Help on Image Editing Software

Guest -Emily-

You need to make sure the sizes match. If the picture is smaller than the banner, it will shrink when it's put onto the banner.

Also, I blend images by making sure there is plently of room to work with, and I erase one edge over the other. Then you can use the blur or smudge tool to blend those edges together... does that make any sense at all?

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, thanks Liz. :D That’s a huge compliment. I’ve never considered writing a tutorial, I‘m still learning but I may write one some day.

Thanks again, you put a smile on my face. :D

I'm using quite a basic photo editing software package that came with our photo printer - I think it's a Lexmark. Anyway, I tried to resize the picture to the 100 x 100 pixel size that BttB requests for the avatars, but it made the picture go really pixelated and grainy. The picture in question is a screen capture taken from one of the threads here. Is there anyway I can rectify the problem, 'cos it looks awful and I haven't seen anyone else's avatars looking like that :S

Any help would be much appreciated!

XxX

Grrr! Whatever I do, it still looks really grainy!!! I would've thought that by making the picture smaller, it would be BETTER quality, not worse! Does everyone else's pictures go grainier when they resize them?

XxX

P.S. Sorry if I'm a pain, I just can't work out where I'm going wrong!

Archived