You know we belong together

Guest Andy

You know we belong together...

The Courier-Mail

20 July 2006

YOU know we belong together. You and I forever and ever. No matter where you are, you're my guiding star. And from the very first moment I saw you I never felt such emotion. I'm walking on air. Just to know you are there. Hold me in your arms, don't let me go. I want to stay forever. Home and away with you each day.

Alert readers will immediately recognise these golden words as the theme song to Home and Away. But there is mounting concern that it will never be heard again.

This week they've taken to going straight from the recap of the night before's action into that night's episode, eschewing the elderly yet still fresh theme song. People aren't happy.

Darrell, who phoned in first thing yesterday, has been watching Home and Away since day one, 1988, and he says he's not thrilled with the cutback.

A spokesperson from Seven said that once they get through this run of bad luck on Summer Bay they'll bring the theme back, it's just that right now, with so much happening, they need every moment of airtime they can get, and so the song drew the short straw.

Seven also confirmed that new opening credits are being filmed in about a fortnight to keep things fresh. Let's see what happens to that song then. One of the Seven employees on It Takes Two might do a version themselves on Sunday night -- it is after all a duet.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived