Characters

Guest stephmcd

How old were Sally, Duncan and in particular Sam when they joined in 88, 00 & 91 respectively?

And how old were Rachel, Chris, Dylan(Angel's Son not Angie's) and other kids when last seen, who didn't make the credits?

I don't know about having them in the credit shots, but the reason they aren't seen very much is because there are laws governing child labour, you can hardly have a little kid doing a full time job!

That, and the fact that toddlers are hugely unpredictable as far as acting goes, is why sopas almost always use twins to play one child.

Pippa is played by twin girls IMBD. Scroll down to the very bottom. (I know, I know, IMBD, but this is not speculation, it is fact! And many sites agreed, I just chose this one.) The girls are Leila and Mia Szczepanik.

VJ is played by twin boys at them moment, Cameron & Nicholas Stevens, but the original babies weren't twins, it seems, according to BttB Cast List

So, how could they be in the credits? Would you have both kids in there? Also, they are officially recurring guests, obviously due to their age. If Morag isn't in the credits, neither should they be!

They could just put VJ and Ryan in the shot with Dan and Leah and Pippa with Sally and Flynn, but I agree that it is probably easier not to. I think they should be shown a bit more often.

I think part of the reason is that young children on soaps tend to be recast regularly, V.J. has been played by at least thirteen people since his birth in the 2001 season finale - Max Theoharis, Jack Monger, Harriett Tapley, Simone Medici, Marcus Spinetti, Geoffrey Fois, Tahlia Thorpe, Carlo Teodorowych, Jack Riddle, Harry & James Roberts, Cameron & Nicholas Stevens, many, if not all, of those in a shared role, meaning that different versions of the opening credits would need to be made depending on which actor was playing V.J. on that day, but in some episodes the actor changes from scene to scene, causing a problem. Similarly with Pippa, she has been played by at least two sets of twins, Mia & Leila Szczepanik and Bojanna & Tameka Main. It would just cause too many problems and would be two expensive to keep having to update the credits every month due to a recast.

EDIT: Sorry for stepping on your point there Emma_B, you must have finished your post as I was writing mine, it wasn't there when I started.

Archived