Summer Bay In The Future

Guest Zetti

Chapter 16

“What is it, Martha?” peter was worried by the look she had on her face.

“Zoe is my sister and I have no idea why she has surfaced after all this time” Martha scowled

Peter called Ash and explained everything to him regarding what Martha had said. Ash was called out of the room and when he came back in he whispered something to Peter.

“Ok, get Jack in the interview room"

"What is going on?"

"New evidence has come to light regarding your abduction and it may be enough to get Jack bail.”

“Why is Jack being questioned regarding my abduction for?”

“Well, he was involved and we need to know what happened”

Ash walked in and asked Peter “Jack should be reinstated on a provisional basis till the matter is sorted out and also uniform are bringing Adam in.”

Peter agreed and Martha’s heart jumped at joy.

“Martha, you have to go now so we can do this and go and lift the restraining order against Jack and I will try to ease the Judge’s decision to a fine”

“No need that is my job, Detective” came Morag’s voice.

“Morag! Nice to see you”

“Likewise, I have been to the judge and as long as Martha signs this paperwork, no charges are to be pressed.”

“Well give it to me!”

Martha signed the papers and Peter went off to inform Jack that the charges were dropped. A few minutes later, Jack walked in and he said to Morag whilst hugging Martha “thank you”

“No Problem, I will file these papers and let you and my nieces live your life in peace”

Jack grinned and as he went to kiss Martha, Morag said “treat my niece and my great niece properly or you will have to answer to me sonny boy”

Martha laughed at that and suddenly went “I promised Rachel I would go to her scan with her”

She winced at Jack but Jack wasn’t bothered, “its fine baby, go and see Rachel”

“Ok bye”

“I love you”

“I love you too” Martha replied!

Jack walked back into the station and said “let’s get to work”

Life for them was as good as it could be till Zoe Maxell arrived in the Bay and they had no idea how much she was involved in the abduction…..

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had this chapter on the computer and decided to post. Enjoy!

This chapter is dedcated to becky for helping choose

the babys name!

Chapter 17

Zoe walked into Martha’s apartment where she was packing her things up for the second time to move in with Jack. “So what’s new, baby sis?”

Martha knew the voice and scowled. She looked up and asked “what the hell do u think u are playing at wreaking havoc with my husband?”

“Well I had to be sure that he was legitimate”

“Like u had to see if Paul was legitimate?” Martha asked in a menacing tone. Her natural tendency to be sweet was vanishing quickly.

“Ohhh sister, u have to bring up the past, doesn’t u?”

“U slept with my ex boyfriend and I am doing the wrong thing!”

Martha took a deep breath and calmly said “keep away from me or I will not be responsible for my actions!”

“Temper”

By this time, Jack had arrived and he witnessed Martha trying to punch the seven bells out of Martha.

He quickly separated them and Zoe left but not without any parting words “watch out for me”

2 months later (Martha is 7 ½ months gone)

Jack was in the waiting room with Martha to go in for the scan. Dr Tazewell walked in and asked for Martha Mackenzie.

Martha winced at the name but didn’t press things so Jack wouldn’t become upset. They walked into the room and Martha lay on the bed for the scan.

It took a while for the scan to take place but when the baby image came up and they saw it, Martha gasped.

Dr Tazewell knew why “Martha just breathe in and out”

Jack had now clocked on and realised what was happening.

“Aaarrggghhhhhhhhhhh”

Jack rubbed Martha’s back and after 21 hours….. their baby was born.

“It’s a boy!”

Jack was so happy and he stared at his newborn son…

“Hey, baby….”

“We haven’t got a name for him, have we?” Martha said

“No, not yet”

“Well we don’t have to choose now do we?”

“No” replied Jack

“But we could”

“Yeh”

“what about Kyle”

“no!” jack exclaimed.

“we always said if it was a boy I choose!”

“Don’t think so matey”

“lets compromise on it”

“Ok, I want to call him Leo”

“U?”

“Leo sounds good!”

“Decided then!”

Martha picked up Leo and Jack sat next to her.

“Our perfect family”

“Yes, I am never leaving u ever again” he promised

Will it be true?

Chapter 18

Leo was bouncing around the room while Jack was trying to do some paperwork. He normally wouldnt be that bothered but he was on a short fuse today.

"Leo,dont do that here ok?"

"Ok Dad" he said with tear forming face.

Martha walked in and spotted Leo. She said to Leo "whats wrong darling?"

"Daddy won’t let me play" he began to cry

Jack tried to argue but Martha gave him that look so he just went back to his work defeated.

Later on that night when Leo was in bed. Jack snuggled up on the sofa with Martha who was tired and worn out after putting Leo to bed.

"Get to sleep all right did he?"

"Yes"

Jack's phone rang and it was Rachel for Martha.

Jack handed the phone to Martha and Rachel spoke into the phone "Martha, i got your results back today"

"Oh,ok what is it?" She deliberately said it in that way to throw Jack off the scent.

"Erm its negative"

"Thanks" a big grin spreading across her face

In the Bush

Zoe said to Ash “you did change them didn’t u?”

“yes I did”

“Good, we are on course for our plan”

Zoe kissed Ash and he kissed her back and they ended pulling each other onto the couch. He trickled kisses up her neck and down her chest.

They kissed for about 10 minutes in a tangled mess before Ash pulled away. Zoe tried to kiss him again, but he had got up and buttoned up his shirt.

"I have to go and babysit remember!"

"Ok, remember our plan ok?"

"Ok i will be back later"

Ash kissed her and walked out of the appartment.

He walked to Jack's apartment when he arrived Leo was bouncing around the kitchen while Jack was trying to do his tie up right!

"Hey mate"

"hey Chooka, u still allright to babysit 'jumping Leo!'

Ash laughed at that "yeah"

Martha walked in and spotted Ash, "hey ash u still here!"

"eh"

"Ignore her" Jack said

"Be nice to Uncle ash!" jack said to Leo.

"Okeyyy!"

Martha and Jack got ready to leave the house. When theyleft, ash said to Leo "we are going to surprise your mum and dad"

"yayyy"

"go get your coat"

Leo got his coat and while he did that, Ash wrote a message to Jack and Martha "if you want to see Leo again, contact me and you will recieve some instructions"

Leo came back in and Ash took him to the car and drove him somewhere far far away

Ash put leo in the unused warehouse and Zoe came in and said to Ash "good man, we got him"

Zoe thought to herself "my plan has begun"

What danger is Leo in?

Chapter 19

Leo wanted a drink so he kept on banging the door screaming and shouting for a drink.

Ash wanted to give him one and Zoe was pessimistic about it.

“Zoe, give him a drink, he is 6years old and we are doing this to get rid of Jackâ€

“I know but Leo is imperative in our planâ€

“If he is imperative then what are we doing making him dehydratedâ€

“He wontâ€

Ash just sighed “fine, don’tâ€

He stared at Leo and vowed to protect him from pain, he wouldn’t let anything at all happen to him.

Zoë said to him “I won’t hurt him; I am not that sort of personâ€

“Ok†still not entirely sure.

Ash walked out and Zoë went to bed. Ash was not going to let Zoë go through with her plan so he texted Jack to pick Leo up from the park.

Jack knew that Zoë had planned this and Ash was working undercover to put Zoe away for good.

Martha was in on it too so that it would be convincing Martha let it happen on the condition that nothing was to happen to Leo and Jack wasn’t to put himself in danger.

Jack drove to the park to pick up Leo and make sure Ash was on target for the next stage of the plan to get Zoe.

Ash said to Jack "I am fine, dont worry about it, i would never enfanger you, Martha or Leo

"Ok, any problems ring me or Peter"

"I wiill" Jack turned around and Ash called out to him "if i dont survive this make me a promise?"

"You will survive this"

"if i dont though?"

"Ok i will"

"Look after Martha and Leo and look after my wife and my children please" he said this with a forlorn look on his face.

Jack's heart broke and he replied "Just concentrate on this op and if the worst comes to the worst, then i will promisr ok?"

"Ok"

Ash walked to his car while Jack put Leo in the backseat while Leo said "Is Uncle Ash going to be ok?"

"I hope so"

He thought to himself "i hope so"

Thats all for now, sorry its short

I need you to answer a question.

There will be a death in this fic and it is either Leo or Martha? Your choice, pm me with the choice

Chapter 20 part 1 of 2

Ash drove back to the warehouse where he went to bed knowing he may not live the night. Jack drove home glad he had his family with him but he didn’t know that day was to change his entire life.

Martha was at home waiting for Jack to arrive and her body was trembling so much that she thought it would cause an earthquake.

“Hey hunni” Zoe walked in and said “don’t bother screaming at all cos no one will hear you.”

“Jack is due home any minute!” Martha said trembling with fear.

“Nup he has a flat tire” she retorted.

Jack was actually on his way home but decided to take Leo on a drive around the town for a bit longer.

He rang Martha to tell her but she didn’t answer, Jack thought she probably on the landline telling everyone that Leo was allright was that Martha was laying on the floor after Zoe stabbed her.

Zoe picked up the phone and hissed down the phone “I want Leo now so either u cooperate or stabbed Martha will not get to the hospital”

“Why are u doing this?

Jack was so gobsmacked that he said “u bitch, what do u want with my son?”

“Everything?”

“Your choice, Martha or Leo?”

Jack’s heart sank ‘how the hell was he supposed to choose?’

He thought of what Martha would have said and right then he knew what he was going to do, “Leo, darling, I have to make a phone call so I will go out of the car, stay in the car and make sure you don’t talk to anyone at all ok?”

“Ok dad”

Jack got up out of the car and rang Zoe back, on the third call she picked up “made your decision”

“Yes I choose….”

Part 2

“Come on I haven’t got all day and Martha only has about 10 minutes left.”

“Why the hell are you doing this?”

“Revenge” she stated simply

“Take me not them”

“No, just make the choice”

“I cant”

“well only one alternative, Martha dies”

“no”

“you may as well listen to this,”

Zoe picked up her gun and aimed a shot at Martha. Martha had enough strength to stutter out “let mee talkk to JJack”

Zoe stopped and looked at her and said “ok”

she put the phone to her ears and Martha spoke very gently “jjack”

“Martha”

“Loook after Leo” she wheezed out.

“I will, I love u”

“mee to”

“Ok enough”

“Zoe please, don’t do this”

“I have to”

“let me take her place” he begged

It was too late for jack to beg because Zoe had shot her. Jack just stared at the phone, picked himself up and walked up to the car, shot off to his and Martha’s apartment because that seemed to be the only rational thing he could do.

He arrived at the apartment to see Ash standing there arresting Zoe. “What is going on?”

“I got here just before she shot Martha and she shot a hole in the carpet”

Jack sighed with relief “where is Martha”

“Hospital”

Leo came running in and Jack said to him “get your pyjamas, you are staying at Grandpa’s”

“Yayyyyyy” he spanned into his room.

Ash took Leo to Tony’s and Jack drove to the hospital as he thought of life without Martha.

He arrived at the hospitaland as he walked into the room where Martha was, nurse Julie was walking out.

Jack stopped her and asked what was wrong. She grimly said “she has not got long”

Jack breathed in and walked in “hey darling”

Martha wheezed out “hey, leo alright”

“he’s allright”

“gooddd, look after him and never let him forget that I love him”

“Martha, you can tell him yourself, I don’t have to”

“Please Jack?”

“Ok” his heart breaking into a million pieces

“Also, remember that I love u”

“Martha..”

“Jacky love u and I am going to a better place”

“I love u too”

Just after that, Jack held Martha and when she didn’t answer him, he knew she had gone.

Dont all kill me straight away!

Chapter 21

Jack was sitting in the lounge when Leo walked in, “hey you , it’s late, why aren’t you in bed?”

“I cant sleep and I want mummy” Leo cried to his dad

"Me too Leo"he thought to himself.

“It will be all right” Jack told him soothingly

“Is mummy in heaven right now daddy" Leo asked Jack

Jack looked at the little boy who was clearly upset by the loss of his mum

“Yes and she is watching over us right now smiling at us”

Leo looked up and waved at the ceiling “hey mummy”

Jack hugged and put him in his bed. Leo looked at him and said “cant I sleep in your bed?” he asked shyly

“Ok, but only for tonight”

“Let’s go then, daddy!” Leo said ahppily

At Ash’s flat:

Ash was on the phone to someone “she got there didn’t she?”

“Yes” the voice replied.

“Good, put her on the phone”

“Ok I will”

The person went off to get her, “hello”

“Hey, what do you want me to do now,”

“Act normal because that is all you can do”

“Not possible I cant hes my best friend"

“Jack and Leos hearts are breaking right now because of you”

“It will be for a greater cause”

“I know it doesn’t mean I have to like it”

“I know”

“Ok take care”

She hung up the phone and looked at a picture on the mantelpiece of Jack and Leo.

‘I miss you but it will be for the greater good’ Martha thought to herself.

5 days later

“Martha the plan is nearly finished; you can come back into this world”

“I can’t; Jack needs time as does Leo”

“You mean you are not ready to explain to them why you did this to them” Ash asked

“Basically, I cant do this to Jack and Leo

Remember to give the letter to Jack”

“I will”

Ash walked across the beach to where Jack was sat, Leo was splashing about in the water.

“Hey Jack”

“Hey Chooka”

“I saw Martha before she died and she gave me this”

“What?”

“A letter for you”

Ash held the letter out and Jack took it with his hands trembling into his hands.

He laid it in front and stared at it with a million thoughts whirring into action in his brain as he tried to drum up the courage to open the letter.

He opened it after what seemed to be an eternity

Jack

I love you, there is no simple way to say this, right now you are hurting and you don’t want it to happen.

I love you and I want you to know that if you find a special someone then you should be able to be with them don’t hesitate.

Love you always Martha

Next chapter: Sam's back with Katie

Chapter 22

6 months later

Jack and Sam were walking across the beach just enjoying each others company not wanting to talk about what happened last week.

Jack walked and walked when a few minutes later he stopped abruptly, he turned around towards Sam, and Sam was quite taken aback by him. Jack said “I can’t deny my feelings any more”

Sam sighed a breath of relief and put her hands around his neck while he kissed her on the lips with so much passion that he had never felt before since Martha. Sam was so glad to finally be with him again.

After a few minutes they broke away and carried on walking on. Jack said “we need to tell Leo and I think I should do it on my own because I don’t know how he will react”

“Are you sure, I can be there as well if you want me to be”

“No its ok I have to do this alone”

“Ok, am off to pick up Katie” she kissed him and then sauntered off with Jack watching her appreciatively like all guys do.

‘I am so lucky to have her in my life not many people would have stuck with me for this long’

Jack arrived home to see Leo crying on the sofa and he quickly went up to him and asked what was wrong.

Leo looked up into his eyes with forlorn eyes “I saw you and Sam”

“Oh”

“Why, daddy why?”

“Son, listen to me, love works in mysterious ways and it can’t be helped”

“But her though she is a witch”

“Leo” Jack said warningly.

“What? I don’t like her”

“Oiii, don’t make things tense ok?”

“Ok, but I still don’t like her”

Jack just sighed and got up to have a shower. Sam came in with Katie and was talking about when Dad was going to come and watch my play?

“Ask him yourself” pointing to Jack who had just come out of his room.

“What do you want to ask me?”

“When u watching me in my play of Cinderella?”

“Tomorrow, I got the tickets yesterday.”

“Really?”

“Yes really?”

Just then million of miles away, Martha was with her boyfriend Kyle. Kyle was bent on one knee and asked Martha “will you marry me?”

“Yes”

Kyle’s face dazzled and hugged Martha. Martha thought of Jack but decided it was better this way, less painful.

Next chapter:Jack proposes

Chapter 23

The next day

Jack and Sam were in bed when they should have been at work. Jack kissed Sam and slides out of bed. “Jack, come back”

“I have to work, but I will see you at Katie’s play tonight”

“Ok then, kiss me first?”

“If I have to!”

“Hey!”

“Only joking”

Jack got ready and set off for work while Sam got out of bed and got ready herself. The phone rang shrilly and Sam picked it up. It was Ash.

“Hey”

“Hi Ash”

“Is Jack there?”

“No I thought he was working?”

“Oh he’s here!”

“Put him on” not sure of whether Ash was joking or not. It turned out that he wasn’t.

“Hey babe, what’s up?”

“Nothing, just wanted to hear your voice thats all”

“Ok I have to go, a calls just come in”

“Ok see you at Katie’s play tonight”

“Yes ok, love you”

“I love you as well”

Martha was in the bath thinking of how on earth she had got herself in this position of being engaged and maybe pregnant.

She got out of the bath and got out the pregnancy test. ‘I can do this, just get it over with’

She did but as she was going to find out whether she was pregnant or not, Kyle’s voice was bouncing through the bedroom door

“Martha you in there?”

“Yep, be out in a minute”

“Ok”

Martha put the pregnancy test in the box without looking at it and she got dressed and left the bathroom.

Sam drove to the police station to pick Jack up. On the way there she started to think of when she first met and about how he was so annoyed with Martha for sleeping with Ash.

Sam was so smitten with him from that moment on, they had a rocky ride but now they were together.

She was so amazed at how much he had grown up like he had to when he needed rehabilitation for his legs and what it made him into.

“Penny for them?” Jack said as she walked into the station in a daydream

“Oh just thinking about how lucky I am to have you”

“Good”

They got into the car and drove off to watch Katie’s school play and Sam commented on Katie’s fairy costume.

“Doesn’t she look beautiful in her fairy costume?”

“Yep she gets her good looks from me”

“Hmmm you wish”

“She does”

“She didn’t”

“Why are you fighting for?”

“We are not just playful banter”

They all drove home and then Jack and Sam went for a walk when all of a sudden Jack stopped and turned towards Sam and asked her the question.

“Will you marry me?”

“Yes”

Chapter 24 sorry its short

Martha and Kyle were kissing in the lounge when the doorbell rang.

“I’ll go” Martha said

“Ok, hurry up and I will keep the seat for you”

“ok”

Martha went to the door and opened it, Ash was stood there. Martha went outside and shut the door.

“What are you doing here?”

“Wondering why the hell u isn’t with Jack and Leo!”

“I can’t” she said through gritted teeth

“Why not?” he asked?

“Jack will hate me for leaving him”

“Maybe at first but I am sure he will understand”

“I can’t, don’t get me wrong I would love to see Leo again but I am not so sure of how he

Will react”

“You have to do something because Jack is getting married to Sam”

“What please tell me you are joking?”

“No, figure out what u need and then come back into the car and I will take you there”

“Ok I will”

She went back into the house and went to see Kyle. “Hey I have to go somewhere urgently and I don’t know when I will be back”

“Ok call me”

“Ok”

Martha went upstairs to get all her things and she went back out and got in the car with ash.

“Ready?”

“As I ever will be”

“Hey I will be there with u all the way”

She breathed a big deep breath and nodded “I know thanks”

“My pleasure”

Next Chapter: Jack sees Martha for the first time again

Archived