Tim Campbell news...

Guest bttb-rox!

Tim Campbell departs the Bay

SOURCE The Daily Telegraph

October 07, 2007 12:00am

BREAKING up is hard but Tim Campbell did it yesterday when he filmed his last scenes on Home and Away after 3½ years.

"It's ony really hit me now I've made this decision and, knowing how hard it can be as an actor, I wonder if it is the right decision," Campbell told TV editor Marcus Casey.

"It's a fantastic place to work and the actors and crew are the nicest bunch to work with and I will miss the social aspect but I'm excited I have other work lined up."

Campbell is heading to Perth for a six-week run in Rent before an extended season asJohnny O'Keefe in a new production of Shout in Melbourne and Sydney.

He will be on screen until the end of the year but it will be a messy departure as his character Dan is happily married to Ada Nicodemou.

"They did want me to stay on because Dan is safely married to Ada's character and it's an established relationship so it will be an unfortunate storyline," he said. "He doesn't get killed off - he gets a job offer he can't refuse and leaves Summer Bay behind."

Which of course leaves open the possibility of Dan one day returning home from being away.

Good to know he doesn't get killed off, but I think it's hard to see Leah/Dan surviving a long distance relationship. Dan has been underused a bit this year, so its a bit sad it has to end like this. Tim Campbell is an amazing actor, I'm sure he'll make a very fine Johnny O'Keefe. :)

Good to know he doesn't get killed off, but I think it's hard to see Leah/Dan surviving a long distance relationship. Dan has been underused a bit this year, so its a bit sad it has to end like this. Tim Campbell is an amazing actor, I'm sure he'll make a very fine Johnny O'Keefe. :)

I think so too. I can see them breaking up in the future.

...before an extended season as Johnny O'Keefe in a new production of Shout in Melbourne and Sydney.

I've seen an amature production of this, and it was quite good. My parents loved it. I wonder if I can get them to go see it again! :o

Archived