Former H&A star on Y&R!

Guest neighbours_h&a_fan

Daniel Goddard, who played Eric Phillips from 1994 - 1995, has been cast in the contract role of "Cane" on The Young and the Restless. He will debut in the US on January 12th, which means probably in Australia in about September 2007 <_< .

what is that. that gay show?? :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

Strangely the name Daniel Goddard sounds really familiar, but this Eric Phillips does not ring a bell. The Young and the Restless is the best daytime soap to come from America, definitely the classier of the bunch. Anyone who flippantly compares it to Days of our Lives obviously doesn't know what they're talking about and should stop embarrassing themselves, since they're completely different in tone and content.

Just like all the people who think Home and Away is like an American soap need to stop. Since they obviously have never bothered to actually watch/pay attention.

So yeah, good luck to him.

^^lol... Can I guess you're a fan of Y&R and not DOOL :P?

I used to watch Y&R aaaages ago and really liked it, but I honestly can't remember a thing about it. DOOL on the other hand, I remember that. It's not what I'd call sophisticated or intellectual viewing, but I think it's fun. I mean really, who can argue with a show that kills someone by dumping a bucket of blood over them and then setting a tiger loose? Try that one Zoe :D

Strangely the name Daniel Goddard sounds really familiar, but this Eric Phillips does not ring a bell. The Young and the Restless is the best daytime soap to come from America, definitely the classier of the bunch. Anyone who flippantly compares it to Days of our Lives obviously doesn't know what they're talking about and should stop embarrassing themselves, since they're completely different in tone and content.

Just like all the people who think Home and Away is like an American soap need to stop. Since they obviously have never bothered to actually watch/pay attention.

So yeah, good luck to him.

Y&TR seems a lot more emotional and serious from what I’ve seen of it, and more character-lead than the other US soaps. I remember watching an episode where I think there was a hijacking on a plane and one of the characters was crying and she looked up and there was a montage in slow motion of some footage that had obviously been taken from her time in the show spanning what seemed like quite a few years (going off the camera quality changes and hair styles)…but I liked that, it reminded me of H&A, nice music too.

I hate DOOL and TBATB…but Passions is just terrible, I know its supposed to be kinda spoofy (it is isn’t it?) but its just cringy.

Passions is definitely a spoof, which is why I love watching it. It's so funny. DOOL has gone the same way. I seem to remember it being relatively serious not too long ago. It still had the odd demonic posssession, but I think they at least tried to have the characters behave in a semi-believable way. Nowadays it's just Passions in a different timeslot. I often get confused between the characters of Teresa (Passions) and Jan (DOOL). I think the difference would be that one is good and one is evil, but they both do crazy things to get the men they're "meant to be" with :D

Also, DOOL doesn't have a resident witch or a talking doll. But it is set in Salem, and weird things can happen. There was a very passionate psychic the last time I checked in on it.

Archived