Summer/Andrew/Tasha

Guest dncllpyk

It always amazes me that the couple that everyone jumps on as the best are the ones I think shouldn't be allowed anywhere near each other.I'm still furious with the way Andrew broke Summer and Harry up purely out of spite and having Summer jump into bed with him when he was with Tasha completely betrayed their history and destroyed her character for me.Since when we've had Summer throwing tantrums because Andrew won't abandon his supposedly pregnant girlfriend, throwing more tantrums because Tasha was the one who worked out Tomas was dealing drugs while she was making smug "I know him better than you" remarks and being unable to breathe the same air as him without getting into an argument.They might be all happy and smiley for five minutes but give them a week together and they'll be miserable again.I don't see a shred of chemistry between them and, looking at the UK discussions on the Neighbours forum, quite a few people feel the same and are as bored of them as I am.Bridget and Declan were just as bad, a case of two characters with nothing in common and no chemistry being forced together just because a bunch of fans made a fuss about it.Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll kill Summer as well.Hopefully not without having her get married and have a baby while still at school.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Summer and Harry broke up because Andrew told Tasha about the competition he and Harry had over Summer, knowing that she'd tell Summer and she'd get angry and break up with Harry, which she did.Made all the worse by the fact that Andrew wasn't even interested in Summer at the time, he was going out with Tash, he just didn't like being on the losing side.Summer then rebounded onto Chris, which meant I didn't like him either when they were together but I got past that when he turned out to be gay.So, Summer treats Harry like a criminal even though he genuinely liked her, which contributed to him leaving town, then starts throwing herself at Andrew who was just as bad if not worse.

• 10 months later...

As a quick look back over this thread demonstrates, I was never in favour of them being together.So from that perspective, I'm quite glad they haven't been allowed to dominate the show too much:I still grimace every time they kiss but I do find them just about bearable.Still, I don't find them very likeable as individuals, especially Summer, and at times they haven't seemed to be a very positive influence on each other.

Archived