I'd Do Anything

Guest Taz

I am shocked .... very shocked .... there was a lot of very poor performances last night and although her performance was not as good as it was last week there were Nancy's that were a lot worse than the person who went.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a guy on it last week in the results show .... he was helping out with the acting task. I missed the name of who they said it was .... but I know I have seen him in something before. Does anyone have any idea about who I am on about?

Jodie was the stand out performance of the night, and Andrew was right WOW, they gave her a song that they did not really expect her to do much with and she blew them way. She made it her own. And John Barrowman was speechless, I've never seen that before :P I dont get the fuss about Rachel, I find her very wooden, and whilst Jessie is good, she is never going to get the accent right, and hold it for an entire show, and given the fuss they made with that Romanian girl in the Maria show, I am surprised they have not said anything about it yet. She will do well in something else I think.

The judges were in a funny mood tonight, there seemed to be an atmosphere between them. Wonder what that was about. <_<

If Digital Spy is correct, the right person has been sent home, AT LAST!

Ashley: I have not really liked any of performance since Day 1 .... I disagree with the judges in what they said about her being a contender last night ..... to me she does not come across as Nancy from what I have seen so far. The song choice last night wasn't all that good either .... although it is a musical song it did not suit her at all.

Francesca: Her performance last week was great but this week she kind of went downhill. I agree that her pitching/tuning needs to be sorted out as I have noticed all of the performances she has done so far have had a few notes out of tune. I believe that Denise is only routing for her because they starred in Rent together. Denises comments always seems to be a bit over the top in a way for Francesca. However, I think Francesca is a contender, but less of a contender then some of the others.

Jessie: All I have to say is wow. Her performances are always spot on. I am not sure if she could be Nancy though ... as much as I always like her performance and her singing is always really good ... before I thought she could be Nancy based on singing only ..... but seeing everything else about her I just don't see a Nancy as yet.

Jodie: I really don't know about Jodie .... to me she is too full of herself and I can't see pass that ... meaning I can't tell whether she is good enough to be Nancy. I guess only time will time.

Keisha: I am still annoyed that she is in the competition after last weeks performance. No way can Keisha be Nancy .... to be honest I really hope she leaves tonight.

Niamh: Another wow .... I really think that she could be Nancy. Last weeks performance was really good as was this weeks. I think that if she does not make it to the final it will be because of her age not because of anything else. (Not that age should matter)

Rachel: I disagree with the above post saying she comes across as wooden. To me, out of all the Nancys she is very comfortable in what she is doing and comes across as a natural performer. I know she has experience in musicals and that shows. She knows what she is doing and I think she is a definate contender to be Nancy.

Samantha: I don't think Samantha did the song justice last night. I think she kind of ruined the song meaning there was no emotion to it. When I hear that song, I picture the scenes of West Side Story and it just didn't happen for me last night. I think emotion plays a big part in everything and if you can't see it when they perform it makes me think that they wouldn't be able to make it in a musical.

Sarah: No way could Sarah be Nancy. She is too sweet and innocent and I cannot see Nancy in her. Again I don't see the emotion when she sings.

Tara: I cannot see why she was put in the final 12 in the first place. Her singing is all over the place. When she was dancing with the male dancers last night she did not seem comfortable at all. I really do not think she could be Nancy.

After saying this, I still would like Keisha to be the one to leave tonight. If it's not her then Sarah, Ashley or Tara to go.

I think I agree with Taz. Most of these contestants are actually pop style singers. Jessie is sensational but whilst I can see her in Chicago I don't see her as as Nancy, and she does sing out of the side of her mouth a little; Rachel I just don't get at all, she leaves me cold, I don't see why they rave about her at all; Samantha is good, but I think she needs a couple of years experience under her belt. . Dickens described Nancy as round and rosey. So in many respects Jodie really is the the only one who fits the bill. I certainly don't think she is full of herself at all Izzy H , she is certainly a larger than life personality, but that is not the same as being full of yourself, she strikes me as very warm hearted and genuine, which are qualities Nancy needs. We know after this week that she can deliver a subtle and poignant performance, and that she can act. So we have a round and rosey person, someone who is a bit ballsy, warm hearted, and likely to be mumsy with Fagin's boys. I really can't see any of the others pulling it off at all. She is the only one who has got the maturity and the singing and acting skills to carry it off. (I also think they made a huge mistake picking out all these 18 and 19 year olds for the final 12 and I think they know it) .

The thing I hate is when the judges mention the age of the young contestants .... if they have a problem with the age then why put them through to the final 12. They have done it with all 3 series .... and it bugs me all the time.

Anyways, I was happy to see Tara go last night, but I am shocked that Keisha is still in the competition. If they are saying Tara couldn't do 8 shows a week then I think it applies to Keisha aswell. I don't think she would be able to handle it.

And about the Olivers .... they to me are picking the wrong Olivers to go through to the semi-final. There are better singers in the Oliver batch then those they are putting through. There is one that has already been picked for the semi-final that I believe deserves to have got that place ... (cannot remember his name though)

I loved the girls singing 'Welcome to Baltimore' from Hairspray last night. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Its the final tonight and I have to ay I think Jodie is the only one who can do this. Jessie has a fantastic voice but I agree with the guy from The Stage, she is far too inconsitent, her acting is not good enough, and she is no where near ready for this , and she would lose the plot. Sam just shouts and does not have enough layers or maturity, whereas Jodie has the lot. She can hold the audiecne in the palm of her hand, she can act, she has good comic timing and has good stage presence, she also has the emotional maturity to do the role. Jodie is my Nancy. :D

Archived