Annie's Return

Guest ish_the_angel

Woah!Wasn't expecting that.Seems like whether Geoff was repeating what Annie told him or not, it wasn't true anyway.When Annie said it was Romeo's fault in the previous chapter, I thought she just meant it was his fault she went to Japan.Kind of hoping Geoff resists the temptation to knock Romeo's block off...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 8.

Annie kept running. She had no idea where she was going but wanted to get as far away from it all as she possibly could. Everything was so messed up. She didn't want to be having Romeo's baby - she didn't want to be having one at all. It wasn't how she planned her life. She was going to finish school, go to uni, meet a nice man and get married before having children. That was how it was supposed to happen.

Tears fell from her face as she ran. She didn't want to stop because then she'd have to think about what she was doing and where she was going. She kept running until she couldn't go any further and collapsed in a heap on an unfamiliar footpath. It wasn't until then that Annie realised she had no shoes on. Her feet were sore and had some scrapes from the uneven terrain she had travelled.

She used her sleeve to wipe her tear stained face and looked around. It was getting dark, and even though she was sweating she realised the wind was quite cold. She sat for a few minutes, trying to gather some energy to stand up and try to work out where she was.

"Hey, are you alright," a concerned voice asked from behind her. She turned to see a stranger holding a skateboard. He looked about her age, and she wondered why he would care if she was ok. He reached out a hand to help her up.

"Yeah," she answered. "Thanks."

"No worries. You better get off this path though, some of the skaters around here won't slow down for anyone," he warned. "Are you sure you're ok? You don't look too good."

"Gee... thanks! You sure know how to make a girl feel special," Annie said with a slight smile.

"Ah, that's better. Look, I work at the Youth Centre just down the road." The young man pointed to a red and yellow building at the end of the street. "You look like you could use a warm drink and a friendly ear. Come on"

Annie followed him, relieved to have somewhere other than home to go to for now. 'Wannina Youth Center', said the handpainted sign above the door. She had travelled a lot further than she'd realised.

"I'm Jacob, by the way. Jacob Bannan."

"I'm Annie. It's nice to meet you." Annie looked around once she was inside. She pulled up a chair, and before she even had a chance to tell Jacob how she liked her coffee she was fast asleep.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived