Cyclone Yasi

Guest dncllpyk

I am praying for those in North Queensland. The cyclone is now a category 5. Can Queensland get a break? I'm really worried for these people. More destruction to our state. We are going to need a lot of support to help rebuild QLD.

And those poor Australians trying to escape Egypt. I saw some people being interviewed on the news, and this girl is probably around 20 years old, sounded so scared. Sounds like things are getting worse in Egygt.

I hope bttb members that live in North Queensland are okay. Three babies have been born during the cyclone last night :D

The damage looks pretty bad. I wonder how much of QLD is suffering from some damage from the natural diasters, what percentage...hmm...

I wasn't worried until the news stared comparing it to Hurricane Katina saying it was very similar to Hurricane Katrina. It's worse than Cyclone Larry and Cyclone Tracy. Tully doesn't look too good. Northern Terrority is bracing for Cyclone Yasi as well :( not good. So there's more crop damage, from what I can see people haven't started panic buying in brisbane. When the floods happened everyone rushed out and bought everything. Even people who weren't in the path of the flood.

Townsville didnt get hit by the actual cyclone but we got the winds of a category 3 cyclone. We still have no power at our house. People who lost power for more than 48 hours get $1000 from the gouverment which is really good. We lost a tree at our house and the yard is a mess. Leaves, trigs and branches everywhere. It could of been worse though some people lost their houses. Some guy died because he got afixated because he ran and his generator in his house for his air con with everything shut.

Townsville didnt get hit by the actual cyclone but we got the winds of a category 3 cyclone. We still have no power at our house. People who lost power for more than 48 hours get $1000 from the gouverment which is really good. We lost a tree at our house and the yard is a mess. Leaves, trigs and branches everywhere. It could of been worse though some people lost their houses. Some guy died because he got afixated because he ran and his generator in his house for his air con with everything shut.

Great to hear that you are safe.

• 3 weeks later...

i live in townsville too and am glad cyclone yasi is gone

Archived