World "insert word here" Day

Guest Cal

Do you celebrate days like "Daffodil Day" or "Left-handers Day" or any other day which is important to you?

I celebrate World Crohn's and Colitis Day (WCCD). It was only set up last year. But I wasn't aware of that... :P So, I'm celebrating it this year. It's on May 23rd. :) I was thinking of marking the day by telling more people about what I "have". People know that there is something wrong with me, but they don't know exactly what it is. It might be a nice way of celebrating it. :)

So, does anybody celebrate these kind of days? Or do you participate in events for these days?

Does national holidays count? Cause I celebrate May 17th (Norwegian constitution day) like most Norwegians do. And I my friends and I usually get together for some small celebrations on May 10th (Federated states of Micronesia), July 1st (Canada) and July 4th (USA).

December 1st is the World HIV/AIDS day. I don't have HIV or AIDS, but I usually wear a red ribbon on December 1st. I also spread around links to all my beloved educational "HIV, a retrovirus" videos. Well, I do all year, really, but more actively on December 1st :P

• 2 weeks later...

Archived