummy, he felt the babies final kicks. In his mind, he could almost see them falling asleep to the music.

"Cos all of the stars are fading away....just try not to worry, you'll see them someday...take what you need, and be on your way and stop crying your heart out...

Belle drifted in and out of sleep as she listened to Aden singing. The babies had definately gone to sleep. Daddy's voice had sent them off into peacful sleeps.

Then Belle's eyes popped open. Had she just said Daddy?! Had she been unconsciously thinking of being a Mum, of having children?

She shook her head to herself, and closed her eyes again, but her heart still thumped loudly at that shocking thought. She tuned back into Aden's singing to hear him coming to the end of the song.

"....take what you need and stop....stop crying your....heart....out!"

He smiled at himself and then opened his eyes and looked up at Belle.

"I think that worked," he said, grinning at her.

Belle smiled, and put her hand against his cheek.

"You are so amazing!" she said softly. "You knew how to calm those babies down when I didn't! You're going to make a great Dad, Aden!"

There Belle went again, and she knew it. But this time Aden heard it and both of them froze.

"I mean in the future," said Belle quickly, trying to cover up over her mistake. "When we have children....your going to be great!"

It took a few moments for Aden's eyes to pop back into their sockets but they did, and he took a deep breath.

"I think I'm gona go back to sleep now," said Belle, rubbing her bump. "Seeing as you calmed down the babies, I can sleep now! Hopefully they won't wake up any time soon!"

She laughed, and so did Aden, but Belle could tell it was forced.

She lay down on the mattress again and pulled the duvet up. Aden stayed sitting up, staring down at his hands.

"C'mon," said Belle, taking one of them and pulling him down. "You know I can't sleep while you not around!"

And as he lay down, she put both of their hands on her bump, snuggled her head into his neck and closed her eyes.

Aden patted her hair as she drifted off to sleep. He watched her bump rise and fall as she slept, smiled at it slightly, then fell asleep.

"How are my two favourite people this morning?" said Aden, bounding into the kitchen, and wrapping his arms around Belle from behind.

She laughed as he snatched the piece of toast out of her hand and stuffed it in his mouth, before kissing her.

"Ewww, Aden stop!" she said, snapping away his arms. "Your getting toasty breadcrumbs all over me!" she complained, brushing them away from her mouth.

"Well babe, they gave you a lovely beard that's for sure!" said Aden.

They was silence, Belle glaring at Aden, trying not to smile. Suddenly, she grabbed a cushion from the sofa, threw it at him! He dodged it neatly but didn't see the second one coming! It hit him right in the chest and he rolled off onto the couch!

Belle laughed and jumped on after him.

"Oh the pain, the pain!" cried Aden.

Belle giggled. "Surely the cushion didn't hurt you...?!"

But Aden still continued to moan in pain. Belle rolled her eyes and pulled him up onto the couch.

"Where does it hurt sweety?" she asked.

Aden put on his puppy dog eyes, and placed one finger on his lips.

Belle grinned. "Oh it hurts there does it?" she said, leaning forward and kissing them.

He moaned in pain again.

"Nurse, Nurse!" he cried, pulling her closer. "I need more help, I need more help!"

"Ok, ok," said Belle, wrapping her arms around his neck, kneeling in and kissing him passionately.

Aden got up on his knees and gently pushed her onto her back so she was lying on the couch. Still kissing her, he lowered himself down, so he was almost touching her, but carefully not to put pressure on her bump.

Belle grinned as she kissed him, and pulled him closer. Lifting up her legs, she wrapped them around his waist, trapping him in her hold. Before things could get anymore passionate, there was a tinkling gasp from the kitchen.

They jumped apart and looked to where the noise came from. Imogen and Sean were standing in the backdoor, a look of shock plastered across Imogen's face.

"Guys, what are you doing here?" demanded Aden, helping Belle up from the couch, keeping his arms wrapped protectively around her waist. He looked at the clock and frowned. "It's only eleven o' clock! We were going to meet you at the Surf Club at one!"

"Oh I know that," said Imogen, walking straight into the kitchen, pulling four lunch boxes from a shopping bag. "I just wanted to drop a few things over! I hope we're not interrupting anything!"

She raised an eyebrow, as she saw Belle's string top strings hanging off her shoulders, her little shorts pulled up untidily, Aden's ruffled hair, bare chest and untidy trousers.

Aden quietly growled at her but managed to say, "No, nothing at all!"

"Excellant!" said Imogen, beaming at them.

"What is it you wanted to drop off?" asked Belle, eyeing the contents of the lunch boxes warily.

"Oh just some special foods I made for the baby!" said Imogen, opening the fridge and slotting them into an empty shelf. "Got to make sure our babies our eating the right things! Some people are incapable of eating heathily!"

Belle gasped, trying to step forward, but Aden held her back. "Are you suggesting I don't eat heathily? That I'm putting my babies health at risk?!"

"No, of course I'm not," said Imogen, retreating slightly. "I'm just trying to help out thats all! We don't want our babies living off just chocolate and sweets!"

"Why you - !" snarled Belle, throwing away Aden's arms. "You obviously think Imogen that I don't care about these babies, that I want to just get rid of them! But you're wrong; I care about these babies like you have no idea! I am giving them up for adoption because I am afraid I wouldn't be a good enough Mother for them! That I'm too unexperienced! Because I want these babies to have the best possible life, and the best possible parents! I love them Imogen! I love them so much I am willing to give them away so they can be happy!"

Imogen stood there, looking taken aback. Sean stood behind her, clearly uncomfortable with the situation. Aden stood at the very back, a silent tear trickling down his eye.

"So don't you dare tell me I don't care about them!" cried Belle, a tear falling down her cheek now too. "I love them even more than you ever will!"

Glaring at them both one last time, Belle left the room, going into her room and slamming the door behind her.

Aden was now alone with the Murphys. He didn't have to say much though, they quickly left, seeing it was time to go.

"I wouldn't be surprised if I were you, if we changed our minds!" he said, as they left. Imogen turned back to look at him terrified. "You guys better watch your mouths or you'll be getting no baby in four months!

And he slammed the door behind him, making it clear to them his thoughts too.

Let me know what you think! :D

x x x x

Thanks so much for all your comments Tele, Carina, RR1, Adelle_fan1000 & Scotcaz22!

I really appreciate it!

Here's the next chapter! :D

Warning: Words of a Sexual Nature are included in this chapter!

Chapter 27

"Belle, honey!" asked Aden. "Could you come out here for a moment?"

Throwing her pregnancy megazine on the floor, Belle tried to get up from the bed. Within seconds, she groaned and fell back on the bed.

"Aden, I little help please!" she called loudly.

Aden came hurrying in and, putting one arm behind her back, helped her stand up. When she did, she stretched and patted her bump absentmindly.

"This thing is getting so huge!" she complained, as they walked out to the kitchen. "Why on earth did I have to have twins?"

Aden tried to stifle a laugh but Belle saw it.

"It's ok for you, you know," she said, seeing his grin, and she couldn't help grinning herself. "You haven't got a continent sticking out of your tummy!"

"'Continent' was a good thing to call what Belle's bump resembled now, thought Aden. It was even too big to call it a bump but Belle kept calling it that so she wouldn't have to face reality over how huge it was.

"So, what was it you had to tell me?" asked Belle, sitting down on one of the swirly counter stools.

"Oh was just wondering why we're booked in for Childbirth Classes today at 3.30pm?"

"Well I want to be prepared don't I?" said Belle, taking a bar of Cabury's out of the cupboard and ripping it open. "So do you! D'you realise how much screaming I will be doing while trying to push these craters out! A lot!"

"Well it's ok, I can just leave the room...." began Aden, but then seeing Belle's murderous glare he began backtracking. "Which of course is a stupid idea! Why would I wana be outside when I could be with my screaming, halfway-through-labour girlfriend!"

"You are not leaving my side throughout the entire thing," said Belle, as he walked over to her. "I'll need someone's hand to squeeze when I pushing these babies out!"

"As long as my hand isn't permanently injured, that's fine," said Aden, kissing her forehead.

Belle looked up at him guiltily.

"I can't be sure of that!"

They both laughed until Aden made to take a square of chocolate from Belle's bar. She stared at him in shock as he did so.

"What, has this chocolate got your name written across it too?" demanded Aden, in astonishment.

"Aden honey, while I'm pregnant," said Belle, looking at him seductively. "Every chocolate bar has my name on it!"

"And I want Mommies to take a deep, clensing breath for me," said Olivia, the Co-ordinator.

As Belle and the rest of the pregnant ladies took in a deep breath, Olivia mimicked them for encouragement.

"Good," she said, smiling at them all. "Now, I want all Mommies and Daddies to get into the giving-birth position I showed you at the start!"

Belle and Aden avoided each other's eyes carefully as she said 'Mommy and Daddy'. They had not told Olivia yet that they weren't planning on keeping the babies. Instead of bringing the awkward conversation up, Belle and Aden did as Olivia asked and formed the labour position; Belle inbetween Aden's legs, while he held up hers from behind.

"Good, very good," said Olivia. "Now Mommies, I want you to imagine your vagina is opening" - Aden almost vomited at this - "and your baby is about to enter the world!"

Belle felt at loss at what to do. She had to raise her hand to ask.

"Sorry, but how do we exactly do that?" she asked.

"Let me see," said Olivia, thoughtfully. "Ah yes, I know what to suggest! Imagine you are in a field, and you see a flower blooming in front of your eyes. Can you perhaps do as the blooming flower?"

"Um, yeah, I'll try," said Belle. Olivia smiled, and got up, walking around to the other families. "Has she ever been in this situation?" snarled Belle, leaning back, laying her head in Belle's lap.

"Babe, you're the one who suggested this," said Aden, playing with her hair.

"I did," said Belle. "And I don't regret it. I just find this part of it a little challenging!"

There was a knock on the door behind them, and in entered Imogen. Spotting Aden and Belle, she walked over to them quickly.

"May I join you?" she asked, smiling lightly.

Aden looked at Belle, who was frowning however she said, "Yes, I suppose you can."

She sat up against Aden's chest now, and did not look at Imogen for the rest fo the session.

Childbirth classes proved to be quite useful, Aden couldn't help thinking at the end. Olivia taught them what to do if they were stuck somewhere and the Mommy had to give birth in the car. She gave a detailed analysis of what to expect during the birth. Aden had to excuse himself as Olivia spoke about the placenta and the umbilical cord having to be removed.

"Would I seriously have to do all that in an emergency?" he asked as they left, Imogen following them quietly from behind.

"Unless you want me to die there and then of course....?" said Belle, laughing.

Then spotting Imogen behind them, a thought occured to her, making her spin around to face her.

"How did you know we were here?" she demanded.

Imogen gulped, looking guilty.

"Well I....I called around to apologise for my behaviour yesterday, but the house was deserted," she said. "I couldn't help myself, I had to know where you were, where the babies were and if they were alright."

"Wait, let me get this straight," said Belle, already knowing what Imogen was going to say. "You let yourself into our house without permission."

"Well, your backdoor was unlocked," she said, trying to cover up for her mistakes. "You've no idea what its like for me. I've lost my last three babies. Adopting is Sean and mine's only choice. I have to know every minute how the babies are. I'm scared that something will happen to them like did to my three boys."

Belle stared at her thunderstruck.

"I'm sorry if I'm forward, I'm sorry if I'm rude and intruding," she said, beggingly. "I swear to you, I'm not usually. It's just these babies mean the world to me. Sean and I are so close to having the perfect family we've always dreamed of having. I'm just scared that something's going to ruin that."

"Imogen, I - " began Belle.

"I never meant to say or imply Belle that I thought you were harming the babies," pleaded Imogen. "You've no idea how grateful Sean and I are for you, both of you, giving us your babies. It's something neither of us will ever be able to repay. All I can do is keeping saying thank you. And even that will never be enough."

"Imogen - " Aden tried to say.

"This was always going to be the last resort," said Imogen, now not really looking at them, tears sparkling in her eyes. "Sean and I have tried everything. For two years we tried to conceive naturally. We tried IV. Three beautiful baby boys I've lost. Three! The pain is unexplainable. I think it is my fault. Something is wrong with me that I can't carry children. It's all my fault. I killed my children!"

"Listen to me Imogen," said Belle, grabbing her hands. "You didn't kill your babies! How could you, when you just openly declared how much you loved them? These things happen for a reason Imogen, and none of us can stop them happening! So please, please don't blame yourself. None of this is your fault! None of it!"

And with that, Belle flung her arms around her neck and hugged her tightly. Imogen hugged her back tightly, tears finally escaping from her eyes, she now cried silently into Belle's shoulder.

Comments would be much appreciated! :)

x x x x x

Wow, all your comments are amazing!

Thank you so much RR1, Steph, Carina, Georgia & Mrs L.

Your comments mean so much to me! :)

Here's the next chapter!

Chapter 28

"Here, get that into you," said Aden, handing Imogen a steaming mug of coffee. "Always does the trick for me!"

Imogen took a sip, and smiled as she felt the warm liquid trickling down her throat.

"Hmm, thanks!" she said, smiling, as Aden sat down beside Belle on the couch, pulling her close.

"Guys, I'm so sorry," said Imogen, uncomfortably, as she fidgeted with the charms on her bracelet. "For everything, really I've been so horrible to you. I'm lucky you haven't chucked our file in the bin."

"Don't be silly," said Belle, smiling at her. "You have nothing to apologise for. We should be the ones saying sorry. We never once considered what you or Sean have been through. We've been self-centred."

"No, you haven't," said Imogen. "You've been a worried Mum. I wouldn't blame you. I would want the best for my children too. And I swear to you Belle, and Aden" she said, reaching forward and taking Belle's hand. "Sean and I will take care of your babies. We will give them everything they want and they will be loved like no other children have ever been loved."

Belle smiled and squeezed her hand. Then Imogen jumped a little as she heard the phone ringing in the kitchen.

"Excuse me," said Aden, getting up to answer it.

"D'you mind me asking you something?" asked Imogen, as Aden closed the door into the kitchen, as he spoke on the phone.

"No, of course," said Belle. "What would you like to ask?"

"Why do you and Aden not want to keep your babies?"

Belle gulped, uncomfortably. She had been expecting this sort of question from Imogen but this knowledge left her none-the-wiser on replying.

"That is very difficult for me to answer," began Belle, keeping her eyes fixed on the floor. "I guess I feel, Aden and I feel that we're just not ready for children yet. I was brought up told that you should have steady jobs and be married before you have children. It's only fair on them. You don't want your own children growing up in an unstable environment. I want the best for these babies, and at the moment, I don't feel I have the resources to provide the best to them. Maybe in a few years, when we're ready...."

"Yes, of course," said Imogen, smiling at her. "When you're ready, you and Aden can have lots of children. You will be so happy. I can already tell you're going to be a great Mother someday Belle."

Belle smiled back at her weakly. It still pained her to think that she and Aden would never really have children of their own. That a part of them would never live on and breath, carry on their family.

But Belle's pain was distracted as the twins kicked lightly against her stomach.

She automatically rubbed her tummy, soothing them.

"Oh, are they kicking?" asked Imogen, excitedly.

"Yes," said Belle, grinning at her excitement. "Would you like to feel?"

Taking Imogen's hand, Belle gently pressed it against her bump. There was a short pause and then the babies kicked against her hand.

"Oh my God, I felt them!" said Imogen, estatically. "I can't believe I felt them!"

"Amazing, isn't it?" said Belle, rubbing her bump happily.

"So amazing!" said Imogen.

Then the kitchen door opened again and Aden re-entered the room.

"Well, I best be on my way," said Imogen, standing up and gathering her belongings. "Thanks for the coffee Aden, it was just what I needed. Thank you both of you for being so understanding!"

And then, she let herself out, waving to them as she passed the window.

"Who was that on the phone?" asked Belle, once she'd gone. "You were in there quite awhile."

"Oh it was the police station," said Aden, wrapping his arms around her shoulders. "Peter's back in town and has taken over your case; they're going to try and find the man who...."

Belle shuddered at the thought. She could only remember flashes from that night but they still haunted her dreams.

"Well, from what they've gathered from your statement, it appears this man was a known rapist," said Aden, his tone cold, as he did not like discussing this topic. "Several other women have given similar statements of the man's description and they match yours. They haven't got any suspects yet but Peter's confident they'll find him!"

"I see," said Belle. And the more she thought of it, the more clearly she could see the man's face, as he crept nearer and nearer her. The babies, feeling her distress, kicked against her tummy.

"It's ok, babies," said Belle, smoothing her hand over her tummy once again. "Mummy's fine, don't you worry."

Aden froze for about half a second over the Mummy word but managed to shake it off.

"I'm going to go shopping, d'you want anything?" he asked, his tone light again.

"I left a list on the counter," said Belle, walking over, picking it up and handing it to him.

Aden read it quickly and then looked dismayed.

"Belle, this entire list is comprised of chocolate and sweets," he said, gaping at her. "Surely you can't want all these..??"

Belle raised an eyebrow at his exasperated look.

"Why would I have put them on the list if I didn't want them?" she asked, in an obvious tone.

Aden shook his head in disbelief.

Seeing his face, Belle sighed and grabbed her jacket and handbag.

"C'mon," she said, putting her arm in his, and leading him out the backdoor. "If I don't come with you, who knows if you'll buy the stuff or not?!"

Aden couldn't believe his eyes as Belle loaded all the shopping on the conveyor belt. The list that she had made up had somehow doubled and now most of their shopping was taken up by sweets, chocolate, fizzy drinks and Belle's favourite, popcorn. The only other items were Aden's bottle of aftershave, two boxes of teabags and a pair of fluffy socks.

What was worse was Aden had to carry the loaded shopping bags from the shop to the car, as it wasn't safe for Belle to be carrying such heavy weights in her condition. All she did was sit back into the car and admire herself in the mirror, as Aden nearly broke his back lifting the bags into the boot.

"When this whole pregnancy thing is over, I'll be over the moon," he said, as they drove out of the carpark. "Man, my arms are killing me!"

"Your arms! Yours arms!" demanded Belle. "How d'you think my back is carrying around two sets of babies?? How d'you think I feel?"

Aden looked at her, expecting her to be angry, but instead a big grin was plastered across her face.

"What you smiling at?" he asked, grinning now too.

"Well, maybe lifting all those shopping bags gave you an idea of what it's like for me," she said, deviously.

Aden laughed. "Well thank God I'm not a girl then," he said. This earned him a smack on the arm from Belle.

"Oi! Haven't you caused my arms enough damage?" he demanded.

Belle laughed the whole way until they got to the Surf Club.

"I'll just be in the bathroom," whispered Belle. "Get me an orange juice, would ya?"

"Two orange juices please Tony," said Aden, approaching the bar.

"Aden, how are ya mate! How Belle?" he asked.

"Yeah, she's good," said Aden. "This whole pregnancy thing is driving me mad though?"

"Oh really, why?" asked Tony, anxiously.

"I go to the bank everyday to take out some cash, and by the end of that day, my pockets are empty from taking Belle shopping!"

They both laughed, and as Tony served Aden's his drinks, Aden's phone rang loudly in his pocket.

"Hello!" he said, putting it up to his ear.

"Get in here now!" hissed Belle.

"Why, what's wrong?" said Aden, hurrying over to the bathroom.

"Aden, I'm so scared!" said Belle, and Aden could tell from her voice she was crying.

Bursting the bathroom door open, Aden saw Belle standing, teary-eyed, waiting for him.

"Babe, what's wrong?" he asked, anxiously, wiping a tear from her eyes.

Belle looked down to where her hands were curled around her bump.

Then she looked up at Aden with blood shot eyes.

"I'm bleeding!"

And all in that second, Aden's world came crashing down apon him.

Comments? :)

Thanks for all your comments!

I hate leaving you all in suspense so here's the next chapter! :)

Chapter 29

"Aden, I'm scared!"

Aden and Belle were driving along the busy road and at Belle's worry Aden's honked loudly and pressed down on the accelerator hard.

"Just take some breaths babe, you gotta keep calm for the babies sake!"

Finally they reached the hospital.

"Rachel, you've gotta help us," said Aden, as they burst through the ER doors.

"Ok, ok," said Rachel, hands out. "What's wrong Belle? Are you in pain?"

"Rach, I'm bleeding," said Belle.

"Ok, come in here," she said, leading them into the nearest observation room. "Now when did the bleeding start Belle."

"Um....I'm not sure," said Belle, lying down on the bed. "I went to the bathroom about twenty minutes ago and I noticed the blood. I don't know how long its been happening though!"

"Rachel, what's wrong?" asked Aden, frantically.

"Look, I'm not sure," said Rachel, solemnly. "I'm going to run a few tests ok. Now in the meantime Belle, I want you to stay as calm as possible, can you do that for me?"

"Ok, I'll try," said Belle, her arm wrapped around her tummy.

"I'll be back in a few minutes," said Rachel, hurrying out.

"Aden, I'm so scared," said Belle, grabbing his hand and pulling him close.

"Babe shh, Rachel said you have to stay calm!" said Aden, smoothing her hair with his hand.

"But what if somethings wrong with the babies!" cried Belle. "I can't lose them Aden, I just can't!"

"You're not going to lose them, I promise you," said Aden, determindly, though he was just as worried as she. "Come here," he said, pulling her close and hugging her. "It's all going to be alright, you'll see!"

Rachel was back in a few minutes and quickly began by examining Belle's uterus visual and then on the ultrasound. She took a couple of samples and ran them off for tests.

Aden and Belle waited patiently, anxiety running through them like wild fire. They were all relieved when Rachel came back with a relaxed smile on her face.

"Everything's fine," she said, smiling at them both. Aden and Belle both sighed in relief and hugged each other tightly. "It was just some spotting. Though it rarely occurs in the second trimester. However, that's all it is. You and the babies are fine Belle!"

Belle smiled widely at her for a few minutes then burst into tears, crying into Aden's shirt.

"She's just relieved," said Aden, kissing her head. "So am I! We were both so worried. Thank you so much for everything Rachel!"

"Yes, thanks Rach," Belle managed to say through her crying.

"I'm just happy I could help," said Rachel, smiling. "Now all you have to do is fill out some forms and you can go home. Just remember to take it easy Belle. You're six and a half months gone, you'd want to think about taking it easier!"

"Six and a half months?!" said Belle, surprised. "That's odd, I was sure I was only five and a half months gone."

She frowned for a minute then shook it off. "I must be getting amnesia!"

"I'll make sure she takes it easy from now on!" Aden told Rachel. "Thanks again."

"No problem, now would you like to come and fill out those forms."

Aden waited and helped Belle get up from the bed before he grabbed her hand and wrapped the other around her waist securely before following Rachel out to the reception.

"Now I want you to sit down and do nothing!" ordered Aden, as they got in the door. "Whatever you want, whatever you need, I'll do it for you! Deal?"

Belle rolled her eyes at him.

"Honey, you already do everything for me as it is," she said, grinning at him. "Please just let me do one thing!"

"No!" said Aden sternly. "Not after today! I'm taking no chances!"

"Aden, I'm fine, we're fine," said Belle, patting her bump. "You don't need to worry about us every second of the day, you know!"

"Yeah, but I do anyway!" said Aden, wrapping his arms around her waist, and smiling at her lovingly. "I love you too much not to think of you Belle!"

She smiled and kissed him lightly on the lips.

"I can't get you out of my head either," she admitted.

Aden smiled and kissed her softly, his lips lingering on hers awhile.

"Hmm, I feel like a bubble bath," said Belle, finally pulling away. Then she grinned at him deviously. "Want to come with me?!"

Aden grinned and withing five minutes they were both in the bath, sitting at either ends, with mountains of bubble bath encircling them.

"I didn't think you were too fond of baths," said Belle, as Aden blew a handful of suds in her face.

"Babe, I'm not doing this for the bath," he said, grinning seductively. "I'm doing it cos my extremely hot girlfriend is sitting opposite me, naked and covered in foam!"

Belle giggled as he leaned in and kissed her passionately.

She looked into his eyes as he pulled away.

"You know I love you," she said, smiling at him softly.

He kissed her again.

"Yeah I do," he said. "And I love you too!"

Belle froze for a minute then suddenly showered him with bubbles.

"Belle, no!" he cried, retreating quickly. "You'll get it in my eyes!"

Belle burst out laughing as he rubbed his eyes free of suds and glared at her.

"You're going to regret that!"

"Really?"

"Yes!" said Aden, suddenly jumped at her so the bath water rose and covered her from head to toe. She gasped it hit her and cascaded down her body. She froze for a few minutes glaring at Aden triumphant grin.

"You did not just do that!"

"Um....I think I did!"

"Aden, I only got my hair done the other day," moaned Belle. "Now its ruined!"

"Aw babe, I'm sorry, come here," he said, stretching out his arms to her and pulling her close. "No matter what you look like babe, you'll always be beautiful to me. Even in your baggy track pants and your pj's, you look seriously hot! It's a gift you have!"

This sobered Belle right up and she snuggled into Aden's arms, lying against his toned chest.

"I'm so happy," she said, closing her eyes and laying back her head. "I wish we could just stay like this forever!"

"Well, it wouldn't be very comfortable once the water turned cold, sweety," said Aden, smiling and kissing her forehead.

"No, not that," said Belle, turning and facing him. "I mean this, you and me. I wish we could stay this happy and in love forever."

"What makes you think we won't," said Aden, kissing her lips softly.

"Well something always happens, doesn't it," said Belle sadly. "I mean, look what happened to Leah and Martha, and Tony. They were once so happy with their lives, with their loved ones but then stuff happened and they were a mess."

"But babe, they are so much happier now!" said Aden. "Tony has Rachel, and little Harry. And both Leah and Martha have coped with their losses. Besides, the ones we truly love, never really leave us. They're always with us."

"How can you be so sure?"

"I feel it Belle," said Aden, quietly. "My Mother, she's always here. She sees me and she sees everything I'm doing and is always watching over me in case anything happens."

Belle looked up at where Aden was looking. "She can't see what we're doing right now, can she?" she asked, looking around uncomfortably.

"No, she's just around," said Aden, gently. "And I know she's always there when I need her."

"That's so sweet Aden," said Belle, smiling at him softly. "You've never spoken of your Mum before!"

Aden shrugged. "I guess I just didn't have anything to say about her."

Belle smiled and hugged him tightly. "Thanks for sharing that with me!"

Aden kissed her forehead. "Thanks for putting up with me!"

"What d'you mean?" asked Belle, pulling away, frowning.

"Well, I was never the easiest guy to get along with but you were patient and you helped me through some tough times Belle," said Aden. "Who knows, I might not be the man I am today if it wasn't for you!"

Belle smiled and kissed him softly.

"Well none of the amazing things would have happened to me if I hadn't been with you! You are my whole world, Aden. I have never loved anyone as much as you, nor will I ever! You are my soulmate! You are my prince!"

And then, they both smiled at each and embraced; they kisses softly for neither of them needed to convey how they felt. They already knew how much they loved eachother.

They were like Romeo and Juliet, but luckier, Belle would one day say. Star-crossed lovers. Their destiny was already written out in the stars, just waiting to unfold and take place. They were meant to be together. For forever and always.

'For what God and Fate have joined together, let no man put asunder.'

Aw, thanks for all your lovely comments everyone!

I really appreciate it! :)

Here's the next chapter!

(Some time has passed in the story just if any of you are confused!)

Chapter 30

"Right so Belle, by the looks of it, you're going to be having a natural birth," said Rachel, examining Belle's file. "So far, there is no health concerns with the babies so my colleages and I are pretty confident!"

Belle grimaced.

"Rach, be honest with me now, will it be painful?"

Rachel grimaced back and Belle moaned.

"Well, from experience, giving birth to one baby is bad enough, you've got two to push out so.....yeah, I'd say it's going to be a rough all time!"

Belle moaned again and turned to hide her face in Aden's chest. He hugged her gently.

They were in the hospital, discussing Belle's options when it came to the birth. Imogen and Sean, who Belle and Aden had asked to come, listened queitly in the corner of the room.

"Any ideas when Belle's due date is?" asked Aden.

Rachel thought for a moment. "Well, your about 8 and 1/2 months gone, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. The babies could come early, they could come late. But if you go over the nine months, we may decide to operate seeing as your caring twins. It would be dangerous to wait any longer!"

Belle nodded. "So, are there any signs I should be looking out for?"

"Well, any discomfort or sharp pains in your lower tummy are contractions, and you're not to make any sudden movements or over-exert yourself from now on, ok!" said Rachel. "When the babies want to come, they'll come, but try not to do anything to hurry that process along!"

"Ok, well thanks useful," said Belle. "Are you going to be doing an ultrasound today?"

"Yes, if that's alright?" said Rachel, pulling the monitor towards her.

Belle pulled up and lay patiently, holding Aden's hand, as Rachel smoothed on the gel and gently pressed the toggle onto her very large tummy.

"There we go," said Rachel, smiling as both babies images popped up on the screen.

"Wow, they've got so big," said Imogen, finally speaking.

"Yeah, they've not got long to go now," said Rachel, grimacing at Belle. "You'd want to prepare yourself."

Belle laughed a humorless laugh and looked up at Aden anxiously. He smiled and squeezed her hand reassuringly.

"We're going to be parents soon," said Imogen, beaming at Sean, who smiled back at her enthusiastically.

"Are you guys all ready yeah?" asked Rachel, smiling at them.

"Pretty much, yeah," said Imogen, grinning. "We haven't painted anything yet because we don't know the sex but we've got plenty of blue and pink cans of pink ready!"

"The room looks so perfect," said Sean. "They've both got separate cots and their own teddies and night lights. The room just looks so cosy! We hope they'll like it!"

"I'm sure they will," said Aden, kindly but Belle looked away while he said this. She still wasn't sure about the adoption thing. She knew she should tell Imogen and Sean, and Aden, but she just couldn't bare to break their hearts like that!

"Right, well we're all done here," said Rachel, wiping the gel off Belle's tummy with a towel. "Remember what I said: no sudden movement!"

"I won't let her forget Rachel, I promise," said Aden, as he supported Belle's back so she could sit up.

"Would you guys like to come back to our house for lunch?" asked Belle, as they left the hospital. Aden was being so careful with Belle now that he wouldn't let her walk anymore without him supporting her.

"No, we can't, sorry!" said Imogen, opening the passenger seat door for Belle. "We meeting Sean's parents for lunch! They're dying to hear everything!"

"Ok, well we'll see you around then," said Belle, as she sat in the car.

"Definately," said Imogen, as she and Sean walked away to their car, waving. "Bye!"

"Right, c'mon let's get you home!" said Aden, starting the car. "I'm going to follow Rachel's advise word for word! You are not doing a thing until the babies are born! I'm not risking it! It's not just dangerous for them, but dangerous for you too!"

"Aden, for God's sake, you're like a mother hen!" said Belle, rolling her eyes at him.

"Better that than a lazy rooster!" said Aden, as they drove down the main road.

Then the saw a sign up ahead; ROAD CLOSED DUE TO AVALANCHE.

"Oh, I heard about that on the news," said Belle.

"Bugger," said Aden, drumming his fingers on the steering wheel. "We better take Baker's Road I perhaps!"

"But that road takes so long!" complained Belle.

"Babe, it's the only other one that gets us home!" said Aden, quickly turning around and driving up the hill towards Baker's Road. "We'll only be a half an hour delayed, you'll see!"

Turning left, they quickly sped down the road. Looking out the window, Belle frowned, not recognising her surroundings.

"Aden, are you sure you're going the right way?" she asked.

"Of course I am!" he said. "Are you doubting my sense of direction?" he asked, mockingly.

"No, it's just I don't recognise anything along here?"

"I'm sure you will in a - " but he got cut off when there was a loud bang and suddenly steam admitted from the bonnet of the car. Then, the car came to a sudden halt, almost causing Aden to crash into a tree.

"Jeez, what was that?" asked Aden.

"You better go and check," said Belle, wearily, laying her head back on the headrest.

Aden got out of the car, lifted up to the bonnet, to which more smoke came pouring out, hitting him right in the face, causing him to cough violently.

Belle frowned as she saw him coughing and attempted to get out of the car when a seering pain shot right through her tummy.

"Oh my God, no!" she moaned, clutching her stomach.

Aden meanwhile was still coughing his guts out.

"Aden, Aden!" cried Belle, desperately.

"Babe, what is it?" he asked, walking over, still coughing.

"Aden, I think the babies are coming!"

Aden's eyes nearly popped out of their sockets.

"What, are you sure?" he asked.

"Well either that or my body is breaking down!" cried Belle, as the pain hit again. "Oh my God, it's hurts so much."

"Ok, stay there babe, I call the hospital, and get them to bring an ambulance!"

He took his phone out of his pocket and dialled in the number.

"I am sorry," said the technical voice on the phone. "You are unable to make this call as a signal cannot be traced. Please try again later. Thank you!"

"Oh dear God, no!" said Aden, waving his phone around, trying to get a couple of bars. "Please don't let this happen!"

"Aden what's wrong?" asked Belle, her voice high with the pain.

"I can't get any signal babe!" he said, desperately. "What are we going to do?"

Belle screamed out the pains grew stronger.

"I think its time to put what you learnt in those childbirth clases into use," Belle managed to say.

"Babe, I never really listened in childbirth classes was saying!" cried Aden. "I never thought we'd be in this kind of situation!"

"Well then we're really screwed," cried Belle, before admitting another scream.

"Ok, c'mon babe, let's get you out of the car!"

With some difficult, Aden managed to lower Belle out of the car and onto some blanket's he'd laid on the road.

Belle was silent for a moment and then she gasped.

"I think my water just broke!" she said, her eyes wide.

Aden peeped under the towel and looked at the towel she was lying on to see it soaked through.

He gulped. "Yeah, it has babe!" said Aden, his hands covering his face.

"Aden, the babies are coming!" screamed Belle.

"Ok, what do you feel like doing?" asked Aden, desperately, kneeling down by her legs.

"Pushing!" she cried, sweat pouring down her face.

"Ok, just go with it babe, I'm here ok, everything's going to be fine!"

Belle screwed up her face as she began to push. She screamed and cried and screamed again. Then her face suddenly went dead white and she fell back, unconscious.

"Belle! Belle, no, wake up!" cried Aden, shaking her desperately. "Belle, you have to wake up. The babies, the babies need you Belle! Belle! BELLE!!"

x x x x x

Archived