In The Eyes Of Others

Guest >>Emma<<

Here's the next chapter, after doing a deal with someone...:P

Chapter 2

Well Martha had decided that they could get some food from the diner, do about half an hour on their assignment and then head down to the beach. The beach was where she would make her move. Tonight was going to be perfect!

"Martha, where did you go?" Tash asked down the phone

"Oh, I had to decide about tonight, and you were too busy with that Robbie kid, so I just left you to it" she replied

"Martha, we were just having a laugh" Tasha defended herself

"Oh, sure you were" Martha said in a sarcastic tone

"Hey, we were" Tash repeated

"Whatever" Martha replied

"Urgh, Martha, I can't be bothered when you're like this, I really can't" Tash said before hanging up.

"Great, just great" Martha said to herself.

Martha and Josh had just finished in the diner and were now heading down to the beach. It was a lovely night, just perfect. The beach was practically deserted, quite a rare sight in Summer Bay. Josh was quite surprised at what was happening, he just expected to work on the assignment, not go down to the beach. But he didn't mind that he was with Martha.

Secretly this was all part of his plan, his wonderful plan in his eyes. It was already starting to work. He knew that some people would get hurt, but some others would love it!

"So, do you want to do something this weekend?" Josh asked out of the blue

"Erm, yer, that would be great" Martha replied

"Shall we just hang at the beach?" Josh asked

"Sure, whatever you want" Martha answered

"Ok, the beach it is" Josh added, he was running out of things to say. He just had to do it.

"Cool" Martha said, she too was running out of things to say. Suddenly out of nowhere Josh was trying to kiss her. This was definitely unexpected, she thought she would have to make the first move. Of course, Martha being Martha, she didn't exactly push him off, infact she was starting to enjoy it.

Half an hour later they were still on the beach. They were walking up towards the cliffs holding hands. Martha was definitely pleased with this evenings results, and she couldn't wait to tell Tasha. Then she remembered, her and Tasha weren't on speaking terms. She had to make it up to her, she couldn't cope without her best friend to confide in! It just wasn't possible.

Just as she had completely one plan on getting Josh, she was going to have to think of another one to start talking to Tash again, and she knew that a sorry was not going to work.

She had just said goodbye to Josh and was heading up to the flat. As soon as she got in she had decided that she would call Tash. But much to her dismay, it went straight to answer phone.

"Hey Tash it's me, I'm sorry about earlier, but I have some big news for you, please call me back, or I'll talk to you at school tomorrow, see you tomorrow" Martha hung up.

In getting the guy, this may be the final straw for her and her best mate, it had happenned too many times before.

Preview

Will Martha and Tash make it up, and who is the new kid - yes another new kid!

Please comment, hope you enjoy it!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really good chapter. :) I love how when she manages to get a date with Josh, she loses contact with Tasha it's just one challenge after another. :P

And she only lost contact with Tasha because Tasha can't admit to liking Robbie :P. I wonder who the new kid is?

Can't wait for more. :)

Update soon. :P

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry its taken me a while to update, but here's the next chapter!

Chapter 3

Martha was staring at her phone, begging for Tasha to ring. She knew that she would have gotten her message by now, she really needed to talk to her. At least she would get to see her at school even if she didn't call. And she'd get to see Josh. Thinking about him brought a smile to her face. She looked at the clock, it was about time to get up, she would have enough time to make herself look good for Josh.

"Mascara, where is my mascara?" Martha asked herself.

"Martha, can you stop talking to yourself please" Alf called from outside the door.

"Sorry Grandad, can't help it sometimes" Martha replied.

"You can always help it Martha" Alf grumbled. For him it was just a bit to early, in another 10 minutes he would be fine. He would probably head out fishing aswell, leaving Martha to get ready for school. This had become a regular occurence in the morning, as they would usually fight for a number of reasons.

"I'm going out fishing" Alf said 10 minutes later.

"Ok Grandad, I'll see you later" Martha called from her room. She seemed to have all of her makeup in different places, so it was taking her a while to get ready. "I'm running out of time" She kept muttering, quickly glancing at the clock next to her bed. Finally she was ready, with 5 minutes to spare. She had never wanted to get to school so quickly.

"Morning Martha, early for once I see" Irene greeted her, she was just opening up.

"Yeah, see you later Irene" Martha was away with the fairies, she wanted to see Josh, but she wanted to see Tasha more.

At the school

Martha walked past the gates to be greeted by Josh. She looked a little further ahead, and there was Tasha staring at her, asking her to come and speak to her, but Martha didn't have the guts to keep on walking and ignore Josh. She couldn't lose him.

"Hello gorgeous" Josh said

"Hey, I missed you last night" Martha replied.

"Ahh, Miss McKenzie, nice to see you're on time for once. This is the new student Mr Holden, I assume you will be able to show him around, and get him to class on time" Barry interuppted.

"I'm not sure sure about that Mr Hyde"

"Very good, you have the same classes all day, thank you" Barry walked off.

"So, I'm Jack, nice to meet you" Jack held out his hand.

"You're such a friggin jerk you know that" Martha started, the bell went. "Come on, we better get to class" Martha walked off.

"So what do we do now?" Jack asked

"Well seeing as we don't have class, we do what we want, you know talk to friends, relax, have our lunch, what you usually do in lunchtime. But if you must, you can talk to Robbie, he's new aswell, and a freak like you. He's over there with Tasha, come on you idiot" Martha walked over to them.

"Hey Rob, this is Jack, he's new and a freak, so I thought you two might get along quite well" Martha said.

"Hey Martha, and what do I owe this pleasure?" Rob asked

"Shut up, like I said this is Jack. He's a bit of a weirdo, so I thought you would get along" Martha repeated.

"You know you love me Martha" Robbie said. "Alright Jack, come and join us freaks over here"

"Tash, can I have a word please?" Martha asked once the boys got talking.

"Sure" Tash replied.

"Look I just wanted to say I'm sorry about before, and I really can't lose you as a friend" Martha apologised hoping that her and Tasha could go back to the way things were.

"Yeah I'm sorry aswell, can we just go back to normal?" Tasha asked

"Thats what I want"

"So tell me, what happenned last night?" Tasha giggled.

"Lets walk and talk" Martha pulled her away leaving the boys alone.

Preview

Martha is upset at Tasha again! Jack is getting on her nerves - again.

Sorry its so short, I will try and update more often if you guys still want me to write it :) Please R&R

Archived