Sex and the City

Guest KirstyEkua

I really liked Sex and the City too, hence my user name! Miranda is a bit how I used to be- independent and not wanting kids- but people say I'm much kinder and softer than her :lol:

I was glad Carrie went off with Big, they deserved each other! I half admire SJP though, because she has managed to convince the whole world that she is beautiful, but she really isn't.

I haven't seen the film though, so I'll try not to read this thread too much.

This is, quite possibly my favourite show ever. I never tire of watching it, partic. the scenes where they discuss their lives in the coffee shop/bar/restuarant etc, no matter what season. The show was brilliant and it still manages to be watchable after years. The amount of times I have cried or laughed so hard because of this show, lol. When I went to see the movie I couldn't help but smile, it felt like I was seeing old friends. :P

Carrie drove me NUTS. She overanalysed every little flippin thing and she was so self absorbed. I loved her with Big though, mainly because I just loved Big period. Hated the way she treated Aden but the affair with Big was so hot at first. :P They had such a screwed up, detrimental relationship pattern, it was so wrong but I loved it anyway and was so glad they got a happy ending. They both seemed to mature together over time. I wouldn't say I hate her or love her but she was definitley one of those characters that continuously changed depending on the episode and the storyline. And that was consistent all the way until the show ended.

Charlotte I used to really dislike, there was something about her in earlier episodes that used to irritate me. I only started to like her when she got with Harry, and they were soo sweet. Especially love when he proposed to her- made me well up. :P I really warmed to her during the last two seasons.

I can never decide between Miranda and Sam for my favourites. I love them both so much. Miranda is brilliant, and Cynthia Nixon always makes me feel whatever Miranda feels. Especially in crying scenes I just love her. I think I probably identified with her most, she's stubborn and really headstrong and independant. Her relationship with Steve was probably my equal favourite with Carrie and Big. They complimented each other and they really grew- especially Miranda.

Samantha is just awesome. She's definitley a role model, perhaps not so much in doing exactly what she does :P But how liberated she is, and how she refused to let judgement affect her. <3 <3 <3 (most of the time) Definitley one of my all time favourite characters of a tv show. I think they repeated her storyline with Dominic in Richard but I was just so happy to see the back of both of them and then the entrance of Smith. :wub: They were fantastic and to say Smith was hot is an understatement, lol. He was definitley her best relationship.

The dynamics between the four of them gelled really well and I enjoyed watching them as friends so much. Really liked the episode where Miranda is pregnant and Charlotte's upset because of the problems she's having concieving, the scene with them both on the bed where Miranda told her how important it was for Charlotte to be around because she was the only person in her life that knew how to do that stuff was so sweet.

Oh and one of my favourite scenes ever is def at Miranda's wedding when Sam has breast cancer. and she doesn't want to upset Miranda but ends up blurting it out anyway and Miranda says "you're my ****ing people" <3

I have so many other favourite scenes but they're not coming to me off the top of my head. Ahh I miss this show so much.

• 1 month later...

I love this show, I didn't start watching until series 4 and I never got the whole big storyline. I understand the storyline now. If it was upto me should would off married Aiden and have a mini Aidens running around. I wouldn't kick him out off bed.

Charlotte was always looking for love and found it when she was least expecting to and with someone she never thougth she would fall in love with. Miranda never grew on me, even when she was with Steve in the end. Samantha was class and I must admit her and Smith was good but for me her heart always belonged to Richard, shame he cheated on her :(

I have been watching the episodes again on e4 on sunday nights. Just seen the last ep :) Its one off those shows you could watch over and over.

The movie was a bit to long IMO and I would rather they did another series as it was just like 5 eps rolled into 1. The storylines was very predictable too

Archived