Lost Without You

Guest -x-Siana-x-

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is brill Siana!! Your a really great writer!

I'm loving this fic already so looking forward to an update :)

lmao your having issues with your laptop keys again :P

Hey Kimmy!!! Haha...

I've missed talking to you... You just dissapeared from MSN and left me with Rach... :o

Haha not that i was on too busy with school work! And yes my keyboard broked again! Beyond repair this time!!!

Anyways! Hey guys!

I know I said I would update on Tuesday but well... My computer still isnt fixed i had to restart the whole thing and the keyboard is still broken! I do have my laptop back though Yay!!! Haha!

I've done something really stupid though! Ok so I did save this fic to my memory stick but it kinda only saved the first 15 chapters so yehh, i've had to write the other chapters all again and change some of the 15 that have saved! so updates may be delayed for a while! Sorry!!

I will update now! but i just want to warn you that this hasnt been proof read and i dont really like this chapter...! The chapters will start to get longer once we get to chapter 4.

Anyways...

Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2

The last time she had been here she had been 8, just an 8 year old small little girl she smiled at all the memories that came flooding back to her from when she was little. She reached her destination- the diner. He used to live here... maybe he still did, if not maybe someone would know. She had to start somewhere, she walked in and instantly recognised Irene. Still working there, she hadn’t changed a single bit; she didn’t even look any older. Martha smiled she didn’t expect anyone to recognise her, to everyone else she was just another tourist coming to their lovely small town on vacation and would be gone within a few days, that was until she heard her name being called.

“Martha... Oh My... Martha is that really you?” Martha looked around and saw a beautiful tall slim blonde girl looking at her smiling, Martha looked blankly at her for a few seconds “Forgive me if you’re not Martha, You just looked awf....”

“Tasha!” Martha leapt into her friends arms and hugged her, Pulling away she noticed how little her friend had changed she smiled and pulled her back into a hug.

“What are you doing here? Ever since Mr Stewart moved up to the city with you lot no-body ever thought we would see any of you again.” Tasha dragged Martha over to a booth with her and sat down. Looking back at her Martha she sensed something was wrong.

“W... what did you say?”

“I said Mr Stewart moved in with you and your family.”

“No he didn’t” Martha shook her head at Tasha “Are you sure he didn’t move to my aunts?”

“Morag? No im sure, she lives here now. Anyway before he left they had a big falling out with each other, and when she came to visit and to make amends between them she found that you had moved house a few weeks before” Tasha looked into Martha eyes, she could see the worry present across her face. Placing her hand on Marathas’ arm she smiled “Don’t worry! Im sure everything is ok, im probably just getting things muddled up, I was only 12 at the time! But Sally knows where he went and why, we’ll go and see her, she’ll know. Honestly Martha don’t worry im just getting things muddled up!” she smiled

Martha who was sat looking rather pale smiled silently. There was something strange going on here and she wanted to know what. She was going to get to the bottom of this if it was the last thing she did.

Tasha dragged Martha up the path to Sallys’ she knocked on the door only to be faced with a tiny little child opening the door to them.

“Ello Nash, Mummy... Mummy Nasha at the door!” She ran back over to the dolls on the floor and played with them Sally came from the kitchen.

“Pip... I told you not to answer the door didn’t I? That’s an adult’s job” Sally looked down to her daughter with her serious face, Pippa just shrugged it off and continued to play “Hi Tasha, come on it”

“Sal, this is Martha you remember her right?” Tasha Pushed her friend into the house and walked in after her.

“Martha... As in Martha Stewart? Of course it is... look at you all grown up come here!” Sally pulled Martha into a hug and smiled at her “How is your grandfather?” Sally sat them both down on the sofa with her.

“Well I was hoping you could tell me that to be quite honest with you. I haven’t seen or heard from him since I left here 14 years ago” Martha’s head dropped as she realised just how much she had missed him. A tear fell down her cheek she tried to wipe it away with the side of her hand but failed as more and more tears fell

“I miss him so much, and now things are starting to get weird, and I mean really weird. I thought he was still here living in Summer Bay” Finally managing to pull herself together Martha stopped crying whilst Sally placed a comforting arm around her.

“Hey... shhh... we’ll get to the bottom of this! Im sure there is perfectly logical explanation” Although sally herself didn’t sound convinced she smiled for Martha’s sake.

2 hours later

“Come on Pip... Tasha’s waiting for you see” Sally went and helped the 4 year old do up her shoes and took her over to Tasha “Tash, are you sure you don’t mind?”

“Of course not don’t be silly, she’s an angle aren’t you sweetie?” Tasha flicked Pippas chin lovingly and laughed, Pippa giggled and jumped around

“Yes... Bye mummy, Bye Mummy friend” she waved at Martha and smiled, Martha waved back.

Tasha had offered to take Pippa out for a bit to get an ice cream so Sally and Martha could talk without being interrupted. Sally waved them off and went and sat back at the table with Martha and gave her a cup of tea.

“Now lets start from the beginning... I’ll tell you what I know and you tell me what you know, deal?” Sally looked at Martha who gave her a small sad smile and nodded.

“Deal, but you start.”

“Ok, Well it must have been 5 years ago, I remember the day like it was yesterday, he walked straight through that door and said “Sal, im leaving, Brett and Roo have invited me go and live with them and Martha” It was all pretty quick to be honest.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FLASHBACK

“Sal, im leaving, Brett and Roo have invited me to go and live with them and Martha!” Alf walked in through the door and smiled at Sally.

“Leaving? For good?” she looked up him shocked and confused. Alf just nodded “Well... This is a big decision Mr Stewart are you sure that’s what you want?”

“Yeh... you know how much I’ve missed them all, especially Martha. This it will give me a chance to get to know my daughter again and it will give us a chance to be a proper family once and for all!” Alf smiled though his words and sat on the sofa next to Sally

Sally turnt to face him and smiled “Well im glad, you will come back to visit wont you? I mean its not like ill never see you again?”

“Of course ill come back to visit, you can’t get rid of me forever!”

“Of course I cant.. I will miss you though. When are you going?” Sally smiled a small sad smile. “You’ve been like my second dad throughout my life, it wont be the same without you around. When are you going?”

“That’s the thing. Im going straight away. Brett said he would send a car up this evening. It works out for everyone then I get to see my family soon and I get a break from my sister for a few weeks.” Alf smiled to sally who now had tears running down her face, she smiled back and gave him a hug “Sal, I’ll be back. I have the Diner that needs taking care off. My first visit back will be in a few weeks”

Sally who had now let go of him looked at him through glazy eyes

“Yeh but this town won’t be the same without Alf Stewart”

End of flashback

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“That’s all I know Martha, he didn’t come back, he phoned to say he wouldn’t be back for a good few months because you hadn’t been very well; and with Brett and Roo out working, he would be looking after you. He said he was sorry that he wouldn’t be back sooner, and as far as I know Irene dealt with the Diner. She and Leah brought it from him half each. Im sorry I cant tell you anything else.” Sally looked sad as Martha sat looking blank

“It’s ok, you’ve told me everything you know; its just something doesn’t quite add up here, its all starting to get a bit strange.” She looked down at her cup of tea and stared into it.

“This all happened 5 years ago yeh? So I was what 12 maybe 13, well that was the time I started asking questions. It got to the point where I’d ask them everyday. “Mum why don’t I see Granddad anymore?” or “Mum I want to go back to Summer Bay these holidays” or “I Don’t like the city I liked living next to the beach with granddad.” She wouldn’t ever answer me and she would never let me ring. He never called either. The really strange thing is around that time they argued a lot and Dad even left for a few months. I used to be his little princess, until we had a stupid, stupid argument. Something had to have happened to him, I didn’t get so ill that I couldn’t look after my self when I was 12 or 13 I wasn’t in hospital for any reason, he wasn’t looking after me... I haven’t seen him in years!” He voice started to break and again tears spilled from her eyes

“Hey, hey come on lets not get upset again. It’s ok Martha, your dads not here. Tell me what happened when you had that argument, it might help to find Mr Stewart.” Sally placed a comforting hand on Mathas shoulder and smiled warmly to her.

“It was on my 15th birthday, and being a spoilt little bitch that I was I asked for a coach ticket here for some of my Christmas holidays, I was so used to getting everything I wanted that, when I didn’t get it I threw a big fat tantrum.”

Flashback

“Where’s my ticket to Summer Bay?” Martha stamped her foot on the ground

“Princess you’re not going to Summer bay! Im sorry Martha it’s just not a safe place for a girl of your age to be.”

“What! Daddy no its not... it’s safer than it is here... why cant I? You cant keep me in the place forever you know? Eventually I’ll be 18 and WON’T have to listen to what you tell me to do. I hate it here... you deciding you wanted e back from granddad was the worst thing that has ever happened to me ever before in my whole life. And do you know what? I hate you for that decision! I hate the both of you!” Martha tried to walk away, she tried to run up the stairs but she didn’t make it passed the 4th step.

Brett grabbed onto her lag causing her to fall to the ground, she screamed in agony as her whole body landed heavily against the wooden stairs. Brett pulled her by her leg so she was now led at the bottom of the stairs with a cut to the right side of her head from hitting her head against the wall.

“You, young lady need to learn to have some respect. Look what you’ve got! You’ve had the best education in the whole of Australia, you live in a big house, which might I just add is bigger than any of your friends. Martha you get everything you want, everything you ask for!” Brett towered over his now weeping daughter on the floor.

Martha pulled herself to her feet and stood there looking stronger than ever, she was not going to let this monster her farther had turnt into defeat her.

“Oh Yeh? Well I’ll teach you a few lessons or 2 Brett... Money does not buy happiness. Happiness is only achieved through love. I remember when I was 3 going to live there, his home his town and his arms is where I felt safest. NOT here... I hate it here... I hate you and I hate mum. You think you can buy my love and buy my happiness well you can’t, and im going to do something about it one day, ill find him. One day I’ll be happy and loved again!”

Knowing she had crossed the line with him she ran. She ran as fast as she could up to her bedroom where she could lock herself in. No matter how fast she ran it was no use. He caught up with her, and boy he gave her the punishment he thought she deserved.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End Of Flashback

“He abused you?” Sally looked horrified at her

“Well i guess you could call it that. It was only that one time, but after that my life was a misery. I lived in my bedroom, mum wouldn’t talk to me, neither would dad and I just became a thing living in there house. They couldn’t wait to get rid of me.” Martha smiled bravely at Sally.

“Oh sweetie... I understand why you think this is getting weird from your point of view. Maybe we should go to the police?” Sally went to pick the phone up, Martha got up and stop her.

“No wait... maybe we should talk to Morag first, she might no something. I don’t want to bother the police until I spoken to her.” Martha put the phone Sally had picked up back down and grabbed her bag from the sofa.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Siana__x

Where's Alf? I'm worried too.

How could Roo and Brett treat Martha like that? :angry: You don't grab someone's leg, especially not when they're going upstairs. That's dangerous! :angry:

Luckily, "Nasha"( :P ) and Sally are still living in the Bay to help Martha. :)

Hope Morag knows more about Alf. :unsure:

Please update soon.

Hey Kimmy!!! Haha...

I've missed talking to you... You just dissapeared from MSN and left me with Rach...

:o How rude <_<:P

Wheres Alfred!?

And GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR to Martha's parents!

I despise them! :angry:

More soon please!

PS - You lost your chapters! *cries*

Grrr, how annoying!

*gives Siany-warny a huggy-wuggy :P*

Thanks for the comments guys!!!

Oh and Rach... stop with the tounge... I told you about that yesterday!

Hmmm... I thought I would let you know that I dislike this chapter alot! Its boring and nothing much interesting happens... Its just one of those chapters that needs to be there! But yeh anyways this one again hasnt been proofed, but never mind! I thought I would post it now so I can get on with my interesting chapters.... that are more fun to write... :) Kinda...

Oh and if anyone wants to volunteer to be my proof... you can PM me :D

Anyways...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3.

“Do you remember Morag Martha?” They walked up the drive to Morag’s beach-side house

“Yes a little... I remember she had a very sharp tongue and she didn’t like little kids much.” Martha smiled and paused where she was, she looked at Sally. “Granddad always used to tell me to ignore her, that she would get used to me as time passed... she did apparently” Martha’s eyes lit up as she thought of her life when she was a child. The child who had not a care in the world. Sometimes, just sometimes, she wished she still was that innocent little girl who had not a care in the world about anything. Sallys voice snapped her back to reality.

“Yeh she did... when she came back to find you had gone, she was annoyed at Mr Stewart for not telling her so she could come back and say goodbye to you properly.” Sally took Martha by the arm and continued to walk up the drive to the front door.

“I hope she doesn’t hate me anymore, she did really used to scare me” Martha hung back a little as Sally knocked on the door. Sally turnt to her and beckoned her over.

“She does not hate you.” There was a noise the other side of the door, which sally took to be Morag opening it. The door opened and for the first time in 14 years Martha saw a member of her family other than her mother or father. “Morag, Hi... I was just wondering if you had time for a little chat.”

“Of course I do, please co...” Morag saw who was stood next to Sally and instantly recognised her “Martha?” Morag looked at the young lady in delight.

A Warm smile spread across Martha’s face “Hello Auntie Morag!”

Morag pulled her niece in for a cuddle and broke away after a minute and looked at her “Martha, you honestly have no idea how long I’ve been looking for you. Look at you, all grown up and into such a beautiful young lady I must admit. Come in anyway let me get you both a drink.”

The pair of them walked in and made themselves comfortable on the sofas in the living area. Morag was soon in with chilled lemonaid for them she sat down on the sofa opposite Martha.

“What can I do for you both, I take it this isn’t just a social visit?”

“It’s both!” Martha was quick to reply, she did not want her aunt to think she just wanted to talk about her granddad. “But the social stuff can wait.” Martha paused, mid sentence and took a sip of her drink.

“There was something bigger I wanted to talk to you about, if you don’t mind of course” she looked at her auntie with pleading eyes. To this Morag smiled.

“Martha, go ahead of course I don’t mind. You’ve no idea how good it is to see you, now if there is something I can help you with go ahead the quicker we sort that out the quicker we can get around the social stuff”

“It’s about Granddad... I know you probably think that he’s been living with us all these passed years, well he hasn’t.” Martha paused and looked down into her hands, she found herself biting her lip to hold back the tears. “The truth is I don’t know where he is, or where he’s been. Mum wouldn’t ever talk about him with me and whenever I waned to come and visit she just got mad; I don’t mean mad I mead really mad. Do you know anything? Please auntie Morag If you do please, please tell me! I’m beginning to get really worried!”

Morag looked at Martha in complete shock. “What... but... Alfred told me he was moving in with you. I must be missing something here Martha.”

“No you’re not... it’s exactually as it sounds, I haven’t seen Granddad since I was 8.” With the last sentence she realised she could no longer hold it in, tears spilled from her eyes leading onto uncontrollable sobs.

Morag took Martha’s hand and squeezed it tightly. “Calm down, it’s ok. Martha I’m going to get to the bottom of this, but first I need you to tell me everything you know.”

“That’s the thing, that’s why I came to find you because I don’t know anything about this whole situation!”

Sally moved herself across the sofa and put a comforting arm around Martha. “Just tell her what you told me.”

The next hour and a half was spent telling Morag about Martha’s childhood, and how lonely and left out from the rest of the world she felt. Morag was not amused at anything she was hearing; firstly her great niece was such an unhappy child. Secondly Roo and Brett had done something to her brother. Something that was beginning to sound very suspicious. Although she wasn’t going to let Martha know even she found it suspicious.

“See, that’s why im so worried. I just don’t know what to do next.”

“We go to the police. There’s nothing else we can do.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Preview

• -Who does Martha meet at the police station? :P
    -What has Alf been up to :huh::o

Siana__x

Wicked 2nd chapter!! and i totally agree with matticus01, the way you portray martha is great!

I've missed talking to you... You just dissapeared from MSN

Aw i've missed talking to you to but at this exact moment i'm on msn.. and your not ... making it your fault :D

Looking forward to an update :) .. nd it best me jack she meets at the station.... :P

Archived