Matthew Lyons - Ross Pirrelli

• 2 months later...

Interesting post there. I wish you were right, it appears that young Mathew Lyons is yet to mature, the way he treated Ruby was absolutely dispiccable.

I really dont understand what his latest game plan is, surely he is not serious about Melody. Trying to make Ruby jealous? This could prove to be an exhilirating story line.

Home and away have a habit of reforming the school bully though, look at Ric and Aden. It usually turns out that there is far more to delve into the character and I think we saw a brief hint of that during the Ruby stuff when he wrote her that note about his gran really having azhiemers. I think it shows that he has the potential to be a decent character with some depth if the writers want to go there and explore it. That said, it would be nice to see him taken down a different route to the reformed bad boy ala Aden and Ric.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Even though Trey is kind of cute, I really miss Matthew and did prefer him as the school 'bully' of Summer Bay High. Maybe its because I remember him from Snobs, but I can't help but think Home and Away is letting go of a great actor.

He should be brought back and made into a main character. :) It's not like they can't do it, the writers did leave his story open for a return, I just hope it's sooner rather than later.

I miss Matthew he was a more likable trouble maker than Trey. You need a trouble maker there to keep story lines coming. Is Matthew going to come back? I'm really not fussed on the Trey stories.

Unfortunately, Matthew Lyons (along with Melody Jones) were both expelled, after they were found guilty of taking drugs, and causing the fire that badly injured many residents.