Former H&A star on Y&R!

Guest neighbours_h&a_fan

Ah I think you're thinking of Celeste. "OH DEAR GOD!!!" is basically what she repeats over and over again. DOOL went the way of Passions (which is supposed to be a fun spoof, but it would be nice to have a cohesive plot or two) but my understanding is that it is being fixed and returned to its former glory.

If Home and Away were to be compared to any American daytime soap the only fair comparison would be The Young and the Restless. Which from what I've heard has actually gone from being a normal soap in the traditional style to something more like Home and Away - fast paced and largely plot driven. Home and Away is something of an anomaly in soap world and is by far the most entertaining style in my opinion. Yeah yeah it's not always satisfying blah blah, but we've got it pretty good and all you need to do is look at the crap DOOL became to see that.

Has there ever been any H&A stars on General Hospital? That's like the only American soap I like (B&B is okay) just too bad it doesn't air over here...

I have only seen a few episodes of Y&R, and DOOL (HATED it, literally HATED it!!) but I used to watch Passions (it only aired the first season over here) and I actually liked it before the Sheridan waking up of coma after being buried alive thing. But then I saw a few episodes this summer (in Canada) and they were from the 2006 season. Now I haven't been watching since like the 2000 episodes, and I couldn't believe it when I saw the 2006 episode. IT'S THE SAME STORYLINES!! If I didn't know it was a 2006 episode I would think it was an episode from right after I stopped watching! That's just ridiculous (and pretty hilarious).

No seriously, American soaps seems to be going downhill, thank god for Home&Away ( iactually don't think we have any British soaps over here)! I'm not looking forward to the day I'm finished in High School and has to start a new school, because that will probably mean no more H&A for me (the Norwegian airings at least) as it's daytime over here...

Archived