Strictly Come Dancing 2009

Guest xGlowingAngelx

I've been ready since I got up this morning. Have been clock watching all day! :rolleyes:

It's alright for you, with your Cutler time. I'm already missing Karen :( I'm not exactly juumping for joy at seeing Alesha in ARLENE'S place. I wont write her off just yet, but I'm certainly not looking forward to it. :(

Still, Strictly is Strictly. And one of the four judges only makes up a teeny bit of the show. So the rest is very exciting! :D :D

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had to think really hard to remember who Hayley was!

I can see the attraction of Matthew Cutler, still can't believe how camp he is and not gay however :lol: Apparently he is having an affair with Christine Bleakley :unsure:

Trying to remember who was in the three way final last year: Tom thingy, Rachel Stevens and ??? Can anyone enlighten me?

I feel bad for Hayley. I liked her. It wasn't her fault we didn't get to see much of her.

I personally CAN'T see the attraction to Matthew Cutler. He seems like a nice guy, but that's about it. I prefer Brian, Darren and Ian myself.

Lisa Snowdon was the other celeb in the final 3 last year :)

Woop! Woop! It's Strictly time again. :D And what a great line-up too. There's so many celebs I recognise this year, plus this year they've got actors from HO (ex & current). Ofcourse I'm going to be supporting Ricky & Ali, plus Laila, Joe & Rav also stand out. Looks very interesting so far. Aside from Arlene being axed though, and for Alesha of all people. Could someone please point me in the right direction, towards all her previous dancing credentials & years of experience?? Oh wait, she hasn't got any! <_<

Why did they try to fix what wasn't broken? The BBC have gone for the Cheryl Cole factor. Only Cheryl is far more popular than Alesha overall. Alesha doesn't even have a fraction of the knowledge that Arlene did, which was exactly why Arlene was respected. I'm just not looking forward to it at all. (Watch this now, I'll end up loving it! lmao).

It's pretty damn obvious that the BBC have gone for the Cheryl Cole factor, wanting to put some glamour in to the judging panel. But really was there any need? I mean, the celebs, the costumes, the dancers are all the glamour any one show would need. Plus is it right for Alesha (with such minimal experience) to be critiquing professional dancers (who obviously have so much more experience). No it certainly is not. Plus atleast on the X Factor, Sharon chose to leave of her own accord and wasn't axed, and Cherly came on to fill an empty position. What they've done to Arlene here is just wrong, I'm not sure what Alesha's going to bring to the show. Like you've said, Amy, there was nothing needed to be added to the judging panel, and certainly not at the expense of one of them. I have nothing against Alesha personally, I thought she was a great competitor & deserving winner, it's just I don't see the point of her being on the judging panel. I guess we'll have to wait & watch.

And the best bit of alll.............. CLAUDIA!!!! She's back on It Takes Two. YEY!!!!!!

Claudia is awesome, she's just so quirky & fun, and makes ITT so much more interesting to watch. I'm going to miss Karen though, I didn't realise till a few days ago that she's left. Why? :( She was my favourite female pro dancer, she was just so awesome. Mark/Karen are like my favourite couple ever. :wub: I'm going to miss her enthusiasm & amazing choreography.

Anyway, just over an hour left till it all starts. Yay! :D Oh & I don't see it with Matthew Cutler either. *ducks from all the fangirls/boys*

Anyway, just over an hour left till it all starts. Yay! :D Oh & I don't see it with Matthew Cutler either. *ducks from all the fangirls/boys*

We'll duck together :P

I'm really excited now. I put BBC one on, but Eastenders was on, and I cannot sit through Eastenders. So I'm watching an episode of Friends.

I'm really gonna grit my teeth through the Alesha stuff. I wonder if Arlene will get a mention, or if saying "We've replaced Arlene with Alesha, because lets be honest, she's much younger and will attract the Cheryl audience." is too much for them.

Still, I've been looking forward to i for too long. I wont let Alesha spoil it. I might even be able to tolerate her.

10 MINUTES!

Ali was beautiful. Not perfect, but it was still lovely to watch. I do think she has the potential the most. I just hope she comes out of her shell a bit more. She seems like one of those naturally rather reserved people. Not a bad thing, just not great, particularly with the latin dances. Still, she and Brian looked gorgeous :wub:

REALLY disappointed with Joe. That's what happens when the media start the hype!!!! Haven't they being saying for a few weeks now that he's favourite to WIN!? Ironic that he ended up bottom then. I wasn't all that impressed either, tbh. But he may improve.

A good show started. Not the best, but enjoyable. Can't wait to see the Latin tomorrow.

Also found Alesha bearable. YEY! Not sure I like that they've moved Len along and sat her next to Bruno. I think that might be a bit TOO much. Plus (I gotta say it), I found it quite awkward watching her commenting on Matthew & Martina. I hope that's just a first night thing.

I wouldn't go as far as saying I liked her, but she really wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Plus, I like the fact she wasn't afraid to score 5's. I had visions of her using only the 6-10 paddles (6 is probably the safest score. She wouldn't want to upset anyone too much!). Plus, I liked how she clapped some of the couples along with the audience. She didn't do it for them all, which kind of annoyed me, but she did it for some and I thought that was nice.

To be fair though, she had it easy this week. Next week she faces the possibility of annoying James or Brendan. We know both can lose their tempers. Will they tolerate an amateur (Which, in comparison to them, she is) telling them she didn't like their dances? (If she does). We'll see.....

Definately missed Arlene though. I suppose that was to be expected. After a six year routine, to suddenly change it is bound to have an effect.

Archived