Advertise or recommend a non H&A fic

Guest Barbara

I asked if we couldn't have an Advertise your fic or a Recommendation thread for non H&A fics and the staff agreed. So here it is. :)

There are a lot of great writers on this forum who may have written fics based on another TV show, a movie or a book. So if you are one of them, feel free to advertise it. I'm sure you'd love to have some more reviews.

Maybe you've read an awesome fic and you'd like to recommend it to the other members, here is the place to do so.

Please fill in the appropriate form.

Form to ADVERTISE your fic

Story Title: What’s the title of your story?

Type of story: long fic/ short fic / one shot

Main Characters: Who will be in your story, what character/s does it center around.

Rating: Using the BttB system would probably be the best solution. Just click here to read more about it.

Genre: Romance, Drama, Angst, Comedy, whatever fits. Try to fill it out, if not sure just put General.

Does story include spoilers for international viewers: Yes or No.

Any warnings: Sexual content, violence, language are the main warnings, however you can include further, eg. Drug References.

Summary: 5 lines max - The main plotline.

Link: Give the url address where people can find your fic.

Anything else: This is optional. Is there anything else you want to add?

Form to RECOMMEND a fic

Story Title: What’s the title of the story?

Author: Who wrote the fic?

Type of story: long fic/ short fic / one shot

Main Characters: Who will be in your story, what character/s does it center around.

Rating: Using the BttB system would probably be the best solution. Just click here to read more about it.

Genre: Romance, Drama, Angst, Comedy, whatever fits. Try to fill it out, if not sure just put General.

Does story include spoilers for international viewers: Yes or No.

Any warnings: Sexual content, violence, language are the main warnings, however you can include further, eg. Drug References.

Summary: 5 lines max - The main plotline.

Why do you recommend it: what did you like about the fic? Why should other people read it?

Link: Give the address where people can find your fic

Anything else: This is optional. Is there anything else you want to add?

Please don't use this thread to advertise your H&A fiction: this is where you should do it (click me)

Please don't use this thread to recommend a H&A fiction from the FanFiction Forum: this is where you should recommend one (click me).

EDIT: I put a link to the BttB rating system.

Just a note to say that the line on the forum that says "Does story include spoilers for international viewers:" should also cover other potential spoilers. For example, if you were advertising or recommending a Twilight fic, you should indicate things like "Spoilers for those who haven't read Breaking Dawn" or a Star Wars fic "Spoilers for those who haven't seen Return of the Jedi".

Basically anything that could potentially spoil the original source material, unless the source material is a stand alone product, such as a one off drama, book, or film - as in this case, the product itself should be considered a spoiler if it hasn't been engaged with by the potential reader.

Hope that makes sense! :)

Fic advertisement

Title: Darkness Has Come (90210 2.0)

Type of story: Long fic

Main Characters: Essentially the main teen group - Annie, Dixon, Naomi, Silver.

Rating: A (V/D) (L) (SC)

Genre: Drama/Angst

Does story include spoilers for international viewers: First chapter is essentially a rehash of a scene from episode 1.10. However, what follows is not spoiler=ish.

Any warnings: Violence, language, sexual content (A good portion of this fic contains discussions that refer or allude to the rape of a character in the first chapter.)

Summary: It was meant to be a party that Bevrly Hills would never forget. And it was...for the wrong reasons. As one characters life is changed forever, others have to pick up the pieces.

Link: http://www.homeandawaycentral.com/forum/in...?showtopic=8726

Anything else: Please PM me with your thoughts and opinions. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I've read so many awesome fics over time, that if I listed them all, it could take all day. However, there are 2 Hollyoaks fics I love so much, I'd really like to recommend them. There both one shots. The problem is, the second one has a bit of smut in it. I don't want to risk somebody clicking the link and reading something they're uncomfortable with. It's only a bit of smut, but still. If you're interested in reading the JPC smut, PM me and I'll give you the link, but I don't want to post it directly. That's completely unfair and quite risky on a public forum for all ages. If you want the link and decide to PM me, you have a heads up :P It's an amazing fic and I hate to think of people missing out...

Anyway, here's the suitable for all ages one :P Enjoy, my fellow McDeaners.

Story Title: Graduation

Author: SineadM

Type of story: one shot

Main Characters: Craig Dean, John Paul McQueen (AKA. McDean)

Rating: G

Genre: It's listed as "General" on ff.net, but I'm adding Romance too. 'Coz it's romantic.

Does story include spoilers for international viewers: No.

Any warnings: Nope.

Summary: Craig gradutes. JPC mush.

Why do you recommend it: The best reason I could think of is that - personally - it's my fave JPC fic EVER. And I've read hundreds of them. :P:wub:

Link: Graduation.

Anything else: Erm...... It's amazing. And beautiful. Any McDeaner will love it :D

• 4 months later...

I'd highly recommend Harry Potter and the Dark Mark. It was written by emmasi and can be found on fanfiction.net. Sorry, I don't know how to do links but you can easily do a search on fanfic.net by typing in emmasi's name on the search engine on fanfiction.net itself. It was written back in 2005 but I only just read it! :rolleyes: It was worth waiting for. :D

If we do want to write a fic that's not related to home and away, where do we post it? :)

You can't post it on BttB but you can post it on the FanFiction website. :)

When you have posted your one-shot or the first chapter of your fic, just fill in the form and advertise it in this thread. Don't forget to put a link as well. :)

If we do want to write a fic that's not related to home and away, where do we post it? :)

You can't post it on BttB but you can post it on the FanFiction website. :)

When you have posted your one-shot or the first chapter of your fic, just fill in the form and advertise it in this thread. Don't forget to put a link as well. :)

You can also post original fiction (ie the characters are your own creation and not from any TV show, book or movie) on fictionpress.com :)

• 3 months later...

Alright If I woudl recomend all the great fics i've read on fanfiction.net, this post will never end. I've therefore decided to advertise only two of my favorites.

Story Title: Doubt

Author: ReganX

Type of story: long fic

Main Characters: The tudors. Anne Bolen and Henry VIII, Mary Tudor

Genre: Drama, Romance

Any warnings: no

Summary: Anne Boleyn has been convicted of teason. King Henry VIII, her husband of almost three years, believes that this is true until he hears something that robs him of his certainty. If he is going to sign her death warrant, he can't afford to doubt her guilt but he can't keep himself from doing so.

Why do you recommend it: This is a great exploration of what woudl have happened if Henry had realized that Anne was innocent of the charges she was convicted of. Great Au.

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4577817/1/Doubt

Anything else: This author has written several other great AU's about The tudors. It's always centered around Henry/Anne though. I'd personally recomand 'on the edge of a golden world' and 'reversal'. But I'm sure all her other stories are great as well.

Story Title: The beginning of the end

Author: HopeAlways

Type of story: not sure

Main Characters: Jacob, Bella, wolf pack, Angela

Rating: M rated

Genre: Drama/General

Any warnings: Violence

Summary: Bella realizes that Edward's overprotective nature has become emotionally abusive. She turns to her friends and family for support: Jacob, Angela & the pack. Victoria on the loose. Ignores New borns and Eclipse/

Why do you recommend it: If you're like me and a die hard Jacob/Bella fan this is a fic for you. If you also felt like Bella's reaction to Edward's actions in Eclipse (takign out her engine, having alice babysit her) was to mild, I recomend this fic. It's not finished yet, but it's a very good fic. Not for Edward lovers though.

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5429739/1/The_...ning_of_the_End

Anything else: Again as a warning, this fic is definitly not for Bella/Edward lovers. Just Jake/bella.

While I'm at it i'm going to promote my own fics (seriously how else am I going to get people to read them?)

Story Title: The runaway

Type of story: Undecided

Main Characters: Veronica Mars, Wallace Fennell, Duncan Kane, Logan Echolls, Jake Kane

Rating: T

Genre: General

Summary: Veronica Mars doesn't return to school. A week after Shelley Pomroy's party she gets into her car and drives away. Pre-season 1. AU.

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5606798/1/The_runaway

Story title: Written in stone

Type of story: Oneshot

Main Characters: Bella Swan, Jacob Black

Rating: General

Genre: Genaral

Summary: Choices have been made. Paths have been chosen. The future seems clear. But Rosalie Hale voted no. And Bella Swan slowly begins to realize that the future is not written in stone. AU.

Anything else: This is an extremelly long oneshot

link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5695259/1/Written_in_stone

Check out my other stories to please. And if you're looking for other great fics, just check out my favorites. Maybe you'll find a fic you really like.

Archived