Internet Safety

Guest Symphony

The only reason I have joined Facebook is to stay in touch with some old buddies from another forum, because it is shutting due to inactivity.

Hi. I had this happen with my favourite forum shutting down [due to a certain company but I won't go into that]. All the regulars were upset at the thought of losing each other, so what we did was set up another forum and all joined there, instead of going on Facebook [in case you are worried about Facebook and the like, as I am]. Just an idea :)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry Moya, is it? I dont mean sound mean, but shouldnt you have known the risks before signing up. Those websites can be dangerous because yes people (especialyl teenagers) add lots and lots of personal information about themsevles. Anyone can assess it, and maybe even steal your identity. But I guess its better late than never to realise that myspace, facebook etc arent safe.

I don't add anyone I don't know or anything like that but I know alot of my friends add people who they don't know on msn. I find it strange that my friends don't feel weird talking to people they don't really know. Though fortunately I don't think any of them are stupid enough to meet them... at least not alone. I think in todays world people think that everyone is who they say they are.. but although most are a few aren't.

On a random sidenote I had my CSPE test on Friday and we had to read all about internet safety!

I'm sorry Moya, is it? I dont mean sound mean, but shouldnt you have known the risks before signing up. Those websites can be dangerous because yes people (especialyl teenagers) add lots and lots of personal information about themsevles. Anyone can assess it, and maybe even steal your identity. But I guess its better late than never to realise that myspace, facebook etc arent safe.

I'm a bit confused by your post; I'm aware of the risks, which is why I changed my mind and delete people / changed my mind on making phonecalls to fans, etc.

I just put this post up as an explanation, because I'm aware that some bttb members are not pleased with my recent decisions :)

Yeah I understand that you wanted to put this up because of your decision, and I'm not trying to start an arugment I'm just pointing out my opinion. SO I dont mean to cause offence. I just dont understand why you signed up and then realised the risks of the website. Why did you sign up in the first place, is my question.

so if you still use facebook, how did you delate all your friends, was that myspace? My question is why do u use, or sign up to websites like facebook, myspace if you know the dangers.

ahh I see, you just deleted the people from back to the bay from your facebook and not your friends?

Ohh, I get it all now :D Yeah, sorry for the confusion - I just deleted the bttb people ie the ones I don't actually know in real life, not my own mates :)

Mystery solved! :cool: We're on the same wavelength now :)

Yes lol!! sorry about that! but you feel safe using your facebook account, is it set on private? can random people see it.

Yes I understand your decision, wise move! You dont know whos out there.

^ yeah it's private, people have to add me to see my info / photos / comments etc :)

best way to have it i think ^.^

Archived