Belinda Emmett- Is she who I think she is?

Guest WillowsTara

I know Belinda died months ago, but it's only recently when I started to exactly remeber who she played as, was Belinda the actress who played as Rebecca years back? (The Rebecca who left with Travis on a boat)...If so...Then that means the Actress of a favourite character of mine had died and I had no idea. 9Was it in the 90's)

Well I was really young back then, maybe in early teens, or before that, I never thought about the actors who played the characters, she was even in a story of mine.

So does Belinda play as Rebecca? Or did. It's kinda funny really, she played my favourite Character back then and I had no idea who she was, I guess it's also because I remebered Rebecca that chick with the blonde curly hair (It wasn't Rebecca Cartwright that's for sure), expect I always had referred her to Rebecca in those early days because I never looked her up, I don't think I even knew who played Sally, Alf, Colleen, Irene, not even Selina, Angel, I don't think I knew who played Jade for a while either (And she was another favourite character of mine).

This happens alot with me actually, see I tend to start like the character or Actress after they leave/die, so of course I realized who Belinda Emmett was besides Rove's wife, only a few months after her death. Same happened with Glenn Quinn who played as an Actor on Angel, althought I liked the character/Actor after he was dead but before I realized he was dead.

And even thought the actors of these characters didn't die, I started to like Jade/Tara (Buffy) after Kate/Amber leaves the show, plus I didn't know who Tara's Actress was until after Amber left the show.

Does anyone else here do that? Tend to like actors/actresses and thier characters after thier characters leave or die, or even after the Actor's death?

Yeah Belinda played Rebecca. She too was my favourite character, her and Travis were my favourite couple. I think she was on around 1997ish, cant remember. But yeah, her death was sad. Her tribute at the Carols in the Domain last year brought a tear to my eye :(

Yeah, from 1996 to 1999, with a small break in 1998 when she got cancer.

She was replaced with Megan Connolly who died in 2001, which is sad but kind of coincidental seeing how Donald Fisher had four children, three died in the show the fourth one didn't but two of the four actresses that played her died.

• 3 months later...

The originally Rebecca (Jane Hall) who played her for a handful of episodes in 1989 is now in Neighbours as another Rebecca- Oliver's real mum. Very strange i find.

Yeah the Rebecca thing is so weird with 2 of them having died. I find it strange that they recast Rebecca so much..i understand why they needed Connelly when Emmett was ill but why couldn't they have kept Jane Hall or Danielle Carter? I wonder if the producers asked one of them and they couldn't make it?!

However, Emmett's Rebecca was by FAR the best, because it was the only contract Rebecca, the others were all guests..but also because she was such a great singer and being the music teacher was perfect. I just found her really watchable and i loved all the Rebecca/Fisher/Marilyn scenes. I don't think if Don ever came back for good Rebecca should return..they can't recast her again because Emmett was Rebecca.

• 3 months later...

This happens alot with me actually, see I tend to start like the character or Actress after they leave/die, so of course I realized who Belinda Emmett was besides Rove's wife, only a few months after her death. Same happened with Glenn Quinn who played as an Actor on Angel, althought I liked the character/Actor after he was dead but before I realized he was dead.

And even thought the actors of these characters didn't die, I started to like Jade/Tara (Buffy) after Kate/Amber leaves the show, plus I didn't know who Tara's Actress was until after Amber left the show.

Does anyone else here do that? Tend to like actors/actresses and thier characters after thier characters leave or die, or even after the Actor's death?

Ah Glenn... I remembered him from Rosanne, and when he started on Angel, I thought his Irish accent was fake (because he'd been playing an American character before). I felt very silly when I learned it was the other way around :P. In my defense, they made him alter it so that it could be better understood by an American audience, so I might have been picking up on that.

I always liked him, so I didn't like him more... I guess I appreciated the luck I had at owning some of his best work on DVD though. When someone has a short life, I think it's a privilege when a decent amount of that life is recorded on film to remember them by. It's ironic that his character died on the show, and that Angel and Cordelia had a short video tape of him to look back on. It was so poignant when they used that footage again in a later series, after the actor had died... I can't imagine the real life grief that the other actors would have been feeling at having to "play" that onscreen.

Kevin Smith was one of my favourite actors on Hercules and Xena. He played Ares, God of War. He had a couple of kids. I remember that because he said he drew them Pokemon... I like Pokemon, so that impressed me. After Xena, he got his big film break starring opposite a famous Hollywood actor (I think it was Bruce Willis, but I don't really remember.) Unfortunately, there was an accident on set and he died. I still miss him... but I love that I can laugh at his antics onscreen, and not be too sad about it because when I watch that, it's like he's still around.

I didn't watch Home and Away while Belinda Emmet was there, so I can't really say that I miss her as an actress, but as a good person, I think it's sad that she's gone. I mainly knew her through Rove talking about her, and the little bit I saw of her being interviewed by him.

So to answer your question, no, I don't like characters more after the actors have left or died, BUT, I do get this annoying attachment to characters who are leaving soon, and often it happens that I start liking them just before I know that they'll soon be gone forever. I call it the Noah Syndrome, because Noah (Home and Away) is the first character that I can track it to. Although now that I think about it, I think it was his ghost that I liked more than the living character... it still happens without a death involved though.

Bobby Morely

being the most recent heart-breaker <_<.

Heath Ledger's death has devestated me, and I wouldn't even call myself a huge fan. I just liked him in a couple of movies, and respected his attitude towards the media and to his work. And he's an Australian, five years older than I am, and taking really similar prescription drugs to me... which so easily killed him. That's sort of shaken me. I do think that I'll appreciate his characters more ironically now that I know more about his personal life (whether I like that fact or not), and I may feel a closer relation to him as a person.

Archived