Out of the Blue

Guest Dan F

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Yep. It’s interesting though how this past week he just seems utterly defeated which is a stark contrast to how he was previously after he and Becka moved first in together (when he started counselling Tracey) obviously because of the breakdown of their relationship. That’s why I just can’t accept that he’s in love with Angela. I’m actually quite disappointed with this whole storyline. I think Becka functions much better in scenes at home with Stephen, Kirsten and Kyle than she does when pining after Jarrod. It’s also a shame that Angela’s been diagnosed with a terminal illness too. The impression I got when we first saw her was that she’s was brought in to stir things up which would add an extra dimension to the storyline. And when I first saw the way she was at the dinner table with Poppi, Gabbi, Stavva etc I thought she actually had real promise but it seems as though she, Steven, Kirsten, Kyle have all been partially sacrificed for the sake of Becka and Jarrod and that looks like it’s not going to happen now.

I'm really glad to see you are still enjoying this show, Slade. It must be coming near to the end now :(

Good to see you again Miranda. I had a feeling it was ending soon. I also have a feeling we won’t get to see what happens with Poppy and Debra.

Any news on whether there are gonna be anymore episodes?

Sadly, barring a miracle, there won't be another series. :( The show's future on the BBC was pretty much sealed after the hasty move to BBC Two, while Ten in Australia have also done everything they can to make sure that it isn't a success (putting it on at 10.30pm and then removing it from the slot when it built up an audience against the odds). All I can suggest doing is emailing the BBC and telling them how disappointed you are by how they treated such a great show.

I’m going to ask a silly question but how would the BBC be able to influence whether or not they decide to do another series if it is an Australian show.

BBC are in charge of the show. They funded it and everything. They decided to produce it after Fiver bought Neighbours off them. They wanted an Australian soap to replace it so decided, in conjunction with Ten, to make their own.

isn't there anything that Five can do about it now that they are showing it? they can't just leave the series on a cliffhanger though!! can they?

isn't there anything that Five can do about it now that they are showing it? they can't just leave the series on a cliffhanger though!! can they?

Looks like they have though :( Everyone I know who loves OOTB has written to the powers that be, signed petitions, pestered everyone they can, but nothing has happened. To be honest, it was a miracle that Five started showing OOTB after BBC stopped. So at least a wider audience saw it :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

TBH I found it hard to get into week before last. The main things were the revelation of Deborah’s child who turned out to be Jason which I found a HUGE disappointment. I thought it would have been far better if it had been Poppi. Incidentally I didn’t even cop on that Deborah was Zoe’s grandmother. The other things worth noting were again the car ring with Fletch and Daniel (which didn’t particularly interest me) and Angela’s deterioration. Good scene with her and Kyle in his bedroom BTW.

This week the stuff with Daniel and Fletch has been better. As much as I like him I can’t help thinking that his beating was some sort of comeuppance. Let’s not forget he’s a thug. He put both Blade (which indirectly caused the stuff re Kirsten’s kidnapping and Becka i.e. the Taser) and his mother’s former accountant in hospital. In saying that I thought Lucia going to the police like that was extremely impulsive and I think he got off pretty lightly in all honesty. There was a positive though, at least he’s out of the illegal car ring now and Lucia continues to have a good effect on him.

I quite like the storyline with Tracey suffering from amnesia after the operation to remove her tumour. I really liked the scene with her and Zoe in the bedroom and she was telling her all the stories she could remember and Jarrod was outside listening and smiling. I liked how everyone was treating her with kid gloves, slowly revealing bits of her past, her feeling out of place and her horror at the realisation that she took somebody’s life (one of the things I noted before was the marked lack of empathy, remorse and unwillingness to fully admit that she did the wrong thing). I’m not quite sure how the memory loss works but it’s funny how she forgot who everyone was but knew exactly how to use the Internet. I was a bit surprised Deborah agreed to the truce with her though. Good scene too with Daniel on the cliff.

Becka’s been great this week. Have really liked her. Totally selfless and I’m glad she accepted Tracey’s apology.

I felt sorry for Deborah when she went to ask Jason if they could give things another go. She seemed almost…desperate. Glad Daniel agreed to a truce. It looks as though Jason had a girlfriend that he left behind which could complicate things with Gabi.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived