Isabel Lucas a wanted woman

Guest Lilone

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone ever tasted whales?

I have actually.... I doesn't taste good at all! The meat is dark and tough and it's smells really bad, IMO. My parents forced it on me, it will not happen again.

That happened to me too :lol: My first, and last, time I tasted whale, was in 2005. I only have one word for it: yuck! :ph34r:

Its a sad state of affairs these days that you actually get punished for trying to stop these barbaric acts of cruelty, why don't they punish the people who are actually killing the whales :angry:

Yeah, why do the nice people have to pay for it?! :angry: Why can’t the barbarians pay for it instead?! <_<

Wanted activist Lucas may risk arrest

Herald Sun

November 22, 2007

AUSTRALIAN actor Isabel Lucas says an arrest warrant issued by Japanese police over her part in an anti-whaling protest won't prevent her from returning to the country.

The Logie award-winning actor took part in a high-profile protest in Japan at a site where thousands of pilot whales are slaughtered every year.

The former Home & Away star joined other celebrities and professional surfers to form a floating circle on surfboards offshore near the coastal village of Taiji in late October, sparking a heated confrontation with local fishermen.

Lucas, along with five others, including Hayden Panettiere who stars in US TV action show Heroes, face arrest warrants for ``interfering with international commerce''.

But Lucas hasn't been deterred by the warrant, saying she was thinking of returning to Japan next year.

"They can't do anything while we're in Australia,'' she told the Seven Network's Today Tonight program.

"If we do go back to Japan there's the risk we would be arrested at the airport.''

Its a sad state of affairs these days that you actually get punished for trying to stop these barbaric acts of cruelty, why don't they punish the people who are actually killing the whales :angry:

I agree with you, but they are actually trying to impose a sanction on Japan to stop them doing this, so hopefully they won't be getting away with it.

• 3 weeks later...

Lucas's whale mission

From Confidential

December 10, 2007 05:14am

SHE played the slightly loopy but loveable hippy Tasha on Home and Away, but now former Summer Bay beauty Isabel Lucas is a real-life rebel with a cause.

The stunning star's stepped up her plight to save the whales by becoming the first to sign a new petition started by The Advertiser's Sydney sister The Daily Telegraph.

Created with environmental campaigners Greenpeace, the petition aims to show the Japanese people the intensity of feeling in Australia about the hunting and killing of whales.

Taking a break from filming on the set of Steven Spielberg's new production The Pacific at South Coogee, Isabel said Japanese people needed to be informed.

Sitting beside a giant harpoon, used by Australian whalers just 30 years ago, Isabel explained the gruesome process.

"Looking at this, it's just a big lump of metal, but then you start to think about the history of the thing," she said.

"The tip is filled with explosives and the hooks on the side, here, catch on to their internal organs. 'I've seen how they kill these animals, it is absolutely brutal."

And she knows, at last week's AFI Awards, Isabel told Confidential she'd been swimming in a sea of red blood while on a Greenpeace mercy mission!

Archived