Neighbours for Nine Network?

Guest simmins

Rumours are circulating that Network Nine is interested and may bid for the rights for the Australian longest running drama, Neighbours, when the contract is up for renewal in early 2009. As Network Ten's 3 year contract is set to run out this year. Part of the Network’s plan to recapture the target demographic. :blink:

The Australian drama could be screen at a later time if the show is defected to Nine network struggling in its current 6:30pm timeslot.

If they do that, it will be the end of Neighbours for good. Channel Nine is where TV shows go to die. Often only a week or two after they've begun :rolleyes:

I hate Channel Nine. They may have money (and if they do, I can only imagine that they obtained it through some sort of deal with Satan, because I can't see how they'd be cashing in on advertisement when they have non-existent ratings and have axed nearly every program they've touched) but they don't have the spirit that Ten has got. Besides which, with Channel Ten losing Big Brother, I imagine that they'd be desperate to hold onto whatever Australian programming they've got in order to keep up their Australian content quota.

You just know that if Nine gets it, they'll run it against H&A and kill it instantaneously. They are that stupid.

I would be happy for any other Channel to get Neighbours over Channel Nine. If Seven were smart, they'd dump that Today/Tonight trash and do a Neighbours/H&A double. But since Today/Tonight rates inexplicably well, I don't see that happening any time soon :rolleyes:

Channel 9 annoys me. I cant watch it, only sports. I dont even allow my dad to watch the news on channel 9 :P

But like Emmasi said, if they want to put Neighbours on Channel 9, they might as well start digging their graves.

The OC originated on Channel 9, and flopped, and Channel 10 ended up resurrected it. The same might happen to Gossip Girl (i hope anyway), so why do that to Neighbours.

Channel 10 should put Neighbours on at 5pm, after Bold and the Beautiful, instead of putting that lame Antique roadshow or whatever it is.

Dont Channel 9 want to buy Big Brother as well?? As they picking up 10's leftovers now, instead of the other way round?

Channel 7 on the other hand, should just stay as they are, no buying other channels shows :)

Channel 10 should put Neighbours on at 5pm, after Bold and the Beautiful, instead of putting that lame Antique roadshow or whatever it is.

Channel ten have their news on at 5, and theirs is the only news I can watch without being bored, depressed or infuriated. They also have the integrity not to put a 4pm news cast on to get one up on 7 and 9 who decided to do a 4.30 one just so they could get in before 10 at 5, even though both 7 and 9 still have their 6pm news on an hour and a half after the 4.30 news... :rolleyes:

I love 10 news. I watch it at 5 and then I watch the late news as well because it's enjoyable and there's nothing else on.

Antiques roadshow is on Channel 9, and is currently replacing our own Tim Campbell on Wheel of Fortune which Channel 9 dumped after only 3 weeks because they were stupid enough to run it against Deal Or No Deal. What was wrong with putting it on at 5pm and giving it a fighting chance of survival, I honestly don't know :rolleyes:

Rumours are circulating that Network Nine is interested and may bid for the rights for the Australian longest running drama, Neighbours, when the contract is up for renewal in early 2009. As Network Ten's 3 year contract is set to run out this year. Part of the Network’s plan to recapture the target demographic. :blink:

The Australian drama could be screen at a later time if the show is defected to Nine network struggling in its current 6:30pm timeslot.

Sorry, Jimmins/Simmins/RamsayST or whatever you're calling yourself these days, but where have you copied this story from?

OMG im so stupid. Of course Antique Roadshow is on C9 :rolleyes: My brain isnt functioning. And i even forgot about the news.

Whats on at 4pm on C10 then?? Totally Wild right?? I rather Wesley than Neighbours. Oh well, just keep the show on at 630.

Wheel of Fortune should have stayed on on C7, thats something i'll remained annoyed with C7 about <_<

If Seven were smart, they'd dump that Today/Tonight trash and do a Neighbours/H&A double.

That's what we have in England on Five and I definately think it works, well it got me properly addicted to Home and Away so it can't be bad! :)

Archived