Summer Bay In The Future

Guest Zetti

Hey people! Zetti's asked me to put her updates up for her (its still her writing this btw :)

And i oh so kindly agreed! Im just that nice! :D

Part 2

"What are you doing here?"

"Revenge"

"Now and for what"

"Hmm well let me see, you want lover boy to know the truth do ya?"

"Ash is not my boyfriend"

"No but Jack Holden is"

Ash butted in and said "Jack's married"

"Yeh but is sleeping with missy here"

"Don't call me Missy!"

"You are sleeping with Jack?"

"Yes I am but it is not what you think?"

"Why isn't it?"

"It isn't what we want at all"

"Ok"

Martha turned to Josie and said "why are you dragging up the past for?"

"To make you pay for what you did"

"Please just leave it alone, it doesn't need to be dragged up again"

"Jack has a right to know"

"No he is married and doesn't deserve to be hurt the way this will hurt him"

Josie stood up straight and got a gun out of her pocket. Martha was rooted to the spot.

"you choose between your life or Jack finding out?"

"you have about 2 minutes"

Martha didn't say anything so Josie aimed the gun at Martha and pulled the trigger.

Martha staggered back as the bullet took impact on her small body, she looked down at the wound and felt her own world drawing her away.

Does she die or not?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 35

Jack had heard the shot resounding in his ear and instantly ran towards Ash’s flat in a state of panic.

He banged on the door and found it open already. He walked in to see Josie pointing a gun at his face. He stopped abruptly as he did; Josie was struck down by Ash. Josie’s eyes widened before she fell down.

Jack ran to Martha and Ash ran after him whilst ringing the ambulance and the police for Josie.

“Ambulance please”

“Yes to….” reciting his address to the operator

Jack had Martha in his lap talking to her while he stroked her hair. Five minutes later, Ash let the paramedics to see to Martha the woman he loved.

They took Martha to the hospital and as she left she called for Ash!

Jack wasn’t surprised as he knew how much Ash had helped Martha over the past few months.

Jack went home to Sam who at this moment is very depressed and knowing that Martha and Jack were together was going to destroy her. Nevertheless Jack declared that he had to tell her the truth as soon as he spoke to Martha herself.

He walked to the hospital and as he arrived there, he saw that Martha was awake and talking to Ash.

Jack took a deep breath and walked into the room.

Martha and Ash broke apart from each other looking guilty. Jack just said “I am glad you are ok and I will bring Leo to see you in a while.”

“Ok thanks” Martha face shone at Jack.

“I am going to get a coffee, want one Jack?”

“No I am fine”

Ash left the room and Jack and Martha looked at each other and as they did their eyes locked onto each other. Jack moved towards Martha and they kissed just as Sam was watching in the doorway.

She was so furious that she walked away and took Katie to her mums and then took Leo on a journey that was going to be one hell of a journey.

Jack and Martha were so blissfully happy that the next few days were going to mean that they lose everything as if fate was going to make their lives the worst ever.

There is a death but who are they?

Chapter 36

Leo and Sam were in the airport boarding a plane to New Zealand, when Sam got a phone call from Jack asking her “what are you doing with Leo?”

“Taking him from you so you know what it is like to lose someone precious”

“You haven’t lost anything precious though?”

“I lost you”

“What?”

“Don’t lie, Jack, I saw you and Martha kissing”

“Sam please, doesn’t do this?”

“I have to”

“Please?”

“You deserve it after what you did to me”

“Sam…”

She hung the phone up and took Leo into the plane and left Summer Bay. She and Leo walked out of Jack and Martha lives forever.

Jack stared at the phone when Sam hung up and Martha was hugging him saying “we will find them and bring Sam to justice”

“I know, I miss him”

“Me too, we will see him again”

They didn’t realise how wrong they were because Sam was planning to kill Leo as soon as she could before killing herself and her baby.

A few hours later

Sam arrived in New Zealand and took Leo to a hotel where she paid for him to be occupied while she set up the place where she was going to take her life as well as Leo’s.

The Church where the deaths was to take place was old and run down, the windows which still existed had cracks in them and the graveyard to the front of the Church was riddled with muck and grime which meant that not even the dead wanted to be there, unfortunately for them they had no choice and Leo and Sam were due to join them.

Leo was picked up by Sam 1 hour later to be taken to the church the last building he was to ever see.

She drove along the highway and felt her alertness slipping away and she saw a shadow a few yards ahead of her but she thought that it was just her imagination playing tricks on her, so she accelerated. She thought she saw some staggering in front of her. So she moved to put her foot on the brakes. But she was too late.

CRASH.

Chapter 37

The car skidded. She swerved and she drove herself straight into a wall. The impact was too strong for her to survive. Her happy ending was no more... After all, she had everything she had always wanted; death and making Jack lose everything he ever wanted.

Jack and Martha were in the bedroom together though they couldn’t sleep. The phone rang and Jack picked it up.

An official from New Zealand was on the phone explaining to Jack what had happened and as soon as he heard, “I am sorry but the young boy we found is dead” he dropped the phone and broke down in tears.

Martha picked up the phone and heard a strange voice peeping through the phone “sir”

“Hello”

“Hello Miss...”

“Mackenzie”

“Oh right, as I was telling Mr Holden, I am sorry for your loss”

“Thanks”

She hung up the phone and walked into the lounge where she picked up her mobile and rang everyone who needed to about Leo.

Only then did she let herself lose control and breakdown, by then Jack had come out of the bedroom and he held her in his arms.

Martha POV

I really don’t know how to cope with the fact that I have lost my only son and how I can’t ever forgive Jack for bringing Sam into his life. Sam is the sole reason Leo is dead and Jack and Sam are the two people I can’t bear to be with right now,

How the hell can I grieve when I have all this anger inside me? I can barely stop crying let alone talk to him. Talking won’t get me anywhere as we can’t be together while I feel like this.

Tony came into the house 5 minutes followed by Beth, Lucas and Belle.

Martha saw them and said to Jack “I need to be on my own right now”

“Ok, go on and I will join you in a while”

She nodded at him.

Martha left the house and went for a walk and allowed herself to be ridden with memories of Jack and Leo together.

She still couldn’t contemplate life without Leo and now she was pregnant again. She didn’t know how to tell Jack especially after Leo’s death, she thought to herself. I need to get rid of it.

She rang the clinic and they had a cancellation for that day in 20 minutes. Martha said she would be there.

As she walked towards the clinic, she texted Jack with ‘I am pregnant and I need to get rid of it so I can live my life afresh”

She sent the message as she walked into the clinic.

Jack opened the message and as he read it, he instantly stood up and ran for the abortion clinic with Tony stood there looking crestfallen, as Jack ran his mind became distorted and he broke down.

Will Jack get there in time?

Remember that in this chapter that Martha still has cancer and Jack doesn’t know yet!

So the abortion is so she can survive Jack doesn’t know that so he loses his temper with Martha.

Chapter 38 for Rachel

Martha walked into the room where she was to have the abortion procedure. Jack ran and ran as fast as his legs would take him.

‘She can’t do this, I love her and I will love our beautiful child as well.

Martha was there waiting to undertake the procedure but if she was honest with herself, she wanted Jack to be there with her.

She knew she couldn’t because Jack would try to talk her out of it and she knew that she had to go this for her own sake and for her unborn baby.

“Miss Mackenzie, we are ready for you”

“Ok” said Martha standing up and following her into an adjourning room

Jack reached the abortion clinic as Martha walked out. Jack’s first thoughts were that ‘she had the abortion and I was powerless to help her.’

Martha looked at him and said to him “please don’t look at me like that”

“You had no right to do that”

“It was the best thing to do”

“For who, you or your lifestyle”

Martha recoiled at the reminder of her pole-dancing days and Jack realised that he said the wrong thing as Martha’s eyes watered and she walked away from him.

“Martha, I didn’t mean that”

“I know, but I will always be to you the girl who pole danced so what is the point in us being together if I was always your problem”

“It’s not like that!” he pleaded with her

“It is and you know it”

Jack breathed a deep breath and asked her “so where do we go from here?”

“Nowhere”

“What do you mean?” not wanting to know the answer.

“I think its best that we break up and have a fresh start away from each other”

Jack just stood there as she walked away thinking to himself ‘how have I let my relationship break down into nothing’

He walked to his house where he saw someone who was there to comfort him. He saw her and smiled. It was Kayla his and Martha’s best friend since high school.

“Hey Jack”

He didn’t say a word.

“I heard”

“How can she just give up on our relationship?” beginning to breakdown

“She is hurting as well” she edged closer towards him

“I know, Leo’s death hit me hard as well but I have some control over myself.”

“Jack, in time she will relax and calm down” she hugged him

“I hope so, because otherwise I will have lost her”

Kayla thought to herself, ‘lets the games begin’ with an evil grin forming on her face.

Martha was walking to the bus station to pick up her tickets for a one way ticket out of Summer Bay.

She was rubbing her stomach ‘its better this way’ she hadn’t planned to keep it from Jack but he was so arrogant that she didn’t believe he deserved to know the truth.

She walked to the bus and before she got on, she looked around and took in the beautiful view that was her hometown. She took in a deep breath and left Summer Bay forever. Jack was at that moment kissing Kayla as she spiked his drink and she was beginning her sinister plan.

What has Kayla got planned? Will Jack and Martha patch up their relationship or will they destroy it forever?

This chapter is dedicated to Tasha for proofing and the idea in this chapter!

Chapter 39

The next morning Jack woke up just as the sun shone into his face and Kayla was lying on Jacks chest.

“Heyy”

Jack stretched and pulled his eyes open. “Hey”

“Ok I am making breakfast, you want anything?”

“Yes” thinking…

“What?”

“Just a hug” not from you as she hugged him but Martha as she was the one he wanted.

2 months later, Martha turned up in town and she was determined to see Jack and to right all the wrongs between them.

She approached on the beach.

“Jack?”

“What?”

“How would you feel if I was pregnant?”

“Err well” searching for the words to say.

He waited a few minutes before responding

“Ok, I have no idea how to respond to that”

“Well you don’t have to I just wanted you to know”

“Right thanks”

Jack reached his house and bid Martha goodbye before retreating to his house. He crashed out on his bed while all these thought were racing around his head.

Jacks thoughts

‘What do I do? Do I get back with her when I am with Kayla?. Aarrggghhhhh I cant do this, I need to relax and do this one at a time and be there with my baby, Oh my God I am going to be a dad!

Later on that day, Jack told Kayla what Martha told him and Kayla had another bombshell for him.

“I am pregnant as well”

Jack just collapsed onto the bed in shock of what he had just heard, Kayla sat next to him “sorry I never meant to cause you heartache.

“I really am sorry”

Martha appeared in the doorway saying “Jack you have to choose between me and Kayla”

For Rach

Chapter 40

Jack stood up and said “I need to go for a walk and I will tell you my decision ASAP”

“Ok” they both said at the same time

Jack walked along the beach racking his brain to try what he wanted, Martha was the one he loved but he couldn’t turn his back on Kayla who was his girlfriend

‘Jesus why does life have to be so weird, it’s not fair. I am going to be a dad two times around! What do I do?’

He walked home having made no progress at all on how he was to make the decision. He met Martha as he was walking home.

“Hey”

“Oh hey” not sure what to say

“its ok, don’t say owt, I don’t expect you to have made your decision at all”

Jack sighed a breath of relief and they went their separate ways.

Night

Kayla was walking across the bush. Suddenly a crack appeared. False Alarm though it scared her so she began to walk to Jack’s.

Kayla POV

Midnight creeps up on me so quickly that it takes by surprise. Eerie and dark over the unwelcoming street up ahead. Suddenly a crack appeared. False Alarm but still scary. I need Jack.

Jack at that moment in time was telling Martha he wanted her.

He thought of Kayla and what he was going to say to her while Martha was leading him into the bedroom.

Kayla knocked on the door but to get no reply, She opened her phone and saw she had a text.

sorry I need to be with Martha xxx

Kayla was so angry that she set the house on fire.

“you deserve this” she said to herself

Please dont kill me!

This chapter is totally crap to say the least! This is dedicated to Rach, Tasha and Puja who are all awesome!

Thanks to Tash for proofing!

Chapter 41

3 years later

Jack was mourning the death of someone he loved dearly. He was in his apartment in America where he came after the funeral.

He was stood on his balcony topless (for Rach to drool over) while his daughter was splashing about with Lucas who had come for a holiday.

“Jack come on downâ€

“Daddyâ€

“Maria!†as she tried to climb out

She splashed him and they were having a water fight for as long as Maria could do it. She had inherited Jacks strength so she was pummelling Lucas.

In the midst of all this Jack was picking up the post and doing all the normal daily routine.

Half an hour later in Summer Bay

Martha was dancing in the Rocket Club in the background with Cam watching her admirably.

“Mr Reynoldsâ€

“Yes?â€

“Cindy wants to see youâ€

“Ok I will be there soon “

“Okâ€

Martha is one hell of a woman; she has really come on since Jack left her as he blamed her for Kayla death. Kayla was shot when she was mistaken for Martha. Jack hurt her Soo much and now I can comfort her, she is mine and I intend to hold onto her.

“Jack!â€

“Yeah!â€

“She wants you to play with herâ€

“Okey am on my wayâ€

He took off his shirt and threw it at Lucas who ducked but unfortunately for him it hit him square in the face.

Maria was sat there on the poolside splashing the water,

“Maria, come on lets go for a swimâ€

“I wanted ice creamâ€

“Ehâ€

“I told Uncle Lucas to tell you to get me ice cream otherwise I wouldn’t be your friendâ€

Lucas came out with a smug grin on his face. Jack had stormed into the house to get revenge. He filled up his water pistol with five openings and went outside; He aimed it for Lucas who went “Jack!†in a warning tone of voice.

Jack shot out the water drenching Lucas and Maria, Lucas’s phone went “Helloâ€

Tony was on the other end and told Lucas something to tell Jack.

Maria and Tony then started to have a chat on the phone while Lucas and Jack headed towards the kitchen so they could ta;l and still be within listening distance of Maria.

“What is wrong?†asked Jack

“Marthaâ€

“What?â€

“Well…..â€

“Spit it outâ€

“Shes been kidnappedâ€

“Whatâ€

Next chapter: Two people return from the past!

Happy Guessing!

Sorry its short but it was after a essay so I was tired!

Chapter 42 Part 1

Martha was in a weird unknown place. The door creaked open and she started to get scared.

She was blindfolded and taken to a slimy rundown church where Sam secretly still survived and had Leo in her grasp.

The Church where Martha was taken to were old and run down, the windows which still existed had cracks in them and the graveyard to the front of the Church was riddled with muck and grime which meant that not even the dead wanted to be there.

Martha was tied up and put on a chair directly opposite Sam who was happy to have Jack’s sweetheart right there opposite her.

“Well well, Jack’s sweetheart is right opposite me”

“Sam?” not sure whether she was hearing right

“The one and only”

“If you survived, what about Leo? She asked.

“Your darling is not going to know what has hit him”

“Why are you doing this for” she cried

“Revenge”

“On who?”

She didn’t answer as she signalling to her bodyguards to knock her unconscious. A few minutes later she was unconscious.

Jack was gobsmacked when Lucas told him but decided he needed to put Maria first which meant he couldn’t save Martha yet again.

Lucas tried to persuade Jack but he wouldn’t budge. Secretly he was too scared to revisit the feelings that he buried for Martha.

‘Going back means seeing Martha for the first time since losing Kayla because of her; I can’t do it besides Maria has to come first.’

Next Chapter: Can Lucas persuade Jack? Martha is in even more danger

Part 2 The shooting is in a couple of chapters

“Jack, ask Maria what she wants” Lucas said in a bid to persuade Jack

Jack was'nt sure what to do; he still loved Martha more than anything, but he had Maria to think about now and not just himself.

“Maria? Do you want to visit Grandad?”

“Yes I do” she said enthusiastically

“Ok then” turning to Lucas “we'l go”

“Ok the flight leaves for 8pm tonight”

“How did you know that I would go?”

“How did I know?” Lucas asked “Jack, you'll always help Martha, just like you've done ever since you first met. You will always care about her whatever the situation is”

“You know me too well” he laughed

“I know” he said cockily

“Remember I have Maria to look after”

“I know”

They arrived in summer bay and Jack told Lucas to: “Take her to the beach and then take her to get some sleep”

“Ok, see you”

“Bye-bye Maria”

“Byeeee”

Jack walked towards the police station, he was dreading seeing Ash again who was the main cause of Jacks heartache from the beginning, he was the sole reason Martha had turned against Jack. His anger flared up when he thought of how distant he and Martha were now, and how Ash caused it all to happen.

He walked into the station to see all eyes fall on him causing him to feel really uncomfortable, fortunately for him though, the ringing of the phone snapped everyone back to reality and back to their previous activities.

Peter Baker approached him with a big smile on his almost shining face, which dazzled in the sunshine. His hair swung side to side as he walked in a strong but decisive way towards Jack

“Hey Jack, nice to see you” he said before adding “but I wish it was under better circumstances”

“Me too but these things cant be helped”

“True”

He was glad to have the awkwardness out of the way, it made it easier for him to get back into the job he loved more than anything at all. Peter led him into his office to give him a briefing on the investigation.

Peter wasn’t looking forward to telling Jack that his supposedly dead wife was holding the woman he loved captive, even if he didn’t admit it to himself.

“Any leads?”

“Yes”

“Which are?”

“We have evidence that Sam has Martha”

“Sam?”

“Jack look, if this is going to affect you please tell me”

“It won’t”

He didn’t know what was going on at that moment around him and he didn’t care, he was genuinely scared for Martha. Sam hated him for getting back with Martha and would do anything to hurt him again. He then had an idea and he knew it would be dangerous but he had to do it to protect Martha.

Next Chapter: What are Jack’s ideas and a spectre of Martha’s past returns to help Sam.

Archived