Mad Minute with Mark Furze

Guest Andy

THE MAD MINUTE with MARK FURZE

Sydney MX

4 May 2006

Actor

The realisation that he'll never cross paths with Jessica Alba while working on the set of Home and Away could be the spur that moves Mark Furze on to his next starring role.

Q. Are you a heartbreaker in real life like your character on Home and Away ?

A. Nah, I'm not, but we have the same shoe size.

Q. How much say do you have on what Ric says and does once you read the script?

A. I change the odd word to make it seem more natural. The writers don't mind at all.

Q. How good are you at remembering your lines?

A. It takes about two or three read-throughs.

Q. Will Home and Away ever have a winter season?

A. Well, we had a cyclone, we could have a blizzard, but a winter is a good idea.

Q. Are any of your fans particularly annoying?

A. There's someone who writes to me every week and it must be in code because it's damn hard work deciphering the handwriting.

Q. What type of scenes do you find difficult to film?

A. I hate the scenes with heaps of cast members like a party or a wedding. They end up looking great, but shooting takes ages and we just have to stand there all day in the back of shot while Ada Nicodemou (Leah) usually does her scenes.

Q. Do you get lots of love letters in your fan mail and would you sign someone's lingerie if asked?

A. I get a few letters, but I actually prefer to sign lingerie.

Q. What's your ideal date with a woman?

A. A nice dinner, maybe sushi, then a ride in her flash sports car to get some chocolate souffle. It finishes with a doona, couch, DVD and maybe a cuddle.

Q. What's your favourite item in your wardrobe and why?

A. An old, faded Iron Maiden T-shirt. It's got all the versions of their mascot Eddie on it and I like it because Iron Maiden are brilliant.

Q. What are your top five tunes at the moment?

A. Beast and the Harlot by Avenged Sevenfold, Youth Gone Wild by Skid Row, Lionheart by Saxon, Dread and the Fugitive Mind by Megadeth and Why Do Today What You Can Do Tomorrow sung by Jamie Cullum.

Q. Are you afraid of being pigeonholed as a soapie actor?

A. Not at all. I plan to play as many varied characters as I can. I'd love to get into films.

Q. What are your future plans for Summer Bay. Do you want to be the longest-serving Home and Away cast member?

A. Nah, I'll move on I think. After all, Jessica Alba isn't going to come to me while I'm here.

Q. When not on camera, how do you relax?

A. I take a lot of naps and have cups of tea. I really like drinking tea.

Q. What other acting opportunities do you want to pursue in the coming years?

A. I look up to people like Giovanni Ribisi and Sam Rockwell. Those guys play a completely different person in each part they do and I'd love to be able to transform myself into a character like that. Comedy, action, drama . . . I'll give it all a go.

THE MAD MINUTE with MARK FURZE

Sydney MX

4 May 2006

Actor

The realisation that he'll never cross paths with Jessica Alba while working on the set of Home and Away could be the spur that moves Mark Furze on to his next starring role.

Q. Are you a heartbreaker in real life like your character on Home and Away ?

A. Nah, I'm not, but we have the same shoe size.

Q. How much say do you have on what Ric says and does once you read the script?

A. I change the odd word to make it seem more natural. The writers don't mind at all.

Q. How good are you at remembering your lines?

A. It takes about two or three read-throughs.

Q. Will Home and Away ever have a winter season?

A. Well, we had a cyclone, we could have a blizzard, but a winter is a good idea.

A. There's someone who writes to me every week and it must be in code because it's damn hard work deciphering the handwriting.

Q. What type of scenes do you find difficult to film?

A. I hate the scenes with heaps of cast members like a party or a wedding. They end up looking great, but shooting takes ages and we just have to stand there all day in the back of shot while Ada Nicodemou (Leah) usually does her scenes.

Q. Do you get lots of love letters in your fan mail and would you sign someone's lingerie if asked?

Q. What's your ideal date with a woman?

A. A nice dinner, maybe sushi, then a ride in her flash sports car to get some chocolate souffle. It finishes with a doona, couch, DVD and maybe a cuddle.

Q. What's your favourite item in your wardrobe and why?

A. An old, faded Iron Maiden T-shirt. It's got all the versions of their mascot Eddie on it and I like it because Iron Maiden are brilliant.

Q. What are your top five tunes at the moment?

A. Beast and the Harlot by Avenged Sevenfold, Youth Gone Wild by Skid Row, Lionheart by Saxon, Dread and the Fugitive Mind by Megadeth and Why Do Today What You Can Do Tomorrow sung by Jamie Cullum.

Q. Are you afraid of being pigeonholed as a soapie actor?

A. Not at all. I plan to play as many varied characters as I can. I'd love to get into films.

Q. What are your future plans for Summer Bay. Do you want to be the longest-serving Home and Away cast member?

A. Nah, I'll move on I think. After all, Jessica Alba isn't going to come to me while I'm here.

Q. When not on camera, how do you relax?

A. I take a lot of naps and have cups of tea. I really like drinking tea.

Q. What other acting opportunities do you want to pursue in the coming years?

A. I look up to people like Giovanni Ribisi and Sam Rockwell. Those guys play a completely different person in each part they do and I'd love to be able to transform myself into a character like that. Comedy, action, drama . . . I'll give it all a go.

Hmmm, doesn't sound like a contract renewal will be in the offfing then. :(

Sorry, I just had to quote and put those in bold. Especially that first one.

Archived