The Trials Of Summer Bay

Guest maccaz

Title:

Type Of Story: Medium/Long fic

Main Characters: Belle, Drew, Aden, Geoff, Annie, Melody, Kirsty, Kane

BTTB Rating: A (V/D) (L) (SC)

Genre: Drama

Spoilers: No

Warnings: Some discussion of rape in the early chapters.

Summary: A sequel to my first fan fiction "Black Hole". It has now been a year since the death of Lucas Holden. His death set off a spiral of horrible events that culminated in the death of Irene Roberts from cancer. Now in this new fic, Friends become enemies, enemies become friends and enemies become lovers as the cycle starts again...

Chapter 1

Crunch, crunch, crunch went the hooded figure's steps on the forest floor. His eyes darted around like a deer in the headlights as he crept along. He had already been in the woods for several weeks, and most nights he struggled for warmth. But it was worth it. Because, soon enough, he would reach Summer Bay. He picked up a small bug, examined it as though it was a fragile specimen, put it in his mouth and ate it. The taste in his mouth was, well...odd. It was like nothing he had ever tasted before. Normally, he would consider this below his station. However, circumstances change.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Belle, Geoff, Annie and Melody were staring at Kirsty and Kane. They were pondering what to do next.

"You give me one good reason why I shouldn't call the police right now!" Belle shouted. "Like it or not, you're trespassing."

"No, we're not! We're visiting Irene!" Kirsty protested vehemently. At the mention of Irene's name, the teenaged quartet fell into a gloomy silence.

"Wha...what's wrong??" Kirsty asked. "Did...did i say something?"

"You don't know, do you?" Melody asked. "Irene died last week. We've just come from her funeral."

This stopped Kirsty dead in her tracks. "No...You're joking right?....Kane, please tell me this is all some big joke! Oh babe...!" Kane, a tall rugged man with a bristly brown-haired beard, pulled Kirsty into his chest as she started to cry. At the moment, the party felt nothing but pity for Kirsty and Kane - imagine not knowing what had happened to your loved ones. However, there were still some things that needed to be sorted out.

"So," Belle began. "Why are you here?"

Kirsty began to speak, wiping her eyes as she did so. "We're hiding."

"From who?"

"The police."

"Forget it." Geoff announced. "We're not interested in anything you have to say. Belle, call the cops."

"No!" Kirsty shouted as Belle went for the phone. "You can't!"

"And why not?" Belle replied. "If we don't turn you in, we could get arrested, you know."

"Because we're innocent!" Kirsty exclaimed. "Kane was framed for a crime he didn't commit! Now we've been on the run ever since, all for nothing!" She then spied a small golden cross around Melody's neck. "Excuse me,...?"

"Melody."

"Melody. You're a Christian, yeah? That cross on your neck."

"Catholic, actually."

"Well, then ypu'll know what I'm talking about. Pope Pius XII helped hide Jews in the Vatican whilst the Nazis advanced during World War 2. He knew they had done no wrong. This is exactly the same situation. God would want you to help us. And Irene would too."

All four of them seemed slightly less guilty at the prospect of helping Kirsty and Kane. However, Geoff still had his doubts.

"How do we know if you're for real?" He aksed. "How do we know you're not just making this stuff up?"

"Easy." Kane replied. He looked around. "Ollie!" He shouted as a small blonde toddler came gallivanting down the staircase. His cherubic face, blonde curly hair and bright blue eyes melted their hearts.

"This is our son, Oliver." Kirsty explained. "On the run, moving to a new town every three months...that's no life for a boy his age. We just want to stay here and be safe. You have to keep us safe...please." The look in Kirsty's eyes as she said this was desperate, yet genuine. Belle, Annie, Geoff and Melody all looked at each other. All four of them shared a nod amongst one another.

"Alright, you can have the house." Belle replied. "Here's the keys." She threw the house keys to Kane as she said this.

"Oh thank you!" Kirsty exclaimed as she hugged Belle. "How can I ever repay you?"

"Easy." Belle grinned. "Don't get busted." She then hurried off to Drew's house, whilst the others got the rest of their personal possessions. She planned to show him the text she had received from Dom. As she arrived at the house, she saw Drew standing outside the house on the verandah.

"Hey, Taylor." He grinned. "Where are the others?"

"At Irene's getting stuff." Belle replied. "But that doesn't matter. Here's something more important." She then showed him the text.

"DOM??" He exclaimed. "What's that dickhead doing back here?"

"I don't know, and I don't want to know." Belle replied. "Anyway, I have to meet him shortly."

"Well, I'm coming with you." Drew replied. "There's no way in hell I'm leaving you alone with him."

End of Chapter 1

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 2

Dom was sitting there, smoking a cigarette. He looked up and saw Drew and Belle walking towards him.

"Howdy partners." He grinned.

"Can it, Dom. So what brings you here?" Drew replied.

"Haven't you heard?" Dom continued. "I've got a job at the High School - a janitor."

"How appropriate, you've got a job cleaning filth because you ARE filth!" Belle shouted. "I KNOW WHAT YOU DID TO MELODY, DOM!"

"Taylor. Let it go." Drew warned. He then turned to Dom.

"You know what? Just **** off! Because Belle's mine." He took Belle's hand and led her away. We'll just see about that. Dom thought.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That night, Melody was tossing and turning in her sleep. She was having a nightmare.

Melody sat in her room, staring at the crucifix across from her. A look of pure hatred was enamating from her eyes - hatred for a God that could take away her loved ones just like that. Just then, Christine entered the room.

"Melody." She began calmly. "It's time to say your prayers."

"No, Mum. I'm not."

"Yes you are."

"No, I'm not."

"Yes, you ARE!"

"NO, I'M NOT! HOW CAN YOU WORSHIP A GOD THAT TOOK DAD AWAY! WHY DON'T YOU SEE SENSE, YOU MISERABLE BITCH!!"

"You rude, insolent child!" Christine shouted as she grabbed Melody by the scruff of her neck and took her through to the bathroom. Melody gasped in horror as she saw a bucket of water.

"Don't do this!" she pleaded as Christine shoved her head under water.

"You bought this on yourself, Melody." Christine replied coldly as she held Melody's neck underwater as she struggled. When she was eventually let up for air, Melody heard a familiar male voice.

"Yes, that should do it."

Melody looked around. A look of sheer terror crossed her face as she saw Ricardo - her kidnapper, her tormentor, her rapist, her pimp - standing there.

"Party wouldn't be complete without fireworks." he grinned as he bought in the same electrical device he had tortured Melody with in captivity.

"Stop!!" Melody sobbed. "Please!" Ricardo paid scant attention as he electrocuted her...

Melody woke up screaming in absolute terror as Geoff came rushing into her room and hugged her.

"Melody! What's wrong? Did you have a bad dream?" He comforted as he pulled the hysterical teen into his body as she started to cry.

"I saw...him. I saw Ricardo." Melody cried. "I'm so scared Geoff! I feel like he's coming for me again!"

"Shhhh. You have to remember, Ricardo's dead, Melody. He can't hurt you anymore." Geoff whispered as he kissed her head.

-----------------------------------------------------------

It was midnight, and the hooded figure was sleeping up against a tree trunk. Just then, he heard the cocking of a shotgun and saw a farmer, standing there, pointing his shotgun at him.

"What are you doing here?" The farmer demanded.

"I'm...I'm just taking a nap. I was hiking." The stranger explained.

"At midnight?"

"It's a free country."

The farmer lowered his gun.

"Alright. But this is private property. You just go that way, you'll be back on the trail in no time."

"Thanks." The stranger grinned.

"Ain't nothin'." The farmer replied.

The mysterious figure got up and started back out on the road to Summer Bay - where he had unfinished business.

End of Chapter 2

Promo for Chapter 3

Melody's not the only one reliving a traumatic event...

Chapter 3

"So, Melody, can you tell me why you're here?" The psychologist asked.

"I've been having nightmares lately." Melody replied, her voice shaking. "They are about two people who have died recently."

"Go on." The psychologist pressed.

Melody sighed. She was about to dredge up some very painful memories. Sighing sadly, she began to speak.

"Well, the most recent one starts with me in my room. It was just after my Dad died. I was staring at the crucifix on my wall, angrily. Then my Mum, who just killed herself recently, came in and told me to say my prayers. I snapped and called her a miserable old bitch. She then dragged me into the bathroom and held my head underwater in a bucket full of water."

"This is interesting." the psychologist murmured, her interest piqued by the mention of torture. "I think we're starting to scratch the surface. Go on."

"Well," Melody continued. "When she let me come up for air, she changed into someone I know only too well - Ricardo."

"Wait." The psychologist interrupted. "Who is this Ricardo."

"He...he kidnapped me." Melody murmured. Memories of her horrible time in captivity came flooding back. "He kept me locked in his basement for two weeks. And that's not the half of it. During that time he would...he would..." Melody was struggling to say the words, tears straining at the corner of her eyes. "...he would come into the basement and rape me, just for his own sick pleasure." Melody muttered. "He would do this once or twice a day. He would rent me out to his associates so they could have their way with me. Some of them would rape me too. They treated me like trash...like a plaything for their own games!! It was hell!!!" Melody had well and truly broken down and was crying. The psychologist could see that she would get nowhere with her in this state.

"Okay. We'll talk more in our next session."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, back in Summer Bay, the sun was shining brightly and everyone seemed in a happy mood. Belle had proposed to Geoff and Annie that they go to the beach. They both agreed. However, whereas Geoff and Belle were wearing their swimming garments, Annie wore a long pear of jeans and a long-sleeved top.

"Come on, Annie." Belle chirped. "That ain't no beach goin' outfit, partner!"

"I'm...I'm not going swimming." Annie replied.

"Fine, your loss." Geoff laughed.

As they walked down towards the beach, they saw lots of people frolicking on the beach and having fun. One woman was lying on her back in the sand whilst her boyfriend was throwing sand in her face.

"Stop!" The woman was laughing. "Stop!"

Annie's stomach was feeling queasy. She remembered the last time she told someone to stop...and it was anything but fun.

"Shut up, bitch. You know you like it." Aden smiled. "Now shut up." He then began to slowly but viciously rape her.

"NO! NO!" Annie screamed, hoping someone would hear her.

"Relax..."

"NO! STOP! PLEASE STOP!"

Aden covered her mouth and continued raping her. Annie closed her eyes and wished it would all end.

Annie turned around and sprinted away from the beach. Belle and Geoff turned and ran after her. They eventually found her in some nearby bushes, huddled in the fetal position and sobbing. Both Geoff and Belle hugged her as she began to confess her state of mind at the time.

"I...I haven't been in a bikini since Aden raped me." wailed Annie. "Also, I've been showering by myself after you both have gone to bed. I don't think I'm ready to expose my body to other people. I haven't even gone on walks by myself for fear it might happen again - and Melody's situation only intensified those feelings."

"Listen Annie." Geoff whispered as he and Belle comforted her. "Belle and I love you very much. And we'll do everything we can to make you feel better. Go on. Let's go back to the house."

End of Chapter 3

Archived