What storyline would you like to see H&A tackle?

Guest hunnibunni7000

What storyline would you like to see H&A tackle?  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh well done for doing this poll :D

I am torn between a gay storyline and a disability storyline um- er- um- er. I went for the disability one. Also the depression and bullying storylines are excellent ideas.

If there was a disabled person, it would have to be someone as well as Brendan. Probably a physical disability because they could have a wider range of storylines, and I'd like to show them involved in 'normal' life, not just having everything linked to their disability. And I wouldn't want them to necessarily be an idolised, perfect character, they could be 'normal' and have bad sides to their characters e.g. angry, spiteful. Often disabled characters are written as perfect so as not to offend people but obviously they are just ordinary people like everyone else is.

Oh well done for doing this poll :D

I am torn between a gay storyline and a disability storyline um- er- um- er. I went for the disability one. Also the depression and bullying storylines are excellent ideas.

If there was a disabled person, it would have to be someone as well as Brendan. Probably a physical disability because they could have a wider range of storylines, and I'd like to show them involved in 'normal' life, not just having everything linked to their disability. And I wouldn't want them to necessarily be an idolised, perfect character, they could be 'normal' and have bad sides to their characters e.g. angry, spiteful. Often disabled characters are written as perfect so as not to offend people but obviously they are just ordinary people like everyone else is.

Yer, I was thinking blind? Because that is a disability which cant be seen, (so the actor doesnt have to be blind) but will greatly affect life. :)

& I agree with the bad side as well! They dont need to be perfect!

a storyline with a disabled main character.

if they introduced a character with autism or another not well know disabled, it would bring more awareness of it. it would show how hard the disabled persons life is and how hard the life of their family is!

My brother is autistic and there are very few people i can talk to about it outside my immediate family! People just don't know enough about it!

This would be a storyline I would be extremely interested in watching and I hope Home and Away do something like it in the near future!

Long term teenage depression. I think it needs to be done with a new character, not any of the current teens. Even though I like Xavier as a character, I don't think the actor is capable of pullling it off, and I would hate to see it done with Rubbish, Nicole, or Romeo. By long term, I mean looooooong term. It could start with a new teen who is 14, and could be hinted at in subtle ways over a six month period or so, then escalate into self harm and ultimately a suicide attempt over another six months. After that the depression could be dealt with by the teen's parents, who feel helpless and don't know what to do, but it shouldn't just be brushed under the carpet and forgotten about. I'd like to see future bouts of depression for the character, over a few years. That would actually be realistic and true to life. The last thing we need is another "Matilda has bulimia for two weeks" type of storyline. When you compare that to Hannah in Hollyoaks who had an eating disorder that stretched between 2006 and 2010, it just shows how it can be done realistically, as opposed to the writers dabbling in an "issue" for the sake of it.

After much deliberation I went for long-term depression, it needs to be done more realistically than have a few therapy sessions and they're totally fine. I think it should last at least half a year, but preferably about 2 years. I think self harm which is hidden for a long time (months on end), before anyone should be included with at least one suicide attempt, possibly successful.

All of these are really good, I went for the teenage pregnancy one, This could then lead to depression and some of the others... There have been a few scares, like with Nicole and Geoff,, but I think it would be a good subject for them to do. They would need to do it in a good way though.. And have a good actress doing it,, maybe not someone you would expect it from, I think a new character would be good, but we should get to know her first. Or Annie would be a good character to play this storyline, I think Charlotte could do it, and it would be shocking if it was Annie...

I think any of these storylines would be good for the show.. So i honestly wouldn't mind any of them being done :)

Long term teenage depression. I think it needs to be done with a new character, not any of the current teens. Even though I like Xavier as a character, I don't think the actor is capable of pullling it off, and I would hate to see it done with Rubbish, Nicole, or Romeo. By long term, I mean looooooong term. It could start with a new teen who is 14, and could be hinted at in subtle ways over a six month period or so, then escalate into self harm and ultimately a suicide attempt over another six months. After that the depression could be dealt with by the teen's parents, who feel helpless and don't know what to do, but it shouldn't just be brushed under the carpet and forgotten about. I'd like to see future bouts of depression for the character, over a few years. That would actually be realistic and true to life. The last thing we need is another "Matilda has bulimia for two weeks" type of storyline. When you compare that to Hannah in Hollyoaks who had an eating disorder that stretched between 2006 and 2010, it just shows how it can be done realistically, as opposed to the writers dabbling in an "issue" for the sake of it.

I chose this one, too. I pretty much agree with all of what DL wrote as well.

Archived