Teens over the years

Guest george

I was thinking the other day about how the teen groups seemed to have changed over the years

Sophie, Bobby, Finn etc

Angel, Sarah, Shane, Damian etc

Selina, Shannon, Sal, Chloe etc

The show & the young groups seemed so different back in the early years then compared to our present day group of Cassie, Mattie, Ric, Robbie, Tash,

Back then the teens seemed to have had more fun and interacted a lot more with each other. The only time we see the current group together is at school or Sals house, I want to see all four of them having fun together.

Was it better now or back then?

What do others think?

George

I've always found teenage groups very hit and miss.

It's quite hard of me to list the one's from the early years because I didn't watch, but from 00 onwards.

1: Sam, Mitch, Hayley, Peta, Edward, Will, Gypsy

This group is probably the biggest there has been with seven characters involved. There is the Will and Gypsy and Edward and Peta love storylines that are still well loved amongst fans, Hayley went out with Sam and Mitch, though neither worked out. Will was king bee and Gypsy, queen bee, but there was some relationships between the groups, ie Gypsy and Hayley were always bitching at each other.

2. Mitch, Hayley, Gypsy, Will, Brodie, Dani, Noah

Following the removal of three characters, 2 boys and a girl, they are replaced with two girls and a boy. For whatever reason I didn't find this as good as the characters that had just left. It gave Gypsy a love rival in Dani, but I always found obvious that Will would end up back with Gypsy.

Mitch and Brodie were only in the show for about five months together and were IMO, rather boring once paired together. Mitch, played Cameron Welsh, I always found had something of an aura about him, something that Mitchell McMahon, didn't, in fact ruining the character slightly. Hayley and Noah did work.

By the beginning of 2002 Gypsy, Will and Mitch had left. Alex and Josh came in, but by that time they had moved up an age group

3.Jade, Duncan, Nick, Kirsty

A two by two partnership with two girls two boys making two couples. I wouldn't say they were horrible romances, unlike the future Jade-Seb boreathon, but it wasn't great. They lacked a maturity that the characters had done before.

4. Jade, Seb, Nick, Kirsty

I always liked Nick and Jade together. Seb and Kirsty worked well in 2001, when they put them back together in 2003 it had lost that certain something that works, we probably all acknowledged that KK had more chemistry, even if it should have been left as a "summer" romance storyline.

Kirsty and Nick were fairly strong characters, but none of these greatness involved much interaction with that group with Nick/Angie and Kirsty/Dylan/drugs/Kane.

By the time they all finally went their ways, they had become tedious beyond belief with the stupid Seb/gay, Seb/food and Nick/dorm storylines all forced upon us by a certain CD.

5. Robbie, Tasha, Kim

I thought it worked well for the eight months or so they were together with Tasha being best friends with the two best friends. Both Robbie and Tasha were also a bit fun at this point, it worked well, but all changed too quickly.

6. Max, Henry, Matilda

Featuring two of the shows worst characters and at the time a Matilda that was not the character she is now, this was horrible, horrible stuff.

7 Ric, Cassie, Henry, Matilda

Felt horribly cobbled together. Cassie and Ric look about three years older than Henry and Matilda (because they are) and not someone that they would always be friends with.

8.Ric, Cassie, Lucas, Matilda

It feels better. Lucas and Matilda always felt like a good couple.

Saw one clip of Sarah and Angel avoiding Damian & Shane cos they had soaked the car seats and it ended in waterfight. Made me wish they'd show a few moments like that amongst the present group.

You know, that's exactly what I thought when I was doing that episode.

The groups they have put together since Kirsty-Jade-Seb-Nick dispersed have'nt felt right.

The current group has improved since Lucas arrived, but there is still something missing. Can't put my finger on it with this group. If it had been Max(I liked him) Matilda, Lucas & Henry, it might have felt different. Tilly seems to have grown up too quickly to fit in with Ric & Cassie.

I can't really relate to any of the current teens on the show, and thats why im not really fond of them, i prefered the Nick, Duncan, Kirsty and Jade era and the Mitch, Hayley, Gypsy, Will, Brodie, Dani, Noah (slightly older teens).

The thing is its not!!! SBJ is dead... and I really think its rude to go posting about something from another site here and not discussing it there...

That would be like people discussing Ryan's wonderful features somewhere else while there is no discussion at Back To The Bay...

Archived