Is Libby Kennedy returning to Neighbours?

Guest simmins

Will Neighbours fans be seeing Libby Kennedy back on their favourite soap again soon? That's the rumour currently doing the rounds in Australia.

According to reports from Down Under, actress Kym Valentine has been in talks with the soap's producers about reprising her role later this year.

She quit in 2004 after 10 years to star in a stage version of Dirty Dancing, and has recently been concentrating on music, performing in an acoustic duo with Tommy Rando, who also plays in Alan 'Karl Kennedy' Fletcher's band Waiting Room.

Now it seems she's ready to return to the role which made her name, and with the Kennedys about to endure a difficult period, it's the perfect time for Libby to come back.

Her parents, Susan and Karl Kennedy, recently retied the knot in a romantic ceremony in London.

But there's already trouble brewing for the pair, following the revelation that the former doctor is the father of Holly Hoyland, Izzy's newborn baby girl.

Karl's about to hotfoot it back to the UK for an emotional reunion with the youngster, who he delivered on his and Susan's wedding day.

Meanwhile, former priest Tom Scully is heading back to Erinsborough and he's determined to win Susan's heart all over again.

www.perfectblend.net/

I hope if she does come back, Darren comes with her as her leaving to be with him was the perfect end for Libby and it'll be sad if they've decided to break them up in the hope of getting more viewers. If Darren doesn't come with her i hope she's only visiting and will go back to him. I loved Libby and would love to see her again but i don't want them to spoil a classic character in a desperate bid to grab a few more viewers.

I hope if she does come back, Darren comes with her as her leaving to be with him was the perfect end for Libby and it'll be sad if they've decided to break them up in the hope of getting more viewers. If Darren doesn't come with her i hope she's only visiting and will go back to him. I loved Libby and would love to see her again but i don't want them to spoil a classic character in a desperate bid to grab a few more viewers.

I agree completely! I love Libby but I don't want her back without Darren, it was her fairytale ending.

^ Agreed with you both. I loved the fact that she got back with her childhood sweetheart - no one else could ever have matched Drew. It's always a problem who to pair a character up with once their 'soulmate' dies (I'm thinking of the disasters that were Hayley and Scott and Angel and Simon in H&A), but that was a lovely ending for Libby. Let's hope they don't break them up as a plot device. Although IMO it does sound like she's just coming back for a short stint, but nothing has been confirmed.

Archived