The Trials Of Summer Bay

Guest maccaz

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To all you Adelle fans, don't worry. I have a nice scene between the two of them in 2 chapters' time. :D

Anyway...

Chapter 12

"OK, where do we go from here." Melody panted. Her and Nicole's eyes scanned the area of forest around them, looking for a possible way out.

"OK. My dad always said the sun sets away from Summer Bay. So we need to go away from the sun." Nicole's eyes flickered desperately. "This way!" she shouted, pointing off to their right. The pair turned and ran. Thoughts began to flash through Nicole's head. She had just witnessed Melody murder someone in cold blood. This was the same Melody who would beg God for forgiveness if she so much as stepped on an ant. However, she DID have a somewhat legitimate reason - if there was a hell, Ricardo would surely have a place reserved for him - somewhere between Hitler and Jeffrey Dahmer. Nicole knew enough about Christian belief to know that the same fate was in store for Melody if she did not repent - but she seemed eerily cold about it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"I want to be in that search party!" Roman demanded, pounding the table at the Surf Club. He and Alf were, with the assistance of Yabbie Creek Police, setting up a serch and rescue party to find the pair of missing girls.

"Mate, I'm sorry, you can't-" Alf began, trying to calm Roman down. The latter, however, wasn't having a bar of it.

"She's my daughter, DAMMIT!" Roman shouted.

"And she's being held hostage by a dangerous and unstable person." Charlie intervened, attempting to diffuse the situation. "Just let us do our job, and we'll bring Nicole home safe. I promise."

Roman's shoulders sagged in exasperation. "Alright. I just feel helpless, knowing she's out there and not being able to do anything."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Dear God, please bring Melody and Nicole back to us. To their family, to their friends, to the people who love them. Deliver them to us unscathed from the forces of evil. They are Your daughters, as we are Your children, and we beseech You to grant our request.

Amen."

"Amen." murmured the small group of people present. Geoff, Annie, Belle, Matilda and some people from Geoff and Melody's Christian youth groups gathered to pray for Melody and Nicole's safe return. Geoff walked over to Belle and motioned for her to talk with him in private.

"Belle, I'm...I'm really sorry for those things I said to you about you and Aden. I was just concerned for Annie and how she would feel about you two together. But that doesn't excuse those things I said. I know they were wrong, and I'm not proud of them. But how are you gonna break it to Drew?"

"I'll cross that bridge when I come to it." Belle replied grimly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, in the woods, Melody and Nicole were playing a game of charades to set their minds at ease.

"It's a jackal! A jackal! It looks like a jackal! I'm pretty sure that's a jackal! Jackal!" (A/N: One (1) cookie and a slab of beer to whoever can guess where I stole this from tongue.gif)

Nicole slapped Melody, to snap her out of her frenzy.

"Oh, look at me, I'm going crazy!" Melody laughed. "Maybe a good night's sleep will do me good."

Nicole and Melody then got together and began scraping together a make-shift bed made out of twigs, sticks and leaves.

"This is the worst night ever." Nicole muttered. "I mean, no moistuiser, no nail polish-"

"Oh, shut up!" Melody replied, laughing.

Soon, they had made a bed. The pair lay down and went to sleep.

"Yoo-hoo. Wake up, sleepy head." A feminine voice whispered seductively in Melody's ear. No response.

"WAKE THE F**K UP!!" The voice screamed. Melody jerked out of her sleep, and turned to face the person who was doing the shouting. It was a strange girl Melody had never seen before. This girl looked like Melody but was somehow different. She dressed in all black - black hair, black eye-liner, balck lipstick, black dress and a black Korn T-shirt - basically, a Goth version of Melody.

"Oh, what do you know. Sleeping Beauty has finally awoken." remarked the girl sarcastically as she pulled her iPod earphones out of her ears. Blaring from them was heavy metal music - the devil's music, as her mother used to describe it.

"Who...who are you?" Melody asked the strange girl.

"Gee, you are slow." The girl began. "I'm your dark side. Every negative thought, every dark impulse - it's all helped to create me. Remeber when you wished your Mum was dead when you wouldn't let her see Geoff? That was me. Or that time when you called her a miserable bitch? That was me. And last but not least, when you shot Ricardo. That. Was. Me."

"My..my God! You're evil!" Melody panicked. "Stay away from me!"

"Well, you see Melody, that's impossible." Dark Melody replied. "As long as you keep having dark thoughts, I will stay with you." Melody looked up and saw, to her absolute shock to see that she had transformed into Ricardo.

"Why, to do that, to not have any bad thoughts at all, why, you'd have to be a saint." "Ricardo" chuckled. It then changed again - to Father Joseph.

"Even the best of us have darkness in our souls." "Father Joseph" spoke. "You don't want to know what mine caused me to do." Then Dark Melody resumed her natural form.

"The point is, Melody, we're all good - and we're all evil." (A/N: Another cookie and a slab of beer to whoever can guess where this comes from.)

Dark Melody then vanished into thin air.

"Wait! Come back!" Melody shouted. "Come back! Come ba-"

"-ck! Come back! Come ba-"

"It's OK, Melody. It's OK." Nicole shouted, trying to shake her awake. "You've just had a nightmare. It's OK."

End of Chapter 12.

• 2 weeks later...

OK.

I'm really sorry to do this to you, but...

I have decided to put this fic on hold. *ducks as angry readers throw sharp implements*

STOP, PEOPLE, STOP!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD JUST LET ME EXPLAIN!!!

Ahem..

Unfortunately, the ideas I have for my other two fics (BCWYWF and RBTL) are overpowering this one. Plus I have a lot of uni assignments coming up, so I will be very busy. But I will come back to this fic.

Sorry. :(

However, in the meantime you can continue to read my other fics - "Be Careful What You Wish For" and "Reading Between The Lines" in the Adult Forum. :)

Archived