Sex and the City

Guest KirstyEkua

I don't think there's a thread for it (or maybe me being me i missed it) so if there already is one please just close this and point me in the right direction.

After Friends, SATC is probably my favourite show. I don't know why i loved it so much but i did, and even now i think it's brilliant and can watch it over and over.

One of my favourite lines ever is:

'The day i got arrested for smoking a doobiee!' :lol: I asbsolutely loved that episode. (The Post It always Sticks Twice, i'm prertty sure :P)

I really can't stand Big, and wish Carrie had chosen Adian instead. When he came back in series 4 he was so yummy :wub: The episode where they go to the opening of Scout and Adian turns around and we see him for a second....wow. I certainly wouldn't kick him out of bed! hehe

But i guess it would have ruined the whole show if she'd picked Adian cos it was about Big since the beginning. And i loved Steve, who was a total sweetheart, as was Harry. And then of course there was Smith *sigh*

Sometimes i thought Carrie looked amazing but others i was like, huh? What the hell is she wearing :lol: And her hair was always mad. I never really liked her though, i thought she was pretty nasty to most of the men she was with, especially to poor Adian :( I kinda liked Charlotte the best, purely becasue i found her hopefulness endearing. She never gave up. Samantha was just crazy but i loved her confidence and brassness. Her sex scenes with Smith were hilarious, i don't know how they managed to film them!! Miranda is a little too cynical for me but i warmed to her towards the end.

I lovvved Sex and the City as well. What are you doing up so late discussing old programs? I'm simply stimulating :D

In the end I thought Big and Carrie had to be together, but I don't really buy that he would have just completely changed like that and suddenly been able to be all committed and yeah...not sure I bought it. And Aden was just :wub: I want him!

Smith and Samantha is one of my absolute favourite couples in the history of television. They were perfect, I hated the movie purely because of the Smith/Samantha stuff.

Yeah, Miranda was too cynical for me too, it's not something that's in my nature, I find cynics too pessimistic sometimes but she meant well :)

Most of the time I loved Carrie's style, but usually more when she was just kicking around the house instead of when she really made an effort.

The funniest thing I think was when Jonathan Ross interview SJP and said that he thought Carrie was an absolute nightmare as a girlfriend because she was so clingy! And SJP was astonished, I think she thought Carrie was perfect :P

I loved Charlotte but I think Samantha was my favourite, never any bs with her.

I lovvved Sex and the City as well. What are you doing up so late discussing old programs? I'm simply stimulating :D

In the end I thought Big and Carrie had to be together, but I don't really buy that he would have just completely changed like that and suddenly been able to be all committed and yeah...not sure I bought it. And Aden was just :wub: I want him!

Smith and Samantha is one of my absolute favourite couples in the history of television. They were perfect, I hated the movie purely because of the Smith/Samantha stuff.

Yeah, Miranda was too cynical for me too, it's not something that's in my nature, I find cynics too pessimistic sometimes but she meant well :)

Most of the time I loved Carrie's style, but usually more when she was just kicking around the house instead of when she really made an effort.

The funniest thing I think was when Jonathan Ross interview SJP and said that he thought Carrie was an absolute nightmare as a girlfriend because she was so clingy! And SJP was astonished, I think she thought Carrie was perfect :P

I loved Charlotte but I think Samantha was my favourite, never any bs with her.

I don't know. I needed to be up early today to do some Uni work but it so didn't happen. I convince myself that reading one chapter from a book is being productive :lol: Then suddenly think the flat needs cleaned, haha.

With you on Carrie and Big. He'd been a player his whole life and then he's willing to change who he is completely for her...but part of me is willing to believe that can happen! And i really hated the Russian so i was glad he 'rescued' her from him.

I really liked the movie, although i was kinda annoyed it was mainly about Carrie. It always bugged me she got the most attention when it was supposed to be about 4 of them.

Smith and Samantha were amazing, but i guess it was fitting she ended up alone as she never wanted the whole relationship stuff. As much as i hated Richard, i love the scene when they're dancing on the roof by the pool at night. I love the song they played.

They're making a new movie...i don't see where it's going to go though.

Yeah the movie annoyed me because it was mostly about Carrie and Carrie annoys me. But actually I think it's more to do with Sarah Jessica Parker, I just get a bit of a b***h vibe from her.

I HATED the Russian as well, although all the presents must have been nice :)

If you were any of them who do you think you'd be?

Hmm that's a hard question!! They were all pretty extreme!

My favourite was Charlotte though. I loved her hopefulness and optimisim. And i do believe in the whole 'happily ever after' charade. Although her style is completely different from me! She was always so preppy and smart.

Samantha is way too out there :lol:

I guess i'd say im more like Charlotte, with a little bit of Carrie thrown in. :lol:

You?

Yeah it is hard, they were all stereotypes in their own way. I have the same sort of optimism as Charlotte, I believe everything turns out ok in the end, and it usually does! But also a bit of Samantha in my attitude towards men and marriage - although not quite as extreme!

So yeah, I suppose Charlotte crossed with Samantha, even though they were sort of opposites!

Yup Charlotte and Samantha were so different it's difficult to imagine them being friends in real life. I like Charlottes philopshy on life though. It's a much nice way to think about things! I hated Trey though! That scene where he's playing tennis and he's all sweaty and ewww *shudders*

I thought Kim did an amazing job playing Samantha, i don't know how she managed to keep a straight face filming some of those scenes!

What annoyed me about Carrie is that a lot of the time when was supposed to have just had sex, or was in the middle of sex, her underwear was still on. I swear a few times you could see the top of her panties..it drives me flatmate and i crazy :lol:

Ha ha, I've never noticed the pants thing, I'm sure to now though, thanks :P

I think I remember reading somewhere that SJP had a clause in her contract where she wouldn't show her breasts, so that's why she always had a bra on in bed. It looks weird but I suppose it's fair enough.

Trey was such a pathetic excuse for a man, he was pussy whipped...by his mother! All that business of a grown man having a bath with his mother sitting next to him was just plain odd. Harry was sweet though, and so lovely that it was so unexpected!

I love Samantha, I thought she was just fantastic. And I agree, some of her scenes would have been so awkward to film! Especially those scenes with Smith. :D

Where are all the SATC fans :lol:

I read that too about SJP. She was the only one who never went topless.

Yup i really hated Trey. Although it was pretty funny when his mum walked in on them having sex. But yeah the bath business was odd, and then rubbing his chest when he was sick with cream :huh: And the whole 'carboard baby' business was very cruel.

I adore Harry and Charlotte. He's just the sweetest little man. If only he'd looked like Aden or Smith, and had Big's moeny he'd been the perfect man :lol: (not that i'm shallow or anything :wink: )

I loved the scenes when it was just the 4 of them in the coffee shop or at a restaurant and they're just having random sex talks. They were always fun.

Archived