Summer Bay In The Future

Guest Zetti

Chapter 7

Jack was in the police station heading off to his lunch break when McGrath called him into his office.

“Yes senior”

“I received a complaint against you and unfortunately I have to follow it up”

“By whom” Jack said.

“Adam”

“What am I supposed to have done?”

“He reported to me that u told Martha about his report a couple of days when he specifically said not to.”

“What! I mean I didn’t do it out of spite she wanted to know the truth so I told her”

“I am very sorry but I am suspending u for the foreseeable future”

Jack went off to his car and sped off towards Morag’s house, on the way he thought of his resolution but scrapped it as soon as his brain recoiled at the thought of Adam having Martha.

Adam was already on his way to Martha’s house as he went over his plan to get Martha.

Adam rang the bell and Martha answered. “We need to talk now”

“Ok come in”

She walked ahead and Adam walked in and reached into his pocket. he brought out a rope and slowly gagged Martha.

He dragged her out and quickly bundled her into the van and sped off.

Jack’s arrival

Jack stepped out of the car and knocked the door only to find it was already open. He went in very slowly as he didn’t want to alert or scare anyone till he knew what was going on.

Jack walked in the house and Morag appeared and said

“Martha went for a drive somewhere and I kind of sparked it off as I caught u before in the park”

“That wasn’t what u thought it was” Jack put in.

“Wait a minute, u told Martha”

“Yes”

“No this can’t be happening not now!”

“What is going on Jack?” Morag tried to press him for information

“I need to find Martha now”

His phone rang and he picked it up and Adam’s voice came booming through “I have her and you will not get anywhere near to you”

“You b*****d” Adam just grinned at that remark.

“I will not let you get Martha at all because u is going down.”

“whatever bozo, she is with me of her consent” (it was true and adam had forced her to stay with him)

“Listen” only to be cut off by Adam.

Jack was incredibly frustrated when he tried to enlist the help of Constable McGrath. McGrath said

“you are not supposed to be here and now u are telling me that Adam is holding Martha?”

“Yes I know it sounds ridiculous but it is true!”

“Just go home Jack”

His phone went as he got into his car, he looked at it and noticed he had a text.

Jack stay away from me because I don’t love u

Jack’s heart sank as he went back to his apartment where Morag was waiting for him. He walked in and shook his head.

“I can t keep chasing her anymore”

“what do u mean”

“I mean why am I chasing her when she doesn’t love me anymore”

“She does love u”

“Not according to my txt msg”

Morag read the text message and looked at jack, she feared for their relationship as jack was letting her go when he shouldn’t have.

Meanwhile Martha had managed to get her phone back off Adam dont ask how because Martha didt even know as she started to text Jack.

Jack was sitting there in his apartment looking at his wedding photo and wedding rings when his phione beeped

"Jack please I do love you. He made me say all that please Jack come and find me and help me" xxxxx

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 8

Martha was sitting in an old warehouse and she heard Adam and another voice but only this voice sounded very familiar it was Corey’s voice and her body froze Adam and Corey entered the room.

Adam was deciding to be a funny person towards Martha and introduced Corey to her as if she didn’t know who he was

Martha then retaliated with the “baby’s Jacks not yours”

Adam asked “how” and Martha started to tell her story

Flashback

“Well you had been sent on a business trip the one Jack had you followed on and well before I knew that me and jack were at Noah’s having a few drinks”

“One thing led to another and well do you want me to spell it out for you” she said sarcastically

“You bitch I will never let you anywhere near him!”

Martha really was scared at that point.

A few days later

Jack’s suspension had been lifted and he was back in action trying to block all thoughts of Martha as he didn’t believe the second text message.

He walked home and as he got in, there was a message on the answering machine from Adam.

“You will never see Martha or your child again” he laughed down the phone

Jack was in shock he didn’t know Martha was pregnant! He thought Adam was joking but he then thought no he cant be.

Jack picked up the phone and redialled the number, Corey picked up and said evilly “I knew you would ring soon so what can we do for you" he said

“let me speak to Martha now” Jack shouted

Corey turned to Adam who nodded his head and walked out of the room to get Martha.

“ok wait a few moments, oh her she is god Jack why did you ever let her get away shes beautiful and shes getting left alone with me don't that worry you?" he said evilly

"You touch her and I swear to god I will kill you got it" Jack said

Martha was dragged in a few minutes later and given the phone, “Jack?”

“Martha are you ok?”

Martha went “yes I am but I just want you" she sobbed

“I LOVE YOU and our baby, don’t ever forget that” Jack cried out to her hoping to comfort her.

“I love you too!” she sobbed into the phone.

“Ok enough now, my hearts is beginning to bleed now!”

Corey left the phone on as he got Martha and kissed her

"No please dont just let me go please Corey please" Martha was now sobbing and begging

Jack wanted to be there and break every breakable bone in his body, but he knew he couldn’t.

“You b*****d, leave her alone!” Jack cried out in disgust.

"Shes mine now Jacky boy" Corey just started to laugh and laugh

Jack knew if he wanted to find Martha alive and soon well he would have to ask Mcgrath for help so now Jack was on his way to report his wife's kidnapping.

Will Martha be safe?

Has Jack found her?

Chapter 9

Jack stared at the phone and decided to run to the police station with the tape. McGrath couldn’t deny it now at all with the tape.

Police station

“Senior you have to listen to this please?” Jack begged

“Holden” he said in a warning voice

“Just listen then if you don’t believe me then I will back off”

“Fine” he gave up

“Thank you”

Jack put the tape in the cassette and Fitzy and McGrath listened to it.

When it ended, McGrath went to Fitzy put a message out for everyone to watch out for Martha Holden, Adam Edmunds and Corey Anderson.

“Is that all?”

“It is all I can do till we get a lead” McGrath said.

Jack felt defeated even though he knew McGrath was right all along. Fitzy came in a few minutes later and said “There has been a sighting of Corey and Martha.

“Where, when?” Jack said frantically

“Outside the unused warehouses south of Oakdale.”

McGrath, Fitzy and Jack sped off to the sighting place and as soon as they got there, Corey was seen throwing Martha in the shed, he prepared to get lighters to torch the place.

Jack went around the place as McGrath and Fitzy came up towards him. Just as Corey was about to light the shed, Adam from a distant place blew the shed up blowing the shed and Corey to smithereens.

“NOOOOOOOOOO” Fitzy and McGrath shouted in unison.

Jack just stood their tears in his eyes had he just lost his wife and child.

Is Martha alive? Kim finally dies.

Chapter 10 part 1 becky thanks for proofing

Fitzy heard breathing which was shallow and she retreated towards, a few seconds later Fitzy shouted “Jack, she here!”

“Senior, I got her, I got her” Jack panted carrying an unconscious Martha.

McGrath spoke into his radio “Ambulance to Oakdale south warehouse ASAP”

Jack held Martha as tight as he could and Fitzy was trying to rouse her up with no prevail.

Hospital

“Martha, wake up please!” Jack desperately tried to wake his beautiful wife.

“Hey”

“Oh hi”

“Is she all right?” Sam asked

“They wont know until she wakes up”

Sam put her arms around Jack and comforted him, meanwhile Martha was waking up and as she woke up, her eyes fluttered around.

She caught sight of Jack hugging Sam back and her heart sank lower than anything could ever sink.

She did'nt know how to explain her feelings towards Jack to him when she didn’t know herself. If she couldn’t be true to herself then how can she be true and honest to Jack? She had a baby to think of now not just herself, she reminded herself.

A week later

Martha had been let out of hospital and she had shut Jack out because she wasn’t sure how to deal with it.

Jack rang Martha for what must have been the 40th time that day, he sent her a text message

Please let me explain tell me where u are? Love u xxxx

Martha was reading Jack’s latest text message when she thought I need to see him to see if there is still anything between us.

She texted him back

I will see u alone in an hour at yabbie creek café near the garage.

Jack got the message 1 and a quarter hour later and sped off towards the meeting place, just as he got there, Martha left the café.

“Martha, wait please” Jack pleaded with her.

“Go on then, it had better be good”

“I was working and I left my phone in the station while I went off on a call”

“Work”

“Yes, you have to believe me, I want our relationship if we have one to work”

“Oh I believe you but I can’t be with you if all you care about is your work cos I have to think of our baby not us at this moment” Martha said in a off putting tone of voice

“Martha if you believe I would put work in front of your and our child’s welfare then you don’t really know me at all” Jack shot back.

”Look, I still don’t know what to do anymore, all we seem to do is argue.” Martha said quite annoyed really.

“Just promise me you will think about getting back together for the sake of our baby if nothing else”

“Speaking of kids, how’s your daughter, seen her yet?”

Jack heart sank, he knew that he would have to face this situation someday. Martha watched him and realised ‘I can’t do this to him, it’s my fault that we split up and it’s not his fault I can’t be with him now he has a daughter or maybe I can" Martha thought

Will they work it out?

Chapter 10 part 2

“Sorry I shouldn’t have said that, it’s not your fault” Martha spoke gently.

“No it doesn’t matter, I deserved that”

Martha walked up to Jack and held his hands against her stomach “feel, our baby is growing”

“Yeah, he is”

“She!” Martha said

“It’s a boy!”

“Nope it’s a girl”

Jack started to laugh and led Martha to sit at a table outside the café. “I hope we can work this out.” She told him.

Jack stopped laughing, “So do I.”

Martha’s phone rang, it was Rachel “Kim is very close to his death and he has asked to see you”

“Why does he want me? Martha asked.

“He didn’t say will you come please?” Rachel asked.

“Yeah course I will.” She told her.

“Thank you it will mean a lot to him”

Martha got off the phone with a bewildered look on her face, Jack cottoned on and asked her what was wrong.

“Erm…….. Kim is dying and he is asking to see me”

“Why?” Jack asked.

“I don’t know will you take me there please?”

“Yeah of course” he replied.

Jack drove her to the hospital, he walked her to the door of Kim’s side room and then sat there waiting for her.

Kim’s room

Martha walked in very tentatively and Kim noticed her. He looked at her with the most palest eyes and he sought out her eyes.

He said “I can’t leave this world, until I know that love exists between you and Jack.”

“I don’t think you need to talk to me about jack, we will work it out on our own” she got up to leave but Kim held onto her hand.

“Just listen to me, I need to say what I am about to say, then I will leave you.”

“Ok”

“I know for a fact that jack loves you and you will be denying to yourself if you said you didn’t love him back. I know he loves because he never stops talking about you or he is looking at the wedding pictures.”

“Erm”

“Love is a precious thing in people’s lives and it should be”

“I don’t know what to do though, I love him but love changes with time and I think he has so what do I do?”

“Just go with time and see how it takes you but don’t turn your back on him”

“I wont, I want to make a go of our relationship”

“Good”

“I am sorry about you and everything….” Tears began streaming down her face as Rachel and Jack walked in.

Kim asked Rachel to hold his hand and to be there when he passed away. By this time, Jack held Martha in his hands.

Martha whispered “I want to give our relationship a chance”

Jack responded by stroking her hair and kissing her. Kim looked at the world and squeezed Rachel’s hand as tightly as he could before saying “Jack, mate, don’t let her go again or I will haunt you from beyond the grave! Also look after Rachel”

Jack said “don’t worry I will on both counts” still holding Martha as tightly as he could.

Jacks POV

The end has finally come from Kim but me and Martha finally have a chance to move on and make a real go of the future.

I will never let her go at all, Kim was right I was a worthless loser without Martha by my side. I will never forget you mate.

Martha’s POV

Kim was right love is a precious thing and I don’t intend to let Jack go. I want to love him as much as I will and do for our child.

Rachel POV

I love Kim but I am glad he passed away in peace and finally having put all his issues to peace with Jack and Martha.

I have no doubt that they will be very happy as I will be with Kel and Joe and my unborn child.

Chapter 11

2 weeks later

Jack and Martha were in the house a few hours later and Martha hadn’t said anything at all.

Jack approached her and when she spotted it, she walked away form him. Jack didn’t know why and tried to ask her but she kept on ignoring him.

Jack thought back to try to figure why she was being so distant and his mind clocked onto a moment in the car when Martha got a phone call.

Martha was in the shower so Jack went to find her phone and try to figure out why Martha was being so distant.

Jack picked the phone up and scrolled up her messages, when he reached one labelled ‘unknown’, when he clicked on it, it said “I am back, meet me in 1 hour at yabbie creek café at 5.30pm”

Jack checked his watch and it was 5.15pm. Martha came back into the room and Jack hastily put her phone away.

Jack, I am heading out to see a old friend” Martha said

“Ok when will u be back”

“erm not sure, I will text u”

“OK cya”

Martha sauntered out of the door while Jack rang Tony to say “I cant meet you right now but I will in a while”

“OK Jack” Tony agreed

Jack went to his car and drove to the café but when he got there, he saw Martha being threatened by someone. He got out of his car and went towards them. Before he got there, he spotted the guy kissing her on the cheek.

Jealousy came bursting out as he ran towards them, Martha spotted him and so did the guy. The guy got a gun and held Martha at gunpoint.

Jack gasped and saw how scared Martha was. “Martha!”

“Jack, go away and leave me alone please!”she tried to get Jack away from her.

“NO, I won’t”

“Please do it for me!”

“Aww, do as she says or I will blow her head off.” the unknown man said to Jack

Jack realised he had to go or he would lose Martha and that wasn’t a risk he was willing to make at all. He would never endanger her or their baby.

As he walked away, he heard a gunshot and he stood rooted to the ground, he was too scared to turn around.

Martha ran towards Jack and flung her arm around him and Jack was so happy that he held her for what seems to be a lifetime.

“Aaagggghh” Martha moaned.

“What’s wrong?”

“My contractions have started…. aahhhh”

“Jack this cant happens I am only 6 months!”

“Omg I have to get you the hospital come on” he soothed to her as much as he could.

They reached the hospital 25minutes later while Martha’s contractions had worsened considerably.

“Dr green, she is in labour but she is 6months gone” Nurse Juile said

“Ok put her in that room in the corner”

Dr Green stepped outside and as he did, he had a grim look on his face.

Jack could sense there was something wrong.

Dr Green started with “Jack…………

To be continued

Chapter 12

Jack looked at him with the utter most fear for Martha and he was so scared for himself as well. He looked at Dr Green and said “Just tell me whatever it is please” he was close to tears.

“I am sorry but Martha had suffered sever bruising and your unborn baby is a still born.”

Jack stared at him as he struggled to take in what he had just said.

Dr Green added “You can go in and see Martha if you want.”

Jack minds was working at a million miles a second, he walked into the room where Martha was and he took one look at her and broke in down in tears.

Martha beckoned to him to come closer and he did, they lay down next to each other and cried all the tears that they could.

Jack kissed Martha on the forehead while Dr Young entered the room to talk to Martha about when they were to induce the baby.

“The sooner the better, I am sorry I know this is painful.” Dr Green Started but was cut off by Jack

“How can you, have you ever been in this position!” Jack shot at him.

“No but I can sympathize with you, I nearly lost a child myself”

Martha spoke for the first time since Jack entered the room “Jack its fine, it has to happen and I need to be able to do this without all the tension” she spoke with an air of calmness despite all she had been through.

“OK” Jack said

“I will be here when you come back”

“Thank you Jack”

Martha was prepped for theatre and before she went she had some words to say to Jack “we can get through this, we are stronger than we were”

“I love you Martha” He said with all his heart and close to tears.

Martha didn’t say anything and she went into the theatre turning her back on the rest of the world to be on her own and hopefully return to be with Jack.

½ Hour later

“Jack mate, is she all right” Tony asked

“Erm yes but the baby is stillborn” he said as he tried to hold back his tears.

“Oh I am so sorry mate”

Tony stared at his son as he couldn’t aid his hurting son so he went up to him and pulled him into a hug. Jack hugged his dad back and thought of the cause leading to his baby being a stillborn.

He thought Adam must have something to do with it and his mind was full of wreaking revenge on him.

Jack told his dad to tell Martha he would be back later and then he went in search of Adam to wreak revenge of losing his and Martha’s child.

What length is Jack willing to go to get Adam? Who comes back to help him?

Chapter 13 not proofed!

Sorry if it is not good!

Jack went to a warehouse just behind the abattoir where Zoe held him over the railing with his arm behind his back, he walked in and asked for “Serafine”

“Who shall I say is asking for him?”

“Holden, she will no who I am”

He looked at him with a questioning look but shrugged it away as he walked away to ‘inform’ Serafine who was here.

“Joe?”

“Yeah, what is it”

“A man named Holden is here”

Serafine’s face lit up with recognition and said to the short stubby man “let him in”

Holden was directed to the room and as he entered the room, he smelt the distinct smell of burning but of what he really didn’t want to know.

Jack said “Do u know any good people to do a job for me?”

She chuckled “you want to get rid of someone”

“Yes I need to now!”

“I may be able to help u on that front but it will cost”

Jack stared at her “how much?”

“5000 dollars” she stated

Jack looked at her with a utmost weird look as he tried to figure what he had to do. His eyes clocked on the time. Martha was due out of theatre any minute and he needed to be there.

“OK”

“Good”

Jack walked out and as he reached his car, he saw a familiar face.

“Before u lose it with me, I heard what happened and now I want to help get the scumbag who did this to Martha.”

“why, she doesn’t like u anymore, neither do I”

“I came back to make things right and to earn your forgiveness”

“it wont be that easy u know!” jack warned

“I know but let me try at least?”

Jack thought it over while he drove to see Martha, as he reached the hospital room, he decided maybe he did need all the help he could get.

“hey” Martha said

“Sorry I was just doing summat”

“OK”

Dr Green walked in and had an unreadable look on his face….

To be continued

Chapter 14 not proofed sorry!

Jack looked at his face and instantly knew something was wrong, it turned out to be good news as Dr Green said “we took some urine samples from before and had them retested”

Martha and Jack’s hearts were racing with uncertainty as to what Dr Green was trying to say. Dr Green saw their face and began to chuckle!

“We found out that u miscarried your baby because there was a fertilised egg pushing it down the uterus”

“Does this mean what I think it means?”

“It means Martha you are pregnant and you are 5 months gone”

“Whoa” Jack sighed with relief

“You will need to go for a scan but otherwise you can go home”

There was a knock on the door, as Dr Green left, Ash walked in with a look on his face that only Jack understood.

Jack nodded to him and Ash sighed, Martha watched the interchange between them and was amazed at how much Jack had grown up since they first ever met.

Martha sat up and beckoned Ash into the room “so what up been up to”

“Well since I left he bay nothing much! Just looking for a job while I took my sergeant training!”

“You a sergeant well I can’t see it really!”

“Yessh, you are so nice aren’t u” joked Ash

Martha stifled a yawn but Jack spotted it and said “ok let go, she(pointing at Martha) needs to rest”

“Aww do I have to!”

“Yes!” said jack in a tine which symbolises don’t argue with me!

Dr Green walked in with the discharge papers and Martha signed them. Dr Green talked to them a bit more regarding the scans and everything.

A few hours later, jack rang Serafine and told her the deal was off. As he hung the phone, he told Martha about his plan to go back to work to help ash and peter find adam.

Martha said “Why, he could hurt you and I don’t want that to happen”

“if he hurts u then I will never forgive my self, so I have to protect and our baby” glancing at Martha belly.

“Ok, if it means I am rid of him!”

There was a knock on the door and a grim faced Ash and Peter walked in with uniform behind them.

“Jack we are placing you under arrest because of actions u have done which clearly states on the restraining order that u are not to do”

Martha gasped and instinctively held jack while the uniformed police handcuffed him and led him away, Jack shouted out “don’t worry”

Martha was in the lounge ½ hour later when her phone beeped: it was a text from Adam “coming to get u!”

Will Adam hurt Martha? Will jack be released in time?

Chapter 15 dedicated to baby_gurl! Love ya hun!

“Come on Peter, I mean would I hurt Martha at all!” Jack pleaded with him.

“I am sorry Jack but it has to be done, all allegations have to be taken seriously even if we know that there would be no truth to it at all”

“Adam did this, didn’t he?”

Ash intervened at this point “Jack don’t do this now, I will do my best to get u out of here but u have to cooperate”

“Fine” Jack gave in; he had to for Martha’s sake.

“Good” Ash said.

“Now can u please state for the record, did u approach Miss Mackenzie today when it is on the restraining order that u aren’t supposed to be within 50 miles of her.”

“Yes”

“Jack Anthony Holden, you are hereby charged with the wrongful approach towards Martha Mackenzie”

“Mackenzie? She is my wife”

Ash spoke at this point “the divorce came in this morning, sorry mate”

“U will be remanded in custody till the trial”

Jack stared at him as he was taken out of the interview room where he was to sign some paperwork and have his warrant card taken away from him.

Martha had just arrived at the police station when she saw Jack being taken into the cells. She yelled “Jack!”

Jack turned around and saw her “Martha” He turned to Peter “let me talk to her alone for a few minutes please?”

Peter wasn’t sure what to do but in the end he beckoned to the police to take his cuffs off. He said to Jack “5 minutes no more ok?”

“Understood”

Peter led them to the interview room and as soon as they were alone, Martha ran for Jack and hugged him. Jack’s arms flung around her and he spoke to her “stay at my dad’s and don’t ever open the door to someone or anyone ok?”

“Ok, I will” Tears began to well up in her eyes.

“Martha, don’t cry please”

Martha realised about the divorce papers and told him all he said was “I know, it doesn’t matter”

Jack kissed her and held her just as peter came in “come on we have to go”

Jack let go of Martha and was led off by Peter to the cells. Martha asked Peter “cant I just remove the restraining order against him and then it should be all right”

“You can, but it wouldn’t be effective till 24 hours later”

“Omg”

“I am sorry but this is out of my control”

“Can I ask u a question?”

“Yes”

“If you were looking for Adam and he came in and reported the ‘allegation’ then why didn’t u arrest him?”

“Well firstly it wasn’t Adam, who reported it”

“Well who?”

“I can’t say, they specifically asked to stay anonymous”

“Oh”

Peter looked at her and saw how upset she was, “I can only divulge the information to people involved with the case”

“Ok, I am involved, Jack is charged because of my restraining order so doesn’t that mean I have a right to know?”

“I suppose”

“Ok her name is Zoe Maxell”

Martha recognised the name and knew who it was…

Archived