Morag

Guest Frankie

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slightly off topic, but I had a beer last night - the ones with the questions in the lid - and I got this question: "Who is the actress that hosts The Weakest Link?" Being an Australian beer, the answer was so obviously - MORAG! :o (Well, Cornelia :P) I was so happy lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Because I love Cornelia as an actress I naturally love Morag.

I don't remember much of her stints in the early days but I believe, although the bitch, she had a vulnerable side which occasionally came through. I remember her weeping outside the church at Bobby and Frank's wedding after vowing she had no emotional attatchment to her daughter. Also I have vauge recollections of her being stalked or someone being in her appartment in the early days. Did she have a fear of spiders and someone planted one in her flat or similar? I don't know why or what it was about but I have vague memories of seeing it when I was a kid. Anyone have any more details.

One of my favourite scenes more recently was when that bitch Martha told her some home truths about her being a lonely bitter woman. Cornelia's performance of Morag facing up to herself and then departing the bay was wonderful to watch - even if I was sad that the character was leaving.

I think I read in an interview that in her return stint now she will be returning to her old bitchy ways a bit more and may be having a love interest - I wonder who? Whatever happens I hope she sticks around for a long time!

The spider thing did happen. A guy called Danny was trying to gain revenge for his father's being jailed by Morag and sent her a spider cos he'd learned from Don, I think, that she was scared stiff of them. He did lots of nasty stuff if I remember rightly, and also had a romance with Bobby, although I can't remember if that was only a means to get to Morag.

Looking forward to seeing a bit more of Morag this year! Hopefully she will go back to her old pre-personality transplant days... I suppose a lot of her character then was based around her reaction to Bobby, so maybe that explains why she's a bit mellower now..

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Denfitley more mellow Morag she is lot more stornger now then she was in 80s. I mean i wonder if ever Ailsa or Bobby were sitll alive if they get along with Morag. i think Morag whould try to make it up Bobby but then didit you noticed after Morag return folling Ailsas death see all of sudden seem lot more softer.

When did Morag become more softer was when she return in 2001 or was when she help Alf with his brain thourmour.

Not that iam sicking up for old Morag but there were time when you saw small spots of kind person for example she look after Maylin.

And she always seem to been kind to felecthers.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't remember the nasty Morag very well, but I love her current reactions in the show.

Finding out Colleen was her half sister was very entertaining.

Her strong views on Jack & Martha getting back together.

Helping all with their legal problems; just to name a few.

Archived