Neighbours Hits Back At Racist Remarks

Guest Nathan.

Neighbours was recently accused of being racist with a lack of ethnicities in its regular cast. Well it seems that they're trying to fix that with a new Korean exchange student named Sunny Lee moving in with the Kennedys when Rachel leaves for London next year. She'll be a regular character. The chick who plays her, Hany, was a finalist in the Dolly competition but missed out. It seems she got the better deal because Mauricio and Chelsea (Simon and Teagen) haven't been upgraded to permanent characters yet :P

I hope Annie and Jai are not upgraded to regulars.

Um... what :huh:? Is that really their names, or are you comparing them to H&A... Or are you getting confused? Or am I just being daft? (Sorry in advance if I've ruined a perfectly good joke...)

Whoever the new kids are, I don't like them either. Well, it's not so much them I don't like, it's just the fact that they've been attached to Donna. Donna is brilliant. She doesn't need to be weighed down with unnecessary hangers-on. It's Ned and the Parkers all over again :( (Not that Ned was ever as good as Donna, but *I* liked him.)

As to what this thread is actually about, I really hope that this girl was hired in her own right, and not as a reaction to this racism stupidity. Katya was of some kind of Asian decent, I'm sure of it, as well as Connor's girlfriend Lori. They even had an interracial-cross-Tasman baby!!! SCANDAL!!!! :o

Racism. Bah. If Neighbours was anymore liberal, every scene would consist of the characters drinking tea naked. And I'm not about to rule that out.

Archived